As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX South 2016 Badges

• Bartoni33Bartoni33 Southern IllinoisRegistered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    Your best option is to watch Twitter and have it text you when @Official_Pax or @rkhoo tweets. Keep an eye on the forums, but twitter is where they usually first post the link.

Thanks for the tip. I have @Official_Pax to send me text alerts. Now I can go outside and do my vacation-mandated yard work.

Wait... what was I happy for?

• angelicstubbornessangelicstubborness Registered User regular
    demimyke wrote: »
    GeekDawg wrote: »
    ccubed34 wrote: »
    Hard to work when there are tickets to look for

I couldn't agree more

I haven't gotten anything done today... my boss might be starting to catch on.

I've blown off two meetings already

That's not good dude xD Don't lose your job

I have the day off, save for 2 1/2 hours I agreed to work because my boss needs to take her doctor to the doctor appt.

I have the day off, save for 2 1/2 hours I agreed to work because my boss needs to take her doctor to the doctor appt.

Medical Inception? :o

• demimykedemimyke PhillyRegistered User regular
    demimyke wrote: »
    GeekDawg wrote: »
    ccubed34 wrote: »
    Hard to work when there are tickets to look for

I couldn't agree more

I haven't gotten anything done today... my boss might be starting to catch on.

I've blown off two meetings already

That's not good dude xD Don't lose your job

they weren't mandatory....i'm crazy, not stupid :)

• zazend15czazend15c Springtown, Land of the Big CanoeRegistered User regular
    3 minutes to cookies?

• emarecksaykayemarecksaykay Registered User regular
    Self-employment is nice. I hope this gets over with soon, though. I have some errands to run, and I was hoping to do them before rush hour.

-mrxak, OMEGANAUT '09
    (You just say the letters)
    Bartoni33 wrote: »

*Daughter xD I suck

Bartoni33 wrote: »

*Daughter xD I suck

Ahh you meant that your doctor needs to take her boss to the daughter. All clear now! :P

• PvPCosplayPvPCosplay LouisianaRegistered User regular
    I've been checking every half hour. Was sorta assuming doing the "Midnight/Noon" thing... which would be 2am/pm where I live. One to checking every half hour again.

OK folks I'm going outside for reals now. So expect sales to start soon.

• Chuck Liddell FanChuck Liddell Fan Registered User regular
    Definitely waiting on this one, lost out at Pax Prime and decided to give South a shot if it doesn't sell out nearly as fast as prime does

Oh my goodness
    Oh my Dayum
    Oh my goodness
    They goin' Ham
    You didn't hear it from me but stub hub also sells pax tickets later when people resell theirs.
    I went to pax prime. I learned a lot from an enforcer about things xD

I don't think PAX badges have ever gone on sale any time before that wasn't during Penny Arcade business hours (Pacific time), and not any time too early or too late in the day for them. Presumably they need some time in the morning just to make sure everything's ready, and then want time to fix any issues during the day before quitting time. I would expect badges to go on sale no later than two hours from now, and I would have been shocked if they went on sale before two hours ago.

-mrxak, OMEGANAUT '09
    Perhaps 3-5pm their time ( 5-7pm Central ). Joys of timezones.

PvPCosplay wrote: »

I wouldn't expect it to be that late.

-mrxak, OMEGANAUT '09
    PvPCosplay wrote: »

I wouldn't expect it to be that late.

Never know really, seen odd times before for badge sales lol. All we can do now is patiently wait. (And actually use twitter for once...)

• xaldin87xaldin87 Gaymer SaTxRegistered User regular
    I think no one wants them to go on sale during the drive home. I will be stuck on i-35 north for a good 10 minutes so hopefully it happens then lol.

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

I have twitter ready, but this fills the time too xD

• BrushwoodMuttBrushwoodMutt Registered User regular
    Please be soon because I need to get to class sooner rather than later, but if it starts now I can use my computer instead of mobile.

• LisabeybiLisabeybi Registered User regular
    I hope it happens soon. I'd like to... you know, shower today.

• KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    According to the MASTER SPREADSHEET OF AWESOME tickets usually go on sale around 10am PT, but the latest they've ever gone on sale for any PAXen is 3pm PT. So I wouldn't worry toooooo much?

