As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What game will the SE++ Game Club play next? Turns out it's Spec Ops! New topic Oct. 2!

WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPEDRegistered User regular
edited September 2015 in Social Entropy++
Let's pick a fun game to play together.

dN0T6ur.png
Wyborn on

What game will the SE++ Game Club play next? Turns out it's Spec Ops! New topic Oct. 2! 96 votes

Final Fantasy Tactics
22%
webberJavenSeattle ThreadSilverWindrhylithmrpakuXaquinNarbusNaphtaliGoose!robotbeeDidgeridooMidniteEncfurlionSLyMNogginKamiroPsykomaFleur de Alys 22 votes
Final Fantasy 5
8%
Andy JoeturtleantYukiraPlatyTheodore FlooseveltBlackhawk1313OmnipotentBagelCromarty 8 votes
Spec Ops: The Line
11%
A duck!FaranguTheySlashThemdarleysamA Dabble Of TheloniusRadiusMundaneSoulVegemyteTefJusticeforPlutoThe Escape Goat 11 votes
Final Fantasy 8
9%
RenzocaptainkGroveJunpeiSatanic JesusMr. GDesert Leviathan21stCenturyWyvern 9 votes
Marathon
6%
WhippyMachwingBahamutZEROa5ehrenJarscB557 6 votes
Wolfenstein the New Order
9%
One Thousand CablesVeldrinJoeUserMaximum-TalBluedude152chiasaur11EtchwartsMadican 9 votes
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
2%
Clint Eastwoodsarukun 2 votes
Thief: Deadly Shadows
10%
Devlin_DragonusAtari SoulTallahasseerielBlake TLorahaloStiltssimulacrumWeedLordVegetaBotznoyVerminion 10 votes
Wonderful 101
10%
MulysaSemproniusRaijin QuickfootBlueBluePeewiSpeed RacerRainfallDaebunzmasterofmetroidSCREECH OF THE FARGIlpala 10 votes
Other (please post your vote)
9%
FANTOMASKwoaruFuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudChincymcchillaKochikensDonovan PuppyfuckerXehalusDaypigeonbuilderr0r 9 votes

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    where's the option for a good game

liEt3nH.png
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    The SE++ Game Club is a nice little thing where anybody can join in and have a fun time playing a video game at a relaxed, leisurely pace, with a schedule set to allow adults to have fun without stressing too much.

So we just wrapped up our FF12 playthrough! That was really fun and we had some good conversations out of it.

So we're going to have another playthrough - maybe starting soon! We'll see!

Anybody can vote, and when it's done anybody can play. Whatever wins this poll, we'll all play it together and talk about it! It's great fun. Please feel free to participate.

These are all just suggestions made by other forumers. If you have a game idea that's not on the poll here, just select "Other" and then post what you want us to play. If enough people agree with you, that's what we'll get into! Any game is eligible.

Let's pick a fun game to play together.

That would be the "Other" option if none of those games appeal to you!

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

wolfenstein is right there

PNk1Ml4.png
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Spec Ops: The Line
    where's the option for a really bad game

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Desert Bus

Radius wrote: »
    where's the option for a really bad game

This would also be the "Other" box

dN0T6ur.png
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I was very much hoping ff9 would be on there

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    let's play TERA: The Exiled Realm of Aborea together

liEt3nH.png

This is also what the "Other" button is for

dN0T6ur.png
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Final Fantasy Tactics

I played through it recently, but I'll be honest; I'd play it again

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I have voted other and would like to play final fantasy 9

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    I didn't realize FFT was available on android devices! That sure is convenient.

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    I do like Tactics though, because it's available on a variety of devices, and there's lots to do between sessions for those who feel like it.

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Wonderful 101
    I could really go for W101, I've been jonesing for a new CAG(lol like I'll ever be done with DMC4 and Bayonetta 2)

• DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    you should have had a primary election, apparently (this is a cool idea and i wish i had some of these games. also time)

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    I've never played Tactics before! I've heard it's good, though. Has some killer music, as displayed in Theatrhythm

I really wish Tactics Ogre was on Android

If I believed I could push for Ogre Battle 64, I would do it in a heartbeat. Horrible translation but still a spectacular game that I love way too much. And it's all Matsuno, the guy behind FF12!
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    you should have had a primary election, apparently (this is a cool idea and i wish i had some of these games. also time)

We make schedules specifically to help accommodate people who don't have a ton of time! FF12 was spaced out over twelve weeks, including one week that was just for catch-up and sidequests, specifically so that people could go through at a pace good for them and still keep up (mostly)

dN0T6ur.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Final Fantasy 5
    Gonna wate till voting is almost closed and them pitch my vote at FF5 or FF8, whichever is ahead.

