As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

THE STEAM SALE CANNOT BE STOPPED. UPDATE: IT STOPPED.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    MECs are also way more balanced and not-game-breaking than certain gene mods like the cloaking one

BahamutZERO.gif
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    I still fielded 6 regular soldiers

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    You know I completely forgot that there would be another Starcraft expansion until now

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    The cloaking gene mod was fucking ridiculous, most others weren't that great.

Mecs were potentially awesome, but needed to be used correctly. Things like the AOE heal were insane. The flamethrower was pretty nuts too. I think people thought they were just supposed to be tanks though, and if you use them as tanks they'd get annihilated.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Cloaking gene mod is probably the best

The eyes one that gives you a bonus to your next shot I really liked throwing on my heavies

The regeneration one was pretty great

And jumping was nice if you didn't want to necessarily have your folks wearing grapple armor (although ghost armor was great)

mecs were for punching people. punch them real hard

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    MECs were my favorite part of the expansion. I loved making them as mobile as possible and giving them rocket boots so that they could just book it to the nearest rooftop and rain down death from above

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I just want original squad sight back in 2!

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i still don't understand why the minigun has the overheating warning but none of the machine guns do.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    You know I completely forgot that there would be another Starcraft expansion until now

It's stand alone too!

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »

How was it different from the one we have now?

Also yes, while I currently use a soldier with mimetic skin it shure is too good compared to other mods. Especially together with a squad sight sniper.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Downloading Mad Max

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

Also yes, while I currently use a soldier with mimetic skin it shure is too good compared to other mods. Especially together with a squad sight sniper.

Mimetic skin is the most expensive augmentation by far, so it's not like they recognize that it's super powerful.

• SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    Do any of you have opinions on Loren the amazon princess or Satellite Reign? Need a new game to play and was eyeing those two.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Sonelan wrote: »
    Do any of you have opinions on Loren the amazon princess or Satellite Reign? Need a new game to play and was eyeing those two.

I haven't played Loren despite getting it in a bundle a long time ago, but I do appreciate that the armor is equally skimpy for both the male AND female characters.

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i played Satellite Reign when it was in early access and when it first went 1.0 and it's pretty alright, though when it was in early access the AI was really buggy, and it doesn't seem to have improved. So as long as you dong' figure out how to make it bug out it's fine.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Satellite Reign looks fucking rad but I'm holding off for a sale

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I got SR in early access, been playing it and having a good time with it

Brolo on
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

You can't crit with it in the expansion unless you use Headshot. Think that was the only change, may be forgetting something, though.

nah it could crit

It can't crit unless you use headshot

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    It could definitely crit without using headshot.

some enemies are immune to crits without headshot, but that's not a squad sight thing

• GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

In Vanilla, yes. In Enemy Within, no. Snipers could still crit when enemies are within normal sight range (no crosshair icon), but could not crit when using squadsight.

cB557 wrote: »

No, it couldn't. If you crit squad sight in the expansion, it's because you weren't using squadsight. This is a thing you can actually look up.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have a question
    has anyone bought the Standard Edition of Heart of the Swarm digital can you upgrade it to the deluxe edition?

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I have a question
    has anyone bought the Standard Edition of Heart of the Swarm digital can you upgrade it to the deluxe edition?

I bought the standard edition at retail

and I'm fairly sure I've seen an option to upgrade to the digital deluxe edition. I can't seem it find it now, though.

It might be missing due to the sale.

edit: glancing around, I ended up at this page for the Heart of the Swarm Digital Deluxe package. The "buy now" button currently redirects to the store page for the 3-game complete collection, which also has a digital deluxe edition. I do not appear to receive a discount for owning the retail deluxe edition and retail standard edition of WoL and HotS respectively.

Given the verbiage on the page, I imagine you used to be able to upgrade from the digital standard edition to the digital deluxe for a reduced price. Whether you will be able to do so again in the future is not known.

Tamin on
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Operation Enduring Priest
    A pretty straight forward landing mission; a Scout was detected on the ground in Japan, and Der Waffle Mous, Platypus Beirut, msuitepyon, and Metalbourne were dispatched to deal with it.

2015-09-19_00002_zpslfzu4evr.jpg

They encountered Sectoids...

2015-09-19_00003_zps11uzkiwg.jpg

... Seekers ...

