As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Luke 8:30: "What is thy name ? And he said, Legion."

• Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    Matthew wrote: »
    To continue what I was saying in my last post, it seems to me that WOD is in some ways, a shallow attempt at mimicking Vanilla and TBC. Good questing but nothing to do at endgame except raid or grind mobs for rep points. Now I'm not convinced that this was all the was PLANNED for WOD. That "mystical force" keeping us from landing flying mounts on Shattrath, ad that long stretch of empty land off of Draenor's coast imply that other stuff was intended for this expac. It's not out of the question that there was some catastrophic accident that caused Blizz to lose ton's of content (as some have theorized).

If this is the case I wish Blizz would come forth and admit it. Just say "We screwed up and a lot of planned content for this expac was lost. We're sorry about this and promise to take better precautions next time. Yes, WOD wasn't as good as it could have been, and we accept the full blame for this."

Of course, on the other hand, I can see WOD as simply being a necessary step to reattach us to the Burning Legion for this upcoming expansion. The Legion have been portrayed as our worst enemy possible for most of the RTS, and a good part of the MMO. They've played major and minor roles in pretty much every expac released so far. The Old God's have overshadowed them (and Metzen made a joke about revealing the OG as bein the actual corruptor's of Sargeras, but he seemed to be joking), but now it's time for them to step up again.

Obviously this is meant to be a huge expansion, and Blizz wanted to take certain steps to set it up. Reintroducing Gul'dan being the primary one, and (of course) reminding us of the Burning Legion and just how powerful they really are. Also, at the same time, introduce a new Draenei hero, and give this ignored race some over-due focus. Also give us an chance to explore a long desired land, pre-outland Draenor.

They actually did say this. Or close to this. It was mostly in reference to Garrisons and the lack of interaction with anything related to it or outside content once you "maxed" it out on a character. It was in a live interview thinger with Lore and some other dude whose name escapes me at the moment.
    reVerse wrote: »
    They didn't lose content, they just fucked up their production timeline by reintroducing the Titan team into the WoW team.

And this is pretty much the reason for WoD not living up to most people's standards after the quest content was consumed.

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Basically what we've learned here is that Blizzard isn't allowed to make another MMO because #1 They waste years and years of time and money and end up going nowhere and #2 It makes the Great WoW Ship begin to tip and sink.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I think part of the Titan reintegration was splitting the WoW team into two: one to work on WoD and the other to work on Legion. So what really happened was they went from a full sized team working on an expansion to a smaller team that was still expected to put out an expansion on the same date the original sized team was. So WoD was basically sacrificed to so they could set up a parallel development pipeline.

• Options
    They'll never admit that it was basically a stepping stone expansion though.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Admitting fault is for pansies and stupid people! If you don't admit you're wrong, you never are wrong!

reVerse on
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Draenor folks need to stay the fuck on Draenor so we can forget that stupid time-travel-but-not-really-except-yes bullshit ever happened.

But no, I'm sure they'll come over and then Grom can join us every year while we put candles around his own grave and Thrally-Sue can hang out with his daddy and become an uncle to himself.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I was really annoyed me that Grom got to stand there in the end cutscene with Khadgar and Yrel all happy that Archimonde was defeated and like..... everybody just forgets that he was like Warlord Prime, Despot Supreme.

Viskod on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    I was really annoyed me that Grom got to stand there in the end cutscene with Khadgar and Yrel all happy that Archimonde was defeated and like..... everybody just forgets that he was like Warlord Prime, Despot Supreme.

Yeah, they did not write that very well at all. I was also amused at how when you save him from Fel Lord Zakuun, he starts beating the hell out of Zakuun's body and says how he's going to carve himself a trophy. Not exactly a trophy he deserved since he did nothing to earn it.

• Options
    Understandable considering what he was doing to him though.

I'm happy about the possibility of seeing Yrel and Durotan to be honest. Azeroth pushed to the brink, fighting hard but losing ground as they lack numbers? In marches a combined draenei and orcish army, all seasoned in fighting the Legion and ready to help their allies.

I'd honestly be shocked if we just go about kicking the shit out of everything in the new expansion anyway, the theme sounds dark. Like Lich King levels of dark.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Admitting fault is for pansies and stupid people! If you don't admit you're wrong, you never are wrong!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hY4iqMfGU4

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    This is bullshit. Blizz said when they announced WOD that Grom would be the big bad. And then they are like, "SIKE! It's ARCHIMONDE again because fuck it!"

• Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    This is bullshit. Blizz said when they announced WOD that Grom would be the big bad. And then they are like, "SIKE! It's ARCHIMONDE again because fuck it!"

Wasn't that Grom announcement before the big chopping block appeared for WoD content?

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »

Wasn't that Grom announcement before the big chopping block appeared for WoD content?
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that announcement was shortly after the expansion's reveal and before the Titan reintegration.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Started Brawler's guild finally. Enjoyed it. Got to Dark Summoner. Died five times to fucking ghosts that weren't anywhere close to me. Ragequit.