I'm preeeeety sure FFT or theif is gonna win though.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    I really enjoyed the FF12 play through although I did not contribute to the thread very much. FFT gets my vote. Top 5 game of all time.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    FFT feels like it would be a good fit because there's side stuff available for those who like that sort of thing, and there's a finite number of 'story' battles, so partitioning them into chapters is easy

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Marathon
    -Tal wrote: »

marathon is right there

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

marathon is right there

As much as I like Marathon (and man, I could talk for hours about Marathon), Wolfenstein: The New Order is even better.

Of course, they both let you walk through a hallway with a shotgun in each hand reducing all and sundry to component particles, so, you know. That's fun.

(I'm thinking FPS since those are shorter. Kind of a breather between massive RPGs)

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Marathon
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »

marathon is right there

As much as I like Marathon (and man, I could talk for hours about Marathon), Wolfenstein: The New Order is even better.

Of course, they both let you walk through a hallway with a shotgun in each hand reducing all and sundry to component particles, so, you know. That's fun.

(I'm thinking FPS since those are shorter. Kind of a breather between massive RPGs)
    yes but I already have marathon so errybody vote marathon

• DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I really wish Tactics Ogre was on Android

If I believed I could push for Ogre Battle 64, I would do it in a heartbeat. Horrible translation but still a spectacular game that I love way too much. And it's all Matsuno, the guy behind FF12!
    Daypigeon wrote: »

We make schedules specifically to help accommodate people who don't have a ton of time! FF12 was spaced out over twelve weeks, including one week that was just for catch-up and sidequests, specifically so that people could go through at a pace good for them and still keep up (mostly)

oh i mean it's a good system

i just felt like saying that, but also whining

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I voted for Path of Radiance cuz I want to buy that, but I have never played Tactics and am happy that it is up there on the votes.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    I voted for Path of Radiance cuz I want to buy that, but I have never played Tactics and am happy that it is up there on the votes.

The words of a man who hasn't looked at the secondhand prices lately.

shadow hearts covenant

liEt3nH.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Marathon
    I'm gonna say marathon because I haven't played it before, it's free I think? and I'm kind of interested in it, and doing a bunch of FFs in a row would pigeonhole this into being the final fantasy club.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • MachwingMachwing It looks like a harmless old computer, doesn't it? Left in this cave to rot ... or to flower!Registered User regular
    Marathon
    oh heck yes y'all should play through Marathon

but uhhh play through the whole trilogy please! It's pretty short by modern standards and the 2nd/3rd games are waaaaay more interesting to discuss

l3icwZV.png
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »

The words of a man who hasn't looked at the secondhand prices lately.

Wait, Path of Radiance is the GC FE, isn't it?

I already own that.

And it's with my GameCube

in America.

I still wanna play it again, buuuuuuuut I should probably change my vote, since I can't actually go home and get my GC until December.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Oh God

We're gonna be playing another long-ass RPG, aren't we?

Everyone vote for Thief or you're dead to me

IKknkhU.gif
    edited September 2015
    Also because I want to force Wyborn to talk about something that isn't a) a JRPG or b) Zelda for once

EDIT: Though, honestly, Wolfenstein would be pretty great, too

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    Marathon
    thief would be my second choice after marathon
    why hasn't vanilla implemented ranked choice voting yet?! shitty vendor omg

BahamutZERO.gif
    thief would be my second choice after marathon
    why hasn't vanilla implemented ranked choice voting yet?! shitty vendor omg

Yeah, I kinda wish we did a ranking poll, but that would require use to use a third party online poll

And I can understand why Wyborn might not want to expend that much effort on it

IKknkhU.gif
    honestly a firm decisive poll is better for these sorts of thing because otherwise no consensus will ever be reached

everyone has their personal dog in their race and if their doghorse doesn't get picked they'll be dissatisfied, just make it as open and shut as possible

liEt3nH.png
    Marathon
    an elegant metaphor

BahamutZERO.gif
    it's as elegant as shadow hearts from the new world is the only correct choice

liEt3nH.png
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I love a lot of the games on that list, but I'd be super interested in seeing how differently everyone goes about playing Thief. Finding secrets, doing bonus objectives (the harder difficulties add extra objectives, it's actually really neat), all that cool stuff. Go undetected or knock out guards in your way? Could be cool.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I chose thief because the bulk of the chatter about ff12 was story oriented

While it's definitely possible to have engaging conversations about thief's plot I wanted us to dig into the incredible care taken to design the game's levels and encounters

It is also the cheapest game on the lis outside of marathon, and would take 9 weeks at the most

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Which Final Fantasy Tactics game would it be?