As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moment of the Week for Oct. 24th 2007

DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Graphic Violence
Didn't see one yet, so I decided to throw one up.

Action Comics:
Bizzaro JLA! Bizzaro Flash was great.

I also thought the Superboy-Prime special was pretty good, but maybe that's just because I didn't know his history at all.
How exactly does he expect to make The Anti-Monitor kneel at feet

DharmaBum on

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Thunderbolts was pretty sweet, with
    Some scenes that take place inside Doc Samson's imagination, where he just pounds Norman Osbourne and Moonstone into paste.

And then in Moon Knight
    Marc Spector using the Profile to get dirt on the SHRA psych evaluator so that he can get liscensed.

DarkPrimus on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Damn scans daily for not scanning the books I need for my Moments of the Week

Action Comics
    The Bizarro JLA was great, but the real surprise was seeing Bizarro Aquaman, Robin (in a diaper!)and Green Arrow (Donuts!). And the best part? Pa Kent in Bizarro's home made Superman suit.

Flash

The backup story was momentus of this week. Really dug it.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Some scenes that take place inside Doc Samson's imagination, where he just pounds Norman Osbourne and Moonstone into paste.

And then in Moon Knight
    Marc Spector using the Profile to get dirt on the SHRA psych evaluator so that he can get liscensed.

I'm assuming that Moon Knight bit goes back to Marc visiting that dude in the bar in issue 10, right?

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Superman Prime
    Krypto. So awesome.

Firematic. on
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    And then in Moon Knight

The thing about that scene that was interesting was
    That Marc was under hypnosis, but okay, he may have just been regurgitating things from his subconcious or something. BUT! He also said some other stuff the Profile didn't mention when looking at the SHRA shrink, which makes it seem to me that that may actually have been Khonshu talking through Spector.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Firematic. wrote: »
    Superman Prime
    Krypto. So awesome.

I forgot about that!
    At first I was like. Really what the fuck is Robin gunna do to Prime? And then he whistled and Krypto came. I was wonderful!

DharmaBum on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Superman Prime and Risk's rematch.
    000hs2s3

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited October 2007
    SPOILER TAGS PLEASE

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    000hs2s3
    Is it just me or does Batman have less of a 'oh crap!' face like the others and more of a 'huh...this is gonna be cool' look?

Owenashi on
  • DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Are there any scans out there of
    Krypto in Superman-Prime?

DharmaBum on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    God damn, GLC was the best thing ever. I forgot to pick up the Superman Prime book, so I'm definitely grabbing it on Friday.

Also, Madame Mirage and X-Men. Great week for me.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2007
    Green Arrow: Year One was a great story

With a little nipping and tucking, I could see it being made into an awesome film. Too bad they want to waste Ollie on that "Super Max" film.

Garlic Bread on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    My anti-moment of the week was Walking Dead. Fuck you Kirkman, fuck you.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    What happened, Satan? You were really pumped for that book.

Wildcat on
    edited October 2007
    Well,
    Instead of showing the big showdown between the town and the prison we got a story that was basically "what's been going on with the others for the past 7 weeks". I mean, it wasn't terrible but he had really set the stage for some serious action in this issue when instead all we got was a bunch of fill-in stuff. The last couple of panels were in fact the exact same last panels from the previous issue. It wasn't terrible and it did have it's moments, I was just upset at the monumental cock-tease.

edit: Sorry if that post is incomprehensible but I'm sitting in my morning meeting trying to look like I'm paying attention.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I agree Satan. Shitty.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
    edited October 2007
    The four preview images for the upcoming arc we're very "Oh shit!" inducing though.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    DharmaBum wrote: »
    Are there any scans out there of
    Krypto in Superman-Prime?

Here it is.

Spoilers for Supes Prime:
    pic018.jpg
    pic019.jpg

Fantastic.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Don't taunt a dog with heat vision. And the apparent ability to understand English.

I hope Prime gets fucked by that dog.

Proper fucked.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    That was awesome.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited October 2007

I thought the random scenes of violence were what Norman was seeing. In fact, I'm pretty sure that is the case.

SatanIsMyMotor on
    edited October 2007
    The scene where Samson faces Moonstone in retro-style is meant to be a memory, and it's doubtful Norman was there to witness it.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Superman Prime was a great book.
    Haha, oh man, Risk. His life sucks so much that it's funny.

It's also great to see everyone a piece of Superman Prime. It was a good round 2. I also like his new personality - a really immature jerk. He is easy to hate. "Stupidest boy dead!"

