As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Look at me, I'm flying ! Woooo ! (after the servers come up)

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Yes, it does balance out with more traditional moneymaking methods now. Prior to 6.1 garrisons were far and away the best option - I made 15-20k a week from 7 characters.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    whooo 52 coins from the beer run a new record!
    I have been doing the beer run brewfest dailies since 5k is a little steep to upgrade a heirloom compared to 500 beer coins which is doable and a fun way to waste 20 minutes
    I am only upgrading the heirlooms since Blizzard has not reduced the exp to level to 100 and it's not a fun leveling story this time and very hard to skip parts of it

Just do that thing where you get those 300% exp pots and finish all the Gorgrond bonus objectives. Shoots you up to like level 97-98.

And if you lack the 300% exp pots, just flying around collecting treasure and killing rares with heirlooms on gets you to 100 in very little time.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    There are enough treasures + rares in the entirety of Draenor to go 90-100 after Tanaan intro, without having to do any bonus objectives. Just install a treasure addon and follow the waypoints to victory.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have been doing the beer run brewfest dailies since 5k is a little steep to upgrade a heirloom compared to 500 beer coins which is doable and a fun way to waste 20 minutes
    I am only upgrading the heirlooms since Blizzard has not reduced the exp to level to 100 and it's not a fun leveling story this time and very hard to skip parts of it

Just do that thing where you get those 300% exp pots and finish all the Gorgrond bonus objectives. Shoots you up to like level 97-98.

I have yet to see one of those pots hence why I caved and upgraded heirlooms

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular

I have yet to see one of those pots hence why I caved and upgraded heirlooms

None on the AH at all? Jeez, they're under 3k on my server.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Ok, I need to put up a PSA for Netherweave Bags. If you want steady gold income, they are a fantastic opportunity on nearly every server (I would say *every*, but someone will call me out). Thanks to alts, and mount farming, Netherweave supply is at an all-time high.

For example, I buy Netherweave at 30s or less per cloth; which equates to under 6g per bag (I consider thread costs to be negligent).

Now, I'm a bit of an elitist, so I don't sell my bags for less than 25g each; but even at that price, they still sell. Depending on your server, you can likely sell as many as you want for 10g each and double your money. If you sell at that lower price point, don't post the bags for longer than 12h.

What you're doing in this specific niche is taking advantage of the volatility in price and volume. People are rolling alts pretty much constantly across the server, and this is the simplest way to increase an alt's bag slots with minimal investment. This one item is far-and-away my number one in number of sales across all of my characters. It doesn't seem like a lot of gold, but it certainly adds up. It's also a super easy way to set up starting gold on any alt you are working with.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Also, check the price for the other Sorcerous elements. Most of the time people have them at a severely lower price point than Sorcerous Earth. Simple idea is to get yourself an Alchemist, and get them the transmute recipes so you can make bank.

Just keep an eye on prices and such, but overall most servers have all other elements are half the price of Earth.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »
    Went ahead and rerolled. Worst part about being on a new server? Being Broke. Trying to transfer some gold using battle pets, but people aren't buying sadly.

Buy a token and put it up should get about 28k from it if you really want a cash infusion.

I've got 100k plus on another server. Just trying to get some of that onto a new character is annoying.

If you buy a token for $20 and sell the token on your new alt for gold, then buy a token with gold on your main and use it, you will basically be paying blizzard $5 to transfer 28k gold to another server (since you then will save $15 when your account doesn't bill next month). Up to you if that's a fair price.

• Options
    Well, this just got awkward. Just finished having a mass text message conversation with most of our raid. Looks like we are taking a break for "a little bit" because people seem to be either burnt out or just busy. My biggest worry is that we're going to try to start up again right when the Holidays start ramping up; and no one will have time and we'll have to throw up our hands and say 'screw it.'

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Well, this just got awkward. Just finished having a mass text message conversation with most of our raid. Looks like we are taking a break for "a little bit" because people seem to be either burnt out or just busy. My biggest worry is that we're going to try to start up again right when the Holidays start ramping up; and no one will have time and we'll have to throw up our hands and say 'screw it.'

Yeah, that's a little disconcerting...
    Can't say it's unexpected though =/

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The raid has been out for 3 months, which isn't that long by WoW standards but is going to burn out some people, yeah.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    My guild's raiding was probably at its peak with Blackrock Foundry, but it's also when a few people started quitting or taking a break. After we got our first kill on Blackhand in May, we immediately took a break as a guild from raiding. When Hellfire Citadel arrived, we began raiding again, but only with 10-11 people on average as a few people who took a break decided they were done. Using OpenRaid became a necessity as others began quitting, until we got to the point last Monday where it was 4 of us + people from OpenRaid + randos pulled in through group finder. That was my last raiding night and it sounds like it was the last official guild raid for this expansion.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    @Mugsley :( Well crap.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    So, I was in a mood and decided to re-sub. I mostly kept to myself last time, but I'm starting to want to do a bit more group stuff. What servers have PA presence and such?

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    we're all super spread out. I wouldn't count on finding a clump of people.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Yeah, months ago I'd have told you about our alliance guild on the Draenor realm.

But we ded.

