As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dumb Things You've Done Recently

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Not me, but someone asked my coworker when she was due. My coworker is not pregnant.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »
    Not me, but someone asked my coworker when she was due. My coworker is not pregnant.

I'm pregnant right now

The father is Carl's Junior.

Worst food baby ever in about 20 hours, I just know it. This burger had onion rings on it!

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    we let our cats come and go as they please

when i left the house the other day, i saw one of our cats walking around on the other side of the street

and i called out and waved to him

and then stood there for a second, lowered my arm, jumped in my car and drove away as fast as i could

I will greet and talk to animals I don't even know like it ain't no thing. All, "Hey squirrel how's it hangin? I saw a decent chestnut tree a couple blocks over. Should really check it out sometime."

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I had a rabbit nod to me once when I greeted it.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    I have a couple of budgies. I whistle back to them when they chirp. I've since caught myself whistling back to random birds outside, the radio, and the microwave.

• Options

when i left the house the other day, i saw one of our cats walking around on the other side of the street

and then stood there for a second, lowered my arm, jumped in my car and drove away as fast as i could

I will greet and talk to animals I don't even know like it ain't no thing. All, "Hey squirrel how's it hangin? I saw a decent chestnut tree a couple blocks over. Should really check it out sometime."

I went for a walk yesterday and there was a dog fenced into one of my neighbors' yards, so I just looked at him and go, "Hey dog!" He jumped up onto the fence (chain link) and barked at me one time and started wagging his tail. "No, really? That's awesome!" I responded. He then gave me three barks in rapid succession and hopped back down.

I'm not sure what he said that second time, but I think he was done with me.

• Options
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

I went for a walk yesterday and there was a dog fenced into one of my neighbors' yards, so I just looked at him and go, "Hey dog!" He jumped up onto the fence (chain link) and barked at me one time and started wagging his tail. "No, really? That's awesome!" I responded. He then gave me three barks in rapid succession and hopped back down.

I'm not sure what he said that second time, but I think he was done with me.

That's a good dog. Capable of having a pleasant passing conversation without hanging on too long.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    People may think I'm crazy for talking to animals, but that's okay, because I have more fun than them and am less stressed out.

Who's fucking crazy now, guy that's probably destroying his liver because his coping mechanism is drinking straight TripleSec and all I do is ask cats about their screenplays?!

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

Man, I miss Jim Varney, Ernest was a staple of my childhood

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

I know what you mean, Vern.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well the coyotes that hang out around the area do a head bob sup' greeting to me when they see me even the very big white one that I do tell people that is one you do not mess with.
    There is a feral cat problem in my neighborhood and now skunks have moved in.
    So I make fun of how it's turning into a urban wild kingdom around here

The large white coyote is probably a coyote dog hybrid it's twice the size of a coyote and looks like it has no problem taking you out. the other problem is 3 or 4 other coyotes hang out with it so it's a little pack running around the neighborhood not giving any fucks about it

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I spend a lot of time around animals so I talk to them a ton. I always wave and say hello when I drive past, and in the mornings I congratulate antelopes on having survived the night, and I warn them if there are predators around.

I've also developed the habit of saying "Hello, ladies." in a sleazy manner whenever I drive past all-female herds of impala.

• Options
    Tons and tons of dumb bunnies live around me
    I'm a rock does not work I am sorry but I will chase you till you understand that running for cover is a better idea
    I guess that's why I get the sup' from the coyotes as they see me chasing bunnies all the time on the walk home from work

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Not only do I talk to animals, but I use different voices to make them talk back, or to talk to other people.
    My brother does this too .. but it's more hilarious when he does it because he makes the cat have a VERY DEEP voice, and greets his roommate with "Hi Papa"

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    When I was 5 I thought I could telepathically communicate with squirrels.

One day while trying to warn a squirrel about a wasp, I ran into several other wasps.

I was like, "Bruh, I was trying to warn you, you did nothing for me."

I was so mad I vowed never to communicate telepathically with squirrels again.

