As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain] THREADS THAT KILL. (OUT NOW)

• RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    Dashui wrote: »
    Ravelle wrote: »
    God damn it, what a dick move.

Thankfully, modders have used their power for good this time.

http://www.nexusmods.com/phantompain/mods/4/

The title of the mod is a spoiler, of course. Be wary if you haven't already beaten or are in the final stages the game.

PS4 version sadly.

D083uBC.jpg
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Like, there was actual dialogue where Ocelot is surprised they're already destroyed and tells me I did a good job and then fade to black, misson done.
    Paladin wrote: »
    vagrant_winds had this issue preventing 100% completion, I think it's a serious bug

Destroyed equipment respawns after doing a set number of missions. Not a bug.

The bug is that the rank can't be changed from - to S afterwards. Even if you replay it later, the autoclear overrules an S rank, screwing you out of 100%

Oh brilliant
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Like, there was actual dialogue where Ocelot is surprised they're already destroyed and tells me I did a good job and then fade to black, misson done.
    vagrant_winds had this issue preventing 100% completion, I think it's a serious bug

The bug is that the rank can't be changed from - to S afterwards. Even if you replay it later, the autoclear overrules an S rank, screwing you out of 100%

What? I don't understand. I've missed something.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

I was mistaken. The bug is that if you destroy the comms tower in free roam before the mission starts, it permanently craps your rank.

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

I was mistaken. The bug is that if you destroy the comms tower in free roam before the mission starts, it permanently craps your rank.

The beauty of my ignorance: I had no idea destroying the blue consoles stopped comms, so I didn't do it until much, much later.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular

That's odd, cos I've seen people say you can get an S rank by doing that. Like, that way is also in the guide so it worked for them at least.
    I'm not doubting that people are bugged.
    Anyone with this bug tried starting the mission from freeroam?

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    Monger wrote: »
    metaghost wrote: »
    Super big end-game spoilers
    This entire game is Ocelot coming to grips with what Big Boss is doing. He seems plain and bland because he's reconciling the idea that what Big Boss is doing to The Medic is super fucked up, while trying to desperatly maintain his loyalty to the man.

Hell, I would wager a guess that the only reason why he stuck around is half-duty, half PITY for Punished Snake.

That's why Ocelot dosen't seem to be having ANY fun.

Because he 100% is NOT.

I'm not sure that's accurate:
    According to Ocelot's conversation with the real Big Boss, Ocelot intended to use his hypno-powers upon himself such that he would treat Venom Snake like the real deal, thus his comment that there was a chance he wouldn't recognize the real Big Boss when it mattered.

And there's nothing in the game to suggest that he didn't follow through on that intention.
    The game is honestly a bit confused at times about that. They set up Ocelot hypnotizing himself into believing that Venom is actually Big Boss and Miller straight up wasn't told about it, but there are plot points along the way that don't make a lot of sense if they aren't aware of it. The whole argument about Eli revolves around Miller being overprotective of him because he wants to train him up to take revenge on Big Boss for abandoning him. At the same time, it's weird for the two of them to have bothered with doing a blood test on him if they did know about the switch.
    When did that Miller vs Ocelot cassette conversation take place? Is it before the events of the game? Because yeah I think Ocelot must have been hypnotized which is why he did the DNA test. But I thought Miller was kept in the dark until later, after the end of the game, and Ocelot somehow restored his memory.

If it was all planned before Big Boss woke up then it doesn't make sense that Miller wasn't hypnotized. Also I didn't understand how Venom Snake received that tape from Big Boss just as he got his memory back.

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Welp, cleaned up OP for the last time, but I think we're nearing the end of the thread anyway :lol:

Boy this thread took off like crazy!

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    The defense for Quiet is as simple, as it is unassailable. Whoever made her, made her how he liked to, and what he wanted to make. What in the seven blazes is wrong with being a pervy man who likes scantily clad women showing lots of tits and ass? Nothing.

Could just as well have been a pervy girl liking scantily clad women showing lots of tits and ass, that made Quiet up (even though I'm fairly sure it wasn't).

Everything is assailable, but not everything needs defense. You like quiet and aren't ashamed to say it. Good for you. But you can see how others may not share or agree with your paradigm. Others may contend over the basic assumptions and experiences that make up your thought. My own justification, if you can call it that, is quite different from yours. No need to be so forceful or absolute, else why even get into argument? What if your objective here? If it is to say that you are not ashamed, no need for the fluff. Your reasoning is subjective, so keep it subjective. No use in projecting it on others.

