As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I Peeked Behind the Cyclops' Eye! I Did! And [Halloween] Was There!

• MariisunMariisun In the plains of NefirRegistered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Mariisun wrote: »
    I'm thinking I might do a movie night but I need to come up with a good list of horror movies to watch or halloweeny movies. The only requirement is I can't really sit through snuff films or organs galore so it's going to be an interesting goal to come up with a list of movies.
    I'm actually already preparing cool and inexpensive halloween decorations and scary snacks. The last thing I need to figure out is a costume.

If you want to be lazy/efficient, check out Patrick Klepeck's lists on Giant Bomb.

He also tumblrs them: http://patrickklepek.tumblr.com/post/98896055314/welcome-to-shocktober-2014

Gah! Thank you! I instantly found some winners. Now onto the party planning! I'm excited to come up with cool and scary looking recipes for friends. Thank you :)

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Lemme know if you need recipes, I have looots

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    put the wedding rings on severed fingers

the cake is a giant bedsheet ghost made out of fondant

We don't have extra money for rings so I was thinking Ring Pops.

I love these ideas though.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I don't get to do much halloween partying, but I have put a decent playlist together, I think

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    put the wedding rings on severed fingers

the cake is a giant bedsheet ghost made out of fondant

We don't have extra money for rings so I was thinking Ring Pops.

I love these ideas though.

Yo you can get good quality stainless steel rings on Amazon for like 11 bucks.

I'm ditching my silver wedding ring because my weird skin makes it turn black after a couple days, stainless steel won't do that and also won't scratch.

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Two of my Atlanta Ghostbusters teammates/co-founders are getting married on Halloween. We've been explicitly told that any attire is allowed from fancy dress to jeans to Halloween costumes.

I look too damn good in a suit not to wear mine but I'm thinking of bringing the pack anyway and making it an impromptu "court room Ghostbuster" from Ghostbusters 2.
    ueb0akojzyn2.jpg

As for Halloween playlists, my Ghostbusters playlist currently stands at 140+ songs with remixes for any occasion if anyone needs anything.

TankHammer on
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Two of my Atlanta Ghostbusters teammates/co-founders are getting married on Halloween. We've been explicitly told that any attire is allowed from fancy dress to jeans to Halloween costumes.

I look too damn good in a suit not to wear mine but I'm thinking of bringing the pack anyway and making it an impromptu "court room Ghostbuster" from Ghostbusters 2.
    ueb0akojzyn2.jpg

As for Halloween playlists, my Ghostbusters playlist currently stands at 140+ songs with remixes for any occasion if anyone needs anything.

Black Flight Suit with correct tags and patches. Tuxedo Shirt and Bow-tie underneath. Get people to do a saber arch but with proton wands.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

TankHammer wrote: »

ueb0akojzyn2.jpg

Black Flight Suit with correct tags and patches. Tuxedo Shirt and Bow-tie underneath. Get people to do a saber arch but with proton wands.

I'm not sure we have enough GB representation for that, plus I'm not in the wedding party. Cool idea though!

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    i have no idea what to be for halloween that doesn't compromise my beard

EzUAYcn.png
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

Being a fat bearded guy definitely limits my choices, too.

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    My sister and I are considering going as Emily and Alexander from Country Mouse and City Mouse.

Really, we're just trying to think of good Bro/Sis costumes (I know Emily and Alexander are cousins).

We've also considered Mable and Dipper Pines, but I don't actually watch Gravity Falls.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Being a fat bearded guy definitely limits my choices, too.

Be a bearded version of literally any character.

That's what I do.

It's a costume, not an acting role.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Volstagg? Heimdall? Buri? Any male Asgardian, really.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

A wizard, perhaps? A (fantasy) dwarf?

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Go as Haphaestus!

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    This Halloween my nieces and nephew will be shepherded on their candy-scavenging sojourn by none other than the mighty DR. DOOM, SUPREME SOVEREIGN OF LATVERIA, IMPLACABLE FOE OF THE ACCURSED FANTASTIC FOUR!

I'm basically just buying a bunch of used sporting equipment, spray painting it silver, and making a green tunic and hood.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Go as Haphaestus!

Physically Bacchus wouldn't fit, but the themes would work out well enough

VRXwDW7.png
    Also good for a bearded gentleman is any character who wears a mask. There are a bunch of them.

One of my best costumes was a huge cliche, but I feel like I did it pretty well.
    379069_10151283373975873_1710649355_n.jpg?oh=3dafd06b927576998d33727327e397fb&oe=56AA1FBD

Also it spawed one of the earliest photos of my wife and I together, and still one of my favourites
    579284_10151302257926214_1823352830_n.jpg?oh=c8410df3abac73b0c8d3e63c23fa72cd&oe=56AA981A&__gda__=1453461014_74891eaf9b8a853ecaf477dca632ede2

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I should go to the thrift store tomorrow and try to assemble my 90s cartoon Spider-Man Kingpin costume I've been wanting to do for the past few years. Hardest to find piece will be the double breasted white coat I bet.

It isn't like I have anywhere to wear it but... It'd be fun.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

I'm shamelessly stealing an idea from Dragon Con and going as "Immortan Trump". The plan is to stuff the beard under my chin and cover it with the mask.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I have also considered masquerading as DOOM

But probably I will just do the Road Warrior costume that I assembled last year but didn't get to wear because of work

Except this year I have a little more time to collect some more pads and bits of shit to stick on

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Like I need a way bigger shoulder pad but an actual football pad costs more than I wanna pay here

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Like I need a way bigger shoulder pad but an actual football pad costs more than I wanna pay here

Surely there are used sporting goods stores nearby? Or even thrift stores? You could Frankenstein a youth shoulder pad pretty easy...

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    bedsheet ghost with the kool-aid man painted on my body undeneath

when i get drunk enough, i will go to the bathroom and BURST OUT as the kool-aid man

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    praise jesus

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Be an ewok. Do it. Be an ewok, crwth. Eat the flesh of your enem

Surely there are used sporting goods stores nearby? Or even thrift stores? You could Frankenstein a youth shoulder pad pretty easy...

You could also probably use a hockey chestpiece for the same effect. Might be more people reselling that on Kijiji or Craigslist or whatever at this time of year. Plus, it might be cheaper thanks to how apathetic everyone is to hockey in your country!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »

You could also probably use a hockey chestpiece for the same effect. Might be more people reselling that on Kijiji or Craigslist or whatever at this time of year. Plus, it might be cheaper thanks to how apathetic everyone is to hockey in your country!

Boy I hope that draft was supposed to end with a y and not an a

3basnids3lf9.jpg

You can totally find distressed sporting equipment in thrift stores. That's what my buddy did for his Casey Jones cosplay. Found a nice, cheap golf bag to carry it all in too!

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Cello wrote: »

Boy I hope that draft was supposed to end with a y and not an a

God dammit I have to stop making posts immediately after waking up in the mornings. Though I guess accidental nightmare drafts are right up the Halloween thread's alley.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    I'm going to be going as El Santo in a suit for Halloween

just a lucha mask and the 70s-est turtleneck/blazer costume i can find

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna be Riker this year.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be Riker this year.

Nice. I thought about being Riker as well, but those uniforms are just a little too unforgiving. Maybe next year, I'll have an acceptable starfleet regulation jumpsuit gut.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    I mean, Riker kind of has a bit of a gut sometimes

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Better practice sitting in a chair like you're climbing onto a horse, too.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Better practice sitting in a chair like you're climbing onto a horse, too.

"Practice"?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

I'm working on my Riker conversation stance first.