As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Supernatural]: This is why we can't have nice things, Sam.

1848587899094

Posts

  • ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    I wish. Then he could kill Sam and Dean and the show could end.

    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    Reznik wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure The Darkness already has a human manifestation cast for it so it's probably going to, if not really really suck, at least be terribly disappointing.

    *sigh* As long as it doesn't make smart-ass quips...

    H9f4bVe.png
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Reznik wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure The Darkness already has a human manifestation cast for it so it's probably going to, if not really really suck, at least be terribly disappointing.

    *sigh* As long as it doesn't make smart-ass quips...

    don't worry, the brothers will team up with Crowley and find some never before heard of artifact to return the world to how it was before the darkness.

    that's it, I'm shutting this entire forum down, everyone thank buttcleft
  • ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    One of them will be determined to sacrifice his own life, while the other one will do everything in his power to find another way.

    Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
    SorceHarry Dresden
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Reznik wrote: »
    One of them will be determined to sacrifice his own life, while the other one will do everything in his power to find another way.

    And, In the end, make things worse than they ever were at any point previous.

    that's it, I'm shutting this entire forum down, everyone thank buttcleft
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    The problem is twofold

    First, is the fact that the supernatural fandom is a terrible bouillabaisse of creepy incest yearning neurotic wackadoos who will vocally stand against any character development, additional characters(especially female ones, cause it reminds the creepy people that the brothers are not, in fact, incestuous gay lovers), or progress of any kind.

    Second, the stupid fucking writers and producers that are too scared/stupid to tell them to fuck off

    Just do what Adventure Time did and spend one episode making the main characters hide in the dark, playing with dolls and having them make out.

    I'm officially turned off from wanting to watch the show.

    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Comic-Con news:
    At Comic-Con earlier this month, the Supernatural cast and producers revealed that Season 11 (bowing Oct. 7 on The CW) will find Sam and Dean getting back to their roots. “[We’re] going back to the original format of having both brothers unaffected, meaning not drinking demon blood, not with the Mark of Cain on their arm,” he said. “[It’s] just Sam and Dean as Sam and Dean, fighting a common target.”

    Added EP Jeremy Carver: “This year, we are going to have a little bit more of an epic feel with a Big Bad and a real quest for the brothers to unite.”

    They lied!

    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    never die
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I ended up enjoying the first episode, even if it was just Croatoan II: Croatoan Harder.[\spoiler]

    never die on
    McFodder
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I dug it.

    As far as
    Sam's new "condition"

    I think that'll be fixed in the next few episodes, tops.

    I don't get
    The mark of Cain on the babby. In theory, that would mean that the Darkness has just been re-sealed yes?

    Also, Crowley is fucking awesome, as usual. Menopausal orgy for the win. I like that Hell is terrified of the Darkness.

    Is this the last season or did they re-up for two last year?


    Arch wrote: »

    I never expected this burn from captain bushmeat
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    I dug it.

    As far as
    Sam's new "condition"

    I think that'll be fixed in the next few episodes, tops.

    I don't get
    The mark of Cain on the babby. In theory, that would mean that the Darkness has just been re-sealed yes?

    Also, Crowley is fucking awesome, as usual. Menopausal orgy for the win. I like that Hell is terrified of the Darkness.

    Is this the last season or did they re-up for two last year?

    Hopefully they get more mileage out of the cage and not just a name drop.

    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    I dug it.

    As far as
    Sam's new "condition"

    I think that'll be fixed in the next few episodes, tops.

    I don't get
    The mark of Cain on the babby. In theory, that would mean that the Darkness has just been re-sealed yes?

    Also, Crowley is fucking awesome, as usual. Menopausal orgy for the win. I like that Hell is terrified of the Darkness.

    Is this the last season or did they re-up for two last year?

    Hopefully they get more mileage out of the cage and not just a name drop.

    What's Mark Pellegrino up to these days? It would be pretty awesome to see him come back to fight The Darkness.

    Also at some point this season they better either reference, make fun of, or play a clip from I Believe In A Thing Called Love by The Darkness.