Right, and the issue for those of us that don't have as much of an issue with Quiet is being told that we are "in favor" of sexism for it not being a big deal for us personally. Especially when explicitly stated other people are justified in not liking the design.

It's a cheesecake character in a series which also has very strong, non-sexualized female characters like Meryl, Strangelove, Cicel, Amanda and The Boss.

And yes, most of those character have had goofy swimsuit antics too. So has Big Boss, Raiden, Snake for that matter. It's a part of the series, it's a thing. Dislike it as much as you want, but at least Kojima is consistent that he likes his cheesecake.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Man was I the only one who got wrecked over and over again in Mission 29?
    I had to quit the mission multiple times. First time because I didn't know what was going to happen and brought all my tranq weapons. Then I restarted with a shotgun and a heavy machinegun and the battle dress and it wasn't enough. Then I started again with a rocket launcher and it wasn't enough.

Then I remembered that D-Walker existed and called him and used him for the first time in the game and its minigun chewed up the skulls like they were paper

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    The defense for Quiet is as simple, as it is unassailable. Whoever made her, made her how he liked to, and what he wanted to make. What in the seven blazes is wrong with being a pervy man who likes scantily clad women showing lots of tits and ass? Nothing.

Could just as well have been a pervy girl liking scantily clad women showing lots of tits and ass, that made Quiet up (even though I'm fairly sure it wasn't).

Everything is assailable, but not everything needs defense. You like quiet and aren't ashamed to say it. Good for you. But you can see how others may not share or agree with your paradigm. Others may contend over the basic assumptions and experiences that make up your thought. My own justification, if you can call it that, is quite different from yours. No need to be so forceful or absolute, else why even get into argument? What if your objective here? If it is to say that you are not ashamed, no need for the fluff. Your reasoning is subjective, so keep it subjective. No use in projecting it on others.

Right, and the issue for those of us that don't have as much of an issue with Quiet is being told that we are "in favor" of sexism for it not being a big deal for us personally. Especially when explicitly stated other people are justified in not liking the design.

It's a cheesecake character in a series which also has very strong, non-sexualized female characters like Meryl, Strangelove, Cicel, Amanda and The Boss.

And yes, most of those character have had goofy swimsuit antics too. So has Big Boss, Raiden, Snake for that matter. It's a part of the series, it's a thing. Dislike it as much as you want, but at least Kojima is consistent that he likes his cheesecake.

No one is telling you you're in favor of sexism.

No I don't.
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    Monger wrote: »
    metaghost wrote: »
    Super big end-game spoilers
    This entire game is Ocelot coming to grips with what Big Boss is doing. He seems plain and bland because he's reconciling the idea that what Big Boss is doing to The Medic is super fucked up, while trying to desperatly maintain his loyalty to the man.

Hell, I would wager a guess that the only reason why he stuck around is half-duty, half PITY for Punished Snake.

That's why Ocelot dosen't seem to be having ANY fun.

Because he 100% is NOT.

I'm not sure that's accurate:
    According to Ocelot's conversation with the real Big Boss, Ocelot intended to use his hypno-powers upon himself such that he would treat Venom Snake like the real deal, thus his comment that there was a chance he wouldn't recognize the real Big Boss when it mattered.

And there's nothing in the game to suggest that he didn't follow through on that intention.
    The game is honestly a bit confused at times about that. They set up Ocelot hypnotizing himself into believing that Venom is actually Big Boss and Miller straight up wasn't told about it, but there are plot points along the way that don't make a lot of sense if they aren't aware of it. The whole argument about Eli revolves around Miller being overprotective of him because he wants to train him up to take revenge on Big Boss for abandoning him. At the same time, it's weird for the two of them to have bothered with doing a blood test on him if they did know about the switch.
    When did that Miller vs Ocelot cassette conversation take place? Is it before the events of the game? Because yeah I think Ocelot must have been hypnotized which is why he did the DNA test. But I thought Miller was kept in the dark until later, after the end of the game, and Ocelot somehow restored his memory.

