As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Look at me, I'm flying ! Woooo ! (after the servers come up)

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Had a really goddamn good raid tonight.

Last week, while I was travelling, they nailed Socrethar heroic, and then went on to 3shot Fel Lord heroic.

This week, we repeated both with a oneshot, and also oneshot H Iskar, which was a first. And then we went on to oneshot Heroic Xhul, Heroic Tyrant, and half a dozen attempts to get Heroic Mannoroth, all progression. In two weeks we went from 7/13H to 12/13H.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Meanwhile we spent the whole night on M Soc. I wasn't in the group til the last 30 minutes I dunno what was going wrong for most of the night.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    @Dhalphir what strat did you guys use for Soc? Our biggest issue is figuring out when to get out of the first Phase 2; and then things start going South.

• Options
    If you're going to go back in P1 at all, it's best to do it before the 3rd dominator. Otherwise you're going to have 6 Marks out and it will stress the shit out of your healers.

• Options
    The 3rd dominator is also around when the portals swap positions, which is normally when people start messing stuff up as well.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Mugsley wrote: »
    @Dhalphir what strat did you guys use for Soc? Our biggest issue is figuring out when to get out of the first Phase 2; and then things start going South.

Heroic Soc?

You want to exit the first phase 2 shortly before the portals move. For us that was about 25% on the Soul.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    I tell you what, I really love Heroic Xhul'horac. It's one of the few fights where I enjoy the heroic mode more than the normal one, because it's exactly the same fight, just harder.

Lots of fights in HFC are totally different normal -> Heroic. Not extra mechanics, but because of the way the number increases work out, making previously trivial mechanics super important. For example, Fel Lord. On normal, it really doesn't matter if you accidentally let a seed explode in the group, or let a wave hit a pillar. It'll hurt, but your healers can easily compensate. On heroic, it's a wipe.

Whereas on Xhul, dropping fire in bad places and allowing explosions on your raid will wipe you in normal just as readily as it will in heroic, but heroic just makes it all harder requiring better practise. Linearly scaling difficulty, not exponential.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    you want to transition back to construct before the third dominator comes out; it's likely that the third dominator's shield will allow socrethar to break the construct tank out anyway, and then you have to transition with fresh gifts up

depending on the construct's health, you should just stop interrupting one or two casts after the second dominator dies. Leaving phase two a little bit early doesn't matter that much, since you have to do a second one anyway

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    Went ahead and rerolled. Worst part about being on a new server? Being Broke. Trying to transfer some gold using battle pets, but people aren't buying sadly.

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    you want to transition back to construct before the third dominator comes out; it's likely that the third dominator's shield will allow socrethar to break the construct tank out anyway, and then you have to transition with fresh gifts up

depending on the construct's health, you should just stop interrupting one or two casts after the second dominator dies. Leaving phase two a little bit early doesn't matter that much, since you have to do a second one anyway

the bolded definitely isn't true. We ended up getting a third dominator because our construct was at 60% hp still after the first two.

• Options
    Got Soc on the first pull tonight, no prot tier :( still got 695 gloves. Did get a warforged haste/spirit cloak though. Only 717 though, compared to our geared to the tits resto druid who's at a comfy 722.

• Options
    @Madican how did things go with your raid?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Inconclusive. I was brought in from the start, but I learned that one of the warlocks had gotten banned for three hours for trolling (which he does often), so it's anyone's guess whether it was because they wanted me or I was the runner-up. I won't know until Friday when they do Mythic again, if the warlock doesn't get themselves banned again, second time in a month already. However by hanging out in Mumble afterwards I've seen rumblings of strain in the guild. For example, one of the warriors is apparently incensed that there's even the mere possibility I might get the Heroic version of the Drinking Horn trinket off Mannoroth, which is a vital part of Frost DPS in any of the three versions and I don't have it yet, because he's been running Mannoroth longer and he only needs one more piece of loot from the raid so he feels it wouldn't be fair to deny him. However, this is a problem in the team where when people get all the loot they need, they are not inclined to keep running for the people who haven't gotten all of their stuff yet. Last night we did Heroic cleanup and half the team flat-out did not show up.

Madican on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    We had a BM Monk tank that did this to us after he got his vital gear. He stopped showing up for Normal farm nights. Then school started so he quit the raid.

I mean, I get why people do this, but FFS the others all helped you get your stuff. Help them get theirs so the raid can progress. In the meantime, you get crystals for bypassing content later; and you get items for upgrading the ilvl of your ring.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Madican it sounds like you're with a group of a bunch of real fucking idiots if they don't plan on doing Mannoroth every single week, because you need to do at least Mannoroth every week to do an Archimonde every week, to get the Ring upgrade, every week.

• Options
    Viskod wrote: »
    Madican it sounds like you're with a group of a bunch of real fucking idiots if they don't plan on doing Mannoroth every single week, because you need to do at least Mannoroth every week to do an Archimonde every week, to get the Ring upgrade, every week.

No, they are planning on doing Manno and Archi every week for exactly that reason. I'm saying that people aren't showing up to clear the rest of the Heroic bosses.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

No, they are planning on doing Manno and Archi every week for exactly that reason. I'm saying that people aren't showing up to clear the rest of the Heroic bosses.

Those people not showing up need to be the first sat.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Went ahead and rerolled. Worst part about being on a new server? Being Broke. Trying to transfer some gold using battle pets, but people aren't buying sadly.

