As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] Look at me, I'm flying ! Woooo ! (after the servers come up)

• KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    slag mines and skyreach are pretty easy; auchindoun isn't terrible but the third boss is kind of a pain

My group almost ed killed that guy before he took off. Like....0.5% left.

We were like....really?

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Anyone have a suggestion for a pve server to reroll on? I'm sick of playing on a pvp server. World pvp just doesn't interest me in wow...

Undecided on horde or alliance, I can go either way. Will probably roll a dk just for the whole starts at 55 thing. That or use my 90 boost on a monk.

I ended up on Horde Zul'jin based on a suggestion on here from someone that I don't think I've heard from since. I rolled a DK and he's 100 now. I'm pretty happy there. I, also, was sick of my pvp server and it's bullshit.

Dealing with work all day and coming home to do a few things in game and getting relentlessly ganked by folks who play all day finally took its toll. What little enjoyment I may have gotten from actual world pvp (which basically doesn't exist anymore anyway thanks to flight and garrisons) is just not worth it.

While I'm not opposed to Horde Zul-Jin, and it's been recommended to me before by someone else... You're the one that convinced me to roll on Emerald Dream alliance to begin with... so I'm hesitant to listen to you again...

'Convinced'? Or did I just answer your question as to where people were playing at the time?

Anyway, Zul'jin is super populated so it's easy to find people to do things. The downside is the aforementioned Tanaan rares getting blown up crazy fast. When it's come up (for example when I was doing a Sabermaw rep grind) we just realm-hopped to one of the less-populated connected realms. Also the few times I've bothered to look at trade chat it wasn't full or political or religious stupidity, Thunderfury garbage, or Anal [skill] bollocks so that's a win in my book.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    And that's a wrap for what's left of my guild's raiding ability! We attempted Archimonde tonight. We had to pull in people from the group finder in order to have enough healers and tanks, and I didn't expect those people to have the patience to work with an inexperienced group like us, so we had a few people quit after each failed pull. It didn't work out and we called it early, but I'm glad we gave it a shot.

My subscription ends tomorrow afternoon, so I'm going to try and do as many old raids after the reset and hope that I get at least one of those stupid mounts.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Okay, I need to severely cut back on my WoW time again because it's starting to supplant my usual evening activities, mostly writing. Not even productive time, because sure I can get this Warlock up to 650 with the third stage of the ring but she's not coming to raid, that's going to be my 710 Death Knight with the legendary version. At least until Legion. I am really becoming tired of melee being dumped so I may not be Death Knight in the next expansion if I play it at all. Demon Hunters look kind of neat but really they're melee and that means least-wanted, first to be sat, and they get fucked by more mechanics.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well I am going to make a Demon hunter and really just goof off with them since melee tends to get really screwed over in some areas
    At least on my rogue I can vanish when it goes south

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Between everyone jumping in DHs and the change to Survival for Hunters; I'm expecting every single raid fight in Legion to fuck melee hard.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I'm just hopeful that Survival will actually be a viable spec for Hunters.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I don't doubt that it will be at some point. Not like every spec is always terrible forever through an expansion, most every spec has some point where they do ok. It's just it's a melee spec on a class which is now the most mobile ranged class in the game. Why would you swap out the utility of the best movement of anyone for a melee? Hunters are super handy for dealing with mechanics without losing damage.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    Huh. Y'know if I'd known that Mage Tower gives out buttloads of Apexis and these Mission Completion Orders instead of just being a glorified teleport service then I'd have made one sooner.

What's that naval mission for an heirloom ring? You want to take two days? Sure thing, let's load you up, ship you out, and you're done right now. Didn't even leave port, funny how that works.

Yup, although the mage tower didn't originally even have work orders, from what I understand. I finally built one earlier this year and was pleasantly surprised by those perks.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Correct. Originally all it got you was the ogre portals and the 100% crit rune that randomly appears nearby when fighting stuff.

Ran Karazhan, Throne of the Four Winds, Dragon Soul, Firelands, Ulduar, Icecrown Citadel, and Utgarde Pinnacle one last time before my subscription expired (about 30 minutes from now). Managed to get one mount out of it:

s67y2ji7nz5x.jpg

It'd be really nice if that luck carried over to Hallow's End next month. I really want the Headless Horseman's mount.

mill.jpg 318.1K
    edited September 2015
    Back when I played on Ravenholdt with some PA folks I remember scrambling to get my Paladin up to the level required to queue for HH during Wrath - I think it must have been 78 or something. The second I dinged I queued and got in immediately because Prot. It was my first time ever fighting HH and I got the mount.

I announced as much in /g and was promptly gkicked.

Similarly, after they removed the druid requirement to fight Anzu I killed him in what was literally my first time ever setting foot in that instance and got the mount.

