As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MGSV: a logo creation program with a stealth minigame attached

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Episode 45 sure is something.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I really hope I'm not the only one who
    drove a jeep off that cliff into the river to get away from the man on fire in the devil house mission. I really thought that was what you were supposed to do

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    I really hope I'm not the only one who
    drove a jeep off that cliff into the river to get away from the man on fire in the devil house mission. I really thought that was what you were supposed to do
    Close.
    One way to take him out is to get him to go near the cliff then drive the jeep into him to knock him into the river.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I really need to get better about doing main missions. I keep getting sucked into side stuff.

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    why can't i drive my car off the edge of mother base

this is an outrage

But you can get a game over by finding a random soldier and tossing him off!

why can't i drive my car off the edge of mother base

this is an outrage

But you can get a game over by finding a random soldier and tossing him off!

Uh. The edge of the platform.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    no you get a game over for the first one too, which is discriminatory considering what you can do with the horse

liEt3nH.png
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    You have to be careful while edging

PNk1Ml4.png
    no you get a game over for the first one too, which is discriminatory considering what you can do with the horse

You can get a game over for driving a jeep into the ocean? That's bullshit. I can just steal another one!

...well I guess that applies to the soldier I threw off the side, too.

I mean, hell,
    after abducting soldiers and indoctrinating them as well as housing child diamond mine workers and implying they'll have no choice but to be soldiers when they grow up, driving a jeep into the ocean or killing a soldier seems kinda trivial in comparison.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

You can get a game over for driving a jeep into the ocean? That's bullshit. I can just steal another one!

i'm making a joke that you get one for tossing off

;D

liEt3nH.png

i'm making a joke that you get one for tossing off

;D

I missed that one

But it makes sense now

I laughed last

I ran into an obnoxious little bug while doing mission 18. I'm standing right next to a tape and can't pick it up. Stupid radio, either let me grab the tape or stop playing the song.

Also... Miller is the worst! He is such an asshole.

Is it possible to kill a gunship by fultoning a shipping container directly under it

PNk1Ml4.png
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Wouldn't that just pop the balloons?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • jaredburtonjaredburton Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Is it possible to kill a gunship by fultoning a shipping container directly under it

I know it's possible to fulton a man wearing c-4 into one.

• MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Wouldn't that just pop the balloons?

I think once the balloon zips upwards its fixed and can't be popped anymore. I think you can only pop it when it is hovering.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular

I know it's possible to fulton a man wearing c-4 into one.

oh my god

IKknkhU.gif
  • klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I haven't checked; can you still attach C4 to unsuspecting guards?
    I want to rig up every person on a base with C4, then start an alarm right before I set them all off.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    Fun time: endless cqc combo against a group of wandering puppets

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Fun time: endless cqc combo against a group of wandering puppets

Think of how much MORE fun it'd be though of snake yelled CONSECUTIVE! C! Q! C!

• CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Has anyone figured out a way to force or trigger a helicopter to land or how to fulton one that is already in the air?

I don't think it is possible to fulton a helicopter.

• Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    Could you maybe hit a helicopter with D-Walker's Fulton Ballista?

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
    edited October 2015
    I looked it up just now and apparently it doesn't work.
    I'm fairly sure there is no support for enemy helicopter fultoning in this game.
    There's several missions you just can't no trace because you have to use a weapon at some point to achieve an objective. Missions that require you to take out a chopper are one type. Others are ones that require you to destroy objectives.
    Such as mission 13. The oil facility. There's no way to take out the tank without a weapon.

Morninglord on
  • Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    For the purposes of no traces, can you fulton things?

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    pretty sure you can, yeah

i think you can also shoot mission targets

• gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    Has anyone figured out a way to force or trigger a helicopter to land or how to fulton one that is already in the air?

afaik, the only way to fulton a helicopter is with d-walker's fulton launcher, and that just counts as destroying it

edited October 2015
    I don't think you can. Firing a weapon at all voids it afaik. You can't even use the water pistol on radios.
    Fultoning is fine.
    I notraced mission 3, a hero's way,
    by holding up the commander, forcing him to lie down and fultoning him with a wormhole.

Also the wormhole is a lot less visible and makes a lot less sound when you fulton enemies after making them lie down. Nearby enemies who didn't directly see it will come investigate the sound but wont necessarily call in an alert.

Morninglord on
    I don't think you can. Firing a weapon at all voids it afaik.

