As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Emergency Steam Thread

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    It's an origin game, but when I bought it in a Humble Bundle I thought was a steam game so it counts ( also, screw ever having an Origin thread)

I got new video card a bit ago, and it feels like a cheat code.

When I was learning and getting good at Plants vs Zombies garden warfare,I was using a total junk video card, people would be invisible for half the match sometimes, had to lead shots like 4-5 seconds in advance etc, still powered through and got good.

Then new video card arrived, holy cow, I can see people, I can shoot at where I'm aiming. I constantly get called a Hacking [insert slur here]

It's amazing what a difference being able to see the other people in a multiplayer shooter makes!
    and now stuff like this happens in Team Deathmatch

adk1o8jrxk3s.jpg

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Just a heads up, the Total War Humble Bundle just added the Shogun 2 and Napoleon collections, which are probably the best games Creative Assembly have ever made plus basically all the DLC for them

And for fifteen bucks you get all that plus Rome 2 and a bunch of its DLC

This bundle might be one of the craziest I've seen in terms of sheer bang for your buck value

Damn that is good, still hard to top the Game Maker bundle a few weeks ago tho, that had over 1000$ in programs for 15$

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Oddworld: Abe's odyssey can be claimed for free on steam for the next 24 hours

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    It's an origin game, but when I bought it in a Humble Bundle I thought was a steam game so it counts ( also, screw ever having an Origin thread)

I got new video card a bit ago, and it feels like a cheat code.

When I was learning and getting good at Plants vs Zombies garden warfare,I was using a total junk video card, people would be invisible for half the match sometimes, had to lead shots like 4-5 seconds in advance etc, still powered through and got good.

Then new video card arrived, holy cow, I can see people, I can shoot at where I'm aiming. I constantly get called a Hacking [insert slur here]

It's amazing what a difference being able to see the other people in a multiplayer shooter makes!
    and now stuff like this happens in Team Deathmatch

adk1o8jrxk3s.jpg

It's like the video game equivalent of training with weighted clothing.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Just a heads up, the Total War Humble Bundle just added the Shogun 2 and Napoleon collections, which are probably the best games Creative Assembly have ever made plus basically all the DLC for them

And for fifteen bucks you get all that plus Rome 2 and a bunch of its DLC

This bundle might be one of the craziest I've seen in terms of sheer bang for your buck value

It is really almost too much game. I used to play Medieval II a lot, but none of the other games ever hit for me. Not sure why. But I dropped at least 50 hours into Medieval II, and could have done much more.

Yeah, out of that bundle, which games do I actually want to play? Like what's the best experience for Total War for someone who has really only played the original Shogun?

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I've only owned Rome 1 or Shogun 2, but I'd definitely recommend either of them - out of Shogun , Rome, and Shogun 2, Shogun 2 is the one I've played enough to actually beat (which was a ton of time goddamn). Rome 2 I played ~24 hours of during one of those free weekends, just been waiting for it to drop to a low enough price + for me to have enough free time for it to be worth it, so I'd probably recommend that too.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    I finished Mad Max last night. It was pretty good. I'm not going to go on and 100% it though, most of the stuff left is boring scavenging sites and too many races.

Not sure what I will play next. I have Cities Skylines but it seems like the expansion is coming out very soon. Not sure if I should start it before then or just wait for the xpac. I will probably start War for the Overworld, it just got a big update that I was waiting on. And Fallout 4 looms, when is it releasing?

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    i believe the release date is november, i think

you should play undertalllleeee

I need a quick look of undertale to sell me on it I think. It seems like Earthbound?

captaink wrote: »
    I need a quick look of undertale to sell me on it I think. It seems like Earthbound?

the artstyle/feel/writing is like earthbound, but the combat is way different.

when you enter a random battle, the enemy attack is a bullet hell where you have to dodge unique formations. The player attacks are timing based. You can also "spare" every enemy you come across including bosses, and the road to getting them to be "sparable" is a puzzle in and of itself. it's super fun.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Darkest Dungeon is a lot more fun when you stop thinking of it as a game in which you nurture special snowflakes to be the best that they can be and start seeing it as a grinder that you throw flesh at to process it into money to build a better pub.

There will be a better tomorrow. None of you will see it. It will be built on and using your corpse.

