As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PSN] 22 Sep - SOMA | Afro Samurai 2 | FIFA

19495969798100»

• Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Ceno wrote: »
    The best thing about Black Flag is that all the Assassin's Creed parts of it are all but buried. Never even bothered with the hidden blades. I'm in that game to be a pirate. Hopefully we've reached a point now where developers feel like they can just put out a pirate game without couching it in some dumb scifi thing.

Maybe if you never play the story but there's plenty of Assassin's Creed in there that you have to slog through. Eavesdropping missions, endless collectables, etc. And then they added stupid stealth sailing missions on top of it. It was a huge improvement over AC3 but still nowhere near as good as AC2 or AssBro.

Also, I realised a long time ago that there's no reasoning with Vow's special taste. Just nod and back away slowly.

Oh balls, it's time for a new thread, isn't it? I'll do it tomorrow, unless someone else wants to give it a go.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    He is right about one thing. Tearaway isn't very good.

I'm making a list
    I'm checking it twice
    Gonna find out
    Whose soul is all lice.

I'm going to find you all.

You people have no heart, I found tearaway one of the most enjoyable and charming games in years.

Then again I found Persona 4 to be one of the most boring games I've played in years and everyone seems to love that.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    This is crazy. It's almost like people have different tastes and opinions and stuff!

Seriously though, let's stop arguing about the merits of our opinions and get back to talking about games.

• Commodore75Commodore75 gothenburg.seRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    OK, as long as we don't dismiss the people who's opinions differ from the majority. It's worth being reminded that not everyone is going to love a game, just because many/most ppl do.
    I kinda like hearing the views of others. Even when it turns out I don't agree with them.

. . . Those soulless beings, incapable of feeling the love that is P4G.

Commodore75 on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    He said Rising was "trash fire garbage." Which sounds an awful lot like he honking of a goose. ;-)

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    He's allowed to say Rising is trash fire garbage! Can we stop attacking how people say things? If you want to talk about why you like Rising I encourage you to do so. If you want to talk to @UnbreakableVow about why he thinks it's trash fire garbage I encourage you to do so.

However, this is not the "attack how people word their opinions" thread, so can we please stop doing that here?

Making fun of Vow's terrible taste is a time honoured PSN thread tradition, guys. Like that time he said Yakuza was terrible because they're not speaking 'Murican and reading is hard.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Making fun of Vow's terrible taste is a time honoured PSN thread tradition, guys. Like that time he said Yakuza was terrible because they're not speaking 'Murican and reading is hard.

I agree, that's not why Yakuza is terrible.

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Can anyone recommend analog stick covers/caps? Mine is almost completely ripped now.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Yakuza is unfun for plenty of reasons!

But yes the lack of English voice acting is pretty lame

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend analog stick covers/caps? Mine is almost completely ripped now.

I've had Kontrol Freek brand caps on my DS4 for a long while now and they seem fine.

• Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »

The ones I found that fit the DS4 thumbsticks perfectly are the set packed-in with Pelican's DS3 triggers, the ones Best Buy sells for like seven bucks. I just threw the triggers away. But the caps are grippy and don't slide around, or overhang the cap enough to interfere with full movement.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Thanks guys, looking into those.

I have £10 but not a lot they interests me from that sale, sadly. Might have to save it for later.

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Get your dancing shoes on for this weeks edition of The Drop.
    New Releases: September 29th, 2015

Arcade Archives Karate Champ
    PS4 — Digital

Karate Champ is an action game that was released from Data East in 1984. Players train a variety of karate skills with a combination of stick operations, to be a champion of competitions.

Arcade Archives Shusse Ozumo
    PS4 — Digital (Out 9/30)

Shusse Ozumo is a sports game that was developed by Technos Japan in 1984. Players play as Sumo wrestlers, and aim to become a Yokozuna. Shusse Ozumo is the oldest sumo arcade game and was the forerunner of later Sumo Tournament games.

Dungeon Defenders II (Beta)
    PS4 — Digital

Dungeon Defenders is an action tower defense game filled up with classic role-playing elements like loot, levelling, and pets.

Dynamite Fishing — World Games
    PS4 — Digital (Out 9/30)

Forget about idyllic ponds or beautiful coral reefs. Dynamite Fishing — World Games will ship you to the best fishing spots all over the globe, including an awesome jungle adventure!

