As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Play Final Fantasy 12 Together - Week 12. Bahamut.

1353637383941»

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    ultima was more trouble than its worth

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I hate permadeath and I hate the possibility of being screwed just because of your build. I mean, I keep multiple save files in general, but I heavily dislike the idea of having to lose an unspecified amount of time finding the junction where I can unscrew my mistakes of the past. It's like Chrono Trigger except "The future refused to change" is a bad thing.

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Mild spoilers for Revenent Wings
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJHtJ7iElhk

Look, all I'm saying

is that they're super not talking about the view from the Strahl

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »

Look, all I'm saying

That had a lovely amount of potentially Unresolved Romantic Tension!!!

Niiice<3<3<3

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

Look, all I'm saying

WHAT IS WRONG WITH BALTHIER'S FACE!?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    They just shaved a couple inches off his cheekbone, no worries, I'm sure he won't miss it

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Ah God

I should go after Ultima and Omega first, just because the Yagyu Darkblade is down there and I'll want that for Yiazmat

I know what I'm doing with my Saturday

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Ah God

I should go after Ultima and Omega first, just because the Yagyu Darkblade is down there and I'll want that for Yiazmat

I know what I'm doing with my Saturday

Got confused for a second until I remembered the IZJS version. Coincidentally the fact that I'm playing Vanilla is what tempered my expectations for all ultimate weapons because the Danjuro only drops from Larva Eater and HAHAHAHAHAHA fuck farming that guy

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Found the lvl 99 Red Chocobo. Used a Bacchus's Wine on it, then Decoy/Reverse on Fran. Proceeded to beat the thing unconscious. Got lucky! It dropped a Gemsteel and a Ribbon. That seems useful!

With that Gemsteel I've put together the Masamune I, which means that Basch is now carrying the Genji Shield. He has 70+ Evade, 5 Magic Evade, and between the Magepower Shishak and the Lordly Robes he has about 90 Strength and 90 Magic

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Update: yesterday Wyborn beat up Ultima, as well as Omega XII, with some crystal navigating assistance from yours truly

He also managed to (with the assistance of the RNG Cure List) grab a Gendarme from Ultima's room, and its ability to heal all elemental magicks is proving pretty danged handy against Yiazmat

Speaking of Yiazmat, he's now down to the last five million HP, but that's when the thing goes entirely berserk. I think I hear weeping from behind me

signature.png
  • Options
    THESE LAST FIVE MILLION HP ARE NUTS

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Yiazmat is dead

I think those last 5 million HP would be easier in the base game just because you can get more people with Arise

That was pretty easily the toughest boss in the game by a wide margin; Omega could have had 100 million HP and not been that harrowing

All right. That... that's enough for now.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    I used Reverse for Yiazmat's last 5 million hp, was super freeing (though it meant I couldn't use mega/elixirs for MP because I was worried I'd wipe my own party). I imagine the fight as a whole is much easier in Zodiac edition (depending on your party) because you can inflict Wither on him to reduce his attack.

Sorry I missed all the ending discussion! If suggestions are still open for I'd like to put forward Digital Devil Saga for the the PS2.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    Wyborn chose not to have any jobs that would know Wither. :D;;;

And @Shen we'll be playing Spec Ops: The Line followed by Final Fantasy Tactics (with or without WOTL)

signature.png
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    Boo, I knew Destiny would be the end of me. I'll have to hook up my PS3 for Spec Ops, and when I last played FFT it was directly after Tactics Ogre so I wasn't especially impressed, maybe it'll go over better on a second pass.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    Ok, FINALLY had time to play this dang game today. Decided I want to go ahead and see the ending and maybe worry about the rest of the hunts and stuff later, so I can come read the thread.

I was kind of surprised by how much Vayne took up Cid's mantle in terms of the occuria. It seemed like that was much more his focus than the empire. But, if that was the case, I don't really get why he needed to keep fighting? I would have thought once the sun-cryst was destroyed that would have basically accomplished their goals. He was pretty lucid throughout, so it didn't seem like he just lost control or anything.

At any rate, I enjoyed the ending, everyone had a very appropriate ending for their character. Hopefully I didn't come across as too negative through the thread, because I do like this game. I kind of want to try out the Zodiac version to see how much it fixes, but not enough to put any effort into getting it working. Ultimately I basically have the same opinion of the game as I did when I first played it, which is that it's really fun to play, and the characters are likeable, but most of the depth in the story doesn't involve you, and there's a ton of grinding. One of the better FF's, but not good enough to dethrone my favorites, 5 and 9.

Having said that, thanks again to Wyborn for setting this up, it was fun. I'll have to see if I go along with the club again, this was a big timesink....As much as I like FF5, I'm kind of glad that wasn't the pick, so I can take a break. I never finished tactics though...

sig.gif
  • Options
    Also, I was going to try to go through and pick out quotes to make a big post to support my conspiracy theory that Ashe is really just a power mad greedy monarch, but I totally don't have time, and I'm not going to bother now. :P

sig.gif
  • Options
    Also, I was going to try to go through and pick out quotes to make a big post to support my conspiracy theory that Ashe is really just a power mad greedy monarch, but I totally don't have time, and I'm not going to bother now. :P

The whole game, or just at the beginning of the game?

Because I might actually agree with you if you're saying her initial reason for raising the rebellion and initially searching out the shards was motivated primarily by a rather self-interested desire for power and revenge.

I think that goal changes through the course of the game, though, as she realizes she has been selfish and needs to consider the well-being of the Dalmasican people before her wounded pride.

• Options

The whole game, or just at the beginning of the game?

Because I might actually agree with you if you're saying her initial reason for raising the rebellion and initially searching out the shards was motivated primarily by a rather self-interested desire for power and revenge.

I think that goal changes through the course of the game, though, as she realizes she has been selfish and needs to consider the well-being of the Dalmasican people before her wounded pride.

Mostly the beginning, but on through the bulk of the game. I would have argued that the first point where you can be SURE that Ashe actually has her people's best wishes at heart is when she decides to destroy the sun-cryst. For pretty much the rest of the game leading up to that, the actions of a power hungry despot would have overlapped very significantly.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I... actually agree with you, although I'd say 'despot' is a little harsh, considering her past and her age. I think through most of the game she's a very confused and very angry young lady, only coming around to the more mature understanding of her role as a leader with the help of her friends.

Edit: Also that I think a large part of the third act hinged on the party (Balthier and Fran in particular) being unsure as to what Ashe would ultimately do. I think they were also wary as to her motivations, and concerned that she'd allowed her hunger for revenge to overtake her.

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    Well that's why I didn't actually CALL her a despot, I'm saying hers and a despots would be very similar. I'm also being kind of tongue in cheek at this point, or at least trying to be.

sig.gif