As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain] THREADS THAT KILL. (OUT NOW)

• Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Oddfish wrote: »

This, I agree with.

I think there's nothing wrong with the design but the chicken-shit excuses made for it. However, I still think most of the outrage is just as pretentious as Kojima's narrative hogwash excuse.

Yes it's so pretentious to want women designed by men to titillate to wear clothes and not be designed to titillate

No, it's pretentious to act offended by something that is clearly a design misstep and not some kind of commentary on society at large. The stupid camera angles didn't belong. The obvious focus doesn't feel right because the character is better than that. But begrudging the outfit is just silly when the real problem is the leering we're forced to do when I would have been fine with her bathing suit camo had I not been forced to stare at her ass at every turn when I was busy trying to watch her murder zombie-soldiers.

Quiet is great and she is beautiful. But she could have been beautiful without being shoved down our throats. On the other hand I'm not going to go out of my way to pretend like this is an affront to women or society when all it is is a design blunder

Taken in a vacuum, this is just a design blunder.

But the world is not a vacuum, and this is yet another of the thousands of "design blunders" that is the systemic objectification of women in media.

Quiet clearly panders to the perv in me. There's no doubt about it. I just don't see the problem in that. I am that shallow, and I don't see a problem in that.

When I feel like it, I pay for the product *Beautiful Woman* in real life. Prostitution is perfectly legal where I live, and quite often it's a beautiful experience for me. So it would be quite hypocritical of me to see anything wrong with sexual objectifiction.

Sure, in your judgement, that might be a bad thing, but really, who are you to judge me? Or the people who let themselves be objectified in that manner, or any other.

BranniganSepp on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Many adult males are uncomfortable with a woman who doesn't feel obligated to embrace modesty or are entirely in touch with their own sexuality. Not saying the character's outfit is practical, but in terms of the nature of the character I can see why so many male gamers take issue. Nonchalant appreciation of the attractiveness of one's self can be intimidating to some people. I agree the concept offered in MGSV is pandering but at its core it does tap into some learned male behavior that is anachronistic and needs to wither and die so that women don't have to feel bad about looking at their bodies and feeling pride. However that's a sociological discussion that may not actually apply under the circumstances but it definitely explains a lot of the outcry. "What do you mean she doesn't like clothes?" Well... that's actually a thing. But it's an odd notion to swallow for some people. I'm not indicting anyone's sensibilities just pointing out some old timeynotions that seem culturally hereditary.

The problem is Quiet was created by men. If a woman wants to dress like that, that's cool. Dress however you want. I won't hold it against any cosplayers who dress up (or down?) like Quiet. It just gets weird when a female character created by men is so scantily clad.

Even that's not an acceptable excuse.

Bayonetta was created by men.

Bayonetta exposes herself more to the camera than Quiet could ever DREAM to.

And yet they way Bayonetta the videogame treats Bayonetta the character is about 100 million times less exploitative than than how MGSV treat's Quiet's body.

Bayonetta is a special case too because her design and character end up catering to a more niche audience. On other message boards, there are sometimes discussions that pop up because despite the game playing up the sexuality many people simply don't find the character attractive. One writer somewhere pointed out that it's due to Bayonetta being something for the kink community and not necessarily the general T&A audience. The result is that she's not that sexual for many but ultra refined fetish fuel for both men and women with a specific interest. It's something very, very different in many regards from the norm.

I also recall a brief interview with the character designer for Bayonetta herself. She mentioned that originally Bayonetta didn't have glasses but the project lead requested them largely due to him thinking that women in glasses were cute. So she added glasses to Bayonetta and then decided to add glasses to every other character in the game too to have fun with the lead.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Guys, Kojima won. We can't stop talking about Quiet.

Meanwhile, my wife thinks Quiet is a badass, and when I was playing a couple missions with D-Dog last night, she flat out asked me why I wasn't using Quiet because she was better looking than a dog anyway.

Poor DD.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    The defense for Quiet is as simple, as it is unassailable. Whoever made her, made her how he liked to, and what he wanted to make. What in the seven blazes is wrong with being a pervy man who likes scantily clad women showing lots of tits and ass? Nothing.

Could just as well have been a pervy girl liking scantily clad women showing lots of tits and ass, that made Quiet up (even though I'm fairly sure it wasn't).

BranniganSepp on
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »

Meanwhile, my wife thinks Quiet is a badass, and when I was playing a couple missions with D-Dog last night, she flat out asked me why I wasn't using Quiet because she was better looking than a dog anyway.

Poor DD.

