As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Luke 8:30: "What is thy name ? And he said, Legion."

FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?"Registered User regular
edited April 2016 in MMO Extravaganza
LEGION announced as the next WOW expansion. Go here for the LEGION page: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/legion/

LEGION will be released on August 30.

Note the Beta Opt In button at the top left of the LEGION menu.

Lots of LEGION class previews up on MMO-Champion: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/5292-Legion-Class-Preview-Series-Rogue

Class Hall previews here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/5341-Fire-Mage-Artifact-Intro-Class-Hall-Screenshots

Here's the LEGION trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bwg0YBP_H4

And the "Cinematic Teaser": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmHY6hERT3s

Here is the full LEGION Cinematic Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYNCCu0y-Is

New Zone= Broken Isles http://us.battle.net/wow/en/legion/#world

New Class= Demon Hunter http://us.battle.net/wow/en/legion/#class

Level Cap of 110, includes a character boost to 100. Class boost is available now if you pre-order LEGION.

No weapon drops, instead every class will have a single persistent Artifact weapon that they can develop with drops or quest rewards throughout the expansion. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/legion/#artifacts

Class-specific order halls and followers, sort of a modified garrison.

Release Date: Summer, 2016

In-game shop expanding to include character services: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19908402/in-game-shop-expands-9-30-2015

All wings in Hellfire Citadel, the final raid dungeon, are up. Archimonde reportedly nerfed for LFR, so it may be safe to run alts again.

Patch 6.2.3 arrives on Tuesday: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/393534-patch-623-overview/

Here's the WARLORDS site: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/warlords-of-draenor/

Fairchild on

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Has anyone decided on a class reroll for Legion? I'm currently considering paladin, either holy or tank, or mage.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    In case anyone missed it, there's some huge nerfs to LFR and Normal HFC gone through today.

Kilrog's Heart Seeker now only hits person, regardless of whether or not someone stands in front of it, and his adds/blood globules have less health

Wailing Horror on Council does 30% less damage.

Gorefiend no longer uses Shared Fate, and the Gorebound Constructs will only damage their target (rather than an AoE)

Tyrant's first two auras (damage on movement and reduced max health) now stack more slowly

Xhul's add no longer spawn fire when they hit people (both the imps and the teleporting dudes)

Archimonde doesn't cast Wrought Chaos, and the portals don't spawn Living Shadows any more.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Has anyone decided on a class reroll for Legion? I'm currently considering paladin, either holy or tank, or mage.

Reroll ? I think I'll probably fire up an Alliance side Warrior. And start a Demon Hunter, of course.

• Options
    I'll probably muck around with a DH to see how they play, then go back to my monk.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Probably rolling Mage again in Legion. I played one for years until I tried Death Knight.

• Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    I'll probably muck around with a DH to see how they play, then go back to my monk.

Honestly, ever since monks were added, I haven't really wanted to play anything else in any kind of dedicated manner. I leveled a hunter, rogue, paladin, mage, priest, and DK, and none of them clicked like the monk did. The "slow down" in WoD was short lived, and the class still felt really good the last time I was on. When I get back into the game, I doubt I'll be doing anything differently unless DH is something crazier than the monk in terms of playstyle.

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    Second ring mission completed and STR heirloom ring attained.

• Options

Honestly, ever since monks were added, I haven't really wanted to play anything else in any kind of dedicated manner. I leveled a hunter, rogue, paladin, mage, priest, and DK, and none of them clicked like the monk did. The "slow down" in WoD was short lived, and the class still felt really good the last time I was on. When I get back into the game, I doubt I'll be doing anything differently unless DH is something crazier than the monk in terms of playstyle.

I just really, really enjoy Mistweaver. The neat way the abilities interact is great. I hope for Legion that they make the current 4pc in a new mastery, because GotS is awful.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or is Blizzard desperately trying to bring back Burning Crusade.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Roe wrote: »

I don't understand this. Demons and Illidan and ... ?

What else makes it like BC?

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Got a socket wf sword from soc tonight, along with mythic tier gloves. Went up 5 ilvls in one boss.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Managed a pre-nerf Normal Archi kill last night, which was nice. And then I got to listen to a chorus of "that thing is shit" when the class trinket came up. Apparently Shamans are on the short list where it's a super amazing piece of gear.

Failed the roll for Chest, for 4p, on Mannoroth :(

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Oh the Protector Token, are you talking about in regard to Hunters?