    Arch wrote: »

    I never expected this burn from captain bushmeat
    Jayricho
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    The way Crowley and his demons talked about the Darkness was painfully bad, but otherwise the first episode was alright. The way the Darkness was presented in the show was what I'd hoped for.
    i.e. not some clearly evil rawr smash bad-guy. Her remark about how 'Death doesn't know me' implies that she isn't as obviously evil as everyone might think - 'dark is not bad, yo'.

    The infection driving everyone crazy might not even be the Darkness - maybe Rowena is out there screwing around with the Book of the Damned and doing something.
    I don't get
    The mark of Cain on the babby. In theory, that would mean that the Darkness has just been re-sealed yes?

    Also, Crowley is fucking awesome, as usual. Menopausal orgy for the win. I like that Hell is terrified of the Darkness.

    I think the implication is that
    the Darkness has taken on the form of a human - that baby is the Darkness, in other words. The mark on the Darkness was in the same place that it is on the baby - maybe in this form it's less like a seal and more like an emblem. Maybe that's what it always was before it became a seal.

    I also really liked
    the mention of the Cage, where Lucifer and Michael are trapped. How one of them was screaming out a warning about the Darkness. I'd like to find out more about the early conflict between the Darkness and God and his creations.

    H9f4bVe.png
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    The way Crowley and his demons talked about the Darkness was painfully bad, but otherwise the first episode was alright. The way the Darkness was presented in the show was what I'd hoped for.
    i.e. not some clearly evil rawr smash bad-guy. Her remark about how 'Death doesn't know me' implies that she isn't as obviously evil as everyone might think - 'dark is not bad, yo'.

    The infection driving everyone crazy might not even be the Darkness - maybe Rowena is out there screwing around with the Book of the Damned and doing something.
    I don't get
    The mark of Cain on the babby. In theory, that would mean that the Darkness has just been re-sealed yes?

    Also, Crowley is fucking awesome, as usual. Menopausal orgy for the win. I like that Hell is terrified of the Darkness.

    I think the implication is that
    the Darkness has taken on the form of a human - that baby is the Darkness, in other words. The mark on the Darkness was in the same place that it is on the baby - maybe in this form it's less like a seal and more like an emblem. Maybe that's what it always was before it became a seal.

    I also really liked
    the mention of the Cage, where Lucifer and Michael are trapped. How one of them was screaming out a warning about the Darkness. I'd like to find out more about the early conflict between the Darkness and God and his creations.
    I think the implication was that death was full of shit or they forgot continuity. Originally, death said in S5 that he was older than god, and would one day reap god himself.

    The way that Hotness spoke, she said "I do not know death, and death does not know me" meaning, "I'm old and I never heard of this death before I got locked away so fuck this guy, he ain't know me!"

    amateurhour on

    Arch wrote: »

    I never expected this burn from captain bushmeat
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    The way Crowley and his demons talked about the Darkness was painfully bad, but otherwise the first episode was alright. The way the Darkness was presented in the show was what I'd hoped for.
    i.e. not some clearly evil rawr smash bad-guy. Her remark about how 'Death doesn't know me' implies that she isn't as obviously evil as everyone might think - 'dark is not bad, yo'.

    The infection driving everyone crazy might not even be the Darkness - maybe Rowena is out there screwing around with the Book of the Damned and doing something.
    I don't get
    The mark of Cain on the babby. In theory, that would mean that the Darkness has just been re-sealed yes?

    Also, Crowley is fucking awesome, as usual. Menopausal orgy for the win. I like that Hell is terrified of the Darkness.

    I think the implication is that
    the Darkness has taken on the form of a human - that baby is the Darkness, in other words. The mark on the Darkness was in the same place that it is on the baby - maybe in this form it's less like a seal and more like an emblem. Maybe that's what it always was before it became a seal.

    I also really liked
    the mention of the Cage, where Lucifer and Michael are trapped. How one of them was screaming out a warning about the Darkness. I'd like to find out more about the early conflict between the Darkness and God and his creations.
    I think the implication was that death was full of shit or they forgot continuity. Originally, death said in S5 that he was older than god, and would one day reap god himself.

    The way that Hotness spoke, she said "I do not know death, and death does not know me" meaning, "I'm old and I never heard of this death before I got locked away so fuck this guy, he ain't know me!"
    I came to the same conclusion about Darkness' words re. her not knowing Death and Death not knowing her. Whatever the specifics are, it implies that Death doesn't know the whole story about her.

