As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm] Lt. Morales (Medic) Coming Soon! Plus Vulture Mount!

• Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    So I have been playing entirely against AI for quite awhile. Mostly because it's more comfortable for me sometimes depending on what's going on at the homestead and also because I have some friends who I know will never queue against real folks so to play with them I'll still have to play AI from time to time. However - I want to break this and start playing more QM and the like so I can learn to play the heroes I enjoy (and even the ones I don't as much) effectively against actual people. I started joining the PA chat channel, so now it's just a matter of halting my AI queueing and letting folks know I'm around right? That's what it sounds like.

Do folks get weird if you're not running certain builds with certain heroes in QM?
    It sounds like it's a mixed bag of people wanting to be really focused in QM and others being more willing to play a little lax and/or try interesting (yet possibly damning) combos.

My timing on this couldn't be better since I'll be out of town this weekend, but I should be getting in a few games tonight and then back to play more regularly again come Monday.

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    The easiest way to check the validity will be to just get on the PTR and have a look. The article is published with today's date (the 24th) and says that the Medic will be available on the PTR today. So I bet by 8pm EST (5pm PST) the PTR should be up and running.

Also, if the PTR does indeed go up by tonight, we should have a set of PTR patch notes. And that means tank changes.

There's a whole lot more to get excited about beyond just the medic.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Lt Muffin360Lt Muffin360 Registered User regular
    Mudzgut wrote: »
    So I have been playing entirely against AI for quite awhile. Mostly because it's more comfortable for me sometimes depending on what's going on at the homestead and also because I have some friends who I know will never queue against real folks so to play with them I'll still have to play AI from time to time. However - I want to break this and start playing more QM and the like so I can learn to play the heroes I enjoy (and even the ones I don't as much) effectively against actual people. I started joining the PA chat channel, so now it's just a matter of halting my AI queueing and letting folks know I'm around right? That's what it sounds like.

Do folks get weird if you're not running certain builds with certain heroes in QM?
    It sounds like it's a mixed bag of people wanting to be really focused in QM and others being more willing to play a little lax and/or try interesting (yet possibly damning) combos.

My timing on this couldn't be better since I'll be out of town this weekend, but I should be getting in a few games tonight and then back to play more regularly again come Monday.

Not really.

There are some things around Ults that might make some wrinkle their nose a bit (i.e. you are the only support, say lili, and you pick Water Dragon instead of 10k Cups) but most of the time, just built what feels right to you and no one will care. The ones that say something in chat (more than just a "i think this is better than this for reference") are the ones you can ignore.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Mudzgut wrote: »

In QM you'll get a mixed bag... but I can't remember the last time I was hassled about my build in QM... your best bet is to /join heroes of the wang and play with PA'ers.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I'm just going to not speculate or theorycraft until we see her official set. I don't think it's worth the energy.

but what else is the internet for my god

• Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    The easiest way to check the validity will be to just get on the PTR and have a look. The article is published with today's date (the 24th) and says that the Medic will be available on the PTR today. So I bet by 8pm EST (5pm PST) the PTR should be up and running.

Also, if the PTR does indeed go up by tonight, we should have a set of PTR patch notes. And that means tank changes.

Dare I hope for a Leoric that's in a reasonable state of balance?

• Options
    Yeah, I'm trapped at work. Speculation, theorycrafting, and general internet tomfoolery are all I have, man.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

I'd bet that her grenade eventually causes blind. The original medic from BW had the flare shot that would blind a unit.

They also had what is essentially "remove any negative ailments" which is what we have with some folk here. I forget what it's called...

My biggest concern with the medic is that she seems to have no escape, short of trying to use the grenade as a knockback?

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Cyrenic wrote: »

Dare I hope for a Leoric that's in a reasonable state of balance?

make it so he can't slow people while he's dead and I'm happy

god that just irks me

• Options
    Spy112Spy112 VancouverRegistered User regular
    Sounds like that gernade skill will be a skill shot that can bounce father than the initial throw. Similar to Ziggs gernade in LoL if you need a comparison. Her traits will most likely make her skills very different as she levels up... Like a flash bang stated earlier

• Options
    I guess it depends on your definition of escape. If you mean something like Vault, Barrel Roll, or Dash, then only Kharazim and Tassadar have escapes out of all possible support characters.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    hmmmm, I guess you're right

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Tyrandes got a great all-team escape ult. Also, its amazing for ganks.

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm trapped at work. Speculation, theorycrafting, and general internet tomfoolery are all I have, man.

That's fair. I have a head cold and am having trouble thinking about things that are confirmed to exist, so this is just too much for my dumb, sick brain.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    It's really not. When trying to escape the enemy would need to have no AoE for it to be useful. If you try to gank, well remember that when you use it you also reveal the enemy team, which means they get a red eye symbol flashing over their heads.

