As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Why do some of my posts/replies disappear?

.Hack//Sign.Hack//Sign Registered User regular
I've been looking around at a few threads I have been posting in every so often and I keep finding that my replies are being removed... Some are quoted by people so they were there once, obviously, but... the OP is just gone. What the hell?

0.jpg
Kaseius wrote:
WHAT/! SHE WASNT NAEMD METROD!!![etuoq\]
.Hack//Sign on

• ShintoShinto __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2004
    I've been looking around at a few threads I have been posting in every so often and I keep finding that my replies are being removed... Some are quoted by people so they were there once, obviously, but... the OP is just gone. What the hell?

They are out to get you . . .

DUCK!!

Shinto on
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    Shouldn't this be a PM to the mods or Alphamonkey since they are better qualified to answer this question than us forum schmucks?

Drake on
  • bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2004
    Which forum? Because if you make a fuckwit comment in my forum, I'll either delete it or jail you. Or both. You know, depending on how bad it was.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • DeaconBluesDeaconBlues __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2004
    Did you make bail or what bone daddy?

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • .Hack//Sign.Hack//Sign Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    The post in G&T about good ideas that turned into bad games I made that said that Oni, Daikatana, and Black and White were horrible is missing. There were a couple others that were answers to things.

.Hack//Sign on
    0.jpg
    Kaseius wrote:
  • bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2004
    I'm posting from the basement of a crackhouse. They'll have to get up earlier than that to catch me.

*Ask the G&T mods what's up, then. And check your post history to make sure they didn't just wind up getting split into new threads.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2004
    Here...I'll be helpful...

Dynagrip on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2004
    I love bd, he can be totally dictator and then he can be totally sexy. Boner daddy++ :winky: :winky:

Unknown User on
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2004
    I didn't touch his posts. Thats all I can tell you.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
    edited June 2004
    The only times they really go missing is after I've posted and then pressed the link to go back to the main forums and it says the MySQL database can not be accessed.

.Hack//Sign on
    0.jpg
    Kaseius wrote:
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2004
    The only times they really go missing is after I've posted and then pressed the link to go back to the main forums and it says the MySQL database can not be accessed.

Are you sure you have not hit preview, and then get the SQL error on the submit?

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2004
    Maybe a Dingo ate your posts.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • SolSol Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    It was me.

Sol on
    edited June 2004
    apotheos wrote:

Are you sure you have not hit preview, and then get the SQL error on the submit?

I never preview, and they were obviously there at one point, since people have quoted them.

.Hack//Sign on
    0.jpg
    Kaseius wrote:
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    maybe your incredibly l33t username is causing the board some confusion.

xzzy on
    edited June 2004
    xzzy wrote:
    maybe your incredibly l33t username is causing the board some confusion.

Possibly.

.Hack//Sign on
    0.jpg
    Kaseius wrote:
  • SuperflyDexSuperflyDex Registered User new member
    edited June 2004
    Check for monkeys...code monkeys...who get in the PC and just start wrecking everything with their monkeying around, and their bananas and crazy monkey antics...damn dirty apes...

SuperflyDex on
    I found out today that the revolution WILL be televised. Unfortunately, the only role I could land was the first one against the wall...
  • EskimoDaveEskimoDave Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    You better call Mel Gibson.

EskimoDave on
    edited June 2004
    You think if I put pictures of my posts on milk cartons people will find them? Or maybe I should question Scott Peterson about it.

.Hack//Sign on
    0.jpg
    Kaseius wrote:
  • Q of BanditZQ of BanditZ Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    What the? This isn't locked? And it's a weekday? :lol:

Q of BanditZ on
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    the infection is spreading, now your avatar and sig pics are showingup as red x's.

Skynet is here!

xzzy on
  • BelskieTheNinjaBelskieTheNinja Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    tycho@penny-arcade.com

Just send him an email explaining your problem.

I don't know that it will fix anything, per se, but you should go ahead and do it, anyway.

BelskieTheNinja on
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    tycho@penny-arcade.com

Just send him an email explaining your problem.

I don't know that it will fix anything, per se, but you should go ahead and do it, anyway.
    I hate you sometimes.

Short of you having the text of your message there isnt much I can do about it... I will say this sort of thing has been more and more common recently, and either mods are using the delete button more, or that damn MySQL bug is growing. It is most likely the latter, and I have a fix in place. For the curious I will be switching some of the tables over the InnoDB and I will be adding account limits on the penny arcade forums MySQL user, so if a forum thread does hang, it wont take down the main site. Likewise the main site will have limits on it so if it has a hung process Ramius or myself will be able to login and kill it as root.

Älphämönkëy on