As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam] manual says to cut the third wire, but only if it's not blue!

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Nobody has hit me with several gifts!

...Wait...WHAT?!

HFSXvTq.png

v1Wubiu.png

Yes. Three individuals saw a bit of a loophole in my usage of Nobody as a gifting service and decided to collude with one another to take advantage of it before said loophole was closed, which it is now. There were three gifts in total, but I already owned one of them so I sent it back. I was also too gobsmacked by this loophole that I was literally laughing out of my chair and forgot to take screenshots of the original gift messages! Sorry about that!

@Antoshka hit with Undertale!
    @destroyah87 hit with One Piece!
    @ReverseCreations hit with Tales of Zestiria! Which is the one I already owned.

In respect for their brilliant loophole usage, and a laugh I sorely needed, I accepted the gifts. However in case anyone else is thinking of making use of said loophole it's closed now.

Thank you very much you three!

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    He may have neglected to mention it and I may have neglected to post about it too so here it is:

Thanks @RoyceSraphim for your Hitman Absolution giveaway last thread! (Also apologies to @Stabbity Style for sniping it out from under you)

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Dear Adventure Team,

The internet wont shut up about this game, so I decided to buy you a copy because I think you're (compliment)

signature.png

To the winner this ends on the greatest day of your pathetic little life. To everyone else it ends on Tuesday.

Love,
    Bedlam

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Woo, Shadow Warrior finished! Fun game :D Slowly clearing that backlog, one game at a time.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    ReverseCreationsReverseCreations Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Yes. Three individuals saw a bit of a loophole in my usage of Nobody as a gifting service and decided to collude with one another to take advantage of it before said loophole was closed, which it is now. There were three gifts in total, but I already owned one of them so I sent it back. I was also too gobsmacked by this loophole that I was literally laughing out of my chair and forgot to take screenshots of the original gift messages! Sorry about that!

@Antoshka hit with Undertale!
    @destroyah87 hit with One Piece!
    @ReverseCreations hit with Tales of Zestiria! Which is the one I already owned.

In respect for their brilliant loophole usage, and a laugh I sorely needed, I accepted the gifts. However in case anyone else is thinking of making use of said loophole it's closed now.

Thank you very much you three!

I believe my original gift message was infact " "Madican for "Madican wrote: »
    Reverse is not-so-secretly trying to boost that Zestiria pre-order progress meter."""

1C54320038BDF735D2D088D168D6275F7F2FBE3C
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    Somebody come get this! It's delightful and if don't own it, you should. :biggrin:

signature.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    I have never even heard of this undertale game

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I somehow managed to avoid Jill Sandwich and now have a shotgun and all is right in the world.

And now I get that reference, too.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    mts wrote: »
    I have never even heard of this undertale game

It's like god shit on your back (but it's a golden shit b/c god, obviously) and there was a weird lump in the gold/shit and you dug through the shit to find the lump and the lump is a game and you play it and simultaneously you and god are like whoaaaaaa

Then god is like hey good thing I jesus'd you guys so you could experience this forever

And you're like man I'm no philosophy major

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    I somehow managed to avoid Jill Sandwich and now have a shotgun and all is right in the world.

And now I get that reference, too.

Right on. Aim for the head :biggrin:

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Somebody come get this! It's delightful and if don't own it, you should. :biggrin:

signature.png
    Hrm.
    I guess that's what happens when you don't make a giveaway private.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    cB557 wrote: »

signature.png
    Hrm.
    I guess that's what happens when you don't make a giveaway private.

Ha, sorry. It's my first one! Going to repost as Invite Only, so everybody come jump back on!

signature.png

New and improoooved

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I've now completed two games in the last two weeks.
    Now there's only like nine hundred left to go, shouldn't be a problem right?

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    So, i...umm...yeah, i kinda broke down and picked up Borderlands Pre-sequel (it was on sale! i'm so weak!).

Been enjoying it so far, though i had to fiddle around with display settings a little more than usual to get it looking just right. Actually, i'm a bit surprised, i've got most of the meters either on, or at the best level, and i'm only seeing periodic screen-tear (usually if something has a lot of vertical stripes), and haven't had any slowdown as of yet.

Anyway, questions. The different characters, do they get slightly different story or dialogue thrown at them, or is it the same with everyone like in BL1 and 2. i started with Athena, because she was so rockin' Tales From BL. Her bits of chatter with Janey are both awesome and sweet. It'd be a bit of a disappointment if Wilhem gets the same treatment.

Related slightly to that, the season pass, is it worth plunking down another 11bucks? If there's some difference in story, i'd be interested in both Jack's Doppel, and Hammersmith's sister. Otherwise...i dunno. The mission about being inside Jack's head seemed neat, but i'm not a huge fan of Arena modes.

Thanks for any info you can drop on me, and y'all have a fine day!

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    So, i...umm...yeah, i kinda broke down and picked up Borderlands Pre-sequel (it was on sale! i'm so weak!).

