As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

THE STEAM SALE CANNOT BE STOPPED. UPDATE: IT STOPPED.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I am really enjoying Sunless Sea. I want more things in the Fallen London setting.

I want the Pillars of Eternity team to make an rpg in it.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    I understand why they didn't call that game Total Warhammer but come on.

Come on.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Games Workshop does not fuck around with branding

2x39jD4.jpg
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    It's really strange how excited I am for Total Warhammer considering my total apathy for Warhammer fantasy and my distaste for CA's DLC-centric game design of late

But gosh darn if that doesn't look cool as all fuck

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I am really enjoying Sunless Sea. I want more things in the Fallen London setting.

Or an adventure game.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    It's really strange how excited I am for Total Warhammer considering my total apathy for Warhammer fantasy and my distaste for CA's DLC-centric game design of late

They will milk this for two years

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    no, I did not remember stukov in heart of the swarm at all. all I remember are the primal zerg and how that didn't make any fucking sense and then you go ice mensk who isn't really penultimate villain material

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Glad I spent all of that time saving Kerrigan in Wings of Liberty so they could immediately rezerg her.

Glad I spent all of that time playing Wings of Liberty so they could kill the best character for no good reason.

Glad I spent all of that time playing those missions with Nova so I could feel the pain of Starcraft: Ghost all over again.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Or an adventure game.

Yeah, think what Telltale could do with that world. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    but you can tell it's from hots because they use power as a proper noun

liEt3nH.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    You guys have played the original game that Sunless Sea is based on, right?

it doesn't even make sense because stukov was dead and infesting someone to the same level as kerrigan isn't something that just 'happens'

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    it doesn't even make sense because stukov was dead and infesting someone to the same level as kerrigan isn't something that just 'happens'

just let the metzen wash over you, shhhhh, only bad writing now

BahamutZERO.gif
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015

True

But they have put out a new game or a significant expansion for an existing game nearly every single year since 2009

It's only been the last three or so that have had real bullshit as DLC

On a certain level I appreciate that they put out more content for a game and don't just abandon it to work on the next project immediately, especially with games that are so ambitious in scope and scale, but god damn man

Fuckin' Attila has like thirty dollars worth of DLC right now, what the fuck is that about

And from that free weekend of CoH2 I'm ninety nine percent sure that's all coming down from Sega as the publisher, because hoo boy was CoH2 a mess of microtransactions

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    It wouldn't be as big of a problem if the power creep wasn't that extreme

There were units in Attila which had to be banned from competitive multiplayer because they were too OP and I heard the latest DLC has different units which completely stomp them

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

Stukov-as-Infested Terran has pretty much always been true, in one form or another

I mean

Stukov's been around as an infested dude since Brood War. All that Heart of the Swarm really does is either retcon the particular events or adds a bit to the end saying "after being un-infested by a serum, Stukov is captured again and subjected to more experiments".

Tamin on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    You guys have played the original game that Sunless Sea is based on, right?

It's a F2P browser game so it's not like it's a game that's "beatable"

I have been playing it, yeah.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I just found out that TGS is this weekend.

Man, there is like ZERO hype for this event nowadays...

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I just found out that TGS is this weekend.

Man, there is like ZERO hype for this event nowadays...

already been some news out of it

there's a new persona 5 trailer

also persona 5 got delayed to 2016

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    TGS stuff has been going on all week

Sony's press conference was...Tuesday?

6F32U1X.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    "Delayed"

More like the marketing team was talking out their ass when they said it was going to come out this year.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, there's been news for Kingdom Hearts as well.

sig.gif
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

True

But they have put out a new game or a significant expansion for an existing game nearly every single year since 2009
    Total Warhammer will be the only way to play "massive unit warhammer" now that they've killed off the WHFB figure game and replaced it with skirmish fantasy-40k.

Panda4You on
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Oh whoa

I didn't realize training roulette could switch across classes, I thought it would just be flipping a coin in that class

Interesting

I'm far too into customizing my dudes, and I'm trying to model them all after real people in my life

So I may never do that

I'm considering trying to find a mod to expand the number of physical customization options I have, because I am spending like ten minutes plus on each likeness every time I get a soldier promoted to squaddie

I have a chart to pull names from that I'm constantly updating

After my first few tries on classic I stopped customizing anyone below sergeant. Especially in the first few months it was just not worth it.
    Panda4You wrote: »

True

Total Warhammer will be the only way to play "massive unit warhammer" now that they've killed off the WHFB figure game and replaced it with skirmish fantasy-40k.

Also the only place that uses Fantasy's 25 years of background (which was arguably the best part of the game) now that they've tossed out that part of the game, too.

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    I GOT THE KITTY IN DIABLO

I WON THE GAME

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Operation Secret Justice
    The aliens have stepped up their invasion by targeting civilian centers for terror attacks!

