As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Solium Infernum III: Now is the burning hellfire of our discontent

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    BigBadWolf wrote: »
    So the lesson I should learn is attack everyone before you starting investing all that tribute? I'll get right on that...

No no, I have lower charisma and rank this time around. Don't worry about it.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    @jakobagger aggressive start eh?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    @jakobagger aggressive start eh?

That place of power was mine!

• BigBadWolfBigBadWolf Grandma's HouseRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    More players is a whole new dynamic. 2 turns in and people are already butting heads!

BigBadWolf on
    What did I do to cause all this ire?!

MhCw7nZ.gif
    So someones bought a +3 ranged, +3 melee praetor.
    And someone purchased the x3 praetor attribute artifact.

I really, really hope they're not the same person...

What did I do to cause all this ire?!

Maybe you should share the place of power? You get it during the week and jakobagger gets it at weekends?

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    So someones bought a +3 ranged, +3 melee praetor.
    And someone purchased the x3 praetor attribute artifact.

I really, really hope they're not the same person...

Or that one doesn't steal the other.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Despite my best efforts in terms of changing things up I am having the same issue I was last game re: streaky tribute. We'll hope it keeps up less long this time.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

One of you guys/gals/androgynous hellspawn accidentally replied all with their turn.

I don't think it's possible to do anything underhanded with it though?

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »
    One of you guys/gals/androgynous hellspawn accidentally replied all with their turn.

I don't think it's possible to do anything underhanded with it though?

If so, it sounds too much like work to figure it out.

There's no in-game way to exploit it. Maybe if you somehow looked into the code, but that's a lot of effort to cheat at a game.

If you were really interested in cheating I think I read that you can pull your enemies' stats and orders out of it. Possibly even just from the .sav file.

The easiest way of cheating is of course to host. There's nothing at all but my honesty stopping me from re-running the turns over and over until I get a result I like.

But really, where's the fun in any of that?

MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited September 2015
    Or if you wanted to be really sneaky, send one version to JamWarrior and a completely different version to everyone else by 'accident'...

Is it normal for that to be my first thought? I sometimes worry my brain is too twisty for its own good.

BigBadWolf on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Or if you wanted to be really sneaky, send one version to JamWarrior and a completely different version to everyone else by 'accident'...

Is it normal for that to be my first thought? I sometimes worry my brain is too twisty for its own good.

You'd have to blind cc everyone to the email for that to work though, otherwise JamWarrior would wonder which version is correct or everyone else would wonder why JamWarrior wasn't sent the email.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I like that you are all in the spirit of the game and trying to figure out all the ways to cheat your way to victory. Totally hypothetically of course....

discrider wrote: »

You'd have to blind cc everyone to the email for that to work though, otherwise JamWarrior would wonder which version is correct or everyone else would wonder why JamWarrior wasn't sent the email.

And Jam Warrior now knows why I send him at least 2 copies of every turn!

Still mine!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    *Beats head on desk anticipating that everyone is gonna buy all the cool stuff first.*

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Still mine!

Apparently I'm still bad at this game!

Really overestimated how easily I could take you.

edited September 2015
    It's hard to pull much of a fast one on people as they always get two turns to prepare.

Like later on if I'm trying spin multiple plates it might be difficult, but here I'm defending the one thing I've got, it's fairly easy to concentrate resources.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    It's hard to pull much of a fast one on people as they always get two turns to prepare.

Yeah, that's something I somehow am struggling to remember/understand at an intuitive level, even though I have read the rules for diplomacy.

But it's interesting and feels thematic for arrogant noble lords who are nominally sort of on the same side.

Auralynx wrote: »
    *Beats head on desk anticipating that everyone is gonna buy all the cool stuff first.*

The nice thing about the bazaar is that there is always more cool stuff! Every time somethings purchased, something is added to replace it - first thing I do when I see somethings been bought is check the bazaar to see whats new. Of course this means you may buy something cool, only for something much better to replace it - and now you have no tribute to pay for it...

Auralynx wrote: »

The nice thing about the bazaar is that there is always more cool stuff! Every time somethings purchased, something is added to replace it - first thing I do when I see somethings been bought is check the bazaar to see whats new. Of course this means you may buy something cool, only for something much better to replace it - and now you have no tribute to pay for it...

Currently "you have no tribute to pay for it," is a constant state of affairs. The RNG does not like me.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Yessssssssss.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    [Incoherent screams of rage]

• CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    What happened?

After a few turns of cold war in my ill-advised vendetta against Jam Warrior,where I was mostly standing around trying to gather the resources I'd need to be able to do much of anything, my starting legion died to JW's affliction rituals.

Well the good news is it will eventually regenerate. The bad news is it will be weaker than before.

Well the good news is it will eventually regenerate. The bad news is it will be weaker than before.

Yes, the weakening is the worst. Also, as I remember it from last game, regeneration can take a long ass time.

jakobagger wrote: »

Yes, the weakening is the worst. Also, as I remember it from last game, regeneration can take a long ass time.

It's tied to your rank.

So, what do people think of the current offerings in the bazaar?

I want to buy all of them?

Heh. Hurr durr how I ritual.

Rituals are... inconsistent. Last game I must have flung at least 10 destruction rituals at people (mainly MrBody). Exactly 2 of them hit- and that was with 4 destruction.

So, if anyone else is interested, Jam Warrior is a coward who never showed up to single combat.

Make of that what you will.

Rituals are... inconsistent. Last game I must have flung at least 10 destruction rituals at people (mainly MrBody). Exactly 2 of them hit- and that was with 4 destruction.

When 2 destruction rituals can kill a legion, I should hope they would be that hard to land.

Also on my hope list: that blasted elephant not showing up.

And someone's hit reply all again!

Capfalcon wrote: »
    So, if anyone else is interested, Jam Warrior is a coward who never showed up to single combat.

Make of that what you will.

I made 7 prestige refusing your demand. It cost 3 refusing your little fight. Simply wasn't worth my time.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Damn you capfalcon!