As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] Look at me, I'm flying ! Woooo ! (after the servers come up)

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I had a relatively easy time with the mythics, but last dungeon event I was ilvl 691, and now I'm ilevel711. A 711 Brewmaster can pretty much keep herself alive indefinitely regardless of receiving heals or not, so really the other members of the group were there just to speed things up. I ended up soloing both the first and last bosses of Iron Docks.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    The only reason I keep the Dwarven bunker/War Mill around is for that random chance to get Warforged crap
    I really gave up on the shipyard when I saw the missions never go away and it being a gold and resource sink
    I spent some gold updating the herilooms to 100 since they did not reduce the EXP to level to 100

The war mill upgrade chance is only for quest items. It doesn't do anything outside of questing.

Technically it increase anything that is 'upgradable' in the sense of turning into a better color. So peeps with War Mills also have a better chance of getting purples from rare mobs/treasures in Tanaan.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    I ran three more mythic dungeons this morning. First time I did that since the last dungeon event back in July, and things definitely got rough. A few people quit over the course of those dungeons when they realized it wasn't going to be a faceroll like heroics. The second boss encounter of Iron Docks can really wreck groups if they're not careful about Sanguine Sphere. People also tend to mess up on the final boss fight, not realizing that attempting to run through Skulloc's cannon barrage almost guarantees death. We lost two of our DPS to that, and it was just me (arcane mage) plus the tank and healer. The healer said "Wipe?" and I responded with "Nah, we got this." Took about 3 or 4 more barrages, but we got him down.

It's also typical that I got 2 warforged upgrades out of those mythic dungeons, with less than a week of gametime left. And my normal HFC cache gave me a heroic warforged item which ended up being a pretty good upgrade. I didn't expect that at all. My ilvl was bumped up from 701 to 704 because of all that.

Oh God, 3 of us decided to dive into Mythic dungeon for the first time last night. Grabbed a pug mage and a tank. Took a while to find the tank, and while we're waiting the mage (drunk off his ass) suggested Iron Docks as an easier choice for our first go around. We had a few deaths early on, but the second boss really gave us trouble. That sphere was getting hit non-stop... until I let the mage die. Even then we took some trouble, and eventually when he bitched we kicked him and grabbed someone else. Things improved, though it was still pretty tough going.

Any suggestions for the other 3 to run that won't suck?

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    slag mines and skyreach are pretty easy; auchindoun isn't terrible but the third boss is kind of a pain

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    The only reason I keep the Dwarven bunker/War Mill around is for that random chance to get Warforged crap
    I really gave up on the shipyard when I saw the missions never go away and it being a gold and resource sink
    I spent some gold updating the herilooms to 100 since they did not reduce the EXP to level to 100

The war mill upgrade chance is only for quest items. It doesn't do anything outside of questing.

Technically it increase anything that is 'upgradable' in the sense of turning into a better color. So peeps with War Mills also have a better chance of getting purples from rare mobs/treasures in Tanaan.

I thought they confirmed that wasn't true.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure I broke the sanguine sphere in Iron Docks once or twice due to how arcane missiles works. I just loved the feeling of unleashing a full volley of them at her, followed by DBM saying "SANGUINE SPHERE - STOP ATTACKING" as I watch the first of my missiles hit her sphere. Ugh.
    slag mines and skyreach are pretty easy; auchindoun isn't terrible but the third boss is kind of a pain

Just to add to that: Mythic Shadowmoon Burial Grounds isn't bad, although I heavily recommend not ignoring the adds on the second to last boss. And the 2 bats and 2 spiders right after that boss can wipe the group if you don't know what you're doing; they all have some sort of poisonous attack that kicks the shit out of you. Dust off those CC buttons.

I haven't dared to try Upper Blackrock Spire or Grimrail Depot on mythic. I always dreaded UBRS on heroic mode, and I experienced a lot of wipes in Grimrail in the earlier days of WoD. I just have no desire to experience them in harder form.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    At what point do (significantly) better secondary stats outweigh item level? If I'm looking at 685 vs 691 and the 685 has my two best secondaries, while the 691's are crap, does the INT outweigh it? What about 685 vs 675? 10 ilvl seems like it'd be enough

It really depends on your spec. Some specs have way better stat weights to primaries than secondaries, while others are only slightly higher. What spec do you play?

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the answer is 'basically never.' For edge cases like ~5 ilvls and perfect stats vs terrible stats, you have to get into the scale factor weeds to really see.

NREqxl5.jpg
    edited September 2015
    we finally killed gorefiend yesterday, then learned iskar in like six attempts

balance!

ed: haha and socrethar

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    @Mugsley From 624 to 674 overnight, gotta love good Ashran groups.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

It upgrades stuff from dungeons and raids as well as the stuff in the jungle

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    no, it doesn't. quest rewards and world rares only.

Dhalphir on
  • KryhsKryhs Registered User regular
    If it improved raid drops it would be seen as a mandatory building and would get changed I imagine. I didn't realize it improved Tanaan rare drops though.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    @Arthil add me to your RealID wrizzik#1554 (I *think* that's the correct number code).

Click my sig and prove me wrong
    li1_zpsqermcsjk.jpg

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Raid and dungeon drops can be warforged, but the extra chance for it to happen that the Bunker provides only applies to quest rewards and world rare drops.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    RNG is RNG. If the Bunker actually did work on raid drops then it would indeed be a mandatory building and every would know. Your anecdote proves nothing.