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    My understanding is that the Windows drivers for the Xbox One controller map it to XInput, which means any game that supports the 360 controller will support the XB1 controller.

8406wWN.png
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I recently upgraded my computer with a 970gtx.

What am I doing with this massive workhorse of a video card?

Fucking Skyrim again. Back down that rabbit hole. Three hundred dollar video card and I spend a weekend installing graphics mods and shit for a five year old game I've already put 100+ hours into.

But god damn does it feel good to get back into it again. Having a fucking ball with it.

8406wWN.png
    Between super-high textures and ENB mods and redone models you can actually tax that 970 so that was a good choice.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I recently upgraded my computer with a 970gtx.

What am I doing with this massive workhorse of a video card?

Fucking Skyrim again. Back down that rabbit hole. Three hundred dollar video card and I spend a weekend installing graphics mods and shit for a five year old game I've already put 100+ hours into.

But god damn does it feel good to get back into it again. Having a fucking ball with it.

I bought an Xbox One recently and all I've played on it are HD remakes.

• VicVic Registered User regular
    edited September 2015

The writing is serious incredible. There's also a fair amount of meta narrative, in case you feel strongly (positively or negatively) about that sort of thing

Slight spoilers
    The game recognizes the players ability to save and load the game, in a completely straight-faced way that actually works within the world.

There are also several ways of playing and finishing it, some that entirely change the flow of the game.

Vic on
    Between super-high textures and ENB mods and redone models you can actually tax that 970 so that was a good choice.

I couldn't find any redone models that weren't fucking gross

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

even realistic horse vulvas?

That's more of a skin

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Anyone else unable to load the store page within steam?

PiptheFair wrote: »

even realistic horse vulvas?

I meant more of the swords and armors. I think there's a bunch of higher-poly stuff and new stuff. Redone character models are often dicey.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I'm really bad at undertale's combat

like, I don't think I'm going to be able to get very far bad

Fill your inventory with as many healing items as you can afford

If you're doing a Full Mercy playthrough, you won't need that money for anything other than armor and the occasional weapon that gives you nice defensive/healing bonuses.

IKknkhU.gif
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Langly wrote: »
    you should play undertalllleeee

I really really really want to fucking play this. But I just bought the Witcher 3 and now I should wait but I keep looking at it like mmmm AUUGHGGH GOD FUCK

Geralt shut up I want pixels in my butt

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    HEY OKAY UNDERTALE; I really want the shit out of it. Anyone want to trade an Undertale Steam gift for Don't Starve/Don't Starve Together? Or Left 4 Dead 2? Or both? I'll cut myself for you

steam_sig.png
    That's more of a skin

it suuuuuure is

8406wWN.png
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    I cannot get free red alert 2 to work correctly on my computer for the life of me

Almost tempted to dig for my crappy old laptop and see if that can go back in time a bit better

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    I have tried the random stat gains on level ups in xcom a few times and all it seems to do is give everyone heavy accuracy level ups which obviously sucks

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Do they sell wired Xbox one pads? I want to replace my 360 pad.

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    You just need a standard micro USB cable to connect any Xbox One controller.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Oh rad okay.

Looks like they are putting out a wireless adapter for it this year too.

Good stuff.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Do they sell wired Xbox one pads? I want to replace my 360 pad.

I have seen a few of questionable quality

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    I have tried the random stat gains on level ups in xcom a few times and all it seems to do is give everyone heavy accuracy level ups which obviously sucks

It also randomizes hp and willpower as far as I can tell? Random starting stats also randomizes speed. I had an assault colonel with 2 less hp and a sniper with +5 aim for example, but overall I didn't see much imbalance towards aim.

Yukira wrote: »

Tho, now I forget if it was ps or xbox my buddy got one for, but am sure both have em, you can just get a usb dongle to let your pc use those controllers wirelessly too, and they are pretty cheap

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »

Tho, now I forget if it was ps or xbox my buddy got one for, but am sure both have em, you can just get a usb dongle to let your pc use those controllers wirelessly too, and they are pretty cheap

That was for 360, that dongle doesn't work with Xbone pads. But there's one for XBone pads incoming in...November? afaik. However, that's only going to work with Windows 10.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
This discussion has been closed.