I was gkicked for that one too.

Oh, Beasts of Unusual Size, I miss you and your comedy gkicks. :(

Dr_Keenbean on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Comedy gkicks are the best. My best was the time I made a wisecrack about a tank forgetting to equip his fire resist gear for FIREmaw and I got gkicked mid-fight.

edited September 2015
    They're probably less more funny now though, what with guild rep and all.

Dr_Keenbean on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Guild rep only gets messed up if you join a different guild.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    And they made it so when you switch guilds you just level down one rank of rep instead of starting from scratch, so you only have to grind back to exalted from revered instead of friendly

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/117357-brawlers-statue?bonusIDs=557

I think they might have forgotten to update the proc for the ilvl.

Yeah that had shockingly less bonus armor than the pure stat trinket I've got on my monk, and even when using it that's only a few point increase. Every two minutes. Meh.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Oh, I guess closed betas are going on for SC2? Just got an email

• SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    It also doesn't bind, so super useful for padding ilevel on alts.

Javen wrote: »
    Oh, I guess closed betas are going on for SC2? Just got an email

Yeah, got mine last week. Too bad I don't play multiplayer Starcraft!

The only comedy gkick I've gotten was when I had just joined a guild and five minutes later I fish up the Sea Turtle mount completely by accident.

Got Gorefiend down on our first raid night this week, gives us a whole week to work on Iskar/Soc/Fel Lord. Fuck I hate that dude though.

• NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    So I've been doing the shipyard idly since I'm close-ish on the ring. Just got the draenic sea chart without realizing thats what I was doing.

... that's ... that's the end of the shipyard, right? I can set it on fire now and send the ships out to be pirates and have a better life than I could ever give them?

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Nyht wrote: »
    So I've been doing the shipyard idly since I'm close-ish on the ring. Just got the draenic sea chart without realizing thats what I was doing.

... that's ... that's the end of the shipyard, right? I can set it on fire now and send the ships out to be pirates and have a better life than I could ever give them?

There are two heirloom rings and a couple of pets you can get too I think

I don't think the rings are real. If it's Left Sharks you're interested in, I have 5. 7, if you include my alts.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    There are three rings. Your weekly item upgrade mission is also at the Shipyard instead of a follower mission.

• CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I've got two of the rings but no Left Sharks (waits for a gkick from Lorahalo)....

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »

There are 3 heirloom rings, 1 pet, 1 mount, and 1 quest item to let you view the BMAH from your garrison. Also, the HFC cache.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »

And money I got a mission worth 2k gold last night. Basically after you get your sea chart just go yolo with your ships. Send them out on missions when you do your stuff and just don't care if they succeed or not. If they die rebuilding them is easy if they don't you can get some decent rewards for almost no effort.

Downside to building a Mage Tower is I have to go farm ogres for the damn stones.

Also my alts eternally thirst for oil because I don't want to do Tanaan dailies anymore. So I've swapped from requesting Treasure Hunters at the Inn to Greasemonkeys.

Madican wrote: »
    Downside to building a Mage Tower is I have to go farm ogres for the damn stones.

Also my alts eternally thirst for oil because I don't want to do Tanaan dailies anymore. So I've swapped from requesting Treasure Hunters at the Inn to Greasemonkeys.

In case you aren't aware of it already, one of the best places to farm ogres is in Frostfire Ridge, right by the mage tower portal. There's a group of ogres hanging out just south of it, and a camp of ogres up the hill. They're all level 90-91, so they die pretty quickly.

• Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    There is a cave right by the entrance to Gorgond (from frostfire) that has ogres that literally respawn faster than you can sweep the area.

I'll have to check those spots out then, thanks.

And you'll piss people leveling up way the hell off cause those are both bonus objective areas D:<

I don't kill things that fast as an undergeared Warlock. Now if it was my Death Knight with the Tower, then yeah I'd be scouring the entire area of ogres in seconds with judicious use of Gorefiend's Grasp and Howling BLAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGH!
    I will never tire of that joke.

Arthil wrote: »
    And you'll piss people leveling up way the hell off cause those are both bonus objective areas D:<

The place has almost always been dead on my server; if I see a low level person there, I usually leave and do something else.

• NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Back when I actually used the mage tower work orders I just soloed the trash in bloodmaul slag mines normal, it is really easy since you can just run around the small central circle clearing the trash and then going out and resetting.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Mc zany wrote: »
    There is a cave right by the entrance to Gorgond (from frostfire) that has ogres that literally respawn faster than you can sweep the area.

this spot is absurdly fantastic

I went there to complete the initial quest after making my Spirit Lodge - to collect 25 stones and activate the gate. After 15 minutes I had 150 stones. I've been there this morning for another 30 mins and got just over 200 stones.

This discussion has been closed.