I'm sorry, humanity. I'm just too bitter.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    I spend a lot of time around animals so I talk to them a ton. I always wave and say hello when I drive past, and in the mornings I congratulate antelopes on having survived the night, and I warn them if there are predators around.

I've also developed the habit of saying "Hello, ladies." in a sleazy manner whenever I drive past all-female herds of impala.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4ALqtl2a-I

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular

Ernest Scared Stupid will always have a special place in my heart. I saw it when I was in 2nd grade and it scared me so bad that I couldn't sleep or even walk home in broad daylight without being terrified.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6GhjwPXwwc

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    When I was 5 I thought I could telepathically communicate with squirrels.

One day while trying to warn a squirrel about a wasp, I ran into several other wasps.

I was like, "Bruh, I was trying to warn you, you did nothing for me."

I was so mad I vowed never to communicate telepathically with squirrels again.

I'm sorry, humanity. I'm just too bitter.

When I was like, 10 or so, I went outside our church and saw a couple of mockingbirds and a blackbird or a crow or something across the street.
    I went "Caw! Ca-CAW!" and the mockingbirds just exploded off the ground and flipped out at the other bird and chased it away.

I always wonder what it is I said.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I was talking with a customer who had moved here recently from Missouri.
    He was talking about how things were more "traditional" at his job here, among some other differences.
    So I chirped about how there must be less Hot Dish here!
    llk2iyugg7q2.png

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I don't get it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I mistook Missouri for Minnesota.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Where does hot dish come in

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Hot dish is what people from Minnesota call a casserole. Minnesota is not Missouri I think is why it's supposed to be funny. Because VLY got the state wrong.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Oh

regional names for things, gotcha

Honestly if that map was blank I probably couldn't tell you which was missouri and which was minnesota

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Why are people from St. Louis so sad?

Because they live in a constant state of Missouri.
    The dumb thing was making this joke

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Read that last post

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    pimento wrote: »
    Back in the Windows 95 times I tried to remove Internet Explorer, because I was a cool kid using Netscape Navigator.

After the hard drive was wiped and Windows re-installed, I was still a cool kid using Netscape but IE remained on the system.

When I was in 7th grade, my best friend from elementary school moved to New Zealand for a couple years because his dad got a gig with an orchestra there. While they were gone, we got their minivan, and I got his computer.

This was a big deal for me, because his computer not only had a CD-ROM drive, but also an actual sound card with speakers and a joystick.
    During the time I had it, I decided I'd upgrade the version of DOS on our old computer, since his was newer.
    I attempted to do this by copying config.sys, command.com, autoexec.bat from his to ours, because I knew those were Important System Files.

Our computer stopped booting.

Fortunately, I still had the boot disc the guy who installed TIE Fighter on our computer made that enabled it to play, so it just booted off of that for next 3 or 4 years until we gave it away.

One time I edited the autoexec.bat file to load the old Scorched Earth tank game on my friends computer. But I messed something up so that is all it would do. Load that and then restart.

I fixed it but I forget how. It's ancient history now.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I seem to remember telling this story before, but I can't find it, so here goes.

When I was fresh out of Basic Training, and finally assigned to Camp Hovey in South Korea, I was told by a mechanic to put hydraulic fluid in a Humvee. I asked him how, and he laughed at me, and vaguely waved towards the vehicle and said, "put it in there." So, I opened up the hood, having never worked on a car before, and saw a place to pour fluid down, and so I got the fluid, a funnel, and filled 'er up!

Only, I poured it in the spot where oil was supposed to go. The mechanics had to flush the vehicle clean of oil and hydraulic fluid, all the while cussing me, and me being embarrassed. It was not a good first day at my new post.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    I have a bit of a bittersweet story, that is pretty funny to me.
    So last week I turned in an assignment for my public relations class, and when I double-checked it I realized I had misspelled my teacher's name.
    I asked her if I could re-submit the paper saying I had caught some errors (I didn't fess up to misspelling her name). She said she would allow me to upload it to a different slot and use that one.

This Monday I got her notes on the assignment, and before I opened the word document that had her notes, she said via email that it was perfect, and she loved the writing.
    I opened the doc and it turns out it was the one with the misspelling, which she called out in her only note.

