As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV:HW] Ye Olde Threade

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I made sure to take screenshots of as much of the audience as I could.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    I made sure to take screenshots of as much of the audience as I could.

Since i am still sick and couldn't be there, I appreciate the effort Twin.

488W936.png
  • RieRie Registered User regular
    Yes.
    Next year, we need to limit the amount of entries
    Get faster with judging, maybe get a document ready on each categories each contestant is being graded on to expedise things a little

The culling issues were totally unexpected...

some suggestions I got last night were
    1) have group and single entry for each categories. Coz people tend to pay attention to a big group more and can do "more skit type of work"

2) divide the show into two days or one half in afternoon, one half at night. So judges have time to discuss who are the winners and minimize wait time for the audience

3) or divide the competition into a "run way" type entry and a "skit" type entry. So people are graded on differently

FF14 - Rie Himawari (Sargatanas)
    Just thought about it on my way to breakfast...
    A way to make gil next year:
    Sell stage passes!
    Sell media passes!
    Sell screenshots and handshake passes with the Yoshi Peaches!!

Yes, my eyes are turning into dollar signs!

• ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    As a competitor, I'm willing to hear sponsorship deals

• Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Stolls wrote: »
    It is unfair how much better the summoner 50-60 quests are compared to black mage.

BLM: Here's a group of people. Kill them. Nice job, here's a spell, see you in two levels.

SMN: Remember that spell we gave you a couple levels back that costs way too much MP?
    SURPRISE PRIMAL-EGI BATTLE ROYALE

TAG SHIT FOR A NINE MINUTE BUFF NOW THE SPELL COSTS NOTHING AND DOES WAY MORE DAMAGE

THEY KEEP SPAWNING FUCK THAT JUST KEEP KILLING THEM

PEW PEW MOTHERFUCKER

One more to go, eager to see their final new toy.

Some advice for the 60 Summoner fight.
    The main enemy will drop meteors and attack with line and circle AOEs. Do NOT let them interact with each other or the meteors will explode and do damage to everyone. Four or five meteors exploding at once will kill you. Fortunately when a meteor is going to drop there will be a mark over your head and a few seconds delay so you can bunch them up on the side and out of the way of the AOEs.

Man in the Mists on
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Wooo we got Alexander 3 Savage down tonight!

That was certainly a rough one everything is incredibly tight in that fight.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • joomanjiijoomanjii San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Our AS3 kill video courtesy of Sion. As you can see in the end, I was ecstatic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryJCThUshNM

I kind of wished Sion was wearing his Nicholas Cage t-shirt though...

joomanjii on
    Final Fantasy XIV: Alethia Tamarie
    I am super proud of you guys!

I'm not. Go do it again with the Nic Cage shirt.

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    The lack of Nic Cage is why we got crappy loot.

steam_sig.png
    Oshbac rendered the video

We have an official version of the <GHOST> 2nd annual fashion show!!

https://youtu.be/2_BsOWwA42U

• ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    I see my cramming of twenty s-words in a row into my intro had the desired effect :surprised:

• GreyWolfyGreyWolfy Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    Sorry I couldn't make fashion show, was still in the process of moving :(

The roulette stuff we did was fun tho, and it sure seems like the fashion show was a success!

FFXIV: Rexus Kalev - Sargatanas
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Highlight of last night in company chat: getting Krom to learn about juggalos, curse his miserable existence afterwards.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Oh man, FC chat is the best.
    Digimon IS alright.

Man is the Esoteric grind killing me. I think I'm approaching this the wrong way. I mean I already have a set for one job...I should quit...but I'm compelled to keep grinding these damned tomes just in case I want to main another job.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Oh man, FC chat is the best.
    Digimon IS alright.

Man is the Esoteric grind killing me. I think I'm approaching this the wrong way. I mean I already have a set for one job...I should quit...but I'm compelled to keep grinding these damned tomes just in case I want to main another job.

I find the best approach for Eso grinding is to do it in small batches. I typically just do a daily EX roulette and maybe a Daily PVP roulette each day and that caps me pretty easily each week.

Right now I'm typically more concerned about the Crafting Red Scrips grind as that takes a larger time investment for me.

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Yeah, my approach to eso grind is one Exp roulette a day, at most. If for whatever reason my week was busy and I'm short on the weekend, I might do some PvP or whatever to fill in spares.

Red Scrip grind when i actually bother to do it usually involves me parking above the adamantite node and setting it as my focus on the FFXIV Clock app on my phone, then playing another game while I wait for pops.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    I just PvP for Esos now, it's actually quite a bit of fun with friends.

Crafting Scripts I usually just wait for the Noble Gold/Codex (Alchemy) to be a star turn-in, 10ish of those + maybe a food or two cap that for not too much.

I get Gathering scripts on Saturday/Sunday mornings while cosplaying a responsible adult (cleaning/laundry/etc); crank up the volume on the garland tools alert and run over every 30ish minutes.

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
    Yeah the gathering scrips are really easy. I'm actually farming blues as well so I have a rotation of nodes I go through that gives me about 18 minutes in between.

For red scrips I try to wait for good days but my only lvl 60 crafters with books are CUL, BSM, and LTW so the materials can suck sometimes if I miss the good crafts. Really though I just need to farm more mats which is also pretty time consuming.

