As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Where are you PAX Southers From? South 2016 Forumer Attendees Map

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
PAX SOUTH COMETH!

As @Moe Fwacky and I have done in the past, I have set up a map for us to put our points on and discuss where we are from.

Map! http://fortress.maptive.com/ver4/paxsouth2016

For checking in your area: If people are in the same place very close to one another they sometimes get put on top of one another. Click on your own placemark and see if there is a "1 of X" with an arrow in the bottom right corner of the popup. This means there is more than one placemark on top of each other in that spot. Click the arrow to cycle through them to find people REALLY close to you!

To get a placemark added to the map
0) Check the map to make sure you aren't already on there! Many people submit early and then forget about it.. then they submit again closer to the show ;)

1) GO HERE: http://www.latlong.net/ and get the decimal latitude and longitude of where you want your marker to go. You do this by dragging the map around and clicking to move the marker. You don't need to make this your actual residence or anything that close to where you live, this is just to get a general idea of who is near who. I personally put in the center of the suburb in which I live.
Note: There are other places to get your lat/long, this one is just super easy and straightforward.

2) Copy the decimal Lat/Long somewhere, or write it down. Make sure you include any minus signs that may be present... this matters A LOT.

3) please submit this handy dandy google form. I'll be compiling the submissions about once per week... ish... into the map itself.

• FlyingTurtleFlyingTurtle Registered User regular
    I know PAX South is new and was kind of small last year. But just curious as to how far are people coming from to attend it again. I'll be there again, of course, but it's a no brainer since I live in San Antonio. ;X

• funpugfunpug Registered User new member
    I'll be coming from North Carolina. This will be my first time ever attending any event like this and I'm pretty excited. I'll also be staying at the Grand Hyatt so I can be in the heart of everything. Looking forward to it and meeting some new peeps!

• provideprovide Michigan, USRegistered User regular
    I will be coming from Michigan! I can't wait to see the friends I made last year~~

"Equity for the meek through perseverance and strength!"
  • TiklmesillyTiklmesilly Registered User new member
    I will be coming from Louisiana. started at Pax East in 2013. Pax south last year was really nice and San Antonio is a great city to host it.

• gnomergnomer Registered User new member
    Coming from Oregon was there last year was the first guy to collect all 16 of the gearbox pins i will do it again this year but i really just hope there is an Acquisitions Inc. live game this year

I'm glad to hear people liked it! San Antonio works well because of all the things outside of the convention you can do, I believe.

• The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    I'll be coming from California with a person from Washington. We both went to south last year.
    South is right around my birthday... So I hope to turn it into a sort of birthday tradition.

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    Coming from the Seattle area again, this will be my 16th PAX.

row1.pngrow2.png
  • pheircepheirce Registered User new member
    coming from vegas. bringing 2 friends from vegas and 3 friends from San Francisco (6 of us total). their first PAX and i've been to PAX-east twice (2012 and 2014).

we used to be a DND group so i hope there's an acquisitions inc. session at PAX-south this year!

• NightmarenNightmaren Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I'm coming from Orlando, Florida but this is my first PAX. I have nothing else to compare it to in regards to other PAX events, but it seems like San Antonio is a wonderful city and there are lots of places surrounding it for food and other conveniences.

Nightmaren on
  • Lnrt87Lnrt87 KansasRegistered User regular
    Coming back from Kansas. It will be nice to get out of here in the middle of winter

• zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    I'm coming from St. Louis! I had a blast last year. This will be my sixth PAX!

dgiab0m7h15x.png

• RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    This will my second PAX. I just went for Saturday last year. This year I got a 3-day pass and booked an Airbnb.

Coming from Corpus Christi, Tx

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    lots of people come from out of texas! I will be making a map again to show this data :)

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Flying from Tucson, AZ. This'll be my 2nd South. I'm on the shorter distance of people who fly, but man do I not want to drive 12 hours each way.

YoungFrey on
  • CodextehFishCodextehFish Vancouver, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm coming from Canada again. Looking forward to having more of a chance to explore San Antonio

Attendee:
    Prime: '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15
    West: '16, '17
    East: '14, '15, '16, '17
    South: '15, '16, '17, '18
  • Yarrr ImA PirateYarrr ImA Pirate Registered User new member
    My friend and I will be coming from Chandler (just outside of Phoenix) AZ. We went to South last year. Looking to see if they add anything more this year.