For added context, does your wife have a preference between dogs or cats?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »

Poor DD.

For added context, does your wife have a preference between dogs or cats?

We have two dachshunds.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    The defense for Quiet is as simple, as it is unassailable. Whoever made her, made her how he liked to, and what he wanted to make. What in the seven blazes is wrong with being a pervy man who likes scantily clad women showing lots of tits and ass? Nothing.

Could just as well have been a pervy girl liking scantily clad women showing lots of tits and ass, that made Quiet up (even though I'm fairly sure it wasn't).

Everything is assailable, but not everything needs defense. You like quiet and aren't ashamed to say it. Good for you. But you can see how others may not share or agree with your paradigm. Others may contend over the basic assumptions and experiences that make up your thought. My own justification, if you can call it that, is quite different from yours. No need to be so forceful or absolute, else why even get into argument? What if your objective here? If it is to say that you are not ashamed, no need for the fluff. Your reasoning is subjective, so keep it subjective. No use in projecting it on others.

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015

This, I agree with.

I think there's nothing wrong with the design but the chicken-shit excuses made for it. However, I still think most of the outrage is just as pretentious as Kojima's narrative hogwash excuse.

Yes it's so pretentious to want women designed by men to titillate to wear clothes and not be designed to titillate

No, it's pretentious to act offended by something that is clearly a design misstep and not some kind of commentary on society at large. The stupid camera angles didn't belong. The obvious focus doesn't feel right because the character is better than that. But begrudging the outfit is just silly when the real problem is the leering we're forced to do when I would have been fine with her bathing suit camo had I not been forced to stare at her ass at every turn when I was busy trying to watch her murder zombie-soldiers.

Quiet is great and she is beautiful. But she could have been beautiful without being shoved down our throats. On the other hand I'm not going to go out of my way to pretend like this is an affront to women or society when all it is is a design blunder

But the world is not a vacuum, and this is yet another of the thousands of "design blunders" that is the systemic objectification of women in media.

Or maybe you, like so many others, choose to focus on that and ignore the overwhelming swing in the other direction in media. Even past entries in this series have included female characters who weren't silly eye candy. But other companies have gone crazy with the frequent and consistently well-executed "leading female" to counter the traditional "leading male" while still maintaining the differences and avoiding the looming shadow of forced gender identity crisis. In the end, though, all this rage is standard internet behavior. Outrage is rampant. People love a cause.

I remember being forced to look at Miranda Lawson's butt every two seconds in ME2. It was irritating but I decided to ignore the designers attempts to shove her butt in my face and instead paid attention to the quality of the character. I missed Ashley, but they gave her back in ME3.... complete with fake n bake tan and flat iron treatment... I rolled my eyes but dropped it there because no matter how much the old guard tries to reinforce the traditional pandering they fuck up and give us gems like Bonnie McFarlane and Jack and The Boss. Hell, we've had Samus Aran for generations of gaming. And let's not forget Mirror's Edge.

You don't have to sift through the bargain bins anymore. The appreciation for well constructed female characters is there. The sexuality of design will never disappear, however. That's the way that is. Attraction dictates design. If I think it's boring or uninteresting to look at I won't look at it. I do, agree, however, that sexy can be achieved without gratuitous objectification.

Quiet can wear a bikini. Just don't shove her boobs in my face while she's exhibiting what ACTUALLY makes her awesome. I can see them just fine, thanks. That's great. But seriously... calm down with the camera.

EDIT: Like, seriously, in the helicopter.... "Quiet, sit still, please... Jesus Christ what is your problem?" I think you can definitely say that's fucking gratuitous. But I don't think the outfit is the issue. I think being told what I should be interested in by clever camera angles is grating. Especially in a game where facial animation and design is so unbelievably well executed.

Oddfish on
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular

That it happens far too often and objectifies women. You know, that it's harmful.

No I don't.
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

This, I agree with.

Or maybe you, like so many others, choose to focus on that and ignore the overwhelming swing in the other direction in media. Even past entries in this series have included female characters who weren't silly eye candy. But other companies have gone crazy with the frequent and consistently well-executed "leading female" to counter the traditional "leading male" while still maintaining the differences and avoiding the looming shadow of forced gender identity crisis. In the end, though, all this rage is standard internet behavior. Outrage is rampant. People love a cause.

