As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo 3DS] THIS THREAD IS DEAD, POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Does the New 3DS XL seriously only come in black or red?

Ugh, preorder cancelled

Really? You could get a plate to change the color, unless the internal colors offends that much. :/

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Ugh, preorder cancelled

Really? You could get a plate to change the color, unless the internal colors offends that much. :/

I thought only the smaller model had plates. D:

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • ElinElin Registered User regular

Ugh, preorder cancelled

Yep, no plates for the XL.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391

Ugh, preorder cancelled

Oh my bad, I missed the XL part. Do what I did I find the Majora's Mask XL. ;)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular

Ugh, preorder cancelled

Alternatively, use a decal!

• DirtyDirty Registered User regular

Ugh, preorder cancelled

But that's the ugliest one of all.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    there aren't any good chassis for the new 3ds

plus the stylus is on the back again. big turn off

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »

Ugh, preorder cancelled

You take that back.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Ugh, preorder cancelled

You take that back.

It a'ight. I'd prefer blue, which I suspect may be coming out here before Christmas.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    there aren't any good chassis for the new 3ds

plus the stylus is on the back again. big turn off

Is the stylus on the non-XL version in the same place?

I'm ok with where the XL stylus is, I just wish it was the original non-xl 3ds stylus telescopic metal one.

edited October 2015

Ugh, preorder cancelled

nintendo-president-slams-ps4-xbox-one-whats-the-difference.jpg

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I'd be super happy just having the damn N3DS officially released in my country in whatever size and whatever for a reasonable price.
    You people should count your blessings. I'd LOVE a black or red or pink or purple nurple n3ds

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    I'd be super happy just having the damn N3DS officially released in my country in whatever size and whatever for a reasonable price.
    You people should count your blessings. I'd LOVE a black or red or pink or purple nurple n3ds

I wish they'd make the damn thing region free.

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular

Ugh, preorder cancelled

Well, Japan has Blue & White, so there's a future possibility of one of those releasing here.

new3dsll_metallicblue_big.jpg

new3dsll_pearlwhite_big.jpg

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I am pretty salty about that not being released here. This N3DSxl is my first non-blue Nintendo handheld since the original brick Gameboy.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Also, if you can I'd recommend checking them out in person. I have the red, my son has the black and the black one is more of a charcoal grey and is really nice looking in person. It is significantly different than the black 3DS.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Man, that blue n3DS is sexy.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    See that is one of the few reasons why I have held off getting a NA Nd3s because I am limited to red or black
    maybe I don't want that option

• pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    I just got the n3DS / Happy Home Designer bundle. Man, the 3D is lightyears beyond the original 3DS. I might actually use it now!

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
    I just got the n3DS / Happy Home Designer bundle. Man, the 3D is lightyears beyond the original 3DS. I might actually use it now!

The stable 3D stuff actually seems really flaky for me. I'll probably switch it off by the end of the week and go back to the old method.

FU7kFbw.png
  • DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular

The stable 3D stuff actually seems really flaky for me. I'll probably switch it off by the end of the week and go back to the old method.

Are you wearing glasses or something?

camo_sig2.png
  • Ark EvensongArk Evensong The NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015

Oh, I complained about this (I think it's the same issue, anyway?)way back when, but I never really posted the followup. Basically, SuperStable3D+ was very flaky in artificial lighting conditions while wearing glasses. Removing glasses made it better, but still finicky. Daylight solved most of it.

Ended up sending it in for repair to Nintendo, got another system back, and no problems since!
    So it might be a hardware defect.

Ark Evensong on
    edited October 2015
    DaringDirk wrote: »

I am. I was trying to play Super Mario 3D Land last night and it would keep trying to correct the 3D even though I was looking at it head on.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
  • OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular

I am. I was trying to play Super Mario 3D Land last night and it would keep trying to correct the 3D even though I was looking at it head on.

You're not the only one to complain about this, and I'm genuinely curious as to the variance in experiences with the feature. I was literally playing in a fully darkened room with my glasses on last night, and not being particularly focused on keeping the screen still or at a great angle to observe my eyes.

Maybe it's a more common hardware issue than I expected or there's a commonality to the types of glasses causing the issue. I know experiences vary, but this just fascinates me considering how big a step up its been in my experience.

• wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    There's also the fact that not everyone's eyes are equal and perhaps certain people with certain eyes have issues with the super stable 3D stuff.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png

Try making sure your light source is behind you. I think it has particular issue with the glare off of glasses. Even though I don't wear glasses my 3ds has a much harder time tracking my eyes when there's light in front of me.

• spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    I wear glasses and have had no problem with 3D on any of the models.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I thought there was a way to recalibrate it?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »
    There's also the fact that not everyone's eyes are equal and perhaps certain people with certain eyes have issues with the super stable 3D stuff.

True! The fact that it works so well for me makes it seem like magic, I suppose, and I'm curious what the technology is struggling to keep up with since it can handle so many things that I would expect to confound it.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Damn this thread. Like I needed any new games or gaming systems, but here I am waiting for amazon to ship my new red 3ds xl and xenoblade chronicles. Should arrive Friday. Fun weekend ahead.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Really long Project X Zone 2 trailer:

https://youtu.be/ryAPxZNVKBI

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    First review of chibi-robo I've seen. It......is not promising. Sounds like a game that's fun but with serious flaws =/

http://www.shacknews.com/article/91649/chibi-robo-zip-lash-review-whip-smart

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Sounds like a future assist trophy.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    oh damn streets of rage 2 is on VC

Anyone else playing Chibi-robo?

I'm torn. in a way I really like the game, but my god the vehicle levels are dumb, and the level progression system is even dumber. I don't think those are enough to run it for me, but they are frustrating.

This discussion has been closed.