Buy a token and put it up should get about 28k from it if you really want a cash infusion.

• Options
    Well if a raid is planned and people just don't show up, the statement still applies. Sounds very disorganized and full of selfish people that don't put the group over their selves.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Those people not showing up need to be the first sat.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »

Buy a token and put it up should get about 28k from it if you really want a cash infusion.

I've got 100k plus on another server. Just trying to get some of that onto a new character is annoying.

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Well if a raid is planned and people just don't show up, the statement still applies. Sounds very disorganized and full of selfish people that don't put the group over their selves.

There is a calendar invite used, but it seems to be an arcane mystery for some people to accept or decline. That said, the raid leader does recognize that real life comes first, and some have legitimate reasons to not be there. It would also help if Sunday was considered a "mandatory" raid night like Friday and Saturday.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    It took me all night to finish Pandaria for the pets
    Stupid third pet option for some of them
    Now all I need is eastern kingdoms and the o so rare Scorpion from blasted lands of old

And seriously F the unborn Valk I look and look slaughtering every battle pet that pops in it's place for NOTHING

• Options
    Not being able to attend is different from "not showing up" you said on farm nights that half of the team just doesn't show up, as in not accepting or declining invites and just not showing, or accepting invites and not showing anyway, because I would assume most of these people don't need anything from farm and don't want to be bothered to do bosses they don't need.

I mean, if one of them literally got banned for trolling, then they just sound like a group of dumb fucks. You'd probably be better off dropping your name on Plenty of Orcs.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Woo, killed the first few bosses in heroic HFC for the first time last night and got a heroic tier hat with a socket.

The priest hat still looks dumb, but the red & gold colors of the heroic version make it more bearable.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    The one who got banned from trolling isn't actually part of the guild. They're just acquaintances with some of the members and do major DPS, which is why they're brought even when apparently no one sheds a tear when his dumbassery gets him the hammer. As for the rest, some of them do need stuff from the earlier bosses, like DSI from Council, but we're so close to them in Mythic they'd rather just try for the stuff in that mode.

Like I said though, I'll wait to see what happens this Friday.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Sooo, did they even further nerf gold missions with the flying patch or something? Because I was making like 800+ gold a day from missions before I took a break (a couple weeks before the flying patch) and since I came back a couple days ago my income has been absolute trash by comparison.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    You absolutely need Treasure Hunters if you want to make gold off garrison missions. I can still pull in about 500-600 per day with them.

• Options
    Mythic Velhari down. I never want to do that again.

I'm doing it again Thursday.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I've got a feeling that Dac has treasure hunters if they were making 800+ gold a day from the normal missions alone.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Yes they did nerf the gold missions.

Viskod on
  • Options
    Yes they did nerf the gold missions.

Sadly yes which is why I want a return to dailies
    It gets you out of your corner or wherever you loiter. They are fun and quick and help you do other things like rep instead of relying on a tabard or tokens that don't seem to drop.

• Options
    They nerfed the gold missions so that you only get the full amount on the first character you do them on per week, then each character after has a reduced amount.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    what they did was make the 'spawn' chance of gold missions diminish when you have multiple max level garrisons; the consensus seems to be that three max-level alts/garrisons is the sweet spot and more than that is fairly useless (from a gold mission standpoint anyway.) It should be about the same if you only do them on one character, although I'm not sure how/if other max level characters eventually stop counting 'against' you.

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    That's kind of shitty.

Cause it screws you over if you have a lot of alts and, y'know, would like to actually go to Tanaan with them and do the apexis dailies(which requires a max level garrison of course).

• Options
    edited September 2015
    It doesn't screw you over if you have a lot of alts. It's just diminishing returns - someone with ten max level characters won't earn ten times the gold of someone with only one main character. Which seems fair to me, because garrisons were ludicrously profitable.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Ah I misunderstood then. Well you still make more money if you do what I do. I basically have my characters set up to consistently produce Felblight crafted upgrade items every week.

• Options
    whooo 52 coins from the beer run a new record!
    I have been doing the beer run brewfest dailies since 5k is a little steep to upgrade a heirloom compared to 500 beer coins which is doable and a fun way to waste 20 minutes
    I am only upgrading the heirlooms since Blizzard has not reduced the exp to level to 100 and it's not a fun leveling story this time and very hard to skip parts of it

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Had a really goddamn good raid tonight.

Last week, while I was travelling, they nailed Socrethar heroic, and then went on to 3shot Fel Lord heroic.

This week, we repeated both with a oneshot, and also oneshot H Iskar, which was a first. And then we went on to oneshot Heroic Xhul, Heroic Tyrant, and half a dozen attempts to get Heroic Mannoroth, all progression. In two weeks we went from 7/13H to 12/13H.

After this raid we are getting so much interest from applicants. We're ranked #21 on the server, but everyone above us raids a minimum of three nights a week, and you have to go down thirty rankings to find another single-night guild. I'm really proud of the casually hardcore atmosphere we've built.

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    whooo 52 coins from the beer run a new record!
    I have been doing the beer run brewfest dailies since 5k is a little steep to upgrade a heirloom compared to 500 beer coins which is doable and a fun way to waste 20 minutes
    I am only upgrading the heirlooms since Blizzard has not reduced the exp to level to 100 and it's not a fun leveling story this time and very hard to skip parts of it

Just do that thing where you get those 300% exp pots and finish all the Gorgrond bonus objectives. Shoots you up to like level 97-98.

This discussion has been closed.