I remember being forced to look at Miranda Lawson's butt every two seconds in ME2. It was irritating but I decided to ignore the designers attempts to shove her butt in my face and instead paid attention to the quality of the character. I missed Ashley, but they gave her back in ME3.... complete with fake n bake tan and flat iron treatment... I rolled my eyes but dropped it there because no matter how much the old guard tries to reinforce the traditional pandering they fuck up and give us gems like Bonnie McFarlane and Jack and The Boss. Hell, we've had Samus Aran for generations of gaming. And let's not forget Mirror's Edge.

You don't have to sift through the bargain bins anymore. The appreciation for well constructed female characters is there. The sexuality of design will never disappear, however. That's the way that is. Attraction dictates design. If I think it's boring or uninteresting to look at I won't look at it. I do, agree, however, that sexy can be achieved without gratuitous objectification.

Quiet can wear a bikini. Just don't shove her boobs in my face while she's exhibiting what ACTUALLY makes her awesome. I can see them just fine, thanks. That's great. But seriously... calm down with the camera.

What overwhelming swing? How many strong female characters that are wearing normal clothing are there versus how many are just wearing bikinis or armor that are just metal bikinis? How many games resist the urge to male gaze the females every chance they get?

Now how many men?

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    What the hell. I was replaying mission 4, "C2W", to get some more objectives. Chopper arrives on scene, tells me to destroy comms stuff, then says it's already destroyed and... the mission is done and I go to the reward screen?

So how do I get those extra objectives then?

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    That's weird. Maybe it knew you had already destroyed the blue coms equipment or the dishes and they haven't been replaced/respawned yet? I'd think it would auto respawn if it's for the mission though. edit: Did you go from the ACC or direct from the field?

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    Like, there was actual dialogue where Ocelot is surprised they're already destroyed and tells me I did a good job and then fade to black, misson done.

• Options
    vagrant_winds had this issue preventing 100% completion, I think it's a serious bug

Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I'm still stuck on the Quiet Exit mission.

It seems every armored vehicle suddenly gained all seeing eye and can see no matter where I am even with the chicken hat on and has a massive damage boost, they can one shot my summoned tanks with the full durability bar. I'm rendered useless whenever i'm waiting for new ammo to drop and my helicopter bursts in to flames seconds later after arriving. And when I do get near the end, quiet gets a random bullet out of nowhere to the face that takes away a quarter of her health.

Ravelle on
    D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I'm not sure if many people are saying Kojima shouldn't be allowed to make what he wants. Nor do I think there's an abundance of outrage about Quiet. Criticism is not outrage, yet it's a fallacious connection that's made all too often.

My problem with Quiet is that a lot of the elements surrounding her are in stark contrast to the rest of the game. And that's an additional disservice because in all other respects she's one of the more interesting characters. Furthermore, I believe the game even contradicts its own justification for her attire. It feels like they came up with a sexy design first and her character second.

That's not to say the others games haven't sexualized their female cast. In some cases there was decent purpose behind it (EVA), in others not so much (the BB unit's photo mode). But the general tone of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain feels like a larger, and more serious, departure from those previous entries. That makes Quiet's design and camera focus stand out all the more like a sore thumb to me.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Dashui wrote: »
    I'm not sure if many people are saying Kojima shouldn't be allowed to make what he wants. Nor do I think there's an abundance of outrage about Quiet. Criticism is not outrage, yet it's a fallacious connection that's made all too often.

My problem with Quiet is that a lot of the elements surrounding her are in stark contrast to the rest of the game. And that's an additional disservice because in all other respects she's one of the more interesting characters. Furthermore, I believe the game even contradicts its own justification for her attire. It feels like they came up with a sexy design first and her character second.

That's not to say the others games haven't sexualized their female cast. In some cases there was decent purpose behind it (EVA), in others not so much (the BB unit's photo mode). But the general tone of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain feels like a larger, and more serious, departure from those previous entries.

If I was outraged at Kojima, the Metal Gear series wouldn't be one of my favorites of all time, and this game probably wouldn't be my GOTY.

You can, and should, criticize things you love. It's a way to make them better, and it doesn't make them bad or evil.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options

That's not to say the others games haven't sexualized their female cast. In some cases there was decent purpose behind it (EVA), in others not so much (the BB unit's photo mode). But the general tone of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain feels like a larger, and more serious, departure from those previous entries.

If I was outraged at Kojima, the Metal Gear series wouldn't be one of my favorites of all time, and this game probably wouldn't be my GOTY.

You can, and should, criticize things you love. It's a way to make them better, and it doesn't make them bad or evil.

Unless everything about the game has been pulled out by the roots and there's no way anything like this will be made in the next decade, feedback or not :/

• Options
    klemming wrote: »
    Is there a limit to the number of people you can have in your waiting room? I'm wondering if I should start firing people.

