As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's Play Final Fantasy Tactics: Chapter 1- Part 2: Grasping for Knighthood (NSF56K)

2»

• MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Awesome.

I advise turning Ramza into a Monk to start out with, then begin turning him into a Summoner+Samurai.Once you get Orlandau, turn Ramza into a Knight, with Blade Grasp and Summon Magic to complete the trifecta.

EDIT: Or, turn him into a chemist with a gun. Yell at the beginning of every battle until you own the AT queue. Then proceed to kick ass.

MechMantis on
  • PataPata Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I already know what Jobs Ramza is going to be using.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Please make an Oracle Samurai with Two Handed Stick wielding.

And please name him Punmaster.

Wearingglasses on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Pata wrote: »
    PingPong wrote: »
    just out of curiousity and laziness, what is the difference between the original and the remake? besides like.. one being on psp. durr.

New translation, new jobs, a few new story events, two new characters (Balthier from FFXII and Luso from FFTA2)

Oh man, a preview character for a better game! I can't wait! :P

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
    edited September 2007
    Please make an Oracle Samurai with Two Handed Stick wielding.

And please name him Punmaster.

No.

Pata on
  • BrilliantInsanityBrilliantInsanity Charleston, WVRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It's a damn shame that the new FFT is only coming out for the PSP, that I'm aware of. I truly loved the original and would love to play the remake of it, but I'm not even going to drop 160 dollars on a PSP that I don't want for any other reason. :(

BrilliantInsanity on
    steam_sig.png

Sixty -40- on Origin for some ME3 goodness.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/brilliantinsanity/
  • DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It's a damn shame that the new FFT is only coming out for the PSP, that I'm aware of. I truly loved the original and would love to play the remake of it, but I'm not even going to drop 160 dollars on a PSP that I don't want for any other reason. :(

You should really take another look at the PSP. There is a lot of high quality stuff on the system these days, and FFT and Disgaea next month just sweeten the deal.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Pata! Stop engaging your actual life and get back to screencapping!

I want to see how your party forms up. I needs it!

Alternatively: I am also interested in a PSP. FFT:LW, Brave Story, Jeanne d'Arc, and Rondo of Blood are tempting me. Is it worth it to get one now? How much of a life do you think the PSP has in it before a PSP2? If I wait for another PSP price drop, will FFT:LW still be around?

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • anableanable North TexasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    FFT remains the best SRPG I have played to date. I'm very heart broken to hear the PSP get the remake while DS purchasers (me) have to put up with FFTA2

fft-ffta.png

anable on
  • wenchkillawenchkilla Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I own and love the hell out of FF:T, but I have to ask, how in the holy hell are you going to play through this game, take screens, and maek poast, in less than 3 months? The game takes so damn long to play, with the constant leveling and whatnot. It's why I could never get very far. Unless I'm doing this wrong? I guess I'll see..

wenchkilla on
    gamingsig.jpg
    PSN/XBL: dragoniemx
    edited October 2007
    Sorry folks, life's been busy. Tommorow I'll have an update for you all.
    anable wrote: »
    FFT remains the best SRPG I have played to date. I'm very heart broken to hear the PSP get the remake while DS purchasers (me) have to put up with FFTA2

fft-ffta.png

You know I actually like FFTA better then FFT.

Pata on
  • anableanable North TexasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007

I liked you better before reading that.
    I keed.
    Kinda

anable on
  • DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh man, I love that you're telling the story from the perspective of an anonymous cadet. That's awesome.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
    edited October 2007
    DVG wrote: »
    Oh man, I love that you're telling the story from the perspective of an anonymous cadet. That's awesome.

Four anonymous cadets.

Pata on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Pata, you need to have a Samurai Mercenary in your party later on. Something about him finding his lost honor restored in helping Ramza in his plight. I'd love you so much.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Sorry folks, life's been busy. Tommorow I'll have an update for you all.
    anable wrote: »

fft-ffta.png

That snowball fight is awesome. I love ganging up on Mewt to make it go faster. The first post game fight being a rematch against zombie versions of those guys is pretty funny.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • TylerbroorTylerbroor Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    June 20th is my birthday too. That's pretty strange.

When replaying, is it fun to avoid power leveling, or is it just maddening? I can't imagine beating Velius/ Elmdor + Ninja Bitches on the roof with a pack of weenies. I'm on the verge of a replay, and I'm trying to make it interesting for myself. I've never played a game without uberring Ramza.

Tylerbroor on
  • FoodFood Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I have this game, but I've never gotten past like the 3rd battle. I suck at it, and all the menu's confuse me.

In my defense, the last time I tried playing it I was like 13. I would replay it now, but my PS2's all broken.

Food on
  • Disco BanditDisco Bandit Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Tylerbroor wrote: »
    June 20th is my birthday too. That's pretty strange.

When replaying, is it fun to avoid power leveling, or is it just maddening? I can't imagine beating Velius/ Elmdor + Ninja Bitches on the roof with a pack of weenies. I'm on the verge of a replay, and I'm trying to make it interesting for myself. I've never played a game without uberring Ramza.

I still make my characters miniature gods, but I use less of them. My current playthrough (I hadn't played in a couple of years), I'm only using three characters.

Disco Bandit on
    Pokemon Diamond: 5412 9146 7564
  • StraythStrayth Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm trying to make a Dark Knight. I was a salivating freak over FFT on the PS1, having finally rented it enough to the cost of the game retail (I could never find a new copy, even back in '98). So then I got a used copy from Gamestop or some such place. I got a PSP just to play this game again, and when people call me stupid, they're absolutely within reason.

But it's hard to make a Dark Knight and NOT level up. I'm in Chapter III, trying not to do plots, trying to complete errands, and the climb up Black Mage to Mastery feels criminally long. Got him singing with a trio of others, and forcing my other troops to run around languidly trading items.

Strayth on
    That's right.