2015-09-19_00005_zpsabcq2jfr.jpg

... Floaters...

2015-09-19_00012_zpsypu4yqch.jpg

.. and an Outsider.

2015-09-19_00008_zpsq7ic9jze.jpg

...but it was all pretty straight forward and despite a couple minor flesh wounds the most notable outcome was the fact that msuitepyon got the nickname 'Moose', which just tickled my funnybone for some reason.

2015-09-19_00013_zpswksgaglw.jpg

Two in the infirmary for a week, but the only thing of note that happened while they were in bed was the council report:
    2015-09-19_00015_zps7phwsavo.jpg

Australia pulled out, the dirty xeno-loving species traitors. But overall, it's a good haul of cash for our reserves*.

We were also offered 5 Engineers for some Seeker corpses, so if any reports of technologically advanced ghost tentacle machines start coming out of Egypt, know that I compromised Earth's political and military stability for the chance to build brighter, shinier objects and also clear out our dead alien storage at the same time.

*: I immediately spent it all.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Operation Stone Line
    Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Der Waffle Mous show, starring everyone's favourite defender of humanity, Mous!
    Also appearing Metalbourne, Platypus Beirut, and msuitepyon

And this week's antagonists, Floaters!

2015-09-20_00009_zpsffsxt3i4.jpg

Our uninvited extra-terrestrial guests have dropped into Bloemfontein uninvited, where they've been making themselves unwelcome by abducting local citizens. But don't worry, gentle audience, for Trooper Der Waffle Mous can do it all!

He can shoot them to the left!

2015-09-20_00007_zpse1kaxrp4.jpg

He can shoot them to the right!

2015-09-20_00002_zpsai9eyf6q.jpg

At one point Metalbourne runs into an odd Sectoid who apparently got lost on his way to outer space, but she scores points by putting that poor Sectoid to sleep. Isn't it nice when friends help out?

2015-09-20_00008_zpscuoydvzc.jpg

Unfortunately Platypus Beirut doesn't have the same luck, uncharacteristically missing an easy shot in the open street.

2015-09-20_00014_zpsjuelahyi.jpg

Which both he...

2015-09-20_00019_zps8zak5bcs.jpg

... and Metalbourne pay the price for.

2015-09-20_00015_zps9txpuile.jpg

But it's okay, ladies and gents, for Der Waffle Mous is ever ready, and can heal all wounds.

2015-09-20_00021_zpsyvebuqye.jpg

2015-09-20_00029_zpsrqea9ggh.jpg

Der Waffle Mous then locates and pins down a rogue Floater while grabbing the last Meld canister (having already grabbed the first one earlier in the mission).

2015-09-20_00022_zpsqtl5pmbc.jpg

Magnanimously, he lets msuitepyon deal with the poor creature.

2015-09-20_00027_zps0ockhd6u.jpg

And having tracked down the final Xeno, chased it through a wall, and reduced it to a gibbering wreck in a far corner, he gives Platypus Beirut the opportunity to make up for his earlier miss and put the tortured beast out of its misery.

2015-09-20_00031_zpsebyeyjgw.jpg

Full marks for that one, today, Mous. MVP stuff. Time for a pack of gum and a coffee. You' earned it.

2015-09-20_00034_zpsfovsrymc.jpg

Unfortunately our only sniper is on the injured list until the middle of the month, and our best assault is out for a few days, too, but overall it's another mission where everyone's come through alive.
    Also, thanks to our sponsors and Doc Vahlen for putting together some shiny new armor for our troops in the field. Nice one, Doc.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Sonelan wrote: »
    I guess it's pretty standard visual novel stuff (I never touch that stuff so idk)? The combat has some involvement, and I think you could affect the story through your actions somewhat?
    I'd wouldn't really recommend anyone to buy it, but otoh I really don't get the appeal of VN crap, but if you get hold of it for a pittance in a bundle or something, go ahead. There's at least a gameplay of sorts in the combat sections.

