As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Where are you PAX Southers From? South 2016 Forumer Attendees Map

• RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    @invinciblebears, another person from Corpus! Yay!

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • IrsoolIrsool Registered User regular
    Going to PAX-S for the second time from Laredo, Texas, with my wife and a small army xD

uV3Kd9v.png
  • ColeTColeT Registered User regular
    Coming in from Raleigh, NC. This is my second South, 3rd PAX (East 2014)

225px-RedHat.svg.png
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Second PAX South (plus two Primes now as well), coming in from Provo, Utah! I gave myself a little bit more time in the city before the convention this year, to hang out and eat too much BBQ, so it should be a pretty excellent trip!

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I somehow always am surprised when I do my count. This will be my 13th PAX.

• ScaryGaryScaryGary Registered User regular
    Second Pax South from Anchorage Alaska! Super excited to go again!! WOOO

First Pax: Pax South 2015!!!
    Second Pax: PAX PRIME 2015!!
    Third Pax: PAX SOUTH 2016 GET HYPE!!!!
    Proud Alaskan!
    Updated!

• ElectroismElectroism Registered User new member
    Second Pax South from Cali.

• Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Atalla wrote: »
    Hubby and I coming in from the Hawaiian islands Hilo, hi to be exact. Second year at pax south, but prime three times and East twice!

That's a heck of a trip! I lived in Hilo for two years, miss it sometimes, but not when I'm hearing about the Volcano making people evacuate, haha!

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • ColeTColeT Registered User regular
    Pretty stoked about the number of folks centered around the Triangle in NC so far!

225px-RedHat.svg.png
  • caninefangcaninefang Registered User new member
    this will be my second pax south. i live here in san antonio. if anybody needs knowledge of where to get good food that isnt downtown please let me know or ring my doorbell.

• MidanMidan Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    This will be my second Pax and my second South! :) Traveling from northern rural Texas again, hopefully some more people come from around me so my dot isn't so lonely. Lol

Midan on
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Midan wrote: »
    This will be my second Pax and my second South! :) Traveling from northern rural Texas again, hopefully some more people come from around me so my dot isn't so lonely. Lol

There are other PAX communities (and this one isn't as big as you'd think). If you are looking for a drive buddy, try looking at some of those. Like the Reddit one.

• DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Dolarrah from Hackettstown, NJ returning to South after a fun time last year. Was nice to see it be about the indies and not the overhype EAST has become.

• EtaoinEtaoin South Barcrawl Lead, Omeganaut S16 TexasRegistered User regular

If I remember correctly from last year you aren't too far away from me in Wichita Falls :biggrin: so your dot will have company.

7paDBmR.png
    Updated!

• wickedtexanwickedtexan Belton, TXRegistered User regular
    We're about a two hour drive north. We went last year, had a blast. We stayed at the Riverside Plaza, which isn't right on top of the CC, but it was only about $90 a night and close enough to walk.

• wickedtexanwickedtexan Belton, TXRegistered User regular
    I'll be coming from Temple, Texas. This will be my 2nd PAX both of them being South of course. 1/28 is my birthday so I'm hoping to get in on the pubcrawl.

In Belton! That is my sons birthday, too! But he'll only be 10, so I don't think he can make the pub crawl.

• Argon3Argon3 Registered User new member
    Fort Worth
    5 hour drive 1 way

• FlyingTurtleFlyingTurtle Registered User regular
    What I want to know is who the heck is coming from the UK on that map. Do they have family here or something? It's not like this is San Diego Comic Con. Heh.

• MaggieTheCatMaggieTheCat Registered User regular
    I guess I should actually shout-out, since I put my marker on the map in the first go-round, huh?

I'm local to San Antonio. Went to South last year, it was my first PAX and I enjoyed it a bunch. I'd really love to hit up Prime or East, but they fall on dates that I do other local Texas events...maybe one year.

Anyway, I'm also helping out for the Cookie Brigade this year, so if anyone is interested in helping out or wants more information, please let me know! We're always looking for volunteers to bake or distribute with us. :)

Etaoin wrote: »

If I remember correctly from last year you aren't too far away from me in Wichita Falls :biggrin: so your dot will have company.