    Death might not be outright lying, he originally said that neither he nor God could remember which one of them was older. If Death can forget that, he may not recall anything about the conflict with Darkness, or he may only ever have known what he was told by God. It's possible that both Death and God regarded Darkness as an undesirable part of existence. But that's not the same thing as saying she's necessarily bad. I guess we'll have to see.

    H9f4bVe.png
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    I see OUAT's Darkness was the winner as best Darkness.
    The manifestation is of Rumplestiltskin, played by Robert Carlyle - who is a figment in The Dark One's head, who happens to be Emma Swann this year.
    yay.png

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    The way Crowley and his demons talked about the Darkness was painfully bad, but otherwise the first episode was alright. The way the Darkness was presented in the show was what I'd hoped for.
    i.e. not some clearly evil rawr smash bad-guy. Her remark about how 'Death doesn't know me' implies that she isn't as obviously evil as everyone might think - 'dark is not bad, yo'.

    The infection driving everyone crazy might not even be the Darkness - maybe Rowena is out there screwing around with the Book of the Damned and doing something.
    I don't get
    The mark of Cain on the babby. In theory, that would mean that the Darkness has just been re-sealed yes?

    Also, Crowley is fucking awesome, as usual. Menopausal orgy for the win. I like that Hell is terrified of the Darkness.

    I think the implication is that
    the Darkness has taken on the form of a human - that baby is the Darkness, in other words. The mark on the Darkness was in the same place that it is on the baby - maybe in this form it's less like a seal and more like an emblem. Maybe that's what it always was before it became a seal.

    I also really liked
    the mention of the Cage, where Lucifer and Michael are trapped. How one of them was screaming out a warning about the Darkness. I'd like to find out more about the early conflict between the Darkness and God and his creations.
    I think the implication was that death was full of shit or they forgot continuity. Originally, death said in S5 that he was older than god, and would one day reap god himself.

    The way that Hotness spoke, she said "I do not know death, and death does not know me" meaning, "I'm old and I never heard of this death before I got locked away so fuck this guy, he ain't know me!"
    I came to the same conclusion about Darkness' words re. her not knowing Death and Death not knowing her. Whatever the specifics are, it implies that Death doesn't know the whole story about her.

    Death might not be outright lying, he originally said that neither he nor God could remember which one of them was older. If Death can forget that, he may not recall anything about the conflict with Darkness, or he may only ever have known what he was told by God. It's possible that both Death and God regarded Darkness as an undesirable part of existence. But that's not the same thing as saying she's necessarily bad. I guess we'll have to see.

    RE: Death doesn't know me
    I assumed it was just a fancy way of saying that she's Immortal, like capital I Immortal. Not just she won't die naturally, or that she's hard to kill, or that she's only vulnerable to some hard to find macguffin, but she actually can't cease to exist (hence why God sealed her away) and thus Death doesn't know her in the way that Death presumably knows everyone and everything that can die.

    Granted, I started watching later in the series and haven't binged the first few seasons yet (my bad, I know) so I'm probably way off in my understanding of the setting and the lore here.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    bowen
  • minor incidentminor incident Helen Keller to the bullshit Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Granted, I started watching later in the series and haven't binged the first few seasons yet (my bad, I know) so I'm probably way off in my understanding of the setting and the lore here

    What? How is this possible? Most of us here have only made it this far into the show by coasting on the rose-tinted memories of seasons 1 through 5.

    Steam: minor incident || PSN: inter-punct
    You may not find all that you're after. In the end I hope it doesn't matter.
    NobodySorceHounGolden YakLostNinjaJayricho
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Granted, I started watching later in the series and haven't binged the first few seasons yet (my bad, I know) so I'm probably way off in my understanding of the setting and the lore here

    What? How is this possible? Most of us here have only made it this far into the show by coasting on the rose-tinted memories of seasons 1 through 5.

    So good.

    H9f4bVe.png
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    5 bucks says they mentioned the cage because they'll deal with the darkness by somehow jamming it in there, possibly letting Michael and Lucifer out and replaying seasons 4-5 again.

    that's it, I'm shutting this entire forum down, everyone thank buttcleft
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    5 bucks says they mentioned the cage because they'll deal with the darkness by somehow jamming it in there, possibly letting Michael and Lucifer out and replaying seasons 4-5 again.

