As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] Look at me, I'm flying ! Woooo ! (after the servers come up)

• OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Yes, I know that, but with the way they are designing raids now, with LFR wings in mind, it would be pretty easy to just allow, say, normal difficulty an option of starting the raid from a boss further along. And I know they added the quest to skip initial bosses, but the way Siege wings were designed was much nicer.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    I recently discovered what might be the best addon ever made. Storyline. It removes the ugly wall-of-text quest boxes and replaces them with more manageable, a few sentences at a time approach, complete with 3D models of yourself and the quest giver, giving it that more personal feel. It's a serious game changer if you care about quests and the stories they provide.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Yes, I know that, but with the way they are designing raids now, with LFR wings in mind, it would be pretty easy to just allow, say, normal difficulty an option of starting the raid from a boss further along. And I know they added the quest to skip initial bosses, but the way Siege wings were designed was much nicer.

Calling Siege a winged raid is being rather generous. There were only 3 bosses that you could choose the order you killed. The others had a mandatory order. [Siegecrafter, Spoils, and I think Paragons; though Paragons may have been locked behind killing the other wings.]

Finally got our Normal Archi kill last night, and I was able to get the class trinket since our Hunter didn't show up. We rolled into Heroic and got the Iskar kill that took us WAY too long to get. Made some decent progress on Socrethar but no kill. I think we can get the kill tonight.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    If your hunter takes the class trinket over other people he's a fucking retard. It's so bad for Marksmanship.

Dhalphir on
    I was told it was ridiculously good. I haven't Huntered in nearly 5 years.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    For Marksmanship it increases damage done the further away you are from the target.

Since you don't (or shouldn't) have control over your own positioning during raid encounters (you stand where the encounter requires you to), you can't get proper value out of it

And the other hunter specs are way, way inferior to Marksmanship, so they don't bear thinking about really.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Universal sees Warcraft as a "Problem Movie"

And Pacific Rim 2 has been "Halted Indefinitely".

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    "Warcraft" the movie has been In Development for quite a while in Hollywood, which is never a good sign.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I've never felt that excited for the Warcraft movie, just had the hope it would turn out to be good.

Whelp. At least the podcasters and Wowhead's vlog have something to talk about for at least 3 more weeks.

The Warcraft movie could probably be decent, but I'm kind of expecting it to be a high budget Dungeons & Dragons.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    CG heavy movies are so expensive to make and usually more reliant on merchandising and other diversifications to recoup the price, I'm not surprised at all that a studio like Universal doesn't like them.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    I recently discovered what might be the best addon ever made. Storyline. It removes the ugly wall-of-text quest boxes and replaces them with more manageable, a few sentences at a time approach, complete with 3D models of yourself and the quest giver, giving it that more personal feel. It's a serious game changer if you care about quests and the stories they provide.

What does it do differently than the default slow quest text option that's in the game already?

• AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    "Warcraft" the movie has been In Development for quite a while in Hollywood, which is never a good sign.

It's not in development, it's in post production.

They're doing reshoots but actual filming finished like a year ago.

Opty wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »

What does it do differently than the default slow quest text option that's in the game already?

Default quest box:
    q4JoCaB.jpg

Storyline:
    50B1u1u.jpg

Also, I don't think the option to have the old "slow quest" text is in the game anymore. I looked for it just now. I remember needing a mod to bypass the slow text in the vanilla days.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah they got rid of the text crawl like five years ago.

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular

You only have to beat the sixth boss four times, then you can skip the first six bosses entirely.

After that you have your pick of any of Four different bosses you can do in any order you choose, the only boss locked behind another one is Tyrant Velhari.

I count Mannoroth and Archimonde as their own combo, and all you have to do is beat Mannoroth four times and you can skip the entire goddamn raid and go directly to him and Archimonde.

It's really very wide open.
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I was told it was ridiculously good. I haven't Huntered in nearly 5 years.