• Options
    Well there goes that idea then.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    There is a SE++ horde guild on i think Cho'gal

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I don't really interact much with the SE++ crowd, so that'd be a bit awkward.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Nah it's not that bad. I find a lot of the whole SE/G&T crowd split to be overblown, a lot of people hang out in both.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Aerie Peak is a very active server, if you are Alliance and like raiding/instances. With group finder and OpenRaid, it's fairly easy to jump into other runs when you feel like doing things.

• Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    The "is there a PA guild" question is the Manrik's wife of these forums.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I'd offer any Horde folks to come join my group on Tues/Thurs, but I think we're taking a break as soon as Heroic Archimonde goes down. We got him to 8% last week so we may kill him on Thursday.

If we do kill him and decide to keep raiding I'll let folks know, but I don't want to give false hope to anyone about joining us just for the guild to go into break mode. I play on Frostmane Horde side currently.

We did this same thing with Heroic Blackhand. I think we killed him 3-4 times and then took 2-3 months off before Hellfire launched. We've done decently in Hellfire and I'm sure we'll be back together in the expansion.

• Options
    We may need to add/fix the OP, since it's time for a new thread, soon, anyway.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    We may need to add/fix the OP, since it's time for a new thread, soon, anyway.

Yup, coming up shortly. If y'all would like to make a better, faster, stronger OP please do, I'll be happy to hand the baton to someone who's willing to put in the time and effort.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    I don't really interact much with the SE++ crowd, so that'd be a bit awkward.

I do but I still play on a rather dead horde side of a realm

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    So it looks like we might be done raiding this expansion. The GM is worn out, we get <10 people on raid nights, and I'm also running ragged. Would have liked to kill heroic Archimonde before that, as we were very close, but some things can't be helped.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    So why is it with socrethar, sometimes I can run through the ghosts that are 'trapped' with the construct, but other times I cant and they blow up on me?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Oh shit. We killed heroic archimonde last night. It's probably a sign that my wow days are numbered, because I this didn't phase me until 5 min ago.

• Options
    MatthewMatthew Registered User regular
    Well, I've decided, the first thing I'm gonna do when I get Ashbringer is use it to solo Icecrown Citadel. Why? Maybe I just feel like being a jerk to Arthas.

EDIT: Also, you guys gotta tell me how you're making all this gold off of the Garrisons. I only got two followers with the Treasure Hunter ability, so how can I get more?

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Level 2 Inn lets you recruit a new follower every week with a specific trait or ability of your choice.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Level 2 Inn lets you recruit a new follower every week with a specific trait or ability of your choice.

Combine multiple treasure hunters with multiple scavengers and a trading post.

• Options
    Plus, you can get reroll items from missions. I *think* you can also buy them with either garrison resources or apexis crystals.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Plus, you can get reroll items from missions. I *think* you can also buy them with either garrison resources or apexis crystals.

They're pretty pricey, 1k garrison resources for one.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    For garrison goldmaking you want Treasure Hunters and a level 3 Tavern/Inn to abuse Gold missions and Scavengers and a Trading Post to abuse converting garrison resources into sellable goods. You definitely want Harrison Jones if you don't have him yet since he has TH and an awesome unique ability.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    So they just announced that you can now do some paid character services from the in-game shop. Fair enough, but man, it is the wrong time to announce anything having to do with the shop. Apparently they knew that going in because the comments have been disabled.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    They should have introduced a Token system so that people could buy those features with gold, it might take some of the bite out of reminding people how crazy the prices Blizzard charges for those services is.

Combine Appearance Change & Race Change into one $20 option (why are they separate options anyways?) and then sell the new "Customization Token" for $10.

Name Change costs 1 token.
    The newly merged Appearance/Race change costs 2 tokens.
    Faction change costs 3 tokens.

Or hell, just discontinue "Appearance Change" as a paid option all together and put all that stuff in the Barber Shop, and let Race Change stand alone for 2 tokens/$20. The Barber Shop already has most of it anyways (and more in some categories...it's still crazy to me that certain hairstyles are not available at character creation and can only be obtained at the Barber Shop).

Lars on
  • Options
    They don't need a new token for customization, there already is a WoW token. Let people use WoW tokens, and buy character services with gold.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    They'd have to drop the price of the current token and make the subscription cost multiple tokens because a Name Change (currently $10) is certainly not worth one of the current tokens.

And changing the value of the current token after people have already stockpiled them seems like a bad idea and probably has a bunch of legal red tape due it's nature.

Creating a separate token that's only used for customization sidesteps all of that, and provides a second fluctuating gold sink.

People interested in cosmetic features and the subscription token may also not really overlap, so keeping them as separate economies that don't influence each other helps with that as well. (edit: Well, not directly influence, but the value of gold will probably roughly equalize after the first few weeks)

Not to mention that Blizzard probably wouldn't want people to just cash in their existing stockpiled tokens for these services when they could instead sell a separate brand new token and get a large influx of cash from people wanting to list the new tokens for the large amount of people willing to pay gold for these services.

Lars on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Bigtime HFC nerfs for raid finder and, surprisingly, normal mode. Archimonde doesn't use wrought chaos at all, they cut out all the add-induced fire on xhul, gorefiend doesn't use shared fate anymore, heart seeker only hits one person and adds have greatly reduced health. Hopefully this makes pugs more accessible so I can start dragging my alts through.

This discussion has been closed.