Doesn't it usually happen around 12 their time? Like for everything?

Keroan wrote: »
    According to the MASTER SPREADSHEET OF AWESOME tickets usually go on sale around 10am PT, but the latest they've ever gone on sale for any PAXen is 3pm PT. So I wouldn't worry toooooo much?

That's a 5 hour window...

• KeroanKeroan Chicago, IllinoisRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015

Yep! But at least you know that the probability is favorable for them going on sale before late business hours pacific time!

Edit: And last year the single day pass that sold out first, sold out in 90+ days. I would say everyone's probably safe :)

Keroan on
  • ccubed34ccubed34 TexasRegistered User regular

Yep! But at least you know that the probability is favorable for them going on sale before late business hours pacific time!

Edit: And last year the single day pass that sold out first, sold out in 90+ days. I would say everyone's probably safe :)

Yeah but I want that 3 day pass

But wasn't that because few knew about South, but now? I've heard rumors it'll go out quickly like East or Prime tickets...or it'll take some time...I've heard both extremes.

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015

But wasn't that because few knew about South, but now? I've heard rumors it'll go out quickly like East or Prime tickets...or it'll take some time...I've heard both extremes.

South tickets were available up until the day of the show this year (well, Sunday badges at least). Friday sold out not long before that.

In short, I expect the 3 day badges to go quick, but the singles will probably be available for some time. Saturdays will all go the fastest as is tradition.

TheAggroCraig on
  • OpSteelOpSteel neighbor of the village pindiot Fort Worth TEXASRegistered User regular
    My guess is you probably have a few days before Saturday passes sell out. I would not expect to be able to get passes up till the week of again by any means.

Last year ended up buying the days separately because it was cheaper then 3rd party bs.
    Anyways, Saturday passes sold out maybe... a week after we bought ours then friday a month. Sunday was the only one that was still there till the show.

edited September 2015
    Thanks for the tale of good tidings...I guess that means I shouldn't skip class that starts in 22 minutes and takes 20 minutes to walk to...Thanks a lot PA Staff you made PAX too enjoyable that I don't want to risk missing it!!!

Edit: The pins don't help with that. Or how nice the community is! >:(

BrushwoodMutt on
    I think everyone should calm down xD We will get badges. I seriously doubt it'll sell out as fast as east or prime just because those have bigger followings from being around so long. We at least have a few hours I'm sure.

My hope is they will have more tickets available this year, and the show will be larger overall, but I also expect that tickets will sell out at a faster rate. The real question is whether or not the increase in supply will be more or less than the increase in demand. My guess is less.

-mrxak, OMEGANAUT '09
    Well hopefully they don't go on sale while I'm in transit. Good luck to everyone!

• LisabeybiLisabeybi Registered User regular
    Yes, but look at th

Yes, but look at the HUGE price difference between single and 3 day passes. If you want a 3 day pass you'll have to get it very quickly or pay $35 more by buying them individually. I'm surprised there's such a huge difference between single and 3 day pricing. There wasn't that much difference last year.

• MrFesterMrFester Registered User new member
    I think everyone should calm down xD We will get badges. I seriously doubt it'll sell out as fast as east or prime just because those have bigger followings from being around so long. We at least have a few hours I'm sure.

Don't say that. Now we will get a 20,000 person European or Asian invasion because they have never seen or been to Texas before.

• LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Lisabeybi wrote: »
    Yes, but look at th

Yes, but look at the HUGE price difference between single and 3 day passes. If you want a 3 day pass you'll have to get it very quickly or pay $35 more by buying them individually. I'm surprised there's such a huge difference between single and 3 day pricing. There wasn't that much difference last year.
    The difference between weekend and individual badges last year was $25. This year is $30. It's only a $5 increase from 2015.

Lazorz on
    I really enjoyed my own first venture to Texas at last year's PAX South. Excellent food, nice city, southern hospitality, and a cowboy hat counting game to play with friends, I wouldn't be surprised if PAX South ended up very popular over the coming years.

-mrxak, OMEGANAUT '09
  • demimykedemimyke PhillyRegistered User regular
    The white text on black background "soon" gets more and more ominous by the minute.

• IrsoolIrsool Registered User regular
    3 pm is coming up! Good luck everyone!

uV3Kd9v.png