As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sony: don't play old games anymore buy