Oh Yea Hi again! Well maybe this year we can get another dot by us! Our area just looks so lonely!! I know their are more nerds around here then just you, me, and my husband! lol

• shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    What I want to know is who the heck is coming from the UK on that map. Do they have family here or something? It's not like this is San Diego Comic Con. Heh.

nope no family - I just use pax (and other con's) as an excuse to travel to the US - 4 Prime's and 1 South so far (last 2 East's have been thwarted by the work boss even tho I had tickets :( )

I also know there were several other UK visitor's for south last year (not including exhibitor's)

To be fair tho last year was also an excuse to cross visiting the Alamo off my tourist bucket list ;)

• JoeSauceJoeSauce KansasRegistered User regular
    Couple people from southwest KS. 2nd PAX cant wait!!

3HeJgC7.png
  • xThanatoSxxThanatoSx Registered User regular
    My wife and I are heading down from the Fort Worth area (Haslet to be more specific). 2nd PAX for both of us - we went to South last year and had a blast. Last year was a 1 day pass, this year it's the 3 days and staying a little closer to the convention center (Springfield Marriott - 5 minute walk instead of the 15 minute walk we had last year).

Can't wait :D

• futilesfutiles Registered User regular
    I just moved to Dallas 2 months ago, from Kansas City. So, I will be coming from Dallas.

• JusKFJusKF Registered User new member
    One more from Hawaii here, Oahu to be precise.

• CupcakesFTWCupcakesFTW TexasRegistered User new member
    o/ from central Texas myself. Even though I live relatively close, I got a hotel in S.A. Because I foresee heavy drinking that weekend.

• crazy1scrazy1s Registered User new member
    I'm taking my son to his first convention ever coming from the Twin Cities. Thought this show would be a good starter for him. :) Just wish I could get his badge for him to open on Xmas morning.

crazy1s wrote: »
    I'm taking my son to his first convention ever coming from the Twin Cities. Thought this show would be a good starter for him. :) Just wish I could get his badge for him to open on Xmas morning.
    You should email them and see if they couldn't send you an old one from last year or maybe a defective one that can't be used. That way he would still get the effect of opening up the badge during Christmas but with no risk to actual badges. (If they are even shipped at that point, usually it is a bit later when they ship)

crazy1s wrote: »
    You should email them and see if they couldn't send you an old one from last year or maybe a defective one that can't be used. That way he would still get the effect of opening up the badge during Christmas but with no risk to actual badges. (If they are even shipped at that point, usually it is a bit later when they ship)

I would just print out a badge and put that in a box with a note. Althogh if your son is familiar with Willy Wonka, you could make a PAX Golden ticket and that would probably be just as clear.

• crazy1scrazy1s Registered User new member
    These are great ideas. I think I might combine them both and make my own badge for him. Just let him know it isn't official. :)

• krovekkrovek Registered User regular
    I just posted mine im from Fort Worth, Texas

• OramiOrami Registered User regular
    Arlington, Tx only a few hours drive away.

• UnimatrixZeroUnimatrixZero Cult Leader / Cosplay Photographer El Paso, TXRegistered User regular
    El Paso, TX. Something like an 8 hour drive, but I choose to fly and make the trip in record time. I think less than 2 hours. Worth it.

• basotlbasotl San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular
    I just posted mine. I'm another local from San Antonio here. This will be my first PAX but I have been to several other gaming conventions when I lived in SoCal.

El Paso, TX. Something like an 8 hour drive, but I choose to fly and make the trip in record time. I think less than 2 hours. Worth it.

Yay! Even living in Tucson, I'm on the inner edge of people flying to South. It's nice to have somebody closer flying.

• quikblendquikblend CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Coming from Pacifica, CA. This will be my sister and I's first PAX. Cant wait to say hi to everyone!

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Coming from Austin with my wife and three teenagers (two kids and their friend). 2nd time and I am v excite!

that post reminds me that it's been a little while since I've pushed an update. I promise I will do that this week!