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    In case anyone missed it, there's some huge nerfs to LFR and Normal HFC gone through today.

Kilrog's Heart Seeker now only hits person, regardless of whether or not someone stands in front of it, and his adds/blood globules have less health

Gorefiend no longer uses Shared Fate, and the Gorebound Constructs will only damage their target (rather than an AoE)

Tyrant's first two auras (damage on movement and reduced max health) now stack more slowly

Xhul's add no longer spawn fire when they hit people (both the imps and the teleporting dudes)

Archimonde doesn't cast Wrought Chaos, and the portals don't spawn Living Shadows any more.

Never had a better place (outside of the Mad Max thread) to use that Lovely Day reaction.
    Some of these seem geared towards ensuring you can run Normal at any size raid or any DPS composition, which is a goal I approve of. (Specifically the Gorefiend, second Kilrogg, Xhul, and Archimonde nerfs.) Save "sorry we've got too many melee already" for Heroic. I wonder if this is heralding the total removal of LFR in Legion?

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    antherem wrote: »

Never had a better place (outside of the Mad Max thread) to use that Lovely Day reaction.
    Some of these seem geared towards ensuring you can run Normal at any size raid or any DPS composition, which is a goal I approve of. (Specifically the Gorefiend, second Kilrogg, Xhul, and Archimonde nerfs.) Save "sorry we've got too many melee already" for Heroic. I wonder if this is heralding the total removal of LFR in Legion?

I'd say most of the nerfs seem in regards to positional requirements that, if not followed, can hurt the entire raid. A poorly placed/ignored wrought chaos/heart seeker/shared fate can wipe the raid, as can people in melee range who don't pay attention to adds. Because it is definitely frustrating to be wiped during a pug by one person not paying attention, or even disconnecting.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Not everyone hates the Legion

I am still very curious what the class hall looks like for warlocks

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Not everyone hates the Legion

I am still very curious what the class hall looks like for warlocks
    I'm going to guess Archimonde phase 4 inside.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Managed a pre-nerf Normal Archi kill last night, which was nice. And then I got to listen to a chorus of "that thing is shit" when the class trinket came up. Apparently Shamans are on the short list where it's a super amazing piece of gear.

Failed the roll for Chest, for 4p, on Mannoroth :(

It's actually great for Unholy DK! It actually makes the spec viable in HFC. It's godawful for DW Frost, though it's good for 2h frost, but you wouldn't be caught dead with a 2h in frost. I've heard its a big "meh" for Blood DK.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    antherem wrote: »

They'd be stupid as hell to remove LFR now.

It fills a niche that Normal doesn't, regardless of how hard some people try to claim otherwise. Unless they make it where you can queue for Normal basically. I personally suspect them to go back to how things were in MoP, where LFR was a little more than braindead but still easy. And it actually gave you the same stuff, just with worse stats. This whole "Oh you don't get to have the neat tier armor, or these super OP trinkets. Why? Cause fuck you, that's why." Thing was kind of a low blow, especially when the difference between a class with or without their tier bonuses or Archi trinket is night and day.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Maybe they'll remove LFR, dumb Normal down even more, and let people queue for "Normal".

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    So am I a rare bird that thought Wrought Chaos was just a nuisance? I mean, you can reposition easily and stay in melee range.

Same with the Council nerf. You're given so much warning for the Horror that repositioning is nearly an afterthought.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    People are really, really dumb.

The nerfs will make knocking down Normal Manny and Archi easier for your crew though.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    So am I a rare bird that thought Wrought Chaos was just a nuisance? I mean, you can reposition easily and stay in melee range.

Same with the Council nerf. You're given so much warning for the Horror that repositioning is nearly an afterthought.

All of these mechanics are very obvious and easy to avoid. But...
    Arthil wrote: »
    People are really, really dumb...

^ This is truth.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Personally, I'm willing to play anything I can queue for, but won't do any content where group forming is at the whims of the venomously elitist player base. If they remove LFR, that's one less avenue of content available to me.

reVerse on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular

If both parties had a good idea of how the mechanic works, then yeah you're not going to lose much efficiency out of it. But if one person ignores it, they can make life hell for people who aren't even being targetted

• Options
    MatthewMatthew Registered User regular

I don't understand this. Demons and Illidan and ... ?

What else makes it like BC?

I don't know how may of you guys go on Blizz's offical forums, but that place is dominated by people for whom TBC was "the best, the greatest, the epicest, the only expansion ever worth playing in the history of forever!"

