As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX AUS 2015 Challenge Coin! ALL GONE! :(

• PDP11PDP11 Registered User regular
    I thought "PAX AUS" was kind of redundant there since it was already on that coin face, with the only other idea being "MELBOURNE", but once again, redundant.

I'd still go with MELBOURNE as a future PAX Aus could be in another city.

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    PDP11 wrote: »
    misskass wrote: »
    I think most of the younger PAX-going crowd (not that this is for them) won't know Jeff's Shed, I didn't until my dad explained it to me a few years ago. It's not a common nickname any more as far as I know.

I'd still go with Jeff's Shed as a destination sign even if it is a bit obscure. Google throws up the Wikipedia entry for the Melbourne Convention Centre with an explanation.

Yeah, it being a bit obscure is also half the fun!
    I thought "PAX AUS" was kind of redundant there since it was already on that coin face, with the only other idea being "MELBOURNE", but once again, redundant.

Wait which one do you prefer? I wasn't talking about the text around the outside, if that's what you meant.

Ok I talked to akidd and we pretty much just have to lock down the phrase we want and we can get started.

I'll tally up what votes we have tonight so if anyone has any last minute suggestions now's the time to post them.

• SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I like the design, and the name - I'd happily grab a few of these. :)

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    putting anyone's avatar on the thing seems really really out of place

• fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    As I said, it wasn't used for any reason other than I had the graphic (my version of it in high res) and I thought the design needed another element.

It wasn't supposed to be "Hey this year I put Ayefkay on it! Next year someone elses!"

But if other's think it should go than please say so. At the moment I think we have 3 against it, and I'm counting everyone that hasn't brought it up as a "meh" towards it, fyi.

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I mean, arguably I 'MAKE' PAX, so.... :P

But seriously, yeah it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, unless we do a yearly thing of a different member per year, which could actually be kinda cool. And it could be a PAXAUS specific thing too, as far as I know the others don't do that.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
    edited September 2015
    Yeah I doubt that would go down too well. We wanna keep it slightly in line with the US ones. Not a vanity project for members every year. :P

fishfishmonkeyhat on
    Ok then it's settled. Me every year.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm a no for the avatar. I don't think it needed another element, a tram going to MCEC works. Look at the previous year ones for Prime and East, just simple city scenes do the trick. Maybe as part of this years PAX hold a photo comp to portray on next years coin? Because some of those scenes down on the Promenade by Polly Woodside would look amazing on a coin. Or a composite of the promenade with the giant flame towers by Crown by day to get the scenery and flames going at night.

As for the motto I'm fine with either. I'm not chained to my suggestions, I just ask if we go with Nullus Anxietas that we make sure it's spelt correctly before it gets printed.
    They're yet to move any PAX to another city. Despite having grossly outgrown the cities venue in some cases. PAX Aus is in Melbourne. Just ask Khoo.

CuZZa wrote: »
    Maybe as part of this years PAX hold a photo comp to portray on next years coin? Because some of those scenes down on the Promenade by Polly Woodside would look amazing on a coin. Or a composite of the promenade with the giant flame towers by Crown by day to get the scenery and flames going at night.

That's actually a great idea. Should probably be run by someone better organised than me, but I'll see what I can do. Maybe a thread just before pax.
    CuZZa wrote: »
    They're yet to move any PAX to another city. Despite having grossly outgrown the cities venue in some cases. PAX Aus is in Melbourne. Just ask Khoo.

Yeah, I'm not worried about any design elements on this years coin being informed by any potential (as small as that would be) move to another state.

• scotthancock1989scotthancock1989 Scott AustraliaRegistered User new member
    I'm keen to buy one :)

• SKOoOTASKOoOTA Ascot Vale, Australia.Registered User regular
  • Squire_PugSquire_Pug Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    NOLI ESSE DRONGO

Lets stay with the tradition people, this is a challenge coin, its all about tradition.

• FernurionFernurion Registered User regular
    Indeed. I quite like the design myself, sans random avatar of course. Simple and clean designs work best for this sort of thing. I'd happily grab a couple of these.

edited September 2015
    Ok, the results are in:

NULLUS ANXIETAS: 6
    NOLI ESSE DRONGO: 3
    AMICUS NON SUBPONAM - No worries mate. (actually No worries friend): 1
    TERRA PRETIOSA LUDOS - Land of expensive games: 1

NULLUS ANXIETAS it is. And I just now realised this was a Disc World reference. I'll try to set up a proper voting form next year if we want to change it to another one (no complaining about tradition next year either, we're already breaking it :P).

As for design changes:
    • Driver being removed from tram (sorry ak)
    • Route number changed to one that stops at MCEC
    • Metlink logo being removed (sorry ML)
    • "1992" beside game name is being removed
    • Elements on game side being enlarged slightly

fishfishmonkeyhat on
    Good work mate, looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labour come PAX time! Let us know when you're sorted a way to order and pay, had a few Enforcers ask about getting them too.

Ok, finished designs. Please double-check the spelling!

FRONT:

OvDt0DR.png

BACK:

V9PmSZe.png

Sending these off to @akidderz now, but if you spot some error/issue that needs adjusting we have a little time, so let me know.

Man, I really wish Palmer Lucky was Australian so we could use this image for next years coin.

:P

• Cookienommer51Cookienommer51 Registered User regular
    Count me in for one of these

Considering doing a bulk ship to me and then sending them out to locals myself.

More info soon.

More info soon.

Couldn't you find somewhere to distribute them at pax itself

I'm in for that fish if you do it

8fuuo_RK.png

More info soon.

Couldn't you find somewhere to distribute them at pax itself

If I can find a trustworthy local that's also a possibility!

But where!? :P

What do u mean where?

Where to find trustworthy locals?
    Or
    Where to distribute them?

Where do I find single ladies in my local area?!

No i was joking I'll find someone.

You're not coming to PAX? The way Skelevader has done it in the past is distribute between several points so you don't need to find a single person inside a gigantic crowd. Volunteers would be available at several locations and times to suit people. I'm happy to be a distributor, I'm an Enforcer but I can stop for times to help distribute. We got your back man.

Oh I'm coming, just don't want to weigh down my luggage too much since I have to fly there. That might not even be an issue.

With the current numbers in this thread I think I could distribute most of them fine, but we shall see.

• foehammerfoehammer procrastinator extraordinaire melbourneRegistered User regular
    you can use me as a melb mail box / distributor

• vonhistvonhist Mr Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Route 15 is the old route number to st kilda beach and fits with tram.

edited September 2015
    Did it stop at the MCEC?

So here's a rough look at the production artwork (click for big):

jOYjGINl.jpg

I like the flattened look of the logo on the front.

We're just sorting out some details/shipping now.

fishfishmonkeyhat on
    No the 15 didnt. Maybe the number 1.

96 goes past there now so is good.

Current status:

Coins in production, just working on the order form now.

If everything works out, we'll have options for local shipping before pax and pickup on site.

• FernurionFernurion Registered User regular
    That's awesome Fish, you're an outright legend!

Awesome. Happy to help distribute during PAX if you want.

Want one. Closer to date. List locales and times/days were we can get it.

If you need help distributing, I will be part of cookie brigade this year and can easily add coins to my basket.

We'll see how the orders go. Still waiting to hear back about some shipping costs, then I can get the form finished.

Check out these HOT MOLDS!

g2g4VG1.jpg

O2rCLzA.jpg

SOON..

95si7cY.jpg

Shut up and take my money!