As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2] Now F2P - HoT expansion is LIVE! Guild missions Sun @ Noon & Mon @ 5pm Pacific!

• Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Draygo wrote: »
    Really? I think there are several examples of Anet taking a second sometimes third pass at things.

The skill point system itself has been subject to many changes. They have been iterating on the Ai, sPvP and other things.

The only place it really isn't true is WvW, because yes, they left that alone.
    I did it all myself

Going to try to get more active scenery for parts...

If you have a NVidia graphics card you can record using shadowplay for free (and avoid the fraps thing at the top). Its need though the music fits perfectly imo.

Sadly, I've just got an aging mid-tier AMD/Radeon on the PC I'm using.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    I sneaked a peak over at the offical Engi forums, seeing if people might be as hyped about Scrapper as I am after seeing it in action.

Instead, it's mostly "WAAHH AI WAAHH TARGETABLE WAAH USELESS GYROS USELESS FOREVER!!"

Which I just don't see, since it seems most of the Gyros either act like Ranger spirits when you could still trait them to follow you, or mesmer clones, charging the enemy to explode or doing their one thing where you summoned it, which don't usually suffer from the pitfalls of pet AI. We'll have to see how their health is next BWE see how they preform under pressure, but honestly other than the Purge and Medic Gyro, as those had little appeal to me (though, 5 seconds of pulsing protection from the Medic Gyro's toolbelt sounds nice) the gyros, if not awesome in and of themselves, seem to have pretty great toolbelt skills that are worth considering almost entirely on their own merit.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I just started playing this game again and I want to transfer to the PA Server, but it won't allow me without 1,800 diamonds.

I just have a few characters on a different server and don't know how to gain shards, could anyone help me?

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Roe wrote: »
    I just started playing this game again and I want to transfer to the PA Server, but it won't allow me without 1,800 diamonds.

I just have a few characters on a different server and don't know how to gain shards, could anyone help me?
    The PA server is just for purposes of Wuvwuv. For everything else, all servers are now playing on the same mega-server, really (though it's still instanced, which you can take advantage of by using the LFG tool to join other instances and find respawned content).

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Posted the video on Reddit too. Hoping people see/comment on it, really wanna know how well it fits/how obvious my influences are.

Edit:for some reason I'm not seeing it on the actual pages/tabs

EidolonOrpheus on
  • Options
    KylindraKylindra Registered User regular
    Roe wrote: »

Gems are the premium currency in GW2. You won't get 1800 of them by playing the game, you'll need to pay real money in the Black Lion Trading Post. 1800 gems is I think $22.50 (US); it's expensive because our server is high-population (I didn't even know they would let anyone transfer actually).

The good news is, you probably don't need to join our server unless you specifically want to WvW with us. You can do the entire rest of the game with us, including joining the guild and participating in all the guild missions, open world stuff, dungeons, sPvP, etc. Thanks to megaservers, your home server is meaningless except specifically in the World Vs World game mode.

So go ahead and join the guild! You can always transfer later if you decide it's worth it. :)

• Options
    I mean, you COULD buy 1800 Gems with Gold. That would amount to over 400g at today's prices. :D But yeah, it only matters for Wuvwuv.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Apparently, there's a sale today for Talk Like a Pirate day??

Bazaar Quaggan Mini Pack, Captain's Airship Pass (permanent and 2 week), some other skins and finishers that are pirate-themed.

The Airship is just... a compressed Lion's Arch or other hub city, right?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    Quick reminder folks, I'm out tonight so guild missions are off for Saturday evening. If you'd still like credit with the guild this week, tomorrow's missions are still on!

• Options
    My post still hasn't shown up in the new post section of Reddit. Hope it didn't get caught in something.

• Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    Pirate day sale has some good stuff.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Got all non-cooking crafting up to 400+. I can make all the (durable) things. I'm finally free of the tyranny of low-level vials of blood, or the desperate hope for random drops of baddassery!

• Options
    TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    Between you and me we can craft anything! All I have is cooking at 400.