So when you press your "set up a gank" button the entire enemy team gets a message broadcast to them saying "warning, the enemy team is stealthed for the next 8 seconds, probably trying to set up a gank!".

Kind of defeats the purpose. Shadowstalk needs a lot of tweaking to be good. I'd be fine with it if it were just Tassadar's invulnerable invis for 1.5 seconds for the entire team.

• Options
    The mapwide reveal is the most valuable part of Shadowstalk. The invisibility is largely inconsequential.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Man I just cannot win two games in a row in Hero League. My .500 win percentage placed me at 45, I climbed up to 30, and now I just alternate win/lose without fail and sit at 30 forever.

I guess 30 is just like, my valuation as a person.

I'm a 30.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    It's really not. When trying to escape the enemy would need to have no AoE for it to be useful. If you try to gank, well remember that when you use it you also reveal the enemy team, which means they get a red eye symbol flashing over their heads.

So when you press your "set up a gank" button the entire enemy team gets a message broadcast to them saying "warning, the enemy team is stealthed for the next 8 seconds, probably trying to set up a gank!".

Kind of defeats the purpose. Shadowstalk needs a lot of tweaking to be good. I'd be fine with it if it were just Tassadar's invulnerable invis for 1.5 seconds for the entire team.
    The mapwide reveal is the most valuable part of Shadowstalk. The invisibility is largely inconsequential.

I said this before but I think Shadowstalk is trying to be two separate things at once without really being good at either.

The reveal used to be much longer, and thus much better. Shadowstalk was taken with some semblance of regularity and it was great on certain maps.

Then they nerfed the reveal time super hard (again, the best part of it) and now it's... garbage.

At this point I'd argue for a redesign.

Also what even is the level 20 version supposed to be accomplishing?

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Man I just cannot win two games in a row in Hero League. My .500 win percentage placed me at 45, I climbed up to 30, and now I just alternate win/lose without fail and sit at 30 forever.

I guess 30 is just like, my valuation as a person.

I'm a 30.

This is both the saddest and funniest post I've seen in a while... well phrased sir.. good show.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    hey, anyone around for some games?

I'm Summary#1449 in game, hit me up

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    kit looks boring, but tbqh like every hero has a kit that is boring on paper

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Yeah, talents change everything

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Looks like those abilities are for real:
    trikslyr (blizzard community manager)
    Just a quick heads up, the PTR will not be coming out today. We've had a bit of a delay and are working to make sure everything is in a solid state before pushing it live.
    Stay tuned to Twitter for details.
    For those wondering; Yes, the abilities posted by the OP are the official abilities for Lt. Morales.

Neurotika on
  • Options
    Figgy wrote: »
    And Safeguard? Three second damage reduction.... so a crappy shield?

Damage Reduction is functionally different and situationally superior to a shield.

Let's consider some math.

Tassadar's Plasma Shield does 240 (+40 per level) damage over 8 seconds. At level 10, his shield absorbs 640 damage.
    Nova's Snipe does 146 (+31 per level) damage base. That's 456 damage at level 10. And if Nova took Ambush Snipe, that's an extra 20%. 20% of 456 is 91 additional damage. So total Nova does 547 damage at level 10 with 1 ability.

In a team fight, or situation with multiple damage sources, Tassadar's shield evaporates very quickly. Especially after level 10 when ults come into play.

The one thing we don't know, so the mathematical analysis cannot be completed right now, is what the damage reduction is on Safeguard. Assuming it's a decent amount, like 25%, that can turn into a huge amount of damage reduced.

I'm thinking Morales is gonna pair very well with melee assassins. She'll follow right behind them as they dive, hit them with her Stimpack Ult, and hit them with Safeguard to keep them in the fight, all the while channeling a heal on them. It's gonna be cool.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I legit think the best combo for Morales might be Earthquake Thrall. Put a stimdrone on him and things will both just die and will never be able to get away.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I'm actually really glad she doesn't have a healing ult, means we might actually see both of them on occasion

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Morales with illidan could be nutso

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    Morales with illidan could be nutso

The thing I'm worried about is Illidan might be too mobile and would break the heal beam by chasing after people. That's why I thought Earthquake would be better, because instead of chasing after them really hard you just hold them in place so Morales can keep up.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    here is my dream: beam is not broken by mounting up

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    here is my dream: beam is not broken by mounting up

might as well add a talent that cloaks the medic while she's healing

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Hyper competitive is not mutually exclusive with not freaking out over things you can't control.

The game has feeders. The game has sore losers 1 min into the game. The game has some of the most toxic shitholes of any online game genre. It happens. It's part of the game.