If it was all planned before Big Boss woke up then it doesn't make sense that Miller wasn't hypnotized. Also I didn't understand how Venom Snake received that tape from Big Boss just as he got his memory back.
    It wasn't ever specified when that conversation took place. That's kind of the source of my confusion.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    ...wow I did not catch this at all, re: Third Child
    1442256113644.jpg

He gets little visual additions depending on who he's attached to.

I noticed he had Eli's little red patch thing, but I just figured that was real. Did not catch that he gets a domino mask when hanging with Skull Face, or a horn when he briefly attaches to Venom in the intro. :O

Oh brilliant
    edited September 2015

No one is telling you you're in favor of sexism.

I did say something that sounded like I was a while back, but that was sloppy wording on my part and I've since taken it back. Other than that I haven't seen this attitude espoused by anyone as a serious argument.

So anyone who was triggered by my initial words, I apologise for it again, that is my bad.

Morninglord on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    I had to quit the mission multiple times. First time because I didn't know what was going to happen and brought all my tranq weapons. Then I restarted with a shotgun and a heavy machinegun and the battle dress and it wasn't enough. Then I started again with a rocket launcher and it wasn't enough.

Then I remembered that D-Walker existed and called him and used him for the first time in the game and its minigun chewed up the skulls like they were paper

I did too.
    I had neglected D Walker so I had to request bombardments. Let met tell you...targeting those and hoping the targets didn't move was oh so bad.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    ...wow I did not catch this at all, re: Third Child
    1442256113644.jpg

He gets little visual additions depending on who he's attached to.

I noticed he had Eli's little red patch thing, but I just figured that was real. Did not catch that he gets a domino mask when hanging with Skull Face, or a horn when he briefly attaches to Venom in the intro. :O

Oh man that is awesome.
    I noticed the red patch that Eli has and thought I saw it on Mantis, but I think it was the last time or something.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    First mission in and I'm not super happy with these skull dicks.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Just ride eternal, shiny and chrome

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Wait until you start fighting their elites.

• DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    So this late game D-Walker weapon:
    The Fulton-Ballista

Sounded way better in both theory and my imagination.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    How many of each plant should I be holding onto? I have a ton of upgrades I can't currently afford and what seems like a lot of plants...

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Dammit Miller, if you're going to warn me not to try to grab someone it would be nice if you did so before I tried, not as he turns around and slashes me and triggers Reflex mode so the second half of your message gets garbled by the slow mo.

In the end, CQC throws accomplished the goal in a much rougher looking way than I originally tried.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Well after 3 days of practice I managed to pull off all objectives for Mission 9 in one sitting, no kills. Would have perfect stealthed it were it not for some fucking terrible goddamn bullshit when I was in the Wakh Singh Barracks basement and the helicopter spotted me through the hole in the fucking roof

Still, S-rank and butterfly emblem feels good

• VicVic Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

This is unfortunate, but something that sadly tends to happen when there's as much back and forth as there has been in this discussion. It's certainly something almost none of us who are arguing against the design of Quiet want to communicate! Just bear in mind that when one side has people who are genuinely comparing the design of Quiet to literal prostitution while defending it
    Quiet clearly panders to the perv in me. There's no doubt about it. I just don't see the problem in that. I am that shallow, and I don't see a problem in that.

When I feel like it, I pay for the product *Beautiful Woman* in real life. Prostitution is perfectly legal where I live, and quite often it's a beautiful experience for me. So it would be quite hypocritical of me to see anything wrong with sexual objectifiction.

Sure, in your judgement, that might be a bad thing, but really, who are you to judge me? Or the people who let themselves be objectified in that manner, or any other.
    there's going to be people on the other side who want to use some rather forceful rhetoric.

Vic on
  • BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    The whole debate comes across as the enlighted Westeners/Americans scolding the debauched Japanese for their cultural sensibilities. As if your judgment on this subject, or any other for that matter, can ever be ironclad. Your way of life isn't the one true way. Like you don't have a single doubt that there are other ways to look at the world, and handle matters such as sexuality differently. There quite certainly are better, or more aptly put, less harmful and more enjoyable ways to live than your own.

What if you live in a society in which the commodity sex is an openly traded good, and not some murky emotional thing? Would there be any harm in *Sexual Objectification* then? Especially when it comes to sexuality, usually most harm is done by circumstance, society inflicting harm, by insisting that harm has been done. Impressing societal fabrication upon a personal circumstance. Like those Christian gay conversion camps and whatnot.

