As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - Clearing

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited December 2014 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - Clearing

Clearing

Clearing

http://campcomic.com/comic/168

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• ImpactWinterImpactWinter Kansas CityRegistered User regular
    I'd say first to find kitty, but...

• Petey512Petey512 Registered User new member
    I love the last panel. Just beautiful.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    COUNT THE KITTIES!

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • KrumlaKrumla Registered User new member
    Is that the skull of Ash Ketchum?

• ManikkuManikku A good cheese lasts forever... PanamaRegistered User regular
    Someone, quick! Make the last panel a wallpaper!
    Also... why would that be ash's skull.. I think im missing the joke :(

• LinkXdeaDLinkXdeaD Registered User new member
    @Manikku: Because of the hat :) Red with a white panel at the front just like Ash (or, at least, early Ash).

That last panel is fantastic, love the reflection of the cats upon the surface of the water!!

• ManikkuManikku A good cheese lasts forever... PanamaRegistered User regular
    @LINKXDEAD Ohh I just noticed the hat, for some reason I missed it due to my low brightness.

• Delmar001Delmar001 Registered User new member
    I had thought the hat was actually a visor and that the white portion was simply the top of the skull. Still, some dark stuff...

• Onslaught15Onslaught15 Registered User new member
    You came to the wrong neighborhood, ......

• chemistx2chemistx2 Registered User regular
    It's the green shirt behind the tree to the right in the last panel that has me worried...

• hajenhajen Registered User regular
    ever have that feeling that someone or something is watching you? ...me too.

that last panel is just gorgeous <3

• DasJesterDasJester Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    This strip is so awesome. All the cats!

• Sensei Le RoofSensei Le Roof Registered User regular
    And now, the camp production of "Cats".
    ...no? Too easy?

• RastabanRastaban Registered User new member
    edited December 2014
    Any chance we could get that last frame as a wallpaper, it's magnificent!

Rastaban on
  • AberrantWolfAberrantWolf Registered User regular
    I... uhh... I found the cat in this one?

• meatnerdmeatnerd Registered User regular
    Cat heaven ( * 0*) <3

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    Found the skull

• AgentParsecAgentParsec Registered User regular
    How many people spent time scouring the first 5 panels for a cat before scrolling down?

~~~ The Timeline is Safe. ~~~
  • KaenKaen Registered User regular
    I just can't seem to find the cat in this one. Anybody have a hint?

• plato360plato360 Registered User regular
    @AGENTHYDRA: I totally did that, then was like "Holy crap look at all those cats"

also, does anybody recognize that bag just above Malachi's head in the last frame? clearly somebody is nearby but I don't think we've seen that bag before.

wonderful artwork, as always

• Mjolnir74Mjolnir74 Registered User regular
    Found the cat spawn point.

• hibryd7hibryd7 Registered User regular
    That last panel is beautiful and creepy, its like a misty feline nether plane.

• MartynMartyn Registered User regular
    The great part comes in the next comic when it gets lighter outside and we see that every one of these cats is orange.

• alvindraperalvindraper Registered User regular
    @PLATO360 Not sure...there is also a discarded shirt on the right. They may both belong to the same person the skull does.

• AkoisAkois Registered User new member
    Looking at the story so far I have the feeling that when the kids are long enough in the camp they turn into cats before becoming adults, and this is the place were they feel drawn to when the time comes, deep in the forest. Looking at the weird kid from a couple of panels ago, he has pointy ears and his eyes are glowing yellow (sort of how cats's eyes glow to light reflexion); and his overall behavior of shoes-obsession and phrase repeating, like when small babies are learning to talk, awfully reminds me of how cats act when they are little kitties. "They make my hand sweaty" line makes me think of how cats can only sweat through their paws. He's remembered as the first kid in the camp because all the kids before him has already turned into cats and he's in the process. Also, look at those empty kid clothes! And the skull is probably some sort of cross-reference as other commenters suggest. Either that or they desintegrate and from the ashes of their bodies the cats are reborn, and the skull is this process; and the kid is a some sort of gremlin, or just really ugly. The whole comic is probably just a visual poem of what happens to the kids the world doesn't want.

I hope my brainfart didn't give you a headache.

• TzivyaTzivya Registered User regular
    I count 32. Maybe 31, I can't tell if a pair in back is two side by side, or one lying down. :)

• Sooo...Sooo... Registered User new member
    Am I the only one who's immediate thought when seeing the last panel was that, stuff is about to go down Warrior Cats style?

• chemistx2chemistx2 Registered User regular
    At night, all cats are grey...

• KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    Hey guys! I made a wallpaper of the last panel in case anyone's still interested:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/katiejrice/sets/72157642879862734/

• TrueVCUTrueVCU Registered User regular
    CATLANTIS

• PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Akois wrote: »
    Looking at the story so far I have the feeling that when the kids are long enough in the camp they turn into cats before becoming adults, and this is the place were they feel drawn to when the time comes, deep in the forest. Looking at the weird kid from a couple of panels ago, he has pointy ears and his eyes are glowing yellow (sort of how cats's eyes glow to light reflexion); and his overall behavior of shoes-obsession and phrase repeating, like when small babies are learning to talk, awfully reminds me of how cats act when they are little kitties. "They make my hand sweaty" line makes me think of how cats can only sweat through their paws. He's remembered as the first kid in the camp because all the kids before him has already turned into cats and he's in the process. Also, look at those empty kid clothes! And the skull is probably some sort of cross-reference as other commenters suggest. Either that or they desintegrate and from the ashes of their bodies the cats are reborn, and the skull is this process; and the kid is a some sort of gremlin, or just really ugly. The whole comic is probably just a visual poem of what happens to the kids the world doesn't want.

Holy moly you just blew my mind

PAX_Skeletor on
  • MrNumbersMrNumbers Registered User regular
    And here we find Katie's stockpile, to hide in future comics.

• FieryCocoaFieryCocoa Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Here's where Mordecai becomes CatMan

FieryCocoa on
  • bocklingbockling Registered User regular
    @Katie Thanks for making the wallpaper!

• AlexxAlexx Registered User regular
    A surprise performance of Cats! from out of the darkness of the forest.

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Akois wrote: »

I would say maybe except for the fact that someone seems to be routinely airdropping in cats.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • MRTFMRTF Registered User regular
    Very impressive artwork ten out of.... No. 11/10! Great job!

• The ManagementThe Management Registered User regular
    I found the hidden cat(s)

• CardboardPizzasCardboardPizzas Registered User regular
    I think malachai washed his face in the kitty urinal.

• Great UlcerGreat Ulcer Registered User regular
    This looks like it's where the most feral of the cats stay