If coming across those things makes you want to rage out, then maybe a MOBA ain't your thang?

, you're not new to the game. I don't get why suddenly coming across this was the straw? I mean, you're known for raging hardcore every single day about the game... but to quit? I dunno.

Because the MM has never been this bad. I've never had problems like my last month in over a year of 95% solo queueing. And some of the problems like AFKs totally ruining a significant chunk of my games still haven't been fixed by blizzard which are beginning to drive me totally insane.

It was mostly getting a leaver penalty for blizzard's terrible reconnect system and horrible isp that pushed me over the edge though.

So you're on tilt.

It's always been as bad as it is now, but your perception is off. Come on, every day you're in here flipping out about some bad player or some feeder or some terrible build. Every. day.

Step back and think about it. It's always been the same.

No, looking at my MM and record, it's objectively worse. MMR in my games is all over the map and this month I've had more 7+ loss streaks (4!) than I've ever had. Two this week even.

Could it be possible you got reported by past allies and are in that crappy realm of getting grouped with folk who rage quit / feed, etc?

I know they said this was a thing and I don't think there's any flag to tell you you're in the toxic pool.

It would be remarkably stupid on Blizzards part if there if is no warning telling you that you are in the toxic pool.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »
    Hyper competitive is not mutually exclusive with not freaking out over things you can't control.

The game has feeders. The game has sore losers 1 min into the game. The game has some of the most toxic shitholes of any online game genre. It happens. It's part of the game.

If coming across those things makes you want to rage out, then maybe a MOBA ain't your thang?

, you're not new to the game. I don't get why suddenly coming across this was the straw? I mean, you're known for raging hardcore every single day about the game... but to quit? I dunno.

Because the MM has never been this bad. I've never had problems like my last month in over a year of 95% solo queueing. And some of the problems like AFKs totally ruining a significant chunk of my games still haven't been fixed by blizzard which are beginning to drive me totally insane.

It was mostly getting a leaver penalty for blizzard's terrible reconnect system and horrible isp that pushed me over the edge though.

So you're on tilt.

It's always been as bad as it is now, but your perception is off. Come on, every day you're in here flipping out about some bad player or some feeder or some terrible build. Every. day.

No, looking at my MM and record, it's objectively worse. MMR in my games is all over the map and this month I've had more 7+ loss streaks (4!) than I've ever had. Two this week even.

Could it be possible you got reported by past allies and are in that crappy realm of getting grouped with folk who rage quit / feed, etc?

I know they said this was a thing and I don't think there's any flag to tell you you're in the toxic pool.

It would be remarkably stupid on Blizzards part if there if is no warning telling you that you are in the toxic pool.

Why's that?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited September 2015

So you're on tilt.

Why's that?

Because then you have the American Prison System, a system that exist to punish instead of rehabilitate, and it just makes things worse. If there is no notice that you are in the toxic pool, then people who are placed there have no incentive to improve. All they know is they keep getting worse and worse teammates, so they rage harder.

Nobeard on
  • Options
    5 bucks says there is a talent that lets Morales move while channeling heal beam, like Azzy. And doesn't the dropship heal people while they ride it? Thought I read that somewhere.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    5 bucks says there is a talent that lets Morales move while channeling heal beam, like Azzy. And doesn't the dropship heal people while they ride it? Thought I read that somewhere.

I actually thought that'd be baseline functionality? but maybe that's foolish, on review.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular

So you're on tilt.

Why's that?

Because then you have the American Prison System, a system that exist to punish instead of rehabilitate, and it just makes things worse. If there is no notice that you are in the toxic pool, then people who are placed there have no incentive to improve. All they know is they keep getting worse and worse teammates, so the rage harder.

Well, then they just stay there. And rage on each other.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular

So you're on tilt.

Why's that?

Because then you have the American Prison System, a system that exist to punish instead of rehabilitate, and it just makes things worse. If there is no notice that you are in the toxic pool, then people who are placed there have no incentive to improve. All they know is they keep getting worse and worse teammates, so the rage harder.

Well, then they just stay there. And rage on each other.

Right? Incentive to improve shouldn't have to be given.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    God that pizza was good.

Anyway, no ptr tonight makes me a saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad panda.

Come on Diablo buff!

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Just went 5-0 with four other PAers. It was glorious.

While he's no Li Li, Malf can definitely lead people on a merry chase.

Quid on
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Just went 5-0 with four other PAers. It was glorious.

While he's no Li Li, Malf can definitely lead people on a merry chase.

Those were fun.

Also, I wish really weird champions like Abathur had their own pre-match hint system. It's not bad if you are 5 people on voice, but seeing Abathur for the first time is reasonably unintuitive.