Still i've got enough red tokens for a full crafting set +_ weapon, I just can't decide which one to use it on!

delphinidaes.png
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Ishtaar wrote: »

I've been wondering...I'm at work so I can't really check, how cubersome is it setting hotbars for PvP? I mean...do I need to exclusively use PvP actions or can I use PvE skills too?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited October 2015

I've been wondering...I'm at work so I can't really check, how cubersome is it setting hotbars for PvP? I mean...do I need to exclusively use PvP actions or can I use PvE skills too?

I use macros to do PvP reconfigurations (swapping in saved action bars, adjust cross-class skills, setting some options like auto-face target) which may be excessive for some

The PvP abilities aren't mandatory, though you'll be foolish not to have access to them in some form. Aside from a standard 'get out of jail free card' in the form of a instant debuff cleanser, the PvP abilities usually extend some form of additional utility. You can and are expected to use your PvE abilities in PvP (mainly because the PvP abilities are supplemental) with the exception of Cleric Stance, which is disabled in PvP. Some abilities with CC components will have reduced durations in PvP as well.

As an aside, defense and magic defense are completely normalised in PvP so for the most part, only HP matters. Protect for example actually has no effect aside from adding another buff that can protect other buffs from effects like One Ilm Punch's buff stripper. The tanks do not take drastically reduced damage compared to others nor are the casters significantly more squishy than say a DRG. Putting on Vit accessories to break 10k HP in Frontlines can be a nice way to avoid getting insta-gibbed by a melee LB

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
    Wait, you can set the auto-face option via macros? I'd been looking for a way to do that but couldn't find it.

And yeah, I use macros to swap my PvP abilities in place of PvE stuff that isn't relevant (like, Quelling Strikes).
    If you're a bard (maybe MCH too?) you'll have to put Farshot into place manually. Since HW it's been bugged and is completely unrecognized by macros.

steam_sig.png
  • TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Yeap. You can set the auto-face option via macro commands: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/win/text_command/
    You can also do stuff like change ability effects as well, which is nice.

I actually do wholesale bar swaps. I'm not going to be using the base classes anymore so they're my 'reservoirs' of bar configurations and I treat them as read only. Here's an example of one such macro:
    /merror off
    /aaction "Cleric Stance" off
    /aaction "Protect" off
    /aaction "Aero" on
    /aaction "Blizzard II" on
    /hotbar copy ACN 5 AST 1
    /hotbar copy ACN 6 AST 2
    /hotbar copy ACN 7 AST 3
    /hotbar copy ACN 8 AST 9
    /autofacetarget on
    /echo PvP mode configured

I'm probably going to change things so that only three bars are being swapped in and out just so that I have more space for the jobs that don't have base classes to use as storage.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Am I crazy or are the dungeons WAY more likely to disconnect you for lagspikes?

There's been some problems with the instance servers or something the last few days. Tons of large scale DCs. You can tell it's happening to a lot of people because there's usually a 100+ deep queue when you try and get back in. Often lobby server errors too.

steam_sig.png
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    I've got WHM up to level 35 so far, but according to people I should learn Eye for an Eye at some point as a cross class skill. Is now the time to do so? It would require me switching back to ACN and gain ten more levels. I wasn't the biggest fan of that job, and going DPS only means longer queues (my healer queues have almost been faster than tank's).

E4E is handy but unless you're endgame raiding (or running with tanks who pull absolutely everything possible) it's not necessary.

steam_sig.png
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    None of the cross-class skills are going to stop you from leveling the class. They're just optimizations which only become necessary when you come up to content that's actually challenging enough to require them... which won't happen until you get to L60 content.

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Didn't realize Eye for an Eye was a X class skill for WHM. Been lv.50 SUM for a while and it never really crossed my mind to check which skills I can use with previously leveled jobs.

Now I'll be an even better WHM!

Also ohmygosh using PVP skills for the first time was really neat. SUPER fun blowing all my CD's trying to get away from the enemy team. Purity is aamzing!

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
    None of the cross-class skills are going to stop you from leveling the class. They're just optimizations which only become necessary when you come up to content that's actually challenging enough to require them... which won't happen until you get to L60 content.

Invigorate and Swiftcast are the only 2 I can think where they make such a big difference it's more than just another tool.

steam_sig.png
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    How does Invigorate help a healer?

I just meant across all CrossClass skills.
    SwiftCast is a godsend for casters.
    Invigorate is a godsend for physical dps classes.
    Everything else is handy at best.

steam_sig.png
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular

Sprint harder as a CNJ! :rotate:

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • joomanjiijoomanjii San Diego, CARegistered User regular

Sprint harder as a CNJ! :rotate:

Hadou and I used to cross class provoke on our conjurers whenever we did Crystal Tower. As you can imagine we were well received and loved by our fellow raiders...

Final Fantasy XIV: Alethia Tamarie
    Info on some of the new hairstyles coming in 3.1!

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/

20151009_1.png
    20151009_2.png
    20151009_3.png
    20151009_5.png
    20151009_4.png

delphinidaes.png
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Not bad, though I honestly don't know how well an afro would work on a Miqo'te since it would cover their ears and make them deaf.

488W936.png
    Screw that. I want that fro.

• StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    I eagerly await the all-afro video where they take on T2 enrage, set to Disco Inferno.

Buuuuuurn baby burn

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
This discussion has been closed.