It is Mathematically the best Trinket, by far. However! Like Dalphir says, you have to stand really fucking far away for it be more valuable than any other trinket that lets you stand where ever you want.

For practical purposes, it's almost useless.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Dropped my Dwarven Workshop for a Stables because honestly a free token a week just isn't good enough anymore, plus all my followers are Epic 675. It was worthwhile in the beginning of the xpac when apexis crystals and other resources were more scarce and valuable, but now I can throw down 1500 Apexis + 1000 Garrison resources a week without blinking. Plus I rather like being able to interact with objects from the air and I haven't actually done the mount quests yet. Also replaced Gladiator Sanctum with Trading Post because the biggest reason I had the Sanctum was the Safe Fall ability in Draenor, but now I have flying + Stables so I can't be dismounted unless I do it myself. +20% rep with the Tanaan Jungle dailies and a whole new faction I can grind out on my downtime? Sure why not.

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Hell, I just buy all my coins with apexis now. 3500 apexis is like one day of dailies, and even then I usually get 1-2 apexis missions from my shipyard per week that cover the cost.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Yeah they got rid of the text crawl like five years ago.

I thought it was back in Wrath? was that really 5 years ago?

wrath was 7 years ago.

Madican wrote: »
    Dropped my Dwarven Workshop for a Stables because honestly a free token a week just isn't good enough anymore, plus all my followers are Epic 675. It was worthwhile in the beginning of the xpac when apexis crystals and other resources were more scarce and valuable, but now I can throw down 1500 Apexis + 1000 Garrison resources a week without blinking. Plus I rather like being able to interact with objects from the air and I haven't actually done the mount quests yet. Also replaced Gladiator Sanctum with Trading Post because the biggest reason I had the Sanctum was the Safe Fall ability in Draenor, but now I have flying + Stables so I can't be dismounted unless I do it myself. +20% rep with the Tanaan Jungle dailies and a whole new faction I can grind out on my downtime? Sure why not.

I could be a bit biased, but I spent the gold on the AH bot parts. The Ashran component and the one item that drops from raids/dungeons were a bit expensive, but I felt they were worth it.

I could be a bit biased, but I spent the gold on the AH bot parts. The Ashran component and the one item that drops from raids/dungeons were a bit expensive, but I felt they were worth it.

I had been collecting those parts for a very long time and never felt like shelling out the money for the Ashran parts. I had obtained one of them on my own, but about two weeks ago I realized it wouldn't be worth it for me since I was leaving the game next week. Besides, I do all my auction house transactions with a bank alt anyway. I sent all my parts to that character and sold them off.

I'm just supremely lazy; plus my Shaman is used by our guild for selling unneeded BOE epics from our raids.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    @Mugsley I wanted to double check what classes you guys might be looking for with cross-realm stuff. At the moment I've got my DK, a Warrior, a Rogue and a Mage leveled with a Druid coming up next and a Warlock after that possibly.

In unrelated news I've got like 58k on the new server now, wheee.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

I had been collecting those parts for a very long time and never felt like shelling out the money for the Ashran parts. I had obtained one of them on my own, but about two weeks ago I realized it wouldn't be worth it for me since I was leaving the game next week. Besides, I do all my auction house transactions with a bank alt anyway. I sent all my parts to that character and sold them off.

Yup, I have a toon that never leaves Ironforge to sell all my stuff.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

Word. It's very disappointing to see that, after all the work that Blizzard put into the Garrison, at this point in WARLORDS all that I really care about are the Stables and the Bunker/War Mill with its free token. I gave up on early on the Shipyard because it was so obviously intended as a resource sink. Follower missions, Salvage Yard, the Lumber Mill (remember that ?), I ignore all of them now.

Fairchild on
    Arthil wrote: »
    @Mugsley I wanted to double check what classes you guys might be looking for with cross-realm stuff. At the moment I've got my DK, a Warrior, a Rogue and a Mage leveled with a Druid coming up next and a Warlock after that possibly.

