As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[amiibos] The Great Restockening is Upon Us. Hie Thee to Target.

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    The best buy I'm at just put out little mac and shulk. Too bad i don't want either of them.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    My Best Buy didn't have anything, but target has retro marios

I'm actually pretty surprised about this round. Target usually gets a shipment for the release date, and then they never restock ever. But I've actually seen this wave get restocked there. Not in huge numbers, but greater than the usual zero.

• TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    A huge thanks to @maximumzero for the aluminum printed amiibo backs. They look great and will make a great display!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
      TimFiji wrote: »
      A huge thanks to @maximumzero for the aluminum printed amiibo backs. They look great and will make a great display!

Snap some pix when you get 'em set up!

FU7kFbw.png
      Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      TimFiji wrote: »

Snap some pix when you get 'em set up!

Ohh I still gotta theory craft what I even want to do with them! Was thinking a notched shelf on the wall with the placards behind the figure.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
      • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
        I finally picked up the amiibos that @TimFiji got for me! Unfortunately, I'm way too tired to take pics right now, so maybe tomorrow!

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
        I saw 2 Olimar at TRU today (along with the usual billion Bowser Jr, restocked Mario/Luigi/Peace from both series, some Pac-Man and Sonic, and others).

Still looking for a Game & Watch trade partner.

bYf6vNQ.png
        Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
        [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
      • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
        Best Buy had a buttload today. Greninja, Shulk, Little Mac, Marth, Captain Falcon, Dark Pit. They could hardly keep them on the shelf. Saw a couple guys buy whole pegs. Soon as they were empty someone came and restocked though. They must have got a pretty good shipment.

Anyways, I had a 30 dollar gift card burning a hole in my pocket, so I grabbed a Shulk and a Little Mac. I don't really care for either of them, but if someone wants to trade for a Duck Hunt Dog PM me. Otherwise they will probably go back to the store. Was going to trade the other for a Classic Color Mario but I managed to find him at Target today! So happy about that.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
        edited October 2015
        Meanwhile, this is a snap I took yesterday at my Best Buy:

hMJqJEFl.jpg

And with all the reports of Target getting in Classic Marios I thought I'd stop in there as well:

dqcTpxTl.jpg

maximumzero on
        FU7kFbw.png
      • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
        Ha, that looks like my Best Buy and Target all of the time. :P

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
        Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
        PSN - Brainiac_8
        Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
        Add me!
        Brainiac 8 wrote: »

I honestly think that's a scalper-type that lives in the area that hits up the locations before I get a chance to see what they have. I know for a fact I overheard two guys talking at Best Buy one time that there's someone that goes to Toys R Us and hides the rare amiibo all over the store so his friends can go in and get them.
        Anyways, I had a 30 dollar gift card burning a hole in my pocket, so I grabbed a Shulk and a Little Mac. I don't really care for either of them, but if someone wants to trade for a Duck Hunt Dog PM me.
        redfield85 wrote: »

If someone here needs a ROB, you guys are good to go. I'll be glad to pick up a 3-pack and divvy them out for cost + shipping.

FU7kFbw.png
      • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
        Back when WII fit was back in stores there was a scalper in line in front of us at ToysR
        I only know of this because of the comments people made about how he cleaned off the rack of them before any people had a chance to grab one
        I made fun of the fact the bottom is falling out of that market to my brother as people grab their phones look up something and get looks of disappointment

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
        Can't believe the scalpers are still going apeshit. U.S. Marth's down to 18 bucks on Amazon.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
      • Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
        I was at Target the other day and parked next to a car where the back seat was absolutely full of amiibo. There had to be 100 or so in there. The only ones I could make out were Splatoon, Olimar from Pikmin, and Pac-man.

NNID = Zepp914
        Dirk2112 wrote: »
        I was at Target the other day and parked next to a car where the back seat was absolutely full of amiibo. There had to be 100 or so in there. The only ones I could make out were Splatoon, Olimar from Pikmin, and Pac-man.