I think it fires people automatically if they're left in your waiting room for a certain time?
    Unless you lock them to keep it from doing so.

Unless it raises when you add more platforms, the population cap I keep hitting is 700 total.

On a related tangent, Mother Base must be maintenance intensive given how it is a massive structure in seawater. I have to assume that Outer Heaven was created to keep operating costs low on the insistence of all the accountants turned soldier/mercenary that were ballooned into servitude.

I was regularly starting to have people auto-dismiss from the waiting room after hitting a cap. Then I got an FOB and no longer get auto-dismissals as I have plenty of spots now open.

So it does seem to raise when you get more platforms. I think it's just that the waiting room itself has a maximum capacity.

Though despite the fact that I can now take on a lot more recruits and may even want some losers to pad out the security team, I find myself retaining the much more aggressive job candidate screening process from when I was filled up.

Have no skills above C level? That's a knifing.

Have a troublemaker specialty? That's a knifing.

Refuse to answer questions when held up and think about trying to melee me in response with either of the above? Oh you bet that's a knifing.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Paladin wrote: »

Unless everything about the game has been pulled out by the roots and there's no way anything like this will be made in the next decade, feedback or not :/

This seems incredibly likely, sadly. They wouldn't even let him finish this thing. If they make another one, I'll be shocked. If they manage to make another one as good as this or any of the others, I'd be double shocked. This isn't even finished and it's one of the greatest gameplay experiences of the past several years. But man, if it were finished, and the story reached a satisfying conclusion at the end of the game, it'd be so great!

Also, if I could drop in Walker Gears c'mon people. Oh and
    The boss fights all sucked. That was disappointing.

I can't help but feel disappointed in this game. If only it were finished.

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular

Nah, because it lets others think about it as well, and possibly add their voice in, possibly making it so other game designers see "oh, there's a market here for games that treat women with respect all the way through! Maybe we should do that!"

No I don't.
  • Options
    Tactical Stealth Espionage

u6mf5Jg.jpg

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    That's weird. Maybe it knew you had already destroyed the blue coms equipment or the dishes and they haven't been replaced/respawned yet? I'd think it would auto respawn if it's for the mission though. edit: Did you go from the ACC or direct from the field?

From the ACC.

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Is there a limit to the number of people you can have in your waiting room? I'm wondering if I should start firing people.

I think it fires people automatically if they're left in your waiting room for a certain time?
    Unless you lock them to keep it from doing so.

Unless it raises when you add more platforms, the population cap I keep hitting is 700 total.

On a related tangent, Mother Base must be maintenance intensive given how it is a massive structure in seawater. I have to assume that Outer Heaven was created to keep operating costs low on the insistence of all the accountants turned soldier/mercenary that were ballooned into servitude.

I was regularly starting to have people auto-dismiss from the waiting room after hitting a cap. Then I got an FOB and no longer get auto-dismissals as I have plenty of spots now open.

So it does seem to raise when you get more platforms. I think it's just that the waiting room itself has a maximum capacity.

Though despite the fact that I can now take on a lot more recruits and may even want some losers to pad out the security team, I find myself retaining the much more aggressive job candidate screening process from when I was filled up.

Have no skills above C level? That's a knifing.

Have a troublemaker specialty? That's a knifing.

Refuse to answer questions when held up and think about trying to melee me in response with either of the above? Oh you bet that's a knifing.

My current max is 1400 total. FOB is a way to raise the total quickly and cheaply, though levels 3 and 4 of the platforms are more expensive (IIRC) than the corresponding Mother Base version.

Two weeks in, 120 hours in (ok, like 10-15 have been idling), this is my GOTY hands down. (I've yet to finish it, though.)

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    The comms stuff do respawn eventually, so I would say wait for the equipment to pop up again then try the mission.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options

This seems incredibly likely, sadly. They wouldn't even let him finish this thing. If they make another one, I'll be shocked. If they manage to make another one as good as this or any of the others, I'd be double shocked. This isn't even finished and it's one of the greatest gameplay experiences of the past several years. But man, if it were finished, and the story reached a satisfying conclusion at the end of the game, it'd be so great!

False. Quiet was amazing.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.konami.jp/mgs_portal/jp/info/?id=678

Looks like they got a fix for the Missions 29/42 bug. Supposed to be out on Steam already.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    The Human Resources personnel that I have previously fultoned object to the practice, but Balloon or Bullet is my vetting SOP.

