As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] DEATHRATTLE: POST IN NEW THREAD!

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    face hunter. FACE HUNTERRRR!!

these warlocks know what they did to deserve it.

Lucedes on
  • HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I wonder how an all-weapons Warrior would fare in this Brawl. Using weapons to clear board has the twin advantage of clearing board and lowering your own health to re-populate board. Although, the hero power would be actively detrimental.

Weapon Rogue with as many removals as possible.

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Armor counts?! WTF!!!

Edit: Ahahaha, Freeze Mage is funny in this. Go ahead, lower your health. Get those free minions. Dooooo it.

hippofant on
  • pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    My brawl was a fun one. I played zoolock against a rogue and the brawl effect only triggered once since we were both actively taking damage every turn. It's fun constantly trying to balance damaging yourself with being so low you can get OTK'd.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    The summoned creatures only seem to be cost 2 or 3, it's not enough to carry you all game long.

Is anybody else ONLY getting 2-drops from the Brawl? Is this a bug?

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Someone mentioned it was only 2-3 drops?

But yeah why not just a burn deck. SHAMAN SHALL SHINE!!!!!

SHAMIIIIINNNNEEEE!!!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    Armor counts?! WTF!!!

Edit: Ahahaha, Freeze Mage is funny in this. Go ahead, lower your health. Get those free minions. Dooooo it.

This is the most fun I've ever had playing Freeze. If only ladder could also be 100% Handlock.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    That feel when the enemy swings their 2/1 into your Knife Juggler, but your Noble Sacrifice goes off and the Defender triggers Knife Juggler to kill their 2/1 before it attacks.
    Ha-ha! I lived!

TL published their first power rank of the expansion.

Patron, Druid, Handlock, Secrets, Ctrl War are their top 5.

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »

It's funny how Handlock gets 4 people (66% of the votes) putting it at 3rd spot but because Firebat put it at 12 it drops to 4th in favour of secrets paladin who 4 people put at rank four or worse.

They should maybe work on their weighting of scores, perhaps get rid of the top and bottom scores of the 6 and give an average of the four remaining to get the score for ranking by.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
    hippofant wrote: »
    Armor counts?! WTF!!!

This is the most fun I've ever had playing Freeze. If only ladder could also be 100% Handlock.

There's definitely a very interesting meta building up around this Brawl.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    All Rogues have changed to Face Rogue it seems.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

it's great, there are so many variations of each deck and they breakdown what they are and who made them, how they're performing... it totally outshines tempo storm's (which I do look at nowadays especially cause liquidhearth hadn't done one) in almost every way.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    yeah i played an enemy priest who had lightwardens, lotn, the new 3/5 with the same effect, and flash heals to keep my health high, and his lower, while pumping his creatures until he got to lethal range

it didn't work but it almost did

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Played a game of chicken Priest for this brawl. I got lucky and had two lights of Naaru as well as a Zombie Chow. So T1 Zombie, T2 Attack. T3 Attack/Naaru. T4 Attack/2nd naaru/heal, and so on. Basically it was a question of how high I could buff up my Naarus and kill him before getting they died to a SW:D or something.

It ended up with him putting out his own Naaru on his last turn, healing himself a bunch and then putting Power Word: Glory on my Naaru. I killed him with a 22 power Naaru and a Shrinkmeister for exact lethal.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    I just went pure spell/freeze mage. My opponent was so focused on keeping his health low and putting out zombies to heal me that they forgot what fireball and pyroblast can do to their health. Also helped that at one point they summoned a doomsayer.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I've been refining this deck now for the past week and its finally in a good place. Early on it was a mess, but I've been slowly adding and removing stuff and I think I finally have it pretty solid. I've beat Mech Mage, Control Warrior, Oil Rogue, and Mech Warrior today. It's basically a stall/control Paladin.