Been enjoying it so far, though i had to fiddle around with display settings a little more than usual to get it looking just right. Actually, i'm a bit surprised, i've got most of the meters either on, or at the best level, and i'm only seeing periodic screen-tear (usually if something has a lot of vertical stripes), and haven't had any slowdown as of yet.

Anyway, questions. The different characters, do they get slightly different story or dialogue thrown at them, or is it the same with everyone like in BL1 and 2. i started with Athena, because she was so rockin' Tales From BL. Her bits of chatter with Janey are both awesome and sweet. It'd be a bit of a disappointment if Wilhem gets the same treatment.

Related slightly to that, the season pass, is it worth plunking down another 11bucks? If there's some difference in story, i'd be interested in both Jack's Doppel, and Hammersmith's sister. Otherwise...i dunno. The mission about being inside Jack's head seemed neat, but i'm not a huge fan of Arena modes.

They'll mostly have the same lines thrown at them with some variations in their response i.e Janey: "I've got this sexy scar on my stomach...uh, that wasn't aimed at you Wilhelm." Wilhelm: "Story of my life." or something to that extent.

As for the season pass, Jack's Doppelganger is awesome (minor spoiler)
    he's scared of heights so jump pads freak him the hell out
    but I couldn't stand Lady Hammerlock's voice actress to give her a fair shake. Claptastic Voyage is suppose to be great and from what little I've played it is but unless the doppelganger or sniper really grab you it may not be worth it till it gets cheaper.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    So the Mighty No 9 demo was released to backers today.

It's a zip with as best as I can tell, the game's programs folder contents. To launch the demo you go into demo\build\binaries\win64 (or 32)\ and launch MN9Game.exe.

What's interesting, is that if you have Steam running, the game will launch with pretty much full Steam integration (Steam overlay, screenshots, streaming), but won't appear in your game library.

Odd demo release all around.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    7nKteHJ.jpg?2

This is Coral, she's my favorite android. She uses a shotgun and plasma field and she is awesome.

She also teaches a kickboxing class.

signature.png

Open to PA G&T Adventure Team. Open for a little over 12 hours, ends 12pm PDT tomorrow.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I...do I have to put a Wii controller in my butt? Do I have to wear a Vive while somebody frisks me?

That's one option. The other option involves Bat Rats
    most people go for the Wii controller

Shit I've played Bad Rats, I'd go for a Guitar hero controller if I had to.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    That Bioshock Infinite deal is way too good to pass on.

But sadly I already own the game.

Guess I'd better...DO A GIVEAWAY!

signature.png

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Does anyone want some old steam keys? I have 12 various keys I can't use, how can I post them to make sure actual humans get them?

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    harvest wrote: »
    Does anyone want some old steam keys? I have 12 various keys I can't use, how can I post them to make sure actual humans get them?

Use steam gifts toss a contest out there.

There are also the [ codes ] tag but I do not know how to use that, should really be in the OP.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    There are also the [ codes ] tag but I do not know how to use that, should really be in the OP.

NOpfO6x.png

They won't show up in the post preview though, so you just have to go with your gut.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    Mudzgut wrote: »
    How do the new [codes ][ /codes] tags even work?
    Put a series of Steam activation codes (or activation links, or movie quotes, or winning lottery numbers...) inside the tags, each on its own line like this (without the spaces inside the brackets, of course):
    [codes ]code 1
    code 2
    code 3
    code n[/codes]
    That will create a little box with a clickable link and a number. Each forumer who clicks the link will get a popup and a PM with the next line. Each line can only be sent out once and each forumer can only click once. It was originally designed to allow developers to hand out lots of codes for a game without some goose grabbing the lot.
    Just one code thingy per post!
    Note: [ code ][ /code ] is a different tag. Be sure to get that "s" up in there!

Oh wait, there it is!

• Options
    edited September 2015
    ok here we gooooooooooo

Loading...?

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Oh noooooo I made the post before Royce's post, so I did a big stack of codes in separate code tags. Guess I'll have to do it over?

Ok here's what games these are, number in the post is the number here:

11 Hammerwatch
    10 Monaco
    9 Papers, Please
    8 Steamworld Dig
    7 Garry's Mod
    6 Orcs Must Die GOTY
    5 Anodyne
    4 Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb
    3 Cave Story+
    2 Dungeon Defenders
    1 Legend of Grimrock

harvest on
    B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    signature.png
    signature.png

Should be the last remaining minutes

• Options
    tacticalheadachetacticalheadache Registered User regular

These "HD" ports seem to always have outdated textures and the like. Resident Evil 4 HD is super guilty of this.

• Options
    tacticalheadachetacticalheadache Registered User regular
    ok here we gooooooooooo

Loading...?

