As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CODENAMES - Ten games completed! That's all for now.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    yeah feel free to pass, hate to get us an assassin on a risk

pass

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Let's just hope the remaining 2 blues are as difficult to connect as our remaining 2 reds clearly were!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Clue: Easter, 2

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    I vote spring and mass.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Concur.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    @CesareB opinions before we contact? Have missed anything?

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Reserve up!

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    CONTACT - Spring

• CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Yeah mass and spring seem like the best choices for that.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Spring is a Blue Agent

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

CONTACT - Mass

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »
    CONTACT - Mass
    MASS is a Blue Agent!

Blue Team has contacted all of their agents and won the game!

codenames_game02_spoiler.png~original
    EAGLE (Red)
    SHAKESPEARE (Red)
    BOND (Red)
    SKYSCRAPER (Red)
    WAR (Blue)

AZTEC (Bystander)
    SCREEN (Blue)
    PUMPKIN (Blue)
    PIN (Blue)
    TELESCOPE (Blue)

WEB (Blue)
    MASS (Blue)
    TRAIN (Bystander)
    DUCK (Bystander)
    DECK (Blue)

LEPRECHAUN (Red)
    CLOAK (Bystander)
    MAPLE (Bystander)
    STREAM (Red)
    HOSPITAL (Bystander)

DOCTOR (Red)
    SUB (Assassin)
    SPRING (Blue)
    CAST (Bystander)
    WATER (Red)

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Quite a bold choice for a 0-clue at the end there, Kaneski. Looks like a standard 2-clue may have been a better choice in this case! I have had an experience where a 0-clue worked, though I was the opposing spymaster when it happened. I believe the key words were SHARK and FISH on the opposing team's side, while WHALE was an agent also on the board on my side. Since the opposing team had only two more clues to uncover, they used the clue "Cetacean: 0" to rule out WHALE while also keying in the two other acquatic creatures. It was a great play.

Game 3 signups are currently open for all! Looks like we've got five people already, and I'll leave signups open until at least 8:00pm PDT. Priority goes to people who have played the least, and who have not played in the longest time. I think I might have to start moving to private rolls to make scheduling a bit more efficient, so I hope you'll trust me to be fair.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    gg folks! Thanks for hosting, MrB

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    For the record, yes, Deck was the Viewing choice you guys missed. Web was the Win one. I felt bad about a clue with such a loose association but tend to agree that if you can't come up with at least one 3 this game is hard to win except by the other team losing it.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Auralynx wrote: »
    For the record, yes, Deck was the Viewing choice you guys missed. Web was the Win one. I felt bad about a clue with such a loose association but tend to agree that if you can't come up with at least one 3 this game is hard to win except by the other team losing it.

I wondered if it was actually a form/sound clue like that! Same starting letter, number of letters. And pin rhymed with win and war shared the same elements with win as web did.

But I also knew I'm bad about second-guessing myself and seeing non-existent patterns. Semantic clues seem like the safer bet most of the time but idk.

I wondered if it was actually a form/sound clue like that! Same starting letter, number of letters. And pin rhymed with win and war shared the same elements with win as web did.

But I also knew I'm bad about second-guessing myself and seeing non-existent patterns. Semantic clues seem like the safer bet most of the time but idk.

They usually are. That one just seemed like a good way to sneak us back to parity without a lot of chance it'd cause issues. This was not the most association-friendly board I've played. Good job, though.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited September 2015
    yeah liquid-2 or some such would have worked....as Zhero said for the last clues

Interested in a Game 3. Sign Up. if it's quick-ish. I'm leaving town on sunday (it would have to be really quick O_O )

Egos on
    edited September 2015

I was wondering that also esp. with WIN notably in caps. Like is he doing words that rhyme with WIN or three lettered W words...or both :hydra:

Egos on
    Egos wrote: »

I was wondering that also esp. with WIN notably in caps. Like is he doing words that rhyme with WIN or three lettered W words...or both :hydra:

Yeah, you understood it right, though the caps didn't mean anything.