Items in raids and dungeons can warforge, but the War Mill doesn't affect the chance for it to happen. War Mill is quests and world rares only.

Items in raids and dungeons can warforge, but the War Mill doesn't affect the chance for it to happen. War Mill is quests and world rares only.

I don't have the war-mill on my mage or warrior but both of them got various warforged rares as they quested

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    It increases the existing chance

steam_sig.png
    edited September 2015

I don't have the war-mill on my mage or warrior but both of them got various warforged rares as they quested

You might not have read the war mill description?
    Abilities
    Doubles the chance for your quest rewards to get a rare or epic Bonus Upgrade, and increases the potency of the upgrade. Allows the collection of armor scraps from the orc clans of Draenor for armor transmogrification use.

There's already a chance to upgrade quest items. And it isn't called "Warforged", it's just straight upgrades in quality.

Warforging is a different thing entirely and isn't related to the war mill at all.

Dhalphir on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Oh, hey, INT heirloom ring mission. Some shuffling around, okay 96% chance off you go. If you fail you better die in the process.

One more tome until legendary ring and only two bosses left to get it from. Trying for LFR Assault tomorrow.

• Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    How do I Warrior?

I keep trying Arenas and BGs and i keep getting focused down pretty hard. The only build that I didn't seem to die as in 10 seconds was Prot, but that's because I was more of an annoyance than a threat by the way people managed me. :bigfrown:

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Finally got my holy grail as a mount collector and snagged a Swift Spectral Tiger off the AH

God our Gorefiend kill is so fucking close. A 10% wipe, then a 2% wipe, then a 1% wipe, then a 7%. I just want this fucking asshole dead.

Another 1%

fuck this boooosss

and the fuckhead is dead

good god I hate this fucker.

On the upside, you only have to kill him 3 more times and you'll never have to see him again.

I eagerly await the day. The sheer agony of surviving his bullshit to only be like 5m damage short was unbelievable.

Only one pull on Socrethar, but he seems like a joke. Just our tanks need to do anything, the rest of us is just business as usual.

socrethar is pretty much a joke on all difficulties

on heroic he can trip you up slightly if you're used to having a single robot phase like on Normal, but once you do the transition it's no big deal to repeat it indefinitely until you kill him

I'm just sad that we didn't get any real attempts in on Soc/Iskar cus we spent so long Gorefiend. Hopefully he'll die faster next week and we can get some more shit on.

• MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    Anyone have a suggestion for a pve server to reroll on? I'm sick of playing on a pvp server. World pvp just doesn't interest me in wow...

Undecided on horde or alliance, I can go either way. Will probably roll a dk just for the whole starts at 55 thing. That or use my 90 boost on a monk.

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
    Take a look at Kul Tiras with a level 1 alt, since you can run straight to a city right away and check out the chat there. It's not a super fantastic server by any means, but I enjoy it. We were merged with....another server but no major problems. Chat tends to be fairly lively during main gaming hours.

I have an alt on Stormrage and that server is pretty much crowded all the time. Fun, though.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Anyone have a suggestion for a pve server to reroll on? I'm sick of playing on a pvp server. World pvp just doesn't interest me in wow...

Undecided on horde or alliance, I can go either way. Will probably roll a dk just for the whole starts at 55 thing. That or use my 90 boost on a monk.

I ended up on Horde Zul'jin based on a suggestion on here from someone that I don't think I've heard from since. I rolled a DK and he's 100 now. I'm pretty happy there. I, also, was sick of my pvp server and it's bullshit.

Dealing with work all day and coming home to do a few things in game and getting relentlessly ganked by folks who play all day finally took its toll. What little enjoyment I may have gotten from actual world pvp (which basically doesn't exist anymore anyway thanks to flight and garrisons) is just not worth it.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular

Months ago I would have suggested rolling on the Draenor realm where our sort-of PA guild is. Things have really wound down for us, though. It's looking like we're only going to have 4 people from my guild in tonight's raid, with the rest coming from OpenRaid invites and probably also PUGs. And my subscription is up tomorrow. We'll probably be back together when Legion comes out, though!

Speaking of tonight's raid, if there are any tanks/healers interested in joining us for our attempts at normal Archimonde, here's our OpenRaid event. Feel free to sign up there!

• MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular

I ended up on Horde Zul'jin based on a suggestion on here from someone that I don't think I've heard from since. I rolled a DK and he's 100 now. I'm pretty happy there. I, also, was sick of my pvp server and it's bullshit.

Dealing with work all day and coming home to do a few things in game and getting relentlessly ganked by folks who play all day finally took its toll. What little enjoyment I may have gotten from actual world pvp (which basically doesn't exist anymore anyway thanks to flight and garrisons) is just not worth it.

While I'm not opposed to Horde Zul-Jin, and it's been recommended to me before by someone else... You're the one that convinced me to roll on Emerald Dream alliance to begin with... so I'm hesitant to listen to you again...

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Zul'jin is great for Horde, I play around on that server too and the worst thing that happens is people blowing up the Tanaan rares before your screen loads.

• ZythonZython Registered User regular

While I'm not opposed to Horde Zul-Jin, and it's been recommended to me before by someone else... You're the one that convinced me to roll on Emerald Dream alliance to begin with... so I'm hesitant to listen to you again...

What's wrong with ED alliance? They practically own Vol'mar these days.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
This discussion has been closed.