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I haven't been keeping up with the Bloodbowl 2 news (I've been getting emails as a BB1 player but I haven't been reading them) but I read the latest and apparently it's releasing this week. So my number 1 question is: is it less buggy? and with that, does it play smoother? Not like, graphically, but BB1 had a problem where I felt like the game wasn't very responsive. And moving the camera around was locked to the grid so it didn't have smooth scrolling. It felt clunky, has that been fixed?

random steam maintenance just ruined my endless legend multiplayer game. god damn it

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Was going through my humble bundle keys list to see if I had any unused still that people might want, and came across a Lord of the Rings Online starter pack thing and decided to give that a try. The stories are probably neat if nothing else.

Caught my wife's interest in it, too. So I was curious if anyone happened to have gotten the WB Games bundle from like, 2 years ago and hadn't used the LOTRO key.

Boy it definitely looks dated. But you can play music for other nearby players with the keyboard, which is kinda neat. The players seem pretty nice from initial impression too.

Did anyone actually happen to ever play it at any point? I don't think I've heard anyone I know talk about it first hand, despite having a couple super Tolkien nerd friends who also like MMORPGs.

• ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Was going through my humble bundle keys list to see if I had any unused still that people might want, and came across a Lord of the Rings Online starter pack thing and decided to give that a try. The stories are probably neat if nothing else.

Caught my wife's interest in it, too. So I was curious if anyone happened to have gotten the WB Games bundle from like, 2 years ago and hadn't used the LOTRO key.

Boy it definitely looks dated. But you can play music for other nearby players with the keyboard, which is kinda neat. The players seem pretty nice from initial impression too.

Did anyone actually happen to ever play it at any point? I don't think I've heard anyone I know talk about it first hand, despite having a couple super Tolkien nerd friends who also like MMORPGs.

It was a great MMO for a while, but it's getting pretty dated now and is starting up server merges soon, the PA guild's been disbanded. The main problem for me was the orcs. Orcs, orcs, orcs, and more orcs. I must've killed ten thousand orcs. A man can only kill so many orcs. Plus, every update upped the level cap and it felt like shit was getting obsoleted before I even got anywhere.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    LOTRO has the friendliest MMO community I've ever seen.

Also you can add files to a folder that let you play songs in game, and if you and your wife both add the same files you can play a duet!

http://city.navsplace.net/lotro/?p=399

X22wmuF.jpg
    Hah, yeah there's not really a whole lot of enemy variety in the narrative, so after 8 years I could see that getting reeeaaal dull, unless they started to depart from the story in huge ways.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I only played LotRO a bit, but I had a hobbit minstrel and I have to say that I never wanted to leave the Shire (hobbit starting area). It was just so fucking cool to wander around areas that I'd read about and do the small, homely things for quests that hobbits thought of as important. Once I got past that my interest started to wane, but up until that point it was awesome. My hobbit ended up looking like a swole hillbilly and I loved him so much. I also loved the soundtrack to the game and I would just sit around and farm pipe tobacco and veggies and stuff while listening to it.

ACA0BFE4B461EA3B422B733D0B68DDC90BE32EAE
    2F7D4E17FD164777EC08D841D5A5833FC404DE88

Here's my favorite song from the game, which if I remember can be heard inside one of the inns in or just outside the Shire (in Bree perhaps?) I'd stay there and leave the game running while I browsed the web just to have it play
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwZ3JskY6XU

JtgVX0H.png
    Hobbit Minstrel is the first thing I made! The quests I've done in the Shire so far are great.

Probably going to play a Captain with my wife, Minstrel on my own.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhRp4HT40PE
    “With System Shock: Enhanced Edition, we’re implementing game-changing improvements, including mouselook, widescreen, and a high resolution display mode,” says Stephen Kick, CEO of Night Dive Studios. “The classic game has never been more accessible to a modern audience.”

“The re-release supports resolutions up to 1024×768 (compared to the original 640×480), and a native 854×480 widescreen mode. Gameplay was also streamlined with a toggleable mouselook mode, including more intuitive inventory and item management. Combined with assorted bug-fixes and remappable controls, System Shock is now truly enhanced.

“Some gaming experiences are truly worth preserving. Gamers can also return to the authentic 90’s gameplay with System Shock: Classic – ready for modern systems, completely unaltered in all other aspects. Both releases are available in a single package, with a 40% discount for all System Shock 2 owners on GOG.com – and 20% off for everyone. The discounted offer will last until Tuesday, September 29, 6:59 AM GMT.”

https://www.gog.com/game/system_shock_enhanced_edition

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I need this on Steam. Also, in my veins.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.