I'd go again, but definitely bump me in favor of basically anyone else.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

I'd like to get back in line, please

Steam
  • KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Quite a bold choice for a 0-clue at the end there, Kaneski. Looks like a standard 2-clue may have been a better choice in this case! I have had an experience where a 0-clue worked, though I was the opposing spymaster when it happened. I believe the key words were SHARK and FISH on the opposing team's side, while WHALE was an agent also on the board on my side. Since the opposing team had only two more clues to uncover, they used the clue "Cetacean: 0" to rule out WHALE while also keying in the two other acquatic creatures. It was a great play.

-

Yeah, too bad... I thought any liquid, flowing, or other similar clue would be too risky - stupid 'spring' was jammed right between stream and water. Also thought spring and mass would be difficult to connect.

Ideally - was hoping my guys would start guessing, since 0 = infinite, and basically stumble through all the agents in ascending order of threat. Clearly underground - sub was the biggest 'stay away' clue. Springs are water from underground, and mass - either mass transit (underground subways) or just big volume of stuff (underground). The last one was a stretch, granted, but less associations than the rest. 0 plays with 1 turn left to each team seem like an associations gamble - find the least and guess those.

I now wonder though - if 0 plays can be used to sabotage enemy teams. Like, if on turn 2, I played "CLUE - Weight, 0", would the blues be scared to guess 'Mass'?

Kaneski on
    Whoa, zero is infinite guesses? I thought it was just one

Steam
    edited September 2015
    nvm

Egos on
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Actually for spring and mass I would immediately go another route and say physics, or "Hooke's" for Hooke's law

edited September 2015
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Actually for spring and mass I would immediately go another route and say physics, or "Hooke's" for Hooke's law

Yeah, that was option B, but Physics was naptime after the mechanics stuff for me, and it was a long time ago. Easter seemed easier with multiple guys I'm pretty sure are also from the Northern Hemisphere and have played Crusader Kings.

Which is to say in a roundabout way that knowing your guessers / spymaster, even a little, helps a lot.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    I would like to reiterate my earlier sign up in case it got missed.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I would have failed as I wanted to say Easter duck over Easter mass. The Catholic meaning of mass completely passed me by for the physics version.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    That's eight players. I'll divide teams by approximately equal experience, with Spymasters assigned to folks who have not yet had the role.

Game 3 Start

Red Team
    @Hedgethorn (Spymaster)
    @Auralynx
    @Preda
    @Gizzy

Blue Team
    @discrider (Spymaster)
    @Phyphor
    @Zombie Hero
    @Professor Phobos

codenames_game03_t01.png~original
    HOOK
    HAM
    TURKEY
    OIL
    CELL

TOKYO
    BERMUDA
    LASER
    GRACE
    PIE

MOUSE
    ARM
    FAIR
    LUCK
    OLYMPUS

YARD
    BED
    MICROSCOPE
    HONEY
    FORCE

GRASS
    KNIGHT
    CARROT
    GIANT
    DIAMOND

The Blue Team will take the first turn of the game.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
  • KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    Signup for possible #4

• Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Just so I'm clear on the procedure, we get the clue, we discuss, and we each take in turn order one actual guess?

In this case, I'd say Bermuda, Turkey, and Tokyo make the most sense.

Professor Phobos on
    Just so I'm clear on the procedure, we get the clue, we discuss, and we each take in turn order one actual guess?

In this case, I'd say Bermuda, Turkey, and Tokyo make the most sense.

A team gets the clue and can discuss as much as they want, within reason. In the real game nothing counts until you touch an agent. Here I think we're using the bbcode + "touch" thing. It's not important who touches, just that someone does.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Bermuda, Tokyo, and turkey would be my guesses here

Steam
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    But grass covers so much geography, you guys should choose grass :p

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    I agree. Olympus is also geographical being a mountain, but I'd say that those 3 would rank higher Bermuda, then Turkey, then Tokyo

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Bermuda, Tokyo, and Turkey are blue agents.

You have one guess remaining, @Phyphor, @Zombie Hero, @Professor Phobos

Pass?