What about setting up a trap or using an explosive bomb where you are not spotted. Another way might be to trick the AI NPCs into doing something dangerous. I know some tricks like that work in other levels.

edited October 2015

What about setting up a trap or using an explosive bomb where you are not spotted. Another way might be to trick the AI NPCs into doing something dangerous. I know some tricks like that work in other levels.

The way the requirement was explained in the guide is that aiming a weapon is fine, but pressing the fire button on any weapon is not. To lay a mine etc you have to press the fire button.

You can use the sonar and the knock commands. You might be able to get someone close enough that you can ram something into them. Since kills not directly caused by you don't count. Eg I'm not sure if knocking over a power line into someone will count.

Also killing anyone also voids no traces. It's one of the requirements, no kill. So whatever you do has to be nonlethal.

Morninglord on

no traces requires (among other things) using no weapons at all: no primary, secondary, or support weapons, including explosives and magazines

you can point your weapon at people to hold them up, but you can't fire it

you can still use items, unless they'd restrict your rank, and you can't use the cardboard box's surprise reveal trick

you can use still use fultons, including the wormhole fulton and d-dog's fulton fetch upgrade, but not d-walker's fulton cannon since that counts as both a) shooting a weapon and b) having a buddy attack, and both of those disqualify you for no traces

The way the requirement was explained in the guide is that aiming a weapon is fine, but pressing the fire button on any weapon is not. To lay a mine etc you have to press the fire button.

You can use the sonar and the knock commands. You might be able to get someone close enough that you can ram something into them. Since kills not directly caused by you don't count. Eg I'm not sure if knocking over a power line into someone will count.

Also killing anyone also voids no traces. It's one of the requirements, no kill. So whatever you do has to be nonlethal.

Regarding powerlines, I saw something about electrifying pools of water in a rainstorm. I wonder if that would have any effect on the tanks. For the specific mission, if the tank patrols at all you might find a spot where it goes past a fuel dump. There might be something you can do with that.

edited October 2015
    Woah are you sure you can use Ddog's fulton? Ima test that next time I jump on. It's a buddy command so I thought it'd be restricted.

I also realised, someone just mentioned fultoning a container to take ou a helicopter.
    With patience and trickery this might work, but then you have to worry about the alert.

Since an alert also cancels no traces. By that I don't mean combat, I mean "alert phase" which is what the old caution phase used to be, where they are searching for you but don't know where you are. Can't have that happen either.

Morninglord on
    Well that's why you hold up and fulton every single person on the base first

PNk1Ml4.png
    Woah are you sure you can use Ddog's fulton? Ima test that next time I jump on. It's a buddy command so I thought it'd be restricted.

I also realised, someone just mentioned fultoning a container to take ou a helicopter.
    With patience and trickery this might work, but then you have to worry about the alert.

Since an alert also cancels no traces. By that I don't mean combat, I mean "alert phase" which is what the old caution phase used to be, where they are searching for you but don't know where you are. Can't have that happen either.

You can use buddy commands as long as they aren't attacks, so d-dog can extract and quiet can scout and d-horse can poop

I'm pretty sure that only combat alerts break no traces, not just regular alerts

Has anyone tried remapping the buttons so you technically never press R2

PNk1Ml4.png
    edited October 2015
    gtrmp wrote: »

You can use buddy commands as long as they aren't attacks, so d-dog can extract and quiet can scout and d-horse can poop

I'm pretty sure that only combat alerts break no traces, not just regular alerts

Nah it does. Alert phase is "we know you are out there Mr Intruder man and we will find you"

ie

you left a trace

I managed to draw
    The extraction target in hero's way outside, held him up and fultoned him with the normal balloons. This caused such a hullabaloo that they called in an alert phase. I didn't get no traces. I was never seen, I didn't use any weapons, the only difference between that run and the one I did get no traces was getting an alert.
    I did use dash close to the window and the knock command to cause a suspicion to draw him out, but I already knew from a previous no traces that neither of those can cancel it.

It really is no alert at all. All them guards on patrol need to stay on patrol. You can get suspicions, as long as nothing comes of it and they don't call in an alert.
    I think you can probably cause an alert to get called in and then outrace it to exfiltrate the hotzone though. The alert phase doesn't happen until it pops up in your log. If you manage to get out of the hotzone before they finish investigating, sitting down, pulling out the radio and doing the long chat to CP it probably wont count. But I haven't tested that.

Morninglord on
    @-Tal my trigger and shoulder buttons are swapped. that doesn't work. :)

I can also confirm that using the dive and hold up trick will also cancel No Traces. Bumping an enemy or otherwise coming into contact with them counts.

This discussion has been closed.