Fortunately enough time has passed that our first-stringers (@Metalbourne, @msuitepyon, @Der Waffle Mous, and @Platypus Beirut) are all recovered and out of the infirmary.

2015-09-13_00052_zps7zmzpucb.jpg

And they really showed off why they're the first-string team, too.

First encounter was with a couple of roaming Floaters.

2015-09-17_00002_zps1ctwmbov.jpg

We gave them a bit of a run around, but when one tried to jump in and flank in behind us all he found was Mous waiting for an easy tap-de-grace.

2015-09-17_00005_zps2naclzih.jpg

It was then that these overgrown lobster-spiders tried to crash the party.

2015-09-17_00006_zpsvedbmkwo.jpg

They moved fast and looked scary, and were bearing down on MB at a rate of knots, but failed to observe appropriate combat formation spacing.

msuitepyon was having none of it.

2015-09-17_00007_zps1qwys3sz.jpg

A couple more Floaters came out to play, and Metal held them off, keeping them dancing from one cover to another.

2015-09-17_00009_zpsovoxvgf0.jpg

AKA keeping them pinned right in Platy's killzone.

2015-09-17_00012_zps7yvjkgip.jpg

High ground, perfect range, limited target movement... pinpoint precision.

2015-09-17_00016_zpslyfp2y0x.jpg

And that was it. The day was saved, the professionals made it simple and straight forward, the XCOM force builds continuing momentum.

2015-09-17_00017_zpspqrwypmm.jpg

Panic in South America is reduced, which is great because Argentina and Brazil are the first and third highest funding nations.

I even have enough money to decide if I want stompy MEC suits or genespliced mutant supersoldiers. Decisions, decisions.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    edited September 2015
    Fishman wrote: »
    Operation Secret Justice
    The aliens have stepped up their invasion by targeting civilian centers for terror attacks!

Fortunately enough time has passed that our first-stringers (@Metalbourne, @msuitepyon, @Der Waffle Mous, and @Platypus Beirut) are all recovered and out of the infirmary.

2015-09-13_00052_zps7zmzpucb.jpg

And they really showed off why they're the first-string team, too.

First encounter was with a couple of roaming Floaters.

2015-09-17_00002_zps1ctwmbov.jpg

We gave them a bit of a run around, but when one tried to jump in and flank in behind us all he found was Mous waiting for an easy tap-de-grace.

2015-09-17_00005_zps2naclzih.jpg

It was then that these overgrown lobster-spiders tried to crash the party.

2015-09-17_00006_zpsvedbmkwo.jpg

They moved fast and looked scary, and were bearing down on MB at a rate of knots, but failed to observe appropriate combat formation spacing.

msuitepyon was having none of it.

2015-09-17_00007_zps1qwys3sz.jpg

A couple more Floaters came out to play, and Metal held them off, keeping them dancing from one cover to another.

2015-09-17_00009_zpsovoxvgf0.jpg

AKA keeping them pinned right in Platy's killzone.

2015-09-17_00012_zps7yvjkgip.jpg

High ground, perfect range, limited target movement... pinpoint precision.

2015-09-17_00016_zpslyfp2y0x.jpg

And that was it. The day was saved, the professionals made it simple and straight forward, the XCOM force builds continuing momentum.

2015-09-17_00017_zpspqrwypmm.jpg

Panic in South America is reduced, which is great because Argentina and Brazil are the first and third highest funding nations.

I even have enough money to decide if I want stompy MEC suits or genespliced mutant supersoldiers. Decisions, decisions.

I found MECs more useful in general, gene-warriors I used so far for some specialized niches like dealing with alien-sympathizing traitors. MECs also look much cooler which is even more important. Also socking enemies in the face is great and I was appropriatly happy when my MEC got her nickname "Socks".

honovere on
    gene soldiers look so dumb. dumb enough that I don't want to use them under any circumstance

gene soldiers look so dumb. dumb enough that I don't want to use them under any circumstance

look we're mutants okay

we don't have any time for sleeves

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    So Fishman, do you actually not know what the "lobster spiders" are or was that just a nickname?

honestly though it annoyed me so much that I pretty much immediately modded the game, rather than use the default gene soldier models

They do, but 1 or 2 armour variants with some armour on shoulders and elbows look okayish and the heart upgrade kept my favourite sniper alive once so it gets a pass on the looks.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    So Fishman, do you actually not know what the "lobster spiders" are or was that just a nickname?

I think he's just being in-character where this is xcom's first encounter with this species of alien

BahamutZERO.gif
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Gene soldiers are the best

MECs are boring

Sleeves can suck a d

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Gene soldiers are the best

MECs are boring

Sleeves can suck a d

These words don't make sense together.

I don't like robots

And whenever I fielded a MEC in X-Com it got shot to pieces and was more trouble than it was worth

Like, I liked being able to punch dudes through walls, but needing two support dudes on staff just to keep everyone healthy sucked

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    MECs are unlimited cover destroying machines. They're great.

This discussion has been closed.