As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My desire to know more intensifies. (Identify this bug!)

RendRend Registered User regular
@Bugboy I SUMMON THEE, LEND ME YOUR AID

vekkemm66uha.jpg

I've found three of these little guys. They're super tiny, that's the clearest picture I could get on my phone. It was probably an eighth of an inch, maybe even less. One was in a laundry sheet, one was on the bed, one was on the bathroom wall, three in a couple days, have never seen them before. My google-fu suggests they might be larval Carpet Beetles, but I am not 100% certain.

My questions are:
1. Am I correct in my identification, or no?
2. Is 3 in just a couple of days sign that they've infested or that there are a ton of them? Can they deal damage?
3. At what level of orbit do I nuke it (just to be sure)? (what do I do)

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I'd have to see a better picture, but yeah that looks about right.

It can be a sign of infestation, if you see a few more over the next few days call an exterminator.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Agreed. It does resemble a larval carpet beetle, though I'm not certain.

Carpet beetles can inflict damage, but I don't have the experience with them to know how much and what sort of action is appropriate.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Yeah, gonna go with "carpet beetle larvae" and they can do SOME damage to linens, but wash and dry things on high heat and vacuum a lot and you should be fine

strangely this advice works for most household insect infestations

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    W... why is that strange?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Because most people bug bomb their house instead of cleaning it.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me