    Maybe they'll actually get Adam out while there there...

    They made a joke about them leaving him in there last season during the 200th episode musical, but nothing ever came of it.

    LostNinja on
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I assume the Darkness was defeated in the past by some kind of light bringer.

    And you say they mentioned the Cage?

    Hmm...on a show with competent writers, I'd call that foreshadowing.

    Kashaar
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I assume the Darkness was defeated in the past by some kind of light bringer.

    And you say they mentioned the Cage?

    Hmm...on a show with competent writers, I'd call that foreshadowing.
    latest?cb=20091210204820

    Kadoken on
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Even if Michael or Lucifer returned, I can guarantee they'd be played by different actors.

    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    The Darkness isn't hard, guys. It's either this:
    Genesis 1 wrote:
    1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

    2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

    3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

    Or it's this:

    never die
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Or more likely, one brother will trust it, the other brother will be angsty.


    They'll both doublecross eachother and release something even more terrible.

    that's it, I'm shutting this entire forum down, everyone thank buttcleft
  • kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    5 bucks says they mentioned the cage because they'll deal with the darkness by somehow jamming it in there, possibly letting Michael and Lucifer out and replaying seasons 4-5 again.

    Maybe they'll actually get Adam out while there there...

    They made a joke about them leaving him in there last season during the 200th episode musical, but nothing ever came of it.

    I cannot tell you how irritated I was that they explicitly reminded the audience about how they've totally left Adam in the Cage for years and have done absolutely nothing to try to free him from eternal torment...

    and then they just never mentioned it again. It seemed like such a specific, awkward beat in that episode that I hoped that it was setting something up and wasn't just supposed to be a continuity reference. I was wrong.

    Although I will continue to hope for them to resolve that thread until the show finally ends. I was happy about the reference to the Cage, Michael and Lucifer, and will once again hope that it is actually setting something up....

  • Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    Dean did ask Death to free Adam, waaaaaay back during Soulless Sam days.

    Death said no.

    Having just caught up on the season 10 finale, I have to say, this show has got kind of aggressive in how stupid it can be.

  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Dean did ask Death to free Adam, waaaaaay back during Soulless Sam days.

    Death said no.

    If this was Sam he would have tried harder anyway, but since the only family that matters to the Winchesters is Sam, Dean, and Dad, the step-brother is kinda fucked for eternity.
    Having just caught up on the season 10 finale, I have to say, this show has got kind of aggressive in how stupid it can be.

    Indeed.

    LostNinja
  • Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    I mean, c'mon, Sam should have been perfectly happy with the solution presented. Dean gets to run and chase rabbits on a farm upstate, Mark of Cain is neutralized. Easy peasy. But no, "We have to kill Sam, because Sam would never give up, and apparently 'never giving up' can trump the efforts of the cosmic fucking incarnation of the force of universal destruction."

    Sam: "I'll never give up trying to free my brother of what amounts to confinement for his own welfare and the welfare of others!"

    Death: "I put him on a planet in another galaxy."

    Sam: "I'll use a spell!"

    Death: "There is no spell."

    Sam: "I'll...is faster than light travel possible in this universe?"

    Death: "No."

    Sam: "Crap."

  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Granted, I started watching later in the series and haven't binged the first few seasons yet (my bad, I know) so I'm probably way off in my understanding of the setting and the lore here

    What? How is this possible? Most of us here have only made it this far into the show by coasting on the rose-tinted memories of seasons 1 through 5.

    I don't know. Maybe I just have an extraordinarily high tolerance for terrible.
    Or maybe, because I started watching it late, this is as good as it's ever been for me. I literally don't see the decline in quality because I haven't seen the highpoints that you have.

    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • ThawmusThawmus Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    Granted, I started watching later in the series and haven't binged the first few seasons yet (my bad, I know) so I'm probably way off in my understanding of the setting and the lore here

    What? How is this possible? Most of us here have only made it this far into the show by coasting on the rose-tinted memories of seasons 1 through 5.

    I don't know. Maybe I just have an extraordinarily high tolerance for terrible.
    Or maybe, because I started watching it late, this is as good as it's ever been for me. I literally don't see the decline in quality because I haven't seen the highpoints that you have.

