As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Emergency Steam Thread

cB557cB557 voOOPRegistered User regular
Normally I'd wait for someone else to make the new thread seeing as I have no experience making good OPs, but it's been seven hours since the last thread closed and there is still no new one. So, screw it, have a new Steam thread, sorry about the bland OP.

Really hoping I there isn't already a new steam thread and I just keep missing it.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I fixed my Dying Light DLC problem; apparently if you are using the Steam beta client, there's a conflict where it won't download the "Bozak Horde" DLC and your download will hang indefinitely. Opting out of the beta client fixes the issue.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    We can make up for the bland OP by filling the thread with great content.

broken image link
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    faaaaart

broken image link
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I'm really bad at undertale's combat

like, I don't think I'm going to be able to get very far bad

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    well I started to play Payday 2 again and well it's the same old reasons why I quit the game in the first place
    But then I did get to level 6 infamy

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Brainleech wrote: »
    well I started to play Payday 2 again and well it's the same old reasons why I quit the game in the first place

If you've gotten to level 6 infamy you've played so much of that game that you shouldn't really need a reason to quit it. I think I played for a hundred hours and didn't hit infamy 1.

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Anyone playing Galactic Civilizations III? I've had my eye on it but I'm seeing a lot of mixed reviews.

Tube wrote: »

If you've gotten to level 6 infamy you've played so much of that game that you shouldn't really need a reason to quit it. I think I played for a hundred hours and didn't hit infamy 1.

I played it a ton 349 hours as of now but it's the players and their ideal of fun is what makes me quit playing it

My interest waned once the thrill of figuring out how to do the heists wore off. Unfortunately I took a break and by the time I came back my crew had moved on to doing things super efficiently. I couldn't really keep up, and it wasn't my favourite type of sausage any more.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I got the sad ending to Ronin last night

That's a fun, difficult little game

I dig it

I might try and go back and get the happy ending tonight

Or redo some of the levels I fucked up along the way so I have better abilities available

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    So from a PC gaming standpoint, is there any real difference between a 360 and xbone controller?

sig.gif
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Enc wrote: »
    Anyone playing Galactic Civilizations III? I've had my eye on it but I'm seeing a lot of mixed reviews.

I kinda want to try it but I have such a disgust for Brad Wardell I have trouble supporting them any more than I already have.

Moriveth on
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    So from a PC gaming standpoint, is there any real difference between a 360 and xbone controller?

I think the 360 controller is still more widely supported, and nobody really uses the bells and whistles on the Xbox One controller

plus if you ask me the xbox one controller is way worse than the 360 controller

man that thing sucks

6F32U1X.png
    My interest waned once the thrill of figuring out how to do the heists wore off. Unfortunately I took a break and by the time I came back my crew had moved on to doing things super efficiently. I couldn't really keep up, and it wasn't my favourite type of sausage any more.

I pug it
    Which is a common problem I have playing games online anymore

The Xbox One controller isn't fully supported by Windows yet apparently. I'd imagine that this plays out as "it works out fine", but 360 is still the standard. It'll be interesting to see how the Elite shakes out.

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    @mully @Rankenphile @Bohlder @Weaver @Mysst @Brovid Hasselsmof

The Long Dark got a new update about 5 or 6 days ago; we can now harvest and forge metal, there's a whole new zone and the UI got tweaked. I'm going in so wish me luck.

Edit: You can also have five save slots!

Darth Waiter on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I thought it was fully supported, it just wan't available as a wireless version.I could well be wrong though.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I've heard the Xbone controller is great for driving games, since they can do force feedback on the triggers.

Don't think the API for that is on the PC yet though.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    There's an official driver for it, but when I mean "supported" I mean "games all recognize and use it"

6F32U1X.png
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Yeah I don't really have any problems using my XB1 controllers on my PC. I can't say much about the dynamic trigger feedback and such, but it works exactly like a 360 controller otherwise.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    I've heard the Xbone controller is great for driving games, since they can do force feedback on the triggers.

Does that mean they can make it literally harder to brake when you're going really fast?

The Elite controller does have some crazy shit on it, if those features are supported on PC I might get one as a luxury item.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I have both, I prefer the feel of the XBone controller, the bumbers and dpad are much better for example. The weakness is that the micro usb connection is a bit temperamental and can come unseated, usually right when you don't want it to. Hopefully the wireless dongle coming out later in the year will fix that problem though.

*e*
    It's also as fully supported as the 360 pad is, I've not encountered a game that didn't recognise it at least.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    The Elite controller does have some crazy shit on it, if those features are supported on PC I might get one as a luxury item.

The announcement for it specifically said it's for Xbox One and Windows 10. Apparently there's going to be some kind of settings app that won't be available on older Windows versions.

The kicker for me will be fighting games. If the swappable d pad can work as well as a fight pad, I'll buy one.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

Does that mean they can make it literally harder to brake when you're going really fast?

I don't think it can actually push back that hard, but it's supposed to give you a better idea of when your car has traction or is slipping.

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    The kicker for me will be fighting games. If the swappable d pad can work as well as a fight pad, I'll buy one.

I didn't get to use it actively, but I had one hands on for a bit a few months ago. It feels great and I think that d-pad + rear button paddles will make for good fighting mans.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    The Xbox 360 controller is so well supported, I can actually use it to play Xbox One games when I stream them to my PC. It's crazy.

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    The 360 controller isn't my favorite, but it damn sure is my most useful.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    the 360 controller is just how I play games now. It's part of the ecosystem.

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    After my 360 wireless controller PC adapter died, I opted for an Xbox One controller and haven't run into any issues with it on Windows 7.

It has worked very well with my games so far.

I went with this over another adapter because micro USB cables are easier to replace.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I really like the Dualshock 4. I wish I didn't have to trick my computer into thinking it's a 360 controller in order to use it, though.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• VicVic Registered User regular
    Undertale is incredible. I'm not sure I've ever smiled and laughed as much in a game ever before. You should all buy it!

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    The Xbox One controller isn't fully supported by Windows yet apparently. I'd imagine that this plays out as "it works out fine", but 360 is still the standard. It'll be interesting to see how the Elite shakes out.

Is that the metal parts thing? It's ridiculous!

If my current 360 pad should die on me, I got my eyes on Valve's controller for sure

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• JavenJaven Registered User regular

In what way? The drivers only come standard for Windows 10, but you can download the drivers from the xbox website for 7 or 8. I used a 360 controller until the analog bugged out and would default to pointing up, so I got an xbox one controller just because I'm probably going to get the console at some point. It was very much plug and play with no issues to speak of.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

I pug it
    Which is a common problem I have playing games online anymore

I think it's so weird that people dislike pugs. I've almost always had awesome experiences with them

JtgVX0H.png
    Javen wrote: »

In what way? The drivers only come standard for Windows 10, but you can download the drivers from the xbox website for 7 or 8. I used a 360 controller until the analog bugged out and would default to pointing up, so I got an xbox one controller just because I'm probably going to get the console at some point. It was very much plug and play with no issues to speak of.

I've never actually plugged one in, so I don't know. All I know is a while ago I was looking to buy a new controller and everywhere said the 360 controller had better support.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Just a heads up, the Total War Humble Bundle just added the Shogun 2 and Napoleon collections, which are probably the best games Creative Assembly have ever made plus basically all the DLC for them

And for fifteen bucks you get all that plus Rome 2 and a bunch of its DLC

This bundle might be one of the craziest I've seen in terms of sheer bang for your buck value

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    The one controller is way better for any game that requires the d-pad because the 360 one is a burning trash pile, while the one is totally acceptable.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
This discussion has been closed.