We only had 3 ranged last night, so the Mage and Druid are both enticing. We have two Mages and a Boomy, but I will put the info forward. What is the Mage's rough ilvl right now?

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The only reason I keep the Dwarven bunker/War Mill around is for that random chance to get Warforged crap
    I really gave up on the shipyard when I saw the missions never go away and it being a gold and resource sink
    I spent some gold updating the herilooms to 100 since they did not reduce the EXP to level to 100

Arthil wrote: »

We only had 3 ranged last night, so the Mage and Druid are both enticing. We have two Mages and a Boomy, but I will put the info forward. What is the Mage's rough ilvl right now?

@Mugsley To be frank, Ass. It's something like 624 and I got some bad luck with the baleful pieces I did have on hand so I don't even have much haste. My rogue has a similar issue, sadly.

I was actually interested in trying for the Warlock but that might take a little bit of time. I... cheat a little and use RAF though so it isn't so bad.

The Mage is Arcane with a Fire off-spec, still gotta figure out things a bit.

edited September 2015
    Stables is so good for flying around Tanaan and mining crap. Not having to unmount and remount all the time is great for efficiency.

So, Storyline. Was so excited about it that I started a new night elf hunter yesterday, with no bonus experience heirlooms so I don't outlevel content too fast. And hey, it's actually pretty fun to be able to properly appreciate the story instead of just losing interest over continuous walls of text.

Though it also reveals some incredibly obvious flaws with Blizzard's writing. Not story related as such, just bad prose. It's pretty obvious that professional writers and editors have been nowhere near the quest text. But it's still enjoyable in a weird bad b-movie kind of way, and I do enjoy the Warcraft lore no matter how poorly written it is.

edit: I also got two battle pets that I previously didn't have. Yay.

reVerse on
    Keep me updated! :)

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    I've seen a video of that Storyline mod in action and it seems great. I just don't have it in me right now to level an 11th alt from scratch but if/when they ever add a new non-Hero class to start from 1, that's definitely the mod I'll be using. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Halfmex wrote: »
    I've seen a video of that Storyline mod in action and it seems great. I just don't have it in me right now to level an 11th alt from scratch but if/when they ever add a new non-Hero class to start from 1, that's definitely the mod I'll be using. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Might aswell get it now so you'll be used to it by the time Legion rolls out.

@Mugsley I did want to mention that, obviously, none of these characters have their legendary ring.

I ran three more mythic dungeons this morning. First time I did that since the last dungeon event back in July, and things definitely got rough. A few people quit over the course of those dungeons when they realized it wasn't going to be a faceroll like heroics. The second boss encounter of Iron Docks can really wreck groups if they're not careful about Sanguine Sphere. People also tend to mess up on the final boss fight, not realizing that attempting to run through Skulloc's cannon barrage almost guarantees death. We lost two of our DPS to that, and it was just me (arcane mage) plus the tank and healer. The healer said "Wipe?" and I responded with "Nah, we got this." Took about 3 or 4 more barrages, but we got him down.

It's also typical that I got 2 warforged upgrades out of those mythic dungeons, with less than a week of gametime left. And my normal HFC cache gave me a heroic warforged item which ended up being a pretty good upgrade. I didn't expect that at all. My ilvl was bumped up from 701 to 704 because of all that.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I really like Storyline and I've been using it for a while. It can get wonky if there are multiple long response options that you have like 'tell me your story' and 'tell me about this quest' and 'what are you selling?' they will overlap and be hard to select.

If it could be an option in the default UI with basically animated portraits and VO I would die.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    Brainleech wrote: »
    The only reason I keep the Dwarven bunker/War Mill around is for that random chance to get Warforged crap
    I really gave up on the shipyard when I saw the missions never go away and it being a gold and resource sink
    I spent some gold updating the herilooms to 100 since they did not reduce the EXP to level to 100

The war mill upgrade chance is only for quest items. It doesn't do anything outside of questing.

This discussion has been closed.