Imagine the fabrication of the world to be different than the one you live in. Let's take some fantasy fiction lore from A Song of Ice and Fire about the Summer Isles as an example...
    THE SUMMER ISLES
    Far to the south of the Seven Kingdoms are the Summer Islands. A
    place of fair ebon-skinned people who value beauty, love, and skill, the
    Summer Islands rarely go to war, as they are too far from other nations
    to make them an attractive target, nor do they yearn to conquer others.
    Ruled by princes and queens of summer, the people of these lands
    believe summer itself flows through their veins, and even in deep winter
    their lands are warm and pleasant.

Trade to the Summer Isles is light, and as a result, their goods are
    expensive. Tall swan-ships sometimes travel to King’s Landing or Dorne,
    bringing blond woods, sweet wines, and skilled dancers in feathered costumes.
    Indeed, feathers are common for the dress of the Summer Islanders,
    and they have birds of many bright colors that are valued as pets and
    gifts. People of the Islands tend to be open about themselves and their desires.
    Indeed, they believe desire is given to them by the gods, so they may
    worship the gods with their acts. Young nobles often spend a few years in
    well-respected brothels to honor the gods after they come of age.

For a Summer Islander, is sexual objectification a harmful thing? A problem? No. It's not. Much of the world you live in, much of your reality, it's but fabrication made fact by your peers. I think there's so much more harm in your repressed world view, than there is good. I am vehemently against the repression of sexuality, even of its objectification and trade thereof. For it's been a commodity since forever, and will be a commodity forever. I'd rather made real a Summer Islander's view of desire and sexuality, than quietly accepting your view of the world, that turns something innocuous like Quiet *the piece of entertainment art* into a bad thing.

P.S. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_among_animals

BranniganSepp on
  • ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    You don't get that there'd be much less discussion, or most definitely very *different* discussion, if this sort of sexual objectification wasn't overwhelmingly done by men and the ones made into objects were overwhelmingly women, do you?

Thirith on
    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
    I don't believe abstracting this debate further by broadening it to include all commoditisation of sex and including fantasy societies is going to help your cause, Brannigan. Then again, I don't think anything could, at this point.

I mean holy shit, did you just link the wiki page about prostitution among animals? Are you aware of the symbolism of doing that on this subject that heavily deals with the dehumanising of women?

This is almost parody at this point!

• BranniganSeppBranniganSepp Swiss Burrito Enthusiast PSN: ExMaloBonumRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Thirith wrote: »
    You don't get that there'd be much less discussion, or most definitely very *different* discussion, if this sort of sexual objectification wasn't overwhelmingly done by men and the ones made into objects were overwhelmingly the women, do you?

I get that that's the perspective you come from. I come from the perspective of being a man, and I am what I am, and I won't change, and you can't change me.

I don't think that the empowerment of women comes from men not objectifying them. It comes from within. Women changing their role, living by a new paradigm, that they set themselves. America just got their first female Army Rangers for example. That's empowerment, and it has to do with acceptance. The Army accepted that women want to become Rangers, and it allowed them to do so. And guess what, two women actually did it.

If a man does draw a half naked lady for a videogame, and her in-game representation and the simulated male gaze gets shoved down your craw or not, that has nothing to do with empowerment, nor does it harm anyone. Your focusing on such minor matters is pure deflection. You raise your girls how you raise 'em, and that's what's most formative. If you raise your daughter to be a mountain climber, adventurer, outdoorsman, builder, mechanic, engineer, whatever, that's who she will likely be. If you raise her to be a Orange County Housewife, that's what you get. So for gods sake, don't be a flipping girl about it, and raise your daughters how you want to raise them, and don't put the onus on Japanese videogames!

Also, don't put it on me. I ain't got no daughter, but I'd love if all your daughters would grow up to be easy, regardless of how accomplished they are otherwise. So yeah. That's my view.

BranniganSepp on
    You don't get that there'd be much less discussion, or most definitely very *different* discussion, if this sort of sexual objectification wasn't overwhelmingly done by men and the ones made into objects were overwhelmingly the women, do you?

I get that that's the perspective you come from. I come from the perspective of being a man, and I am what I am, and I won't change. I don't think that the empowerment of women comes from men not objectifying them. It comes from within. America just got their first female Army Rangers for example. That's empowerment, and it has to do with acceptance. The Army accepted that women want to become Rangers, and it allowed them to do so.