    I think it has a lot to do with, did you like the Season 5 ending? Because everything that's happened after it is like watching Dragonball Z.

    steam_sig.png
    MagicPrimeHarry DresdenLostNinja
  • cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    see317 wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    Granted, I started watching later in the series and haven't binged the first few seasons yet (my bad, I know) so I'm probably way off in my understanding of the setting and the lore here

    What? How is this possible? Most of us here have only made it this far into the show by coasting on the rose-tinted memories of seasons 1 through 5.

    I don't know. Maybe I just have an extraordinarily high tolerance for terrible.
    Or maybe, because I started watching it late, this is as good as it's ever been for me. I literally don't see the decline in quality because I haven't seen the highpoints that you have.

    Or maybe you're just not an asshole who watches something they actively dislike for the express purpose of bitching about it. That's on the table.

    Dyvim Tvar
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    Granted, I started watching later in the series and haven't binged the first few seasons yet (my bad, I know) so I'm probably way off in my understanding of the setting and the lore here

    What? How is this possible? Most of us here have only made it this far into the show by coasting on the rose-tinted memories of seasons 1 through 5.

    I don't know. Maybe I just have an extraordinarily high tolerance for terrible.
    Or maybe, because I started watching it late, this is as good as it's ever been for me. I literally don't see the decline in quality because I haven't seen the highpoints that you have.

    In that case you should definitely take a look at the earlier stuff. It'll be strange at first to see Sam and Dean so young, but it's a great watch. The first five seasons have this awesome over-arcing story that links them one to the next - seasons 6 and onwards don't really have that, they're more independant stories.

    H9f4bVe.png
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    cr0w wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    Granted, I started watching later in the series and haven't binged the first few seasons yet (my bad, I know) so I'm probably way off in my understanding of the setting and the lore here

    What? How is this possible? Most of us here have only made it this far into the show by coasting on the rose-tinted memories of seasons 1 through 5.

    I don't know. Maybe I just have an extraordinarily high tolerance for terrible.
    Or maybe, because I started watching it late, this is as good as it's ever been for me. I literally don't see the decline in quality because I haven't seen the highpoints that you have.

    Or maybe you're just not an asshole who watches something they actively dislike for the express purpose of bitching about it. That's on the table.

    You don't have to be an asshole to do that. It can be fun to hate watch something, especially if you originally liked it - which we all did.

    LostNinjaNobody
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    cr0w wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    Granted, I started watching later in the series and haven't binged the first few seasons yet (my bad, I know) so I'm probably way off in my understanding of the setting and the lore here

    What? How is this possible? Most of us here have only made it this far into the show by coasting on the rose-tinted memories of seasons 1 through 5.

    I don't know. Maybe I just have an extraordinarily high tolerance for terrible.
    Or maybe, because I started watching it late, this is as good as it's ever been for me. I literally don't see the decline in quality because I haven't seen the highpoints that you have.

    Or maybe you're just not an asshole who watches something they actively dislike for the express purpose of bitching about it. That's on the table.

    Cr0w, you like a piece of crap. And that's fine, since theres always going to be something that someone likes that isn't popular (I myself defend both of the hulk movies as being good in their own way).

    This doesn't change the fact that the series is a piece of crap.

    Richy wrote: »
    But I think the resistance I’m getting more has to do with “rawr! Loklar said it! Rage!” than anything else.

    No, it has to do with the fact that you're done nothing but throw lies, blatant flasehoods, and downright dumb statements at us so far.
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Gaddez wrote: »
    cr0w wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    Granted, I started watching later in the series and haven't binged the first few seasons yet (my bad, I know) so I'm probably way off in my understanding of the setting and the lore here

    What? How is this possible? Most of us here have only made it this far into the show by coasting on the rose-tinted memories of seasons 1 through 5.

    I don't know. Maybe I just have an extraordinarily high tolerance for terrible.
    Or maybe, because I started watching it late, this is as good as it's ever been for me. I literally don't see the decline in quality because I haven't seen the highpoints that you have.

    Or maybe you're just not an asshole who watches something they actively dislike for the express purpose of bitching about it. That's on the table.

    Cr0w, you like a piece of crap. And that's fine, since theres always going to be something that someone likes that isn't popular (I myself defend both of the hulk movies as being good in their own way).

    This doesn't change the fact that the series is a piece of crap.