Thanks for Hammerwatch! Though I already have it. :P

• Options
    Well have fun finding a good way to get rid of it, not my problem now :D

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    Oh noooooo I made the post before Royce's post, so I did a big stack of codes in separate code tags. Guess I'll have to do it over?
    Damn, useful far too late. We must be kin, how big is your afro?

• Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Karoz wrote: »

They'll mostly have the same lines thrown at them with some variations in their response i.e Janey: "I've got this sexy scar on my stomach...uh, that wasn't aimed at you Wilhelm." Wilhelm: "Story of my life." or something to that extent.

Ok, thanks @Karoz for the heads up. It'll go on the backburner for the nonce. i'm kinda easing into Athena, though her style of play isnae quite a perfect match for what i love. Which is Gaige. Anarchy forever!

You know, i'd love to see a BL where everyone starts at different points in the story, and have to go back to "earlier" areas, where another character has already fucked shite up. Like, if starting as Salvadore put you at the "joining the Slabs" part of the story, and getting back to...wherever the first icy area is, you'd find someone different running the show, 'cause Maya'd already put Baron Flint in the ground.

As an aside for Assault Android Cactus, i got to Venom this morning. Holy crow Venom. i've been maining Holly, and he just tears her into bite-sized chunks.

chris: waffle king on
    steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Finished SOMA. It's really good. I was a bit lukewarm on it at the start but after a sort of dull second hour it really ramps up well, very well paced, and an interesting story. Some pretty great scares, though probably not as scary as Amnesia overall.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    I've now completed two games in the last two weeks.
    Now there's only like nine hundred left to go, shouldn't be a problem right?

Best to have a child right away. By the time they're ready to graduate, your list should be completed.

If not, you've made a horrible mistake. I'll leave it to you to figure out what it is.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    ok here we gooooooooooo

Loading...?

Snagged Papers, Please. Thanks!

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    4SObfyZ.png

He's on a roll he says.

Y'know... VNs don't take long to read. But if you pile enough of them on, they create their own insurmountable backlog. You monster.

Thanks @ReverseCreations! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Not sure what it says about me when I count the amount of money I spent on beer at the pub with work colleagues tonight and think to myself. "Damn, could've gotten some Steam games for that"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Theres this game called The Curious Expedition currently in early access which is having a free weekend on their website:

http://free.curious-expedition.com/

Its also on sale on humble store if you are interested. Seems interesting. Rogue like explorer with a little bit of choose your own adventure thrown in.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Karoz wrote: »

Ok, thanks Karoz for the heads up. It'll go on the backburner for the nonce. i'm kinda easing into Athena, though her style of play isnae quite a perfect match for what i love. Which is Gaige. Anarchy forever!

You know, i'd love to see a BL where everyone starts at different points in the story, and have to go back to "earlier" areas, where another character has already fucked shite up. Like, if starting as Salvadore put you at the "joining the Slabs" part of the story, and getting back to...wherever the first icy area is, you'd find someone different running the show, 'cause Maya'd already put Baron Flint in the ground.

@chris: waffle king, BL:TPS is good fun. It's not quite the high highs of the two previous games, but almost all of the gameplay decisions in TPS are good and make for a really fun time: low gravity, O2 kit boosting, butt slamming, lasers, cryo!!, respawning a manta off another manta in coop, etc. Of the new features, only the gear grinder isn't fully successful and even that is fun for a while. And as Karoz says, there is differentiated dialogue and interaction in the world for the characters which was one one of the main selling points of the game and is done really, really well. And all of the base characters plus the Doppleganger are really well realized and fun to play in their own right.

If you were a Gaige man in BL2, I would recommend Nisha to you for TPS. Her showdown ability is basically the death blossom from The Last Starfighter, unleashing insane, frenetic hell on huge mobs. (I don't know if it's strictly the right choice for min/maxing, but I could never not take the skill that has enemies tagged during Showdown explode at the end of it. So incredibly satisfying.)

As Karoz says, the Season Pass for TPS is not the insanely good value that it is for BL and BL2. You get two characters (one incredibly good - seriously, Doppleganger is amazing - and one eh), an arena and one story DLC. The story DLC, in which you go inside Claptrap's brain, is pretty good. It starts slowly, as the first half hour is mostly traipsing through generic scifi corridors. But when things start to get a bit weird, as you know they much, the game opens up some and is really entertaining. It also introduces pink, 'glitched' weapons, many of which are powerful and interesting (esp. the lasers.) I pulled a few oranges while doing it, which felt nicely generous. That could have been luck, of course, although Gearbox has tweaked the rates for the better since the extreme stinginess of launchday BL2.

Good stuff. As a diehard BL2 fan, I'll be interested to hear what you think. :)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Theres this game called The Curious Expedition currently in early access which is having a free weekend on their website:

http://free.curious-expedition.com/

Its also on sale on humble store if you are interested. Seems interesting. Rogue like explorer with a little bit of choose your own adventure thrown in.

Note that this can be picked up for a few bucks off at the Humble Store

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.