That's fucking disgusting. I can't believe stores just let people clean them out like that. Well I can, because money, but goddamn can't anybody have any ethics?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
      • LailLail Surrey, B.C.Registered User regular
        Went to a Best Buy and a Walmart yesterday and the only amiibo in stock were the usual suspects... Mario's, Luigi's, Yoshi's, etc. Still waiting to find a Marth. I don't think it'll ever happen.

The girlfriend did buy Lego Dimensions though, so now I have a new thing to spend money on...

• Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular

That's fucking disgusting. I can't believe stores just let people clean them out like that. Well I can, because money, but goddamn can't anybody have any ethics?

I imagine they also hit the nearby Toys R Us, the Walmart, the other Target, and possibly the last remaining K-mart. No way they got that many from one store.

We walked into the Target and the Toys R Us and the amiibo left were all Mario characters (Bowser, Peach, etc), Samus (without the cool suit), and Pikachu. I guess those aren't worth shit. Also, there were a lot of animal crossing cards.

NNID = Zepp914
        Yeah I keep seeing ZSS everywhere but never see regular Samus anymore. I'm kicking myself for not picking her up when she was common.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
      • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
        Yeah I keep seeing ZSS everywhere but never see regular Samus anymore. I'm kicking myself for not picking her up when she was common.

Give it a little time. They've been restocking Fox lately and he isn't even the mega rare status that Marth, etc were. I think Samus and Kirby in particular are due for a restock sometime in the near future.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282

I imagine they also hit the nearby Toys R Us, the Walmart, the other Target, and possibly the last remaining K-mart. No way they got that many from one store.

We walked into the Target and the Toys R Us and the amiibo left were all Mario characters (Bowser, Peach, etc), Samus (without the cool suit), and Pikachu. I guess those aren't worth shit. Also, there were a lot of animal crossing cards.

Come to think of it, I haven't seen any Animal Crossing Cards across a Toys R Us, two Best Buys, and two Targets. I was only able to buy three on release day because I asked a Best Buy employee to retrieve the box from the warehouse that hadn't been put out on the shelf yet.

FU7kFbw.png

Come to think of it, I haven't seen any Animal Crossing Cards across a Toys R Us, two Best Buys, and two Targets. I was only able to buy three on release day because I asked a Best Buy employee to retrieve the box from the warehouse that hadn't been put out on the shelf yet.

I had to do the same. They didn't even have them out the next day. Honestly, it looks to me like most places BARELY got any cards, which is weird to me. Maybe Nintendo was being cautious in case they didn't sell? They are probably the kind of thing, unlike amiibo, that Nintendo can rapidly churn out if need be. So they started slow maybe...

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
      • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

If it helps, Olimar is MSRP and Pac-Man's down to 11 bucks on Amazon, so he fucked himself.
        Lail wrote: »
        The girlfriend did buy Lego Dimensions though, so now I have a new thing to spend money on...

God have mercy on your soul.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
      • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
        edited October 2015

I honestly think that's a scalper-type that lives in the area that hits up the locations before I get a chance to see what they have. I know for a fact I overheard two guys talking at Best Buy one time that there's someone that goes to Toys R Us and hides the rare amiibo all over the store so his friends can go in and get them.
        Anyways, I had a 30 dollar gift card burning a hole in my pocket, so I grabbed a Shulk and a Little Mac. I don't really care for either of them, but if someone wants to trade for a Duck Hunt Dog PM me.

If someone here needs a ROB , you guys are good to go. I'll be glad to pick up a 3-pack and divvy them out for cost + shipping.

@maximumzero
        Arrggghh. Why did I open this thread? Now my wallet is in danger again. D:

I want a ROB but do not care for game & Watch / duck hunt dog.

How do you guys normally handle the peer to peer transactions? I'm continental US as far as shipping is concerned.

Are @redfield85 and @AbsoluteZero game for trying to make this happen?