EA Sports NBA Live 16 (+ Trial)
    PS4 — Digital, Retail

Rooted in self-expression, NBA Live 16 takes player customization to another level. Whether it’s how you look or play, your entire journey is all about you.

Gem Legends
    PS Vita — Digital

Discover the legends of ancient China. The ancient Chaos devours the abode of the gods, all around turns to stone, and all are powerless to stop it. The Oracle has foretold the coming of a savior bearing an artifact. You could be that chosen one!

Hardware: Rivals (Beta Trial)
    PS4 — Digital (Out 9/30, PS Plus Only)

Suit up, pick your perks, select your vehicle and come and join us in the Hardware: Rivals Open Beta! It’s all-terrain, all-weather carnage as Tanks and Fast Attack Vehicles (F.A.V.s) go head to head across multiple maps and game modes.

Journey Collector’s Edition
    PS4 — Digital

Soar above ruins and glide across sands as you explore an ancient world where life once flourished. With stunning visuals, haunting music, and unique online gameplay, Journey delivers an experience like no other. Includes critically-acclaimed games Flow and Flower. (You’ll get the PS3 and PS Vita versions of Flow and Flower later this week. This has been edited for clarity.)

Mega Man Legends
    PSone Classic — Digital

Take control of everyone’s favorite blue bomber, Mega Man, and save the island of Kattelox. Discover the truth of a mysterious disappearance, and find the long lost family treasure — the Mother Lode.

NBA 2K16
    PS4, PS3 — Digital, Retail

NBA 2K is back with the most true-to-life NBA experience to date with NBA 2K16. Featuring an all-new career experience written, directed and produced by acclaimed filmmaker Spike Lee. Guide your player through the complete NBA journey.

Onigiri
    PS4 — Digital

Onigiri is a action MMORPG where you can use various types of weapons to combat monsters. In a fantastic world that mixes Japanese history, legends, folklore and fairytales, the story will take you and your companions through an exciting journey.

Persona 4: Dancing All Night
    PS Vita — Digital, Retail

Welcome to the Midnight Stage! The music is starting up, so get ready to boogie with the Persona 4 crew in their newest adventure!

Prismatic Solid
    PS4 — Digital

Experience the abstract yet dangerous world of Prismatic Solid through its simple shapes and geometric aesthetic. Swim through a torrent of bullets in this stylish top down vertical shooter as you dodge flashing lasers, debris from explosions, and fluttering embers.

Samurai Warriors 4-II
    PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail on PS4

The last title released for the tenth anniversary of the Samurai Warriors series, Samurai Warriors 4-II is here at last! Naomasa Ii appears as a playable character for the first time, and the various personalities of the age are explored in more depth in Story Mode.

Thief Town
    PS4 — Digital

Thief Town is a local multiplayer stealth party game for up to four players. Stab your buddies in a pixel-perfect rendition of the Wild West! Lurk in the crowds, emulate non-player characters, and achieve backstabbing victory.

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5
    PS4 — Digital, Retail

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 offers a fresh take on combo-driven skateboarding, the most advanced online multiplayer experience, and a state-of-the-art skatepark builder. Ride, build, and repeat.

Toto Temple Deluxe
    PS4 — Digital

Toto Temple Deluxe is a fast-paced, local-multiplayer king-of-the-hill style game in which players must steal an egg-laying goat from their friends and try to keep it on their own head for as long as possible. You know, normal stuff.

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (Demo)
    PS4 — Digital

From the groundbreaking storytellers at Naughty Dog, comes the genre-defining epic that revolutionized adventure storytelling, rebuilt by Bluepoint Games with the power of PS4.

Persona 4: Dancing All Night hits this week and it's gonna be a wild ride. Get in and get funky.

A surprising release this week is Mega Man Legends as a PSOne classic, something I don't think any of us thought was possible. But it's gonna happen.

It's kind of digital heavy otherwise, but Samurai Warriors 4-II (I guess it's Xtreme Legends under a different name, basically) hits retail for PS4, as does Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5. Also there'll be an Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection demo...somehow. I would guess it might be a part of 1 (to show the main differences) or part of 2 for wow factor.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    I got my email from Amazon that my copy of P4:DANCE (I refuse to call it anything else) has shipped.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Tony Hawk 5 is my only pickup this week

I'll check out the demo for Uncharted and then lament the fact that they likely will not sell the three games individually