(Vanilla has some worshippers who are like this there too).

I really worry that Blizz listened to these people too much, and that's why we got WOD.

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    I see the Wrought Chaos thing being a big deal when you have fewer members in your raid, and it requires a solid understanding of the mechanic to avoid a ton of unnecessary damage. On normal, it hits targets for around 50% hp, so I can see that being a big deal in a 10 man.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I wonder how many different transmogs there are for using the class weapons, my guess is 2.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    I wonder how many different transmogs there are for using the class weapons, my guess is 2.

? Talking about the artifacts? The previews for Legion showed ~5 variations on Ashbringer, and I'd imagine that's largely standard (although they probably got more creative with Ashbringer than some of the others).

• Options
    And since you can transmog artifact weapons into.... anything there are as many transmogs as there are weapons in the game?

The DPS and Stat increasing cores we're going to socket into them to serve as actual weapon upgrades may also come with their own look depending on where they come from.

• Options
    Wrought Chaos is a simple mechanic made exponentially more irritating when people don't understand which of the two the arrow is pointing at.

It is not uncommon for the raid group to split like Moses parting the Red Sea milliseconds before the giant fuck-off laser blasts through it.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Also when the person who is the source of the laser fucking bounces around like a crack happy rabbit. FFS, when you are the source just stand still and let the target player position it properly.

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    WOD doesn't resemble BC at all.

• Options
    So Blizzard made shipyard equipment unlocks account wide.

But it's not retroactive. My mage started his shipyard last week and has access to the equipment my main has unlocked, but my paladin, who unlocked her shipyard before they made the change, has access to nothing.

• Options
    To continue what I was saying in my last post, it seems to me that WOD is in some ways, a shallow attempt at mimicking Vanilla and TBC. Good questing but nothing to do at endgame except raid or grind mobs for rep points. Now I'm not convinced that this was all the was PLANNED for WOD. That "mystical force" keeping us from landing flying mounts on Shattrath, ad that long stretch of empty land off of Draenor's coast imply that other stuff was intended for this expac. It's not out of the question that there was some catastrophic accident that caused Blizz to lose ton's of content (as some have theorized).

If this is the case I wish Blizz would come forth and admit it. Just say "We screwed up and a lot of planned content for this expac was lost. We're sorry about this and promise to take better precautions next time. Yes, WOD wasn't as good as it could have been, and we accept the full blame for this."

Of course, on the other hand, I can see WOD as simply being a necessary step to reattach us to the Burning Legion for this upcoming expansion. The Legion have been portrayed as our worst enemy possible for most of the RTS, and a good part of the MMO. They've played major and minor roles in pretty much every expac released so far. The Old God's have overshadowed them (and Metzen made a joke about revealing the OG as bein the actual corruptor's of Sargeras, but he seemed to be joking), but now it's time for them to step up again.

Obviously this is meant to be a huge expansion, and Blizz wanted to take certain steps to set it up. Reintroducing Gul'dan being the primary one, and (of course) reminding us of the Burning Legion and just how powerful they really are. Also, at the same time, introduce a new Draenei hero, and give this ignored race some over-due focus. Also give us an chance to explore a long desired land, pre-outland Draenor.

• Options
    They didn't lose content, they just fucked up their production timeline by reintroducing the Titan team into the WoW team.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Definitely would have been nice to see Farahlon, but yeah, I think they just got bogged down and had to cut planned content.

I wonder how much of a part, if any, Yrel and Grom will have in Legion.

• Options
    I imagine that Grom will have little, though that would be disappointing. I would like to see him take what's left of the Warsong of Draenor to Azeroth (despite helping in the last battle, he's not really "popular" on Draenor anymore, so he goes to a new world for a new start with the Horde). He merges his clan with what's left of the old Warsong, and becomes an elite force for the Horde on Azeroth. It helps that he finds out where Gul'dan is, and decides he won't be happy until Gorehowl has decapitated the Warlock.

As for Y'rel. She was one of the highlights of this expac for me, and I would like to find out that a good amount of Draenei from Draenor have settled on Azeroth, with her as their official representative (and for all of the draenei on Alternate draenor) in the Alliance. She would have trouble accepting our Velen, but the two would eventually become close friends and have a student/teacher relationship like the alternate one (it helps that he recognizes her Naaru mark as his own).

• Options
    I hope Grom dies.

Fucking bullshit what happened with him.

This discussion has been closed.