General_Armchair on
        3DS Friend Code:
        Armchair: 4098-3704-2012

If someone here needs a ROB , you guys are good to go. I'll be glad to pick up a 3-pack and divvy them out for cost + shipping.

@maximumzero

How do you guys normally handle the peer to peer transactions? I'm continental US as far as shipping is concerned.

Well, I only tried to get three folks together. Ideally if one of the three of you wants to to the purchasing and then sell off the other two that works as well.

FU7kFbw.png
        @General_Armchair I'm game. Just PM me the deets & which amiibo you want to trade Duck Hunt Dog for (Little Mac or Shulk).

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
      • General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
        Let's see what Redfield thinks. I don't even know if my local Gamestops have it. There are several scalper types in my area. If everyone is game, we can give it a shot.

3DS Friend Code:
        Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
        Cool. Just let me know. Little Mac & Shulk are staying in their boxes until someone trades or they just go back to the store eventually.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
      • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
        I actually kind of hope that Samus comes back in stock. I started collecting Amiibo because Samus was one I always wanted, I knew she wasn't rare, so I never bought her (or any amiibo). I bought a mario to check out, decided I'd buy Samus and a couple others, just to have, and never saw Samus in a store again.

so now, when I see an amiibo I want, I don't hesitate, and just buy it.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar

Really wish they'd announce individual releases of these amiibo so I can be assured that ignoring this sure-to-be-bad game is OK ;)

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
        local best buy got restocked today. 10+ of Marth/Falcon/Emo Pit plus a few Charizards and a single Shulk

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
        It comes with Isabelle?

*mashes pre-order*

persona4celestia.jpg
        COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
      • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
        Checked my Best Buy and Gamestop and they had even less than normal. I guess we're just getting skipped over with restocks.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
      • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
        I'm just looking for Dedede..If you guys happen to find one in the wild, I'd love to make a deal.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
      • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular

@maximumzero

Well, I only tried to get three folks together. Ideally if one of the three of you wants to to the purchasing and then sell off the other two that works as well.

I am in for Game & Watch. I'll either trade or do MSRP + shipping. Either is fine for me.

Wouldn't you just open the 3 pack and pack up the amiibo? I know I don't want the backing or anything. Just G&W.

bYf6vNQ.png
        Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
        [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
      • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
        PMAvers wrote: »
        It comes with Isabelle?

*mashes pre-order*

Amiibo aside I don't think NDCube learned anything from their past games. You still have to tap your amiibo to roll the dice/do anything and that shit is annoying. I'd thought that Nintendo would make a patch for that nonsense for MP10.

I have no faith in AC:Amiibo festival being a good party game, just gonna have to wait for reviews on this one.
        Might just have to import Isabelle since they come as singles instead of the shifty business NOA is doing.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
        Honestly, as someone who doesn't even like Mario Party games, AC Amiibo Festival looks *worse* - like, it looks sooooo boring. All the impressions I've read makes it sound like it doesn't even have a lot of the interactive elements of the Mario Party games like the minigames - it's just moving around a board and random stuff happens when you land on squares.

• pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
        Warlock82 wrote: »
        Honestly, as someone who doesn't even like Mario Party games, AC Amiibo Festival looks *worse* - like, it looks sooooo boring. All the impressions I've read makes it sound like it doesn't even have a lot of the interactive elements of the Mario Party games like the minigames - it's just moving around a board and random stuff happens when you land on squares.

To be fair, we really don't know much about it yet. A lot of people similarly dismissed Happy Home Designer and that game is awesome.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
        Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
        G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
      • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
        Yep. Right now is the waiting phase to see if it's a good game to warrant the purchase. No way would I spend the $$$ on two amiibos and a game I'll never play.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
        Warlock82 wrote: »

To be fair, we really don't know much about it yet. A lot of people similarly dismissed Happy Home Designer and that game is awesome.

I will repeat what I posted in the AC thread:

:P

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
        There are definitely some levels that get judged more exactly in HHD. My son is currently stuck on building a shop of some kind. I haven't had a chance to try it myself, but he seems to really like it.