Will attempt this more tomorrow because right now I'm very annoyed and it's not helping.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Dark summoner is much easier if you keyboard turn.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Draenor folks need to stay the fuck on Draenor so we can forget that stupid time-travel-but-not-really-except-yes bullshit ever happened.

But no, I'm sure they'll come over and then Grom can join us every year while we put candles around his own grave and Thrally-Sue can hang out with his daddy and become an uncle to himself.

Sadly, the premise of Legion makes forgetting about WoD impossible, as main timeline Gul'dan is long dead.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Was having a really crappy night raiding, not even being able to break 40K no matter what I did, and even though I got in for Mythic Reaver after Heroic Manno and Archimonde I just could not pull decent numbers to catch up to the other two DK's. Then one of them asked me after the raid if my action bars had maybe gotten messed up at some point. I looked at them and my jaw dropped right before I groaned at the sheer stupidity.

Where Howling Blast was supposed to be, and was my memory button, Icy Touch had taken its place and I hadn't even noticed. So the entire three hours I did not cast Howling Blast once, it was all me casting Icy Touch.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    wow

• Options
    The difference between single target and aoe!

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So I have a dumb question which heirlooms should I upgrade to 100? I am going to do the daggers as it's few and far between when it gives you axes and ick maces as rewards

• Options
    Honestly? Don't waste your money on weapons.

Cloth first, leather, plate... mail basically gets ignored by me until I'm bored and have a lot of money.

• Options
    Arthil wrote: »
    Honestly? Don't waste your money on weapons.

Cloth first, leather, plate... mail basically gets ignored by me until I'm bored and have a lot of money.

I bought 2 of the weapon upgrades from the beerfest vendor but I am debating what I should upgrade

• Options
    MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    I wouldn't level any weapons past 90. The 91 crafted weapons are insanely powerful when leveling, much more so than heirlooms, and are so cheap right now just about anyone can afford them. Just with the gold you make leveling to 91 you can buy most of them.

XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    The 2/2 weapon heirlooms do have a small purpose if you're leveling a character on a new server where you don't have the kind of money to buy 91 crafted and get all your garrison upgrades paid for. But, if you do have a rich sugar daddy main, don't bother with 2/2 weapons.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Got through DS, rolled through the remaining two. Rank 8 get, heirloom get.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    I say, upgrade shoulders first. If you're spoiling your alts you're probably gonna craft them or have crafted a weapon, chest and pants at 91. Shoulders give the full 10% XP boost. If you're not going to craft chest and pants at 91, do pants then chest as those have the most stats of any armor piece

• Options
    I have some strange fishing luck. Finally decided to get the Level 3 Fishing Shack + Nat Pagle today, got 5 of the green fish that summon a prize mob, then three fish later I looted Riding Turtle mount from said mob.

Years ago I looted the Sea Turtle counterpart on my first cast into a Jade Lungfish school at the start of Mists.

• Options
    Why would you make the crafted chest and pants? I'd rather have 30% XP than just 10%.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    If you don't have the cash for 2/2 on all of them, I guess? Crafted stuff can be cheaper if you've got the spare crafting stuff just lying around.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    The point is the crafted stuff doesn't have any XP bonus, is the thing/

• Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Started Brawler's guild finally. Enjoyed it. Got to Dark Summoner. Died five times to fucking ghosts that weren't anywhere close to me. Ragequit.

Will attempt this more tomorrow because right now I'm very annoyed and it's not helping.

Wait til you get to Ahoo'ru...

In similar news, I got Brawler today on my main!

oh h*ck
  • Options
    ahoo ru is way easier than dark summoneer

• Options
    I wouldn't level any weapons past 90. The 91 crafted weapons are insanely powerful when leveling, much more so than heirlooms, and are so cheap right now just about anyone can afford them. Just with the gold you make leveling to 91 you can buy most of them.

I play on a rather dead sever so I have to make those weapons

• Options
    then it's even cheaper.

• Options
    Their point is probably that you don't see them on the AH, and when you do they are ridiculously priced.

• Options
    If the weapons go for a good price, might as well sell them. Quest rewards are good enough for getting to 100.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    The crafted weapon are pretty nuts though. You walk around damn near one-shotting things because you've got a weapon that's over 100 ilvls over what you're being given.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    or, if you plan to use it at 100 and gear the toon seriously, 200 ilvls over what you're being given - you can easily boost it to 705 if you have the cash.

• Options
    It's not even difficult to farm the mats either. Even the 90 Felblight comes quickly with Kazzak kills and Ore/Herb/Leather farming. Although the former is considerably preferable to the latter if you have some alts already.

• Options
    I thought Savage Blood would be the only major obstacle to me getting some crafted gear, but then I found they'd reduced the price of it to 25 Primal Spirits and my DK gets those missions like candy. Long story short, I now have 76 Savage Blood.

This discussion has been closed.