Edit:
    I am also kinda getting to the point where I might ditch the non-lethal weapons and just kneecap potential recruits so I can play around with more of the weapons.

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    The comms stuff do respawn eventually, so I would say wait for the equipment to pop up again then try the mission.

The problem is that if you S rank the mission, it still shows as -- on the log, forever, and doesn'T count for the trophy

• Options

Nah, because it lets others think about it as well, and possibly add their voice in, possibly making it so other game designers see "oh, there's a market here for games that treat women with respect all the way through! Maybe we should do that!"

Yeah, let me know when the next cerebral military conspiracy stealth game with out of this world characters and a photo realistic engine with "anything goes" game play takes this info under advisement. I want more metal gear!

• Options

False. Quiet was amazing.

Eh, yeah that one is pretty good. MGS is good at sniper duels. The rest I found pretty disappointing though. There's not enough metal gear weirdness for me.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

Poor DD.

This was a test. You should have replied "Not as good looking as you are".

I presume you failed this test.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    There is nothing wrong with sexuality, dressing sexy, acting sexy, etc. Nothing at all.

The issue comes within the context of women being treated as substandard throughout history on top of the fact that Quiet is being presented as an object for my desires, which makes me feel uncomfortable. The camera leers at her, she is posed in a way that screams "I am for you, I am not under my own power." And I find that disturbing, because over and over and over I find myself in that situation of being presented with people as some kind of reward or object to acquire.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying Quiet's physical appearance. If that appearance had been there without the game forcing her on me as an object, I would have pretty much no issue.

She has such strong moments of menace and presence, which are entirely overshadowed by "Here she is, all for you on a silver platter."

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Many adult males are uncomfortable with a woman who doesn't feel obligated to embrace modesty or are entirely in touch with their own sexuality. Not saying the character's outfit is practical, but in terms of the nature of the character I can see why so many male gamers take issue. Nonchalant appreciation of the attractiveness of one's self can be intimidating to some people. I agree the concept offered in MGSV is pandering but at its core it does tap into some learned male behavior that is anachronistic and needs to wither and die so that women don't have to feel bad about looking at their bodies and feeling pride. However that's a sociological discussion that may not actually apply under the circumstances but it definitely explains a lot of the outcry. "What do you mean she doesn't like clothes?" Well... that's actually a thing. But it's an odd notion to swallow for some people. I'm not indicting anyone's sensibilities just pointing out some old timeynotions that seem culturally hereditary.

Ah yes the old "the problem with the male gaze is we don't have more of it" defense.

Yeah that's what it is. Not the tired old "stop treating people like they're weird or wrong for looking in a mirror and smiling".

The horrifying notion that any person, male or female, can have some kind of pride or appreciation for their physical body. Oh yuck that's exhibitionist icky taboo. Please. Insecurity is a stinky perfume.

Quiet is not a real person with agency

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular

This, I agree with.

EDIT: Like, seriously, in the helicopter.... "Quiet, sit still, please... Jesus Christ what is your problem?" I think you can definitely say that's fucking gratuitous. But I don't think the outfit is the issue. I think being told what I should be interested in by clever camera angles is grating. Especially in a game where facial animation and design is so unbelievably well executed.

The stretching actually makes sense

It's everything else that is awful

Also she literally could have worn the same outfit and just simply not done the fanservicey bits and it would have been received much better

Also why doesn't she wear a god damn sports bra if she's going to flip around, lmao

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Like you want her showing a lot of skin?

If you made her look like Ronda Rousey in UFC fighting gear no one would have cared

• Options

If you made her look like Ronda Rousey in UFC fighting gear no one would have cared

Still wouldn't make sense. In MMA, everyone is wearing very little clothing because it makes sense for the sport.

Wearing very little clothing while climbing around on rocks and woods and sand and being around gunfire and explosions.....doesn't. And also literally everybody else is wearing full combat gear.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    I mean if you want her to have the dumb reason that she is that way while being a superhuman

• Options

Still wouldn't make sense. In MMA, everyone is wearing very little clothing because it makes sense for the sport.

Wearing very little clothing while climbing around on rocks and woods and sand and being around gunfire and explosions.....doesn't. And also literally everybody else is wearing full combat gear.

But she doesn't climb around on rocks

• Options
    edited September 2015

But she doesn't climb around on rocks

She literally teleports and has super bulletproof magic invisibility skin. Her choice of fabric might be different for that reason.

So, do we have any info on MGO yet? Is it going to be super screwed on PC like FOBs are?

SniperGuy on
This discussion has been closed.