• AggressAggress Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    zerzhul wrote: »
    lots of people come from out of texas! I will be making a map again to show this data :)

YEE! That was pretty neat to see last year.

As a side note, if you can make it try to join in on the pre-PAX pub crawl that I am sure will pop up soon. Last year was my first PAX and that really helped to make friends for the weekend adventure.

Aggress on
  • funpugfunpug Registered User new member
    Aggress wrote: »

As a side note, if you can make it try to join in on the pre-PAX pub crawl that I am sure will pop up soon. Last year was my first PAX and that really helped to make friends for the weekend adventure.

Nice, ill definitely sign up for that. Sounds fun and ill be flying solo so I wanna meet some peeps!

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Massachusetts! Looking very forward to South again.

edited September 2015

Do you have a link or a picture of it for PAX South 2015? Would be cool to see.

FlyingTurtle on
  • provideprovide Michigan, USRegistered User regular
    funpug wrote: »
    Aggress wrote: »

Nice, ill definitely sign up for that. Sounds fun and ill be flying solo so I wanna meet some peeps!

I'm beyond excited for the pub crawl, it was so much fun last year! And my house won!!

"Equity for the meek through perseverance and strength!"
    I merged the previous thread into this one so that the map is in the OP.

Last year's map is here: http://www.maptive.com/ver3/paxsouth2015

• DaftDevDaftDev Boston, MARegistered User regular
    My wife and I will be coming in from Boise, ID after moving back west this fall.

We had a great time at South this year, and liked the different feel from Prime and East.

Since this was a merge, I will repeat the short version of the instructions

if you want a placemark on the map, follow the steps in the OP and submit the form :)

• SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    I will be coming from Louisiana. started at Pax East in 2013. Pax south last year was really nice and San Antonio is a great city to host it.

I'm from NOLA, where y'at?

• mayapplemayapple TennesseeRegistered User regular
    We are coming from Middle Tennessee. We attended south last year as well as previous easts.

e6txb8m8cavf.png

• nightfall5029nightfall5029 Registered User new member
    I live in San Antonio, and this will be my first PAX! If anybody needs rides anywhere or suggestions for stuff I'll be happy to help. :)

• Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Coming from the deserts of Arizona, first South but veteran of 5 Primes. I'm looking forward to seeing people I didn't get to meet at prior Primes but converse with all the time on the twitters and IRC

PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
    first update complete

• Bartoni33Bartoni33 Southern IllinoisRegistered User regular
    Southern Illinoisan here. This will be my second South trip.

• malarkey721malarkey721 Registered User new member
    edited September 2015
    @zerzhul - Thanks for putting this together! Very cool to look at the map and see where people are coming from.

Driving in from West Houston (Katy, TX) for my second PAX South. I'm from the Tulsa, OK area originally and have 6-8 friends that will drive down from there to my house a day or two before, then we'll all carpool to San Antonio together.

Really excited!

malarkey721 on
  • jmb83jmb83 Registered User regular
    College Station, Texas. This will be 2-2 on PAX Souths attended. Now to keep that number going.

• Only_TrinityOnly_Trinity Registered User regular
    I will be heading out from Katy, Texas with one of my friends early morning. Unfortunately we have classes the day before so can't join in on any pub crawls

• Goddess of MadnessGoddess of Madness Registered User regular
    First South... done Prime twice coming from the Great White North with 5 other hosers, by plane

• 725roy725roy Registered User regular
    I'm flying in from Minneapolis, and I have company who will be driving from Decorah, Iowa

• invinciblebearsinvinciblebears Registered User new member
    Driving in from Corpus Christi, two hours south of San Antonio!

South 2015 was my first pax, I also attended prime last month. Patiently waiting for south to come around again!

• The_ZephThe_Zeph Registered User regular
    First PAX South! Been to Prime twice. I'm just happy there's a PAX sort of close to me now~
    Flying in from Memphis, TN.

• PrototypeAresPrototypeAres Registered User regular
    I'll be coming from Temple, Texas. This will be my 2nd PAX both of them being South of course. 1/28 is my birthday so I'm hoping to get in on the pubcrawl.

• AtallaAtalla Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Hubby and I coming in from the Hawaiian islands Hilo, hi to be exact. Second year at pax south, but prime three times and East twice!

Atalla on