    I've done that in the past too. Black Scorpion, horrid tv show - fun to laugh at. Gotham even has its moments of this too.

    Harry Dresden on
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    cr0w wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    Granted, I started watching later in the series and haven't binged the first few seasons yet (my bad, I know) so I'm probably way off in my understanding of the setting and the lore here

    What? How is this possible? Most of us here have only made it this far into the show by coasting on the rose-tinted memories of seasons 1 through 5.

    I don't know. Maybe I just have an extraordinarily high tolerance for terrible.
    Or maybe, because I started watching it late, this is as good as it's ever been for me. I literally don't see the decline in quality because I haven't seen the highpoints that you have.

    Or maybe you're just not an asshole who watches something they actively dislike for the express purpose of bitching about it. That's on the table.

    You don't have to be an asshole to do that. It can be fun to hate watch something, especially if you originally liked it - which we all did.

    Plus a lot of us still find some enjoyment in the show, it's just that we look at it now and then think back to how it was...then get really sad/angry.

    Harry DresdenJayrichoKashaar
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    cr0w wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    Granted, I started watching later in the series and haven't binged the first few seasons yet (my bad, I know) so I'm probably way off in my understanding of the setting and the lore here

    What? How is this possible? Most of us here have only made it this far into the show by coasting on the rose-tinted memories of seasons 1 through 5.

    I don't know. Maybe I just have an extraordinarily high tolerance for terrible.
    Or maybe, because I started watching it late, this is as good as it's ever been for me. I literally don't see the decline in quality because I haven't seen the highpoints that you have.

    Or maybe you're just not an asshole who watches something they actively dislike for the express purpose of bitching about it. That's on the table.

    You don't have to be an asshole to do that. It can be fun to hate watch something, especially if you originally liked it - which we all did.

    Plus a lot of us still find some enjoyment in the show, it's just that we look at it now and then think back to how it was...then get really sad/angry.

    When I was watching in a season or two ago they'd have the rare episode that was fantastic, then they wouldn't do anything with it. Aside from Charlie (who is awesome), they bought her back a couple times.
    Then they killed her, of course they did.

    Gaddez
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    a
    kaceyp wrote: »
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    5 bucks says they mentioned the cage because they'll deal with the darkness by somehow jamming it in there, possibly letting Michael and Lucifer out and replaying seasons 4-5 again.

    Maybe they'll actually get Adam out while there there...

    They made a joke about them leaving him in there last season during the 200th episode musical, but nothing ever came of it.

    I cannot tell you how irritated I was that they explicitly reminded the audience about how they've totally left Adam in the Cage for years and have done absolutely nothing to try to free him from eternal torment...


    and then they just never mentioned it again. It seemed like such a specific, awkward beat in that episode that I hoped that it was setting something up and wasn't just supposed to be a continuity reference. I was wrong.

    Although I will continue to hope for them to resolve that thread until the show finally ends. I was happy about the reference to the Cage, Michael and Lucifer, and will once again hope that it is actually setting something up....

    Another icky reminder:
    their father is still in hell.

    I think they brought it up a whole 1 time before going "nah fuck that guy lets save bobby because that actor doesn't hate the show"

    steam_sig.png
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    a
    kaceyp wrote: »
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    5 bucks says they mentioned the cage because they'll deal with the darkness by somehow jamming it in there, possibly letting Michael and Lucifer out and replaying seasons 4-5 again.

    Maybe they'll actually get Adam out while there there...

    They made a joke about them leaving him in there last season during the 200th episode musical, but nothing ever came of it.

    I cannot tell you how irritated I was that they explicitly reminded the audience about how they've totally left Adam in the Cage for years and have done absolutely nothing to try to free him from eternal torment...


    and then they just never mentioned it again. It seemed like such a specific, awkward beat in that episode that I hoped that it was setting something up and wasn't just supposed to be a continuity reference. I was wrong.

    Although I will continue to hope for them to resolve that thread until the show finally ends. I was happy about the reference to the Cage, Michael and Lucifer, and will once again hope that it is actually setting something up....

    Another icky reminder:
    their father is still in hell.

    I think they brought it up a whole 1 time before going "nah fuck that guy lets save bobby because that actor doesn't hate the show"

    Completely forgot about that.

Sign In or Register to comment.