Lux on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The scene where Samson faces Moonstone in retro-style is meant to be a memory, and it's doubtful Norman was there to witness it.
    I thought they were more Hulk-urges that Samson was keeping under control. Either way, it's nice to see that most of the Heroing community hates the Thunderbolts (I do like the acknowledgment that there are only 2 'good guys' on it.) I would like to know how the Black Widow feels about training kid soldiers.

Fencingsax on
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Owenashi wrote: »
    000hs2s3
    Is it just me or does Batman have less of a 'oh crap!' face like the others and more of a 'huh...this is gonna be cool' look?

Heh. I didn't notice that but - yeah! You're right!

Desktop Hippie on
    edited October 2007
    Owenashi wrote: »
    000hs2s3

Heh. I didn't notice that but - yeah! You're right!
    At least Risk is more balanced now. Poor guy couldn't stop swimming in a circle.

Bad Karma on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Gotta say, Superman Prime was definitely the best book this week. Although I also thought Titans was great (although I'm probably in the minority)

For moment of the week thought?

Superman Prime
    They're probably tired of your whining... I know I am

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Suicide SlydeSuicide Slyde Haunts your dreams of mountains sunk below the seaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Because it hasn't been mentioned yet:
    Ultimate Spider-Man
    Hungry hungry hippos!
    Maybe someone could post a scan?

Suicide Slyde on
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Ultimate Spider-man was beautiful this week. The dialogue with Pete and Danvers was top-notch.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Daredevil
    The Hood showing up at the end was pretty cool. Caught me completely off guard as I thought he was hands-off with Bendis using him.

Green Lantern books
    Risk getting the other arm ripped off, aircraft carrier on Arkillo and the Krypto thing are the highlights from those books.

Gotham Underground
    Gordan dissing Robin to his face making fun of his sneaking skills and his exit was pretty funny.

Thunderbolts
    Glowing Love God, Diaper costume and SAMPSON SMASH are probably the best things all week.

What If? Planet Hulk
    Caiera tearing through the entire Marvel U was fun and pretty much did everything WWH managed to drag out over 4 issues and dozens of tie-ins in like 10 pages and did it better on top of that.

The second story with Hulk on the paradise planet was pretty good too. Loved the head games Banner and Hulk played with each other and when Hulk strands Banner on some little island in the middle of hte ocean, Banner's face is priceless as he realizes how bad Hulk fucked him over.

KVW on
    edited October 2007
    Hulk What if
    Hulk and Banner constantly trying to fuck each other over had me in stitches.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
  • Shazbot!Shazbot! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Sentry wrote: »
    Gotta say, Superman Prime was definitely the best book this week. Although I also thought Titans was great (although I'm probably in the minority)

Superman Prime

I loved the Superman Prime book, but I can't believe no one has mentioned
    the other story after it, that involved a monster that killed Green Lanterns and ate their babies. That was awesome in the totally-fucked-up kind of way.

Shazbot! on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2007
    Shazbot! wrote: »

Superman Prime

the other story after it, that involved a monster that killed Green Lanterns and ate their babies. That was awesome in the totally-fucked-up kind of way.
    He didn't eat their babies. He stored them inside of him. They're still alive.

Garlic Bread on
  • Shazbot!Shazbot! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Keith wrote: »

Superman Prime

And isn't that even more patently ridiculous?

Shazbot! on
    edited October 2007
    Keith wrote: »

Superman Prime

And isn't that even more patently ridiculous?

Ridiculous? No. Disturbing? Yeah pretty much.

Bad Karma on
    edited October 2007
    No, that creature made of babies (Countdown, right?) pretty much outshines every other example of baby-centric horror in comic books today.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • lsukalellsukalel Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    My moment of the week is when in Daredevil 101
    The middle boss talks about how you dont want to push Matt Murdock too far. And also I really liked the issue as a whole for the way emotion is conveyed, seriously it was so sad to see Mila like that and as a result Daredevil's frustration seemed more palpable.

lsukalel on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    bobgorila wrote: »
    Ultimate Spider-man was beautiful this week. The dialogue with Pete and Danvers was top-notch.
    I'm sorry, I can't hear you with my fist in your face.

deadonthestreet on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    moment of the week is guys expression on GLC cover.

He just looks sop happy to be allowed to kill now.

Bloods End on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    000hs2s3

IMO it was better done when Hulk ripped Tigra in half in The Last Avengers' Story. It was just a real, ' Oh fuck, no,' moment when Hulk said, 'Hey Wonderman, make a wish.'

Gabriel_Pitt on