As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wildstar] Everybody's dead, Dave.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Okay, I somehow triggered a science quest and I saw an icon to summon my bot in the quest tracker, but how do I summon it outside of that?

G, when unmounted. The new tutorial doesn't explain this at all, which is super lame. I don't get why they cut so much of the tutorial out, if you can skip why not leave it as informative as it is for new players.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Okay, I somehow triggered a science quest and I saw an icon to summon my bot in the quest tracker, but how do I summon it outside of that?

G, when unmounted. The new tutorial doesn't explain this at all, which is super lame. I don't get why they cut so much of the tutorial out, if you can skip why not leave it as informative as it is for new players.

The reasoning is because it was taking so long for those new players to actually get into the meat of the game, which I get, but they definitely ripped out some important stuff, like how to science.

• Options
    Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I also got informed about super useful starter rune stuff in which you shift right (or left? one of those!) click to open the rune menu on a rune slotable item which they do not tell you anything about how to do.

EDIT - I'm getting a cannot connect to patch server, anyone else? Nevermind, just needed to reset my PC.

Arden Canelo on
  • Options
    VisskarVisskar Registered User regular
    Doing some coupon searching before trading in my 360 today at Gamestop, discovered that Wildstar just dropped to $5. Thanks to a little trade-in credit, I've now got a month of Signature. I saw plenty of stores in my area still had copies when I looked, so its probably the same elsewhere around the country.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So I've been on most of the day, basically it's doing a lot better. It's still not perfect, there's still some lag here and there and everyone got kicked not too long ago, but I feel like I can actually play on Entity now so that's a plus. There's a light at the end of the F2P launch troubles!

I'll be on for awhile yet, if anyone wants a circle invite message me: Azon Tarim

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Can you only get invites to the circle while online?

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Well this is a bummer. I was trying to do Protogames with a new character and it sat on the loading screen forever. Now when I go to log that char in, it says he's in the Protogames lobby and I just get stuck at the loading screen perpetually.
    Hopefully it will fix when the inevitable server downtime happens.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    That feeling when you're cruising around Blighthaven, killing stuff for a contract, when one of the mobs spits out a AMP Upgrade item. :D

yeeeeees.

Also when you realize you've got one of those exceptional rune tokens sitting in your bags and you could be cramming set runes into your il90 gloves.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    vamen wrote: »
    Well this is a bummer. I was trying to do Protogames with a new character and it sat on the loading screen forever. Now when I go to log that char in, it says he's in the Protogames lobby and I just get stuck at the loading screen perpetually.

Yeah, there's been some issues with getting to instances tonight. I've been avoiding em for that reason, heh. You might be able to post here and get "reset": https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/136792-lost-connection-with-world-server-only-1-character/?findpost=1405045

I did yesterday and they were able to fix it pretty quickly. Though I was also getting the world server message, not just infinite load screens. They might be related though, who knows?

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Remember Scientists. You can pimp out your pet robot and rename it to something silly.

My Chua scientist will totally be naming his Mr. Zurkon.

"Mr. Zurkon doesn't need bolts; his currency is pain."

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    vamen wrote: »

Yeah, there's been some issues with getting to instances tonight. I've been avoiding em for that reason, heh. You might be able to post here and get "reset": https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/136792-lost-connection-with-world-server-only-1-character/?findpost=1405045

I did yesterday and they were able to fix it pretty quickly. Though I was also getting the world server message, not just infinite load screens. They might be related though, who knows?

Thanks, I was just looking for a thread about the issue. I'll give it a try.

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    So contrary to my expectations, I'm enjoying my little Chua Media a lot. Despite being a tank at heart, none of the tanking classes really jump out at me.

I've never really been a healer class before, and will play my medic mostly as a DPS, but can anyone comment on how medic healing is in dungeons? Fun?

Also how do they stack up as DPS or in pvp?

