As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

THE STEAM SALE CANNOT BE STOPPED. UPDATE: IT STOPPED.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Aren't those kinds of videos done on emulators where they can play it frame by frame and then it's sped up to real-time?

Some of them. High level Tetris play is insane, though - and that's not even talking about stuff like the credits of Tetris The Grand Master where you do it with invisible blocks.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I wonder what the highest score in pacman championship edition is excluding cheaters.

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    6 blocks is a huge buffer in pro tetris so I can see how they are stacking so fast

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    I don't see how it possibly could be done by a human. Literally no time is spent arranging the blocks; did classic tetris even have an option to speed up the left/right movement from standard?

I believe this is a version specifically created for this kind of gameplay

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vvEzm9DlDQ
    After 17 years, Starcraft 2 will finally be released on November 10th

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    wow that's soon

And Fallout 4 ensures I won't get it.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    wow that's soon

the first 2 parts of starcraft 2 ensure I won't get part 3

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    uh wol was a fantastic game and hots wasn't too bad either but zerg mechanics didn't play out as well. protoss should be better

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I reaaally wanted to play Zerg but couldn't deal with the micro

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I am super looking forward to lotv

The story will be fun ham handed adventures and the missions will be well done and mechanically the whole thing will be very solid and enjoyable

And it will have multiplayer or something I guess???

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I like the hero probe.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    I like the hero probe.

that protoss had like 20 goddamn warpgates and 2000 minerals in the bank, what a bad player :rotate:

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    I like charging zealots and this expansion is promising a whole bunch of them

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    wow that's soon

Yeah, I bought the first part and regretted it almost immediately.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    WoL was great. Yeah, let's hijack this giant mech. Yeah!

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    tychus for most immediately squandered blizzard character

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    you can play him in hots!

now I am talking about heart of the swarm or heroes of the storm

Jars on
  • Options
    Wings of Liberty is a stunningly well realized and fun campaign to play. Doubly so because it is comprised almost exclusively of what used to be the worst missions in an RTS, where you're given a gimmicky goal other than "kill the enemy base."

I never played Heart of the Swarm but still mean to go back someday.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    After looking it up.

It seems like Blood bowl 2 might end up having some of the same minor ui issues the old ones do.

I only hope they don't fuck up their dlc scheme as badly and I might grab it.

• Options
    the problem with hots is stuff like spreading creep is a mechanic that works in multiplayer but then you get to single player and it blows and playing zerg is awful because of it

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    the problem with hots is stuff like spreading creep is a mechanic that works in multiplayer but then you get to single player and it blows and playing zerg is awful because of it

Arguably works in multiplayer

Apparently Blizzard is toning back various bits of busywork in base micromanagement. MULEs replaced with just calling in SCV's, Queens automatically inject eggs at a reduced rate, Chrono Boost is a semi-permanent buff to building production speed but each Nexus only has one they can move around, etc

so maybe they will deal with tedious mechanics this time around instead of encouraging them because it makes the pros seem more impressive

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    well problem with those mechanics is the professional sc2 scene has been dying off for a while so stuff that increases busywork for pros is maybe...not helpful????

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Wings of Liberty is a stunningly well realized and fun campaign to play. Doubly so because it is comprised almost exclusively of what used to be the worst missions in an RTS, where you're given a gimmicky goal other than "kill the enemy base."

Heart of the Swarm has some pretty great missions, but the story is hella dumb even by Blizzard standards.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    duran.....became.....narud!!!!!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    uh wol was a fantastic game and hots wasn't too bad either but zerg mechanics didn't play out as well. protoss should be better

see

I read things like this and I wonder

do you generally prefer Terran over Zerg?

My preferences are Protoss > Zerg > ... > Terran

and I'd claim the opposite: Heart was fantastic and Wings wasn't too bad.

Wings had some highs, but I think they were all fairly late-game. I just generally struggled with the early (or maybe mid? It's been a long time) missions. Examples that spring to mind as particularly troublesome: Welcome to the Jungle, The Great Train Robbery, Safe Haven; and, as I've said before, I really hated Engine of Destruction and The Dig.

Heart, by contrast, was just a blast to go through. Can't think of a mission I didn't like.