Clear:
    Equality + Consecrate/Wild Pyromancer
    Enter the Colisseum (this combos really well with all the humility effects)
    Humility/Aldor+ Stampeding Kodo (should I add a second one of these? I took one out because they weren't as great as I wanted. It turns into more of a lategame kill the big thing after I've wiped their board)

Stall:
    Blessing of Wisdom
    Humility
    Aldor Peacekeeper
    Senjin
    Sludge
    Coghammer + Anything

Heal:
    Antique Healbot
    TrueSilver
    Tuskarr
    LoH

Finishers;
    Rag
    Dr. Boom

Draw:
    Blessing of Wisdom
    LoH

I want to add a Tirion (would need to craft) but I'm not sure what I'd replace for it. Thoughts on this deck?

5iock8z4r8q7.jpg

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I've been refining this deck now for the past week and its finally in a good place. Early on it was a mess, but I've been slowly adding and removing stuff and I think I finally have it pretty solid. I've beat Mech Mage, Control Warrior, Oil Rogue, and Mech Warrior today. It's basically a stall/control Paladin.

Clear:
    Humility/Aldor+ Stampeding Kodo (should I add a second one of these? I took one out because they weren't as great as I wanted. It turns into more of a lategame kill the big thing after I've wiped their board)

Stall:
    Blessing of Wisdom
    Humility
    Aldor Peacekeeper
    Senjin
    Sludge
    Coghammer + Anything

Heal:
    Antique Healbot
    TrueSilver
    Tuskarr
    LoH

Finishers;
    Rag
    Dr. Boom

Draw:
    Blessing of Wisdom
    LoH

I want to add a Tirion (would need to craft) but I'm not sure what I'd replace for it. Thoughts on this deck?

Interesting idea.

I'd cut one Tuskarr and one Coghammer for double Zombie Chows, though. You definitely want that early game body to deal with aggression. For Tirion, you'd probably just cut Ragnaros, honestly.

Maybe find a way to get a 2nd Kodo. Humility+Kodo is a really strong removal combo. Kodo itself is a great anti-aggro card anyway.

I'd possibly consider cutting Sen'jins for Piloted Shredders. They deal with the board better and they're sticky minions in general. Maybe one of each though.

Edit: Heck I'd even consider trying to get Muster For Battle in there. You're really lacking an early game/ways to interact with the board, doesn't seem like you can really do anything til Turn 4. Muster and Zombie Chows would help a lot I think.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Yeah cutting rag is the obvious choice

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    Dibby wrote: »

Clear:

Stall:
    Blessing of Wisdom
    Humility
    Aldor Peacekeeper
    Senjin
    Sludge
    Coghammer + Anything

Heal:
    Antique Healbot
    TrueSilver
    Tuskarr
    LoH

Finishers;
    Rag
    Dr. Boom

Draw:
    Blessing of Wisdom
    LoH

Interesting idea.

I'd cut one Tuskarr and one Coghammer for double Zombie Chows, though. You definitely want that early game body to deal with aggression. For Tirion, you'd probably just cut Ragnaros, honestly.

Maybe find a way to get a 2nd Kodo. Humility+Kodo is a really strong removal combo. Kodo itself is a great anti-aggro card anyway.

I'd possibly consider cutting Sen'jins for Piloted Shredders. They deal with the board better and they're sticky minions in general. Maybe one of each though.

Edit: Heck I'd even consider trying to get Muster For Battle in there. You're really lacking an early game/ways to interact with the board, doesn't seem like you can really do anything til Turn 4. Muster and Zombie Chows would help a lot I think.

I don't want the Zombie Chows because they screw up my Tuskarr rolls. I started with 2x Shielded Minibot but too often it ruined my Joust. This deck almost always wins the Tuskarr jousts which it needs to do in order to stabilize mid-game. They are MVPs in this deck. I used to have Muster but it didn't help at all with what this deck wants to do. It was nice to combo with equality, but more often than not it didn't fit with what I was trying to do. This deck needs taunt and Senjins are pretty awesome for that. But I'll play with a couple Piloted Shredders in place and see how that feels.

Surprisingly enough, the lack of early game interaction is ok? I mean I humility some stuff and hit things with weapons, then -boom- board clear and the game is hand with all the healing I have backing me up. Its really really hard for any aggro/midrange deck to recover once I clear and start putting healing+threat/taunt on the board. I mean, its even hard for Control to deal with it. I took a FULL Control Warrior to fatigue and still had stuff on the board when he ran out of cards.