• Options
    NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    Last I heard Medic dps are pretty great, adding debuffs and utility to raids that is pretty much crucial. Balance wise, most dps are almost on par with each other for dps rankings some might pull ahead due to mechanics though. PVP all I know is I get my face pushed in.. Like hard, I see a medic as a stalker / esper, and I weep tears of sadness due to the losing battle ahead.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I made a warrior, loved it. Char got stuck so I made an engineer in the meantime. Loved it. Engineer got stuck, so I made a stalker. Loving IT. Hopefully that char won't get stuck (granted both my other guys are likely unstuck by now). Female Drakan + Stalker is a bad ass looking combo, though I do miss the male Drakan hunched over stance.

vamen on
  • Options
    Noizlanif wrote: »
    Last I heard Medic dps are pretty great, adding debuffs and utility to raids that is pretty much crucial. Balance wise, most dps are almost on par with each other for dps rankings some might pull ahead due to mechanics though. PVP all I know is I get my face pushed in.. Like hard, I see a medic as a stalker / esper, and I weep tears of sadness due to the losing battle ahead.

Alright, looks like I've got a main!

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular

I have a healing LAS and a dps LAS, but my weapon is all support. DPS mode is... slow... to say the least. I need to get a DPS weapon. I don't suppose one drops in Proto, eh? I'd prefer to not have buy one.

• Options
    If you are on Entity, I can make you one later tonight, assuming you aren't a filthy exile.

• Options
    Cassian.

It's all good. :)

• Options
    Well then, I shall be on later today around 630pm PST

• Options
    That's about the time I should be on, too. Char's name is Tsarina Em. Thanks in advance for the help!

• Options
    SeñorAmor wrote: »

I have a healing LAS and a dps LAS, but my weapon is all support. DPS mode is... slow... to say the least. I need to get a DPS weapon. I don't suppose one drops in Proto, eh? I'd prefer to not have buy one.

I know I've seen resonators drop in vet Academy. I forget the item level, maybe like 80's?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »

I know I've seen resonators drop in vet Academy. I forget the item level, maybe like 80's?

I'm only 15, so I have a ways to go to use an 80s weapon. :)

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    So how does one rename his/her scientist bot-thing? :)

• Options
    Oops, looks like entity went down just as I got home haha

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    So how does one rename his/her scientist bot-thing? :)

Open up the Scientist panel in your quest tracker, then summon your bot. There should be some buttons in the panel with the bot summoned, one of them lets you rename and customize your bots visuals if you have any unlocked.

• Options

27 min queue, bleh.

With any luck you'll still be on in half an hour :)

• Options

27 min queue, bleh.

With any luck you'll still be on in half an hour :)

If either of you guys want to join the circle let me know: Azon Tarim

...it's lonely in here right now.

• Options
    yea dat queue is getting me right now.

• Options
  • Options
    soon as im in Ky

Thanks so much for the weapons and plat!

• Options
    Any word if the whole "getting stuck in a endless loop of loading screens when zoning into a instance" thing is fixed yet?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Any word if the whole "getting stuck in a endless loop of loading screens when zoning into a instance" thing is fixed yet?

The one where it would kick you back to the character select screen? Yeah, that's fixed.

Instead, if you get disconnected for any reason there's a small chance that your character will get stuck and you'll experience infinite loading screens, as in next time you load in it'll just sit on loading forever. Perk here is that there's less risk to zoning and this is more per character so if one is stuck you can just log in to another. So I guess it's less awful?

• Options
    So for my tradeskills I took Survivalist and Outfitter and it's a downright chore to get hides and pelts and power cores. Any suggestions on how to best farm for them?

• Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    Yeah. My bot is named something more industrial. It's a R3k-T4L Scanbot.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    Senor I have some pelts and cores you can have. I'll hook you up later.

• Options
    Kyanilis wrote: »

The one where it would kick you back to the character select screen? Yeah, that's fixed.

Instead, if you get disconnected for any reason there's a small chance that your character will get stuck and you'll experience infinite loading screens, as in next time you load in it'll just sit on loading forever. Perk here is that there's less risk to zoning and this is more per character so if one is stuck you can just log in to another. So I guess it's less awful?

Glass half full guy, right here.

• Options
    Yeah. My bot is named something more industrial. It's a R3k-T4L Scanbot.

EyeChum 3000

• Options
    So I finally got my Nexus Loyalist reward. Between the DJ Caretaker and the music I got, all is forgiven Carbine. All is forgiven.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Decided to come back to WS now that it's gone F2P and discovered the renaming downside of megaservers. Currently locked in the indecision of "...but I really like my original single name. No, it's not the same if I add a word in front or the back damnit" rather than playing.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I went with adding a title before it!

Overlord FuWangChu.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil