As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CODENAMES - Ten games completed! That's all for now.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I think we disregard lawyer, as our spy-master gave us a clear PiRAT clue, which is probably to stop us contacting lawyer.

The only thing that makes sense for peg-leg to me is Tap.
    Circle seems like too much of a stretch, and film could've gone with a film pirate as the clue.

The only other thing that I think of is Peg-Leg Pete, who I can't see any direct correlation on the board, and I don't know if that's a common restaurant name in the states.
    But even if it is, Buffalo and Ketchup are both up there, and those are two food items that you'd expect to see at the same restaurant.

• CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    TAP is a Blue Agent

Blue team has 1 guess remaining.

Pass?

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    fine we can pass since we are ahead. I still think lawyer might be the missing rat but its not that important at the moment.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    We're at 6/8 so we should be able to win next turn with a 2 anyway, even if we don't go to 7/8 with our last guess here.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    You make a good point.

Pass

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

@Kaneski
    @Infidel
    @Teucrian

Indians - Unlimited

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Ballsy play!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    Buffalo is obvious. How about track also? Indians are stereotypically good at tracking. Maybe go back to film?

I definitely think we should keep guessing until we miss this turn.

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    @MrBlarney can we get a map?

OrokosPA.png
    Ballsy play!

The question is, can they get to their agents in time, before the assassin gets them?

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    codenames_game04_t05.png~original
    OLIVE (Red)
    BUFFALO
    FLUTE (Bystander)
    KING (Red)
    SCORPION

MOLE (Blue)
    LEAD
    SHAKESPEARE (Red)
    KANGAROO (Blue)
    MARBLE

PIRATE (Blue)
    GROUND (Blue)
    LAWYER
    FILE
    TRACK

CROWN (Red)
    NIGHT
    KEY
    CIRCLE
    KETCHUP

MAMMOTH
    TAP (Blue)
    FILM
    BAT (Blue)
    SWITCH

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Buffalo and Track are my top two choices as well.

Circle the wagons?

Still don't have much to indicate the last Lear one so we may just have to guess it.

And that still is one agent short.

OrokosPA.png
    edited October 2015
    No idea what Garden is after the Ground miss. :lol:

e: yeah, I think while Marble Garden is more obscure, it's the only intention I see left.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    We can wait for Kaneski but I definitely think our strongest lead is Buffalo. After that it's all speculative. Here's the guessing order I'm thinking about now:

1. Buffalo
    2. Track
    3. Marble
    4. Lead
    5. Film

Actually maybe film should be fourth since it could potentially fit both with Lear for King Lear movies and Indian for Cowboys and Indians movies. But then I have no idea what we would guess fifth.

Yeah, film I would rather than lead. If we are wrong on film we are done anyways.

Need a third Indian word. I suggested Circle.

OrokosPA.png
  • KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    I think we czn guess everything except track, buffalo snd circle. Start with something safe. On phone atm

Oh crap. It's unlimited, not 0. Just... I don't know - reverse what I said :)

Contact - Buffalo

Kaneski wrote: »
    Contact - Buffalo
    BUFFALO is a Red Agent!

Red operatives have four agents remaining to contact.

4463rwiq7r47.png

Contact - Track

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Teucrian wrote: »
    Contact - Track

TRACK is a Red Agent!

Red operatives have three agents remaining to contact.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    At this point I am most confident about marble.

I feel like circle still possibly fits with the blue peg-leg clue-- a square peg in a round hole, peg legs are circular on the bottom. The Indians - circle the wagons clue is at least as shaky as that.

On that basis, I think we should leave circle for last.

Well. We can always do the 50/50 thing with Film/Lead. Neither spymaster gave clues that would make us doubt those. I say we do those next?

It doesn't really matter the order, if we don't get the correct five then we're likely done! :)

So, last three?

OrokosPA.png
    Still better to leave them with 2 to guess, rather than getting one for them. Either way - don't think there are objections.

Contact - Film

We'd prefer you guess the assassin actually.

• CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    FILM is a Red Agent

Red team may continue guessing infinitely.

Well, so far so good.

Contact-- Marble

Teucrian wrote: »
    Contact-- Marble

MARBLE is a Red Agent!

Red operatives have one agent remaining to contact.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    Well this has gone shockingly well.

Circle or lead are the only two words we've discussed here. Is there anything else that could possibly for the clues?

Out there possibility-- king lear is often referred to as a play of reversal- there's a ton of dialogue in it about people switching from their natural roles. Is it possible the fourth Lear word was switch and not film?

If we think Film was not a Lear clue, then it is Lead or Switch.

If we think Film was a Lear clue, we have Circle just?

The first statement leads to a stronger clue, so I'm inclined to think Film wasn't for Lear now. But that gives us two words to choose from.

I feel like not introducing a new word and discussion when we're on the last guess, however. Our spymaster either is thinking right now "I gave you unlimited and you had all the words, why switch now noooooooo!" or "Had to do something, good luck!" I feel less at fault if we don't disappoint the former. :lol:

OrokosPA.png
    You're probably right. He would do his best to try to give us a word that would clue us into every single word that we hadn't yet mentioned. It's just a random thought I had.

Everyone ok with guessing circle?

To be clear, I'm a toss up between Lead and Circle right now.

@Kaneski ?

OrokosPA.png
    edited October 2015
    Humm maybe, just MAYBE Film was an Indians clue. Because subcontinent, rather than north america.

Going with that interpretation - Night is a viable response. Arabian nights is quite heavily influenced by Indian stuff.

Circle is still a high risk for peg-leg.

So I think we should try Lead first, in case THAT was the Lear clue. Pretty high odds of bystander if not.

Kaneski on
    Peg leg 2 was already cleared, there isn't any likely reason to apply it to other words.

OrokosPA.png
    edited October 2015
    Fair enough, but then Garden was cleared by Marble - the link we had is gone too.

EDIT: as in - once we got Marble, we have no reason to think Circle. So we're down to Lead, Switch and I'd like to hear your thoughts on Night.

Kaneski on
    Here's a thought-- Indians could reasonably be considered a decent clue for film. If the word we haven't found is also connected to Indians, wouldn't Polaratie have been likely to give us "Indians 4" as a clue? We'd still have enough guesses to finish the board and we'd have more information than we do now.

On that basis it seems likely that there were only three Indian words, but we'd already mentioned enough correct words for us to get the other two and Polaratie was able to give us the three clue plus unlimited. I think we should guess "lead".

If Film was an Indian word, then yes that precludes another Indian word because it could be Indian 4 for the clue instead.

If Film was from this clue, then we are back to Lead as the best guess. I'm good with that.

OrokosPA.png