• Options
    Friar ChuggsFriar Chuggs Registered User regular
    Oh looky here. Guess I better log in.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Wowee

http://gw2efficiency.com/account/wealth-distribution

Not 100% accurate, according to the developer, but very close.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Wowee

For perspective, there are only 8766 hours in a year.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    #6, 7 & 15 on the leaderboard have insane efficiency if they're not just a product of injecting real money into the game. They're making on 30-45g an hour of playtime. That's insane.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    If you can amass enough capital to start buying out entire resource types so you can set them to a higher price, you can make a lot of gold.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    So instead of bashing my head against SPVP with other classes, I finally decided to try as my mesmer.

Why the fuck didn't I play as my mesmer before?

Also, it's too bad torch is a heavily underused weapon because there are a lot of great looking torch skins.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Geeze, looking at the Twilight Arbor and Flame Legion armor sets... they really do know how to make a pretty carrot.

• Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    Wowee

Dag. Thought I was worth more :(

FnqiEoa.jpg

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    The most gold I've ever had at once is just over 160. With about 125 right now, I know I'm not, but this database just makes me feel poor.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    naengwen wrote: »
    Wowee

Dag. Thought I was worth more :(

snip

Considering I'm 7,500gold, it seems about right.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    HugglesHuggles Registered User regular
    Figured there might be people here this would interest

https://youtu.be/a2cSKCGojKc

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    The most gold I've ever had at once is just over 160. With about 125 right now, I know I'm not, but this database just makes me feel poor.

The most I've had is about 8 gold

edit: and I've been playing off and on since launch

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

The most I've had is about 8 gold

edit: and I've been playing off and on since launch

1375 ish.

and then i bought dawn.

It hurt.

Played gem market. Silverwaste'd on weekends to make bank. used birthday gift cards for more gems. not fun grinding dough.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I have like 20g but I never felt a need to get money besides "too lazy to farm random bits for crafting"

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    I'm currently bouncing between 177 and 178 gold. It's rather entertaining to be excited at 178, then run dailies and season 2 waypointing across the map and back to 177.

• Options
    Ever since I hit the point where I could make Damask, gold has been coming in at a regular clip. Of course, my problem is that I spend my profit as soon as I get it. "Hey, I made some profit... OOOooo, I need this Rune. WTF, I'm back down to where I started?"

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    My economic strategy: plant food and lv21 alts parked at Weyandt's Revenge puzzle chest fishing for doubloons. I can damask but have not been doing so since making decent bank after hitting 250 doubloons. I should look into that - plant food is already a guaranteed 1g profit per day.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Geeze, looking at the Twilight Arbor and Flame Legion armor sets... they really do know how to make a pretty carrot.

And you can make that carrot even prettier!

Z9vtn7q.jpg

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Druid this week, at TwitchCon

wLcLFlTl.jpg

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    What's that Mordrem doing pretending to be a druid? How inaproppriate ANet, bad taste.

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    Hrm they are removing a bunch of stuff from the gemstore in 7 days from now. I'm wanting that Phalanx armor set but was hoping to get it on sale.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Huggles wrote: »
    What's that Mordrem doing pretending to be a druid? How inaproppriate ANet, bad taste.

Speciest

Just because you were made of pure hatred to be a minion for some elder evil, That don't make you a bad salad.

Wait.... maybe it does.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Is there any information about what Sylvari eat...?

Food for thought

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    I think it'd be cool if they eat rocks. :D

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Huggles wrote: »
    Is there any information about what Sylvari eat...?

Food for thought

They eat meat and plants just like humans.

Personally I'd hoped they'd go all Elder Scrolls Bosmer and be like WE EAT NO PLANTS, PLANTS ARE OUR BROTHERS, ONLY MEAT but nope, they do eat plants. I guess though that's just like humans eating cows or pigs or whatever.

Interestingly I think Charr are also omnivores, but I don't know if they're omnivores like dogs (eg, NEED to eat meat, but can supplement that diet with plants better than some other carnivores) or omnivores like humans (probably do best on a diet that includes at least small amounts of meat, but can survive on plants). I'm actually willing to bet it's more the former. Maybe not quite as much as dogs, but like, "if I don't have SOME meat every day I'm gonna get sick."

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    I think Sylvari eat whatever Mordremoth tells them to

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Woo! Completed all the S2 achievements for the living story. Finalllllly. So glad thats done. If anyone needs help with them, i'm happy to help out. Let me know. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
This discussion has been closed.