As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Arby's causes mass extinction event, thankfully there's [water on Mars]

14567810»

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Wormholes! It's worked for the Federation (and the Dominion I suppose) and Mathew McCaunahaighegh and the Event Horizon.

Well... less so for that last one.

Gellar fields

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Science Magic

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Warp holes.

488W936.png
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    infinite improbability drives are the real answer

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Really Big Slingshots

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Open a dimensional portal to a version of reality where FTL is possible and design an FTL drive that functions in that universe, and then you re-enter at your destination.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Aliens haven't contacted us because they're not human-like they're cool weird xenoplants and shit

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I can't fuck a plant, Tal

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    After a specific point in development a civilization invents/bioengineers cyberweed and they just chill the fuck out

the great filter is for the glowing blue LED doobies

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Not with that attitude

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    The plant aliens briefly consider if the cyberweed is cannibalism, but those moral quandaries are quickly silenced by aforementioned chilling the fuck out

VRXwDW7.png

Not with that attitude

PNk1Ml4.png
    The secret of the universe is that sapience is actually an undesirable trait and the really successful life is dumb

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular

VayBJ4e.png
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

Not with that attitude
    Space ghosted

Would it really be that tragic if humans went extinct and dogs took over

Who cares if they're not "intelligent life"

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Man, I've now gotten worried that potential colonies will go the Snowpiercer route to a reliable sources of protein.

VayBJ4e.png
    Bug meat is totally fine!

PNk1Ml4.png
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Cricket flour is apparently becoming a big thing now.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    I respect other people's welcoming of a existence of consuming bug meat,
    but personally, I haven't yet been persuaded to enjoy crab or shrimp, so I don't see myself coming around.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    For real. Insect protein consumption could solve so many problems on this planet.

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular

GIS

"sexy tree"

b1ehrMM.gif
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Like two peas fucking in a pod.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    is that what chem trail conspiracy theories are about? I thought it was about vapor trails from jet liners or something
    or I guess jeff is just doing a bit

BahamutZERO.gif
    Jeff is doing a bit
    But the people who are actually into that theory claim that the regular old trails left by jet engines are in fact chemicals being spread by the government to mind control us or whatever the fuck

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Well, they're about 30% right

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Either mind control, manipulation of weather patterns, or intentionally spreading carcinogenic or otherwise harmful chemicals through the atmosphere. It's all pretty hysterical.

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Really Big Slingshots

Rail Guns

Best way to launch a spacecraft

I like the little bit tucked in at the end of that article, where it mentions new fabrication techniques for rockets that could possibly half the mass of future rockets

that could make some changes there

VRXwDW7.png
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    Really Big Slingshots

Rail Guns

Best way to launch a spacecraft

Steam or electric?

forumsig.png
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    best way to put a spacecraft into space is to already have it be in space.

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?feature=4734
    A new study from the team behind NASA's Mars Science Laboratory/Curiosity has confirmed that Mars was once, billions of years ago, capable of storing water in lakes over an extended period of time.

Using data from the Curiosity rover, the team has determined that, long ago, water helped deposit sediment into Gale Crater, where the rover landed more than three years ago. The sediment deposited as layers that formed the foundation for Mount Sharp, the mountain found in the middle of the crater today.

"Observations from the rover suggest that a series of long-lived streams and lakes existed at some point between about 3.8 to 3.3 billion years ago, delivering sediment that slowly built up the lower layers of Mount Sharp," said Ashwin Vasavada, Mars Science Laboratory project scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California, and co-author of the new Science article to be published Friday, Oct. 9.

Lakes! Streams!

• Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    For real. Insect protein consumption could solve so many problems on this planet.

I liked the movie but that bit kind of bothered me. Their reaction to bug eating was way too extreme, particularly when later on we learn that
    our hero has eaten other human beings, including at least one baby.