This is not to start an argument! It's great if you prefer the Terran campaign ... but I'm genuinely curious if that comes along with a more general preference for Terran or dislike of Zerg.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I loved the WoL campaign but when I go back to play it I remember I can just marine medic everything and it's too easy :(

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    wow that's soon

Dogshit as the "story" is, the gameplay is still topnotch. And the campaigns have generally been pretty well-crafted.
    Release pickup for me.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Christine Love--creator of Analogue: A Hate Story--put together a five-minute teaser demo of her new visual novel (Ladykiller in a Bind) for PAX.

And she recently put it up for everyone to download.

http://loveconquersallgam.es/post/128869062193/missed-playing-the-special-five-minute-long-teaser

Be warned that the demo (and some posts on her tumblr) are NSFW.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Huh, I assumed she was Korean or Korean-American, given Analogue.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    i'm so bummed Ladykiller got delayed until 2016

still super excited though, the Hate games are really really good

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Heart of the Swarm has some pretty great missions, but the story is hella dumb even by Blizzard standards.

I don't know? I have been on 3 different computers since Wings of Liberty came out and it rolled me back to the Protoss missions on Aiur or something {one of them is the fall of the Protoss and you have to protect the info cube or whatever]

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I skipped Heart of the Swarm, but I'll probably check out this one

Protoss has always been my favorite Starcraft race

but i sure as hell am not getting it at launch

I have an Xbox now so I could get Tomb Raider, but even that's gotta wait

Fallout is all-consuming

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Brolo wrote: »

Do you get a discount on Titans if you have PA in your steam account?

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Gumpy wrote: »

@Gumpy, yup! 66% off, which makes it $13.60 in American Bucks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    DoctorArch wrote: »

ace ace ace

Thanks for the info

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Working on my backlog and Sir, You Are Being Hunted is fucking amazing: the tension, the atmosphere, the little quirky notes on random items you pick up ... I love it.

I died quite quickly on my first couple of attempts, but I've figured out that bull-rushing the shotgun toting robots with an axe is key if you can get close enough without them seeing you. Inventory management is a beast though, I always have something I want to take with me 'just in case' but I'm gonna try leaving stashes of loot for when I need them.

And what the fuck is that *THING* that stomps around with a cane? My second run ended when I got caught by a trap and it one-shot me like nothing.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »

ace ace ace

Thanks for the info

It's such a good game too! Better than any other RTS I've played in years

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

Worst payoff ever.
    StarCraft: Brood War in 1998 - Duran is this mysterious former confederate who helps the UED, but then betrays them at the last minute; later he's seen infested and helping Kerrigan only to vanish at a critical moment. Secret mission reveals he's thousands of years old and working for an ancient power to create Zerg/Protoss hybrids...

Wings of Liberty in 2010 - Dr. Nerud shows up investigating a piece of the artifact mcguffin. Other than Kerrigan mentioning she "sees through Nerud's charade" no real connection is made between Nerud and Duran.

Heart of the Swarm in 2012 - Despite having Infested Stukov there (who was intimately involved with Duran and his betrayal) helping her, neither Kerrigan nor Stukov bring up if Narud was Duran, and during the big confrontation cutscene, we don't even see him take Duran's form, let alone see what he actually looks like up close. He just shapeshifts into Jimmy and then Ghost Kerrigan, and then dies. We basically have learned nothing really about him.

Whispers of Oblivion in 2015 - In like the first MINUTE of the prelude campaign, Zeretul just goes "Yeah, Narud and Duran were the game guy. Now, moving on..."

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Worst payoff ever.
    StarCraft: Brood War in 1998 - Duran is this mysterious former confederate who helps the UED, but then betrays them at the last minute; later he's seen infested and helping Kerrigan only to vanish at a critical moment. Secret mission reveals he's thousands of years old and working for an ancient power to create Zerg/Protoss hybrids...

Wings of Liberty in 2010 - Dr. Nerud shows up investigating a piece of the artifact mcguffin. Other than Kerrigan mentioning she "sees through Nerud's charade" no real connection is made between Nerud and Duran.

Heart of the Swarm in 2012 - Despite having Infested Stukov there (who was intimately involved with Duran and his betrayal) helping her, neither Kerrigan nor Stukov bring up if Narud was Duran, and during the big confrontation cutscene, we don't even see him take Duran's form, let alone see what he actually looks like up close. He just shapeshifts into Jimmy and then Ghost Kerrigan, and then dies. We basically have learned nothing really about him.

Whispers of Oblivion in 2015 - In like the first MINUTE of the prelude campaign, Zeretul just goes "Yeah, Narud and Duran were the game guy. Now, moving on..."

There is no cow level

This discussion has been closed.