I wonder if I should double down on joust and include the taunt guy that gets divine shield in place of the Senjins?
    KetBra wrote: »

Cutting the rag for Tirion? I thought that as well and if I did that should I also go ahead and get rid of Dr Boom for something else to make the deck BGH proof?

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

Man I was THIS close to beating someone with a legendary cardback with my demonlock deck.

We were almost to fatigue but blah, he was running double combo :(
    (had to waste his first combo on my dominant board)

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

Clear:

Stall:
    Blessing of Wisdom
    Humility
    Aldor Peacekeeper
    Senjin
    Sludge
    Coghammer + Anything

Heal:
    Antique Healbot
    TrueSilver
    Tuskarr
    LoH

Finishers;
    Rag
    Dr. Boom

Draw:
    Blessing of Wisdom
    LoH

Interesting idea.

I don't want the Zombie Chows because they screw up my Tuskarr rolls. I started with 2x Shielded Minibot but too often it ruined my Joust. This deck almost always wins the Tuskarr jousts which it needs to do in order to stabilize mid-game. They are MVPs in this deck. I used to have Muster but it didn't help at all with what this deck wants to do. It was nice to combo with equality, but more often than not it didn't fit with what I was trying to do. This deck needs taunt and Senjins are pretty awesome for that. But I'll play with a couple Piloted Shredders in place and see how that feels.

Surprisingly enough, the lack of early game interaction is ok? I mean I humility some stuff and hit things with weapons, then -boom- board clear and the game is hand with all the healing I have backing me up. Its really really hard for any aggro/midrange deck to recover once I clear and start putting healing+threat/taunt on the board. I mean, its even hard for Control to deal with it. I took a FULL Control Warrior to fatigue and still had stuff on the board when he ran out of cards.

I wonder if I should double down on joust and include the taunt guy that gets divine shield in place of the Senjins?

Cutting the rag for Tirion? I thought that as well and if I did that should I also go ahead and get rid of Dr Boom for something else to make the deck BGH proof?

Nah you absolutely want to keep Dr. Boom in. Yes, he's a BGH target, but he's 100% worth it. There's no guarantee they'll even have the BGH either. If they do, welp.

Toying around with Master Jouster might not be a bad idea either, could try that, maybe as a one-of.

And now that I think of it, maybe Refreshment Vendor is an option too. Nice midgame drop, good stats, decent heal.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    edited September 2015

Clear:

Stall:
    Blessing of Wisdom
    Humility
    Aldor Peacekeeper
    Senjin
    Sludge
    Coghammer + Anything

Heal:
    Antique Healbot
    TrueSilver
    Tuskarr
    LoH

Finishers;
    Rag
    Dr. Boom

Draw:
    Blessing of Wisdom
    LoH

Interesting idea.

Nah you absolutely want to keep Dr. Boom in. Yes, he's a BGH target, but he's 100% worth it. There's no guarantee they'll even have the BGH either. If they do, welp.

Toying around with Master Jouster might not be a bad idea either, could try that, maybe as a one-of.

And now that I think of it, maybe Refreshment Vendor is an option too. Nice midgame drop, good stats, decent heal.

Funny enough I had Refreshment Vendors in there earlier but he wasnt pulling his weight. I think hed be a great re- add now that I have coghammers in there.

ObiFett on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    wrynn seems to have established itself as worth crafting. I like the control warrior with no acolytes, double brawl, and wrynn. I think that's pretty cool.

wish I had made him instead of palestress. I think the only way to be truly satisfied with dust spending after an expansion is to just not play anything new and fun for like a month. and honestly I'd rather waste dust or have cards I don't use/dust later than just not try em out.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I would never have crafted Paletress, but I opened her and turns out she's actually pretty good. :shrug:

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    This week's Brawl took me 4-5 times to win as a Priest (double Priest quests). But it was worth it....