She read it out loud to the class today and said, "I appreciate it when you spell my name correctly everybody."

I have never been put on blast so bad and felt really proud at the same time before.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    When I was like, 10 or so, I went outside our church and saw a couple of mockingbirds and a blackbird or a crow or something across the street.
    I went "Caw! Ca-CAW!" and the mockingbirds just exploded off the ground and flipped out at the other bird and chased it away.

I always wonder what it is I said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnZ1MN16Yvw

• Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular

I was walking along and saw a squirrel trying to open a bristly nut. When I walked up it ran up a tree.

So I took a second to open the nut and get the bristly shit out the way

I walked 20 paces away and watched

He totally went back to grab the nut

It felt hella cool and naturey

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Thorn413 wrote: »

Ernest Scared Stupid will always have a special place in my heart. I saw it when I was in 2nd grade and it scared me so bad that I couldn't sleep or even walk home in broad daylight without being terrified.

Mine were Goes to Camp and Saves Christmas. I should just do a marathon of all of them though one day soon.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I seem to remember telling this story before, but I can't find it, so here goes.

When I was fresh out of Basic Training, and finally assigned to Camp Hovey in South Korea, I was told by a mechanic to put hydraulic fluid in a Humvee. I asked him how, and he laughed at me, and vaguely waved towards the vehicle and said, "put it in there." So, I opened up the hood, having never worked on a car before, and saw a place to pour fluid down, and so I got the fluid, a funnel, and filled 'er up!

Only, I poured it in the spot where oil was supposed to go. The mechanics had to flush the vehicle clean of oil and hydraulic fluid, all the while cussing me, and me being embarrassed. It was not a good first day at my new post.

Sounds like the dumbass is the guy who causes a fuckup by not telling someone how to do what he wants them to do.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular

I thought telling the new guy to put hydraulic fluid in something was one of those dumb pranks, like telling them to find the Humvee keys or a box of grid squares.

• Options
    You're thinking headlight fluid!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Scorched Earth! That was the best game. My favorite was turning up all the explosions to the max, so you get one good Death's Head off and the whole map is toast (including you). It was really interesting playing that game on not so great computers in the days when it came out because it would get pretty slow due to all the projectiles and explosions

Yeah, if you had it set where the explosions had the random glowing gradient effect instead of the simple animations it could really chug.
    I remember once I used that weapon that just does an explosion centered on your tank using batteries, and I gave it the max power I could.

It took like 10-15 minutes draw the explosion.
    As it got bigger you could see it drawing the next layer of the circle pixel by pixel. And the glowy effect was animating at about 1 frame every few seconds.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Do humvees not have keys?

• Options
    Do humvees not have keys?

no........
    But then I was also shown you don't really need keys for to open doors or to start a car
    just a screwdriver or something like that

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Recently, my OB was alarmed that my blood pressure was borderline high (and was at risk for preeclampsia), so he sent me to the hospital for testing. I haven't been to the hospital as a patient in..... 15 years.

So, not only did I screw up by not registering at the front desk, I got lost twice (this is a tiny small town hospital, btw), then after that, got lost again trying to go to the cafeteria. I had an ultrasound planned for the day as well, so I sat in the cafeteria for about an hour and a half, chugging water.

Thankfully enough, I made it to the ultrasound lab without incident, but had to wait 45 minutes on a full bladder, no magazines, and only a Dr. Oz episode where he was floating in a relaxation tank, so that was great for my urge.

Turns out, the Ultrasound lady said I didn't need to chug all that water, so I think I took the longest piss known to mankind before she did the ultrasound.

Then, going back for my stress test, I got lost again. I probably looked so pitiful, a security guard on the other side of the big lobby spotted me and helped me back. They took my blood pressure...

And it turns out I was 20 points lower, well within normal range. Go figure. Mini-muzz apparently was doing well, according to the nurses. Still had to do a 24 hour urine collection, and another test this morning, but hopefully this will turn out okay.

I still don't like hospitals. The nurses were all nice, but I got the feeling that they weren't sure why the hell my doctor had sent me to them.

Muzzmuzz on