As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX South 2016 Cosplays/Costumes

PvPCosplayPvPCosplay LouisianaRegistered User regular
Seeing how it's a new year and the old thread is buried under. Time to start a new one and see who is cosplaying at 2016 PAX South!

The PvPCosplay Team will be cosplaying again!

Me (the one typing this up) will be Original Lux form League of Legends and Lady Sylavanas (Updated model) from World of Warcraft: Legion.
Ducky (the other member of the team) will be Candlejack from Freakazoid, bring back Old Gregg from Might Boosh, and Squritle from Pokemon.

What will you be bringing to PAX?

• Only_TrinityOnly_Trinity Registered User regular
    I will be cosplaying as Agent Washington, or a close variant of him (not sure of which yet) from Red v Blue with full detail and correct body suit. Trying to convince my friend to cosplay as well.

Pretty excited as it will be my first official cosplay and waiting for my 3 day passes!

• RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    I'm looking at going as an NCR cowboy

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • MidanMidan Registered User regular
    This will be the second time I have cosplayed (the first being South last year) and this time I am being pretty ambitious and am making three costumes this year. Friday- Leafeon, Saturday- Chikorita, and Sunday- Pokemon trainer from X and Y. I decided to do Pokemon again since that is my comfort zone and I can save some money by using pieces I already have and by using the same pieces for two costumes. :)

• IrsoolIrsool Registered User regular
    Those are all cool ideas! I am working on a Hunter costume from Bloodborne. I hope to have enough time to have a good enough cosplay by January :P

uV3Kd9v.png
  • NightmarenNightmaren Registered User regular
    Playing with a few ideas; maybe something from Chrono Trigger or Cross, I have a Harle costume but it's so much work to put on that I doubt I'll be bringing it. :( NiGHTS is debatable for the same reason. Maybe Flea, been wanting to cosplay him for ages, or remake Lucca. Garnet/Dagger from FFIX is a big possibility and a new FNaF gijinka, either Chica or Bonnie; if not, I could always wear Freddy again. :)

• PvPCosplayPvPCosplay LouisianaRegistered User regular
    So much excitement today! Badges bought, Hotel booked, and now on to the drafting of costumes to get them done early!
    I might be adding a DA:I cosplay to the fold as well. Maybe a Friday comfort thing so I can see. Still debating on Sylvanas or I might do a Heroes of the Storm sort of thing... who knows!

• ScorchcakeScorchcake Registered User new member
    I'll be cosplaying, but undecided as of now on what. Is there a cosplay contest or photoshoots that get scheduled? I have never been to PAX South, so I am so excited to attend, but I am clueless about the cosplay opportunities there. Can anyone help me out? Thanks so much!

• PurichanPurichan Registered User new member
    Scorchcake, PAX won't hold an official competition but a vendor surely will and it will likely take place on Saturday evening like it did last year. I hate to say it but I can't recall what vendor put it on last year.

I will be there cosplaying a Halo Reach Spartan. :D So excited!

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Purichan wrote: »
    Scorchcake, PAX won't hold an official competition but a vendor surely will and it will likely take place on Saturday evening like it did last year. I hate to say it but I can't recall what vendor put it on last year.

Pretty sure that was Motiga.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • OrezbusOrezbus Wichita, KSRegistered User regular
    Still trying to decide if I want to cosplay this year. My cousin is going as Max Payne from Max Payne 3.

I had no idea there was a contest! If I had more time or maybe if I can find time I have something in mind. :)

• srsartistkatsrsartistkat Registered User regular
    I'm working on something big and exciting... but I don't want to jinx myself by saying what it is until I get a little further along with it. Once I actually have pictures to post, then maybe I'll share, hahaha.

And there was an unofficial contest last year??? Really? Someone tell us about it, because this is the first time I've heard anything about it!

• SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    I'm leading House Targaryen at the bar crawl again, and I think this year I might rock my Daenerys costume one day at PAX.

• DanQDanQ Registered User regular
    I'm doing the "sign me" gimmick I did at East for the last 3 years. See the avatar photo. If you see me, flag me down and sign or doodle on me.

• CoryphefishCoryphefish Registered User new member
    I'll probably re-visit my Bioware cosplays from Dragon-Con, but it would be nice to make some new ones too.

...The Game of Thrones bar crawl might be the perfect place to wear an "Oberyn and the Sand Snakes" heavy metal t-shirt!

• Goddess of MadnessGoddess of Madness Registered User regular
    I am hoping to do something from one of the side comics.... I'm playing with things now to see if I can pull it off

• psycocougarpsycocougar Registered User new member
    i will be bringing mercury from RWBY and Debonair Ezreal from Lol

• DioscuriiDioscurii Registered User new member
    I'm not much of a cosplayer but if my child hopefully doesn't keep growing at the same ridiculous rate I will be carrying around a moogle.