If a man does draw a half naked lady for a videogame, and her in-game representation and the simulated male gaze gets showed down your craw or not, that has nothing to do with empowerment, nor does it harm anyone. Your focusing on such minor matters is pure deflection. You raise your girls how you raise 'em, and that's what's most formative. If you raise your daughter to be a mountain climber, adventurer, outdoorsman, builder, mechanic, engineer, whatever, that's who she will likely be. If you raise her to be a Orange County Housewife, that's what you get. So for gods sake, don't be a flipping girl about it, and raise your daughters how you want to raise them, and don't put the onus on Japanese videogames!

Also, don't put it on me. I ain't got no daughter, but I'd love if all your daughters would grow up to be easy, regardless of how accomplished they are otherwise. So yeah. That's my view.
    Holy shit.

Queue your next post saying this was "just in jest".

edited September 2015
    Vic wrote: »

I get that that's the perspective you come from. I come from the perspective of being a man, and I am what I am, and I won't change. I don't think that the empowerment of women comes from men not objectifying them. It comes from within. America just got their first female Army Rangers for example. That's empowerment, and it has to do with acceptance. The Army accepted that women want to become Rangers, and it allowed them to do so.

If a man does draw a half naked lady for a videogame, and her in-game representation and the simulated male gaze gets showed down your craw or not, that has nothing to do with empowerment, nor does it harm anyone. Your focusing on such minor matters is pure deflection. You raise your girls how you raise 'em, and that's what's most formative. If you raise your daughter to be a mountain climber, adventurer, outdoorsman, builder, mechanic, engineer, whatever, that's who she will likely be. If you raise her to be a Orange County Housewife, that's what you get. So for gods sake, don't be a flipping girl about it, and raise your daughters how you want to raise them, and don't put the onus on Japanese videogames!

Holy shit.

That passage was phrased in order to both amuse and anger. A friendly jab, if you will. I hope you can take it in strides.

BranniganSepp on

Holy shit.

That passage was phrased in order to both amuse and anger. A friendly jab, if you will. I hope you can take it in strides.

The smugness in this post is more angering than amusing, but I guess you succeeded. I'd take your misogynistic jabs better if you hadn't so thoroughly convinced me you are a literal misogynist. I think I should responding in any case though, or I think I might get dangerously close to breaking the glorious edict. If you get any satisfaction out of that you are welcome to it.

I don't believe abstracting this debate further by broadening it to include all commoditisation of sex and including fantasy societies is going to help your cause, Brannigan. Then again, I don't think anything could, at this point.

I mean holy shit, did you just link the wiki page about prostitution among animals? Are you aware of the symbolism of doing that on this subject that heavily deals with the dehumanising of women?

This is almost parody at this point!

For somebody who says, I'm paraphrasing here, that the current reality of women sucks, you are awfully bound by it.

Personally, I try to think myself out of the box that is reality, just because it's the more devine thing to do. You should try it, it's amazing.

• RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »
    I wish Ocelot was an available mission buddy. :(

Where's my Naked Snake and Ocelot Hi-jinks Metal Gear game.

D083uBC.jpg
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »

This is exactly what I had to do. Fuck that mission.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I did not realize people actually used "but I'm a MAN'S MAN"seriously.

edited September 2015
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I did not realize people actually used "but I'm a MAN'S MAN"seriously.

Well, it's the appropriate counter statement to your *I can't enjoy Quiet, because I find the design disgusting, because I'm an enlightend Westener* kinda reason for disliking her design. I like the design of Quiet, because I like tits and ass, and you won't shame me into pretending otherwise. It's pervy and sleazy design, and I'm okay with that.

Saying such a thing is not unlike the *Supreme Being* attitude you get from all the people who think it's not okay for anyone to be a sleazy perv in some dimension of ones personality. Also - I'd say many of the oh-so disgusted men and women are so disgusted, just because they're sleazy pervs at heart, and going along with the enraged feminist crowd gets them closer to their end goal. Getting with them. That's the agenda. Am I right? Or am I right?

It's called conditioning, and it changes nothing except appearances.

BranniganSepp on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    You're something, alright.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Personally, I try to think myself out of the box that is reality, just because it's the more devine thing to do. You should try it, it's amazing.

wat

This discussion has been closed.