1wqyf16v228q.png

King Mukla and a second Kidnapper? Thanks Blizz!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page

Clear:

Stall:
    Blessing of Wisdom
    Humility
    Aldor Peacekeeper
    Senjin
    Sludge
    Coghammer + Anything

Heal:
    Antique Healbot
    TrueSilver
    Tuskarr
    LoH

Finishers;
    Rag
    Dr. Boom

Draw:
    Blessing of Wisdom
    LoH

Interesting idea.

Edit: Heck I'd even consider get Muster For Battle in there. You're really lacking an early game/ways to interact with the board, doesn't seem like you can really do anything til Turn 4. Muster and Zombie Chows would help a lot I think.

My main issue is that if I'm gonna do this deck right I think I need Eadric and Tirion. But that means I'd be committing 3k dust to an idea. I wish there was a "proxy" gamemode that let me play with every card against AI or something.

I want to play full gold Patron, but golden Gnomish Inventor is Priest 57/58. I don't have that level of masochism.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I want to play full gold Patron, but golden Gnomish Inventor is Priest 57/58. I don't have that level of masochism.

join usssssssssssss

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    I really didnt like this brawl but the pack had Tirion in it wich I was considering crafting so yay me I guess!

• webberwebber Registered User regular
    I've been playing Kripparrian's Silence Druid deck. It's pretty fun.

It does well against a lot of the aggro and mid-range decks. Big control decks can punish you if you don't get a good card draw.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I think priest was my first 60. Now I'm close on druid and warrior (57 and 59 or so) but still miles to go on rogue and Hunter. The latter isn't even 50 yet. (I have the other classes)

Still no gold heroes because lol arena.

Grobian on
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Been jumping back into hearthstone after months of not paying attention to it. Ahh, the fun times.

This brawl was interesting though I really liked the unstable portal last week. Made a mage deck to play and went against a shaman. He hit me a couple of times so I was able to get random minions, then used those to clear his board till I got enough stable minions I could buff. Everyone else i've seen has been doing warlock shennaigans in the brawl, haha.

Also, added myself to the friends list.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    The reason for this deck idea is because I can't get past rank 18 with my control hunter deck so I'm looking for a alternative.
    So we can all agree that Hunter has the most destructive of all the hero powers. what if I can use that destructive hero power to power up my minions at the same time?

I call this one inspire hunter (not pictured are 2 hunter marks and 1 King Krush)

A- does this kind of deck already exist?
    B- any suggestions/improvements?
    C- feel free to carry this into the next thread.

inspire%20hunter_zpsuko3p0mk.png

zllehs on
    Most Inspire cards suck, I wouldn't try to build a deck around the mechanic.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    A beasty deck is a much better option if you want to play a slower Hunter deck, Ram Wrangler is legit (sometimes).

Someday Control Hunter will be viable and we'll be here complaining about Emperor into Tundra Rhino + Ghaz + Arcane Shots.

Someday Control Hunter will be viable and we'll be here complaining about Emperor into Tundra Rhino + Ghaz + Arcane Shots.

I've had enough games where I played a two-mana highmane thanks to call pet that I'm already sickened (and it doesn't even happen that often)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    djFindus wrote: »
    I really didnt like this brawl but the pack had Tirion in it wich I was considering crafting so yay me I guess!

I actually really like this Brawl? Whether intentional or not, their limiting the free minion to 2-mana or 3-mana limits the RNGness of it - unlike, say, Portals. It keys of your life, so there are some interesting things you can do - like pinging yourself, or hitting for face damage when unnecessary - that wouldn't normally be viable plays. And there seem to be 2 archetypes developing in the meta for the brawl - take damage yourself and get those free minions, or control the board and then burst down your low-life opponent.

And shit gets really wacky when it's two of the same archetype facing off. I've had games where I'm like... I could play this Whirling Zap-o-matic on 2, but I don't want to because it's a Rogue and she probably wants to take the 3 damage, and I don't have the cards to back up a tempo play, so instead I'm going to totem and play for a later burst using Bloodlust. (I lost that game, partially because my opponent was playing a TON of taunts, but also I accidentally hit face with my Arcane Nullifier BEFORE my Powermace, costing me 2 damage, which was 1 more than I needed next turn, with Fire Elemental in hand :( )