• Zartan5000Zartan5000 Registered User new member
    Never been to PAX, never cosplayed. Interested in trying to put together something for a costume though. Definitely interested in the drinking event Swae

I'm going to be using a wig for the first time ever and I wanted to ask some veterans some questions. Are there any go to sites you like to use to buy wigs? And I noticed a lot of sites I looked at had used wigs for sale, is that a common practice or should I shy away from that?

I recommend Arda and Epic Cosplay for wigs. :)

• MaggieTheCatMaggieTheCat Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, I meant to post here and recommend Arda as well. Also in regards to buying used wigs, I have never tried that myself, but I am going to be attempting to re-style one of my own wigs and I already know it's going to be a pain in the...you know what. Arda's wigs aren't that expensive to begin with, they generally run $30-40 so I'd just shell out the extra to get one as similar in style to the character you're going as but without any product in it and then style it yourself. I'm going to have to attempt to wash all the product out of mine and then restyle it from scratch and I have no idea how well (or poorly) that's going to go.

Thanks guys for all the help!! Found the perfect wig! Now on to the next big project: sewing the dresses!

• xaldin87xaldin87 Gaymer SaTxRegistered User regular
    I plan on wearing my Crossplay Bombshell Batwoman outfit that I have been working on.

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

• TheFizz11TheFizz11 Registered User regular
    I am thinking of doing something like Mr. Monopoly, the classic board game icon.

Or my friend and I might be geishas for no good reason.

Or I might try to do something like roller-derby Nova from heroes of the storm.

I need to decide though lol.

• Zartan5000Zartan5000 Registered User new member
    Working on a Nathan Drake outfit. Slow going.

• CupcakesFTWCupcakesFTW TexasRegistered User new member
    I wanna try, but it would be my first time cosplaying. It's a little ambitious, but if I can complete it on time, I hope to go as Miss Fortune from League of Legends...Arcade Skin :D

• The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Would anybody recognize if I dressed as Chanel #3 from Scream Queens? Or would I just look over dressed?
    (More specifically This outfit.)

Of course... it could still be interesting if people just thought I was over dressed...

The Aviatrix on
    x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • psycocougarpsycocougar Registered User new member
    I wanna try, but it would be my first time cosplaying. It's a little ambitious, but if I can complete it on time, I hope to go as Miss Fortune from League of Legends...Arcade Skin :D

hope you get his done it would be great to get a pic with in our lol cosplays

• Only_TrinityOnly_Trinity Registered User regular
    So, I will be adding to my cosplay suits. I won't be building an entire stormtooper suit, but just the helmet and wearing a fancy white suit underneath.
    Going to wear it to the Premiere of The Force Awakens too!!

• xaldin87xaldin87 Gaymer SaTxRegistered User regular
    yi4rktt83zj9.jpg

I will be making PAX South the Con Debut of this little beauty.

Crossplay Bombshell Batwoman

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

• Boogiebob9Boogiebob9 Registered User new member
    Even though I won't be cosplaying from a specific game, I will be cosplaying as Kylo Ren from the upcoming star wars movie. I'm a little weary if that is a bad choice because it's not directly from a game, so tell me if you think it is a bad idea. xD

• xcaligamer1xcaligamer1 Registered User new member
    I missed out in going last year. I know pax is mostly indie games which I don't mimd. However, I'll be cosplaying Playstation characters....would that be frowned upon or anything?

• The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    Cosplay whatever you want. You'd be hard pressed to find a costume which would be frowned upon by normal people. And if somebody does, they're an exception and it's their own problem.

Anime isn't uncommon, TV shows aren't uncommon. And there will be people from all types of games. Likely a number of LoL cosplayers despite Riot having zero presence most likely. People cosplaying indie games are probably less common tbh :P

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Zoe the TransgenderZoe the Transgender Registered User new member
    I am Cosplaying as the anarchist from counterstrike global offensive.

So officially only 50 days till pax!! I am starting to panic a little because I still have two dresses to finish sewing and I haven't even started on my third costume yet. Lol Anyone else feeling the pressure yet?

Finished all my ears, tails, leafs, and accessories! I don't think I will ever get all the felt hairs out of my carpet. lol

• vman401vman401 Registered User regular
    My wife and I are cosplaying as Fox McCloud and Falco Lombardi, respectively. She is also doing a bb hood costume on Friday.

• OrezbusOrezbus Wichita, KSRegistered User regular
    Really want to cosplay as reaper from Blizzard's upcoming game, OverWatch. But I don't think I will have time to put everything together before pax since this would be my first cosplay

• laurentheflutelaurentheflute Leader of The Returners AustinRegistered User regular
    I am trying to decide between Paula (Earthbound), Locke (Final Fantasy VI), my on-its-last-legs white mage costume (FF series), or making a new costume and going as Toriel from Undertale.

Choices are hard :(

I got self-conscious about having a self-promotional signature. Now I don't have one anymore. HI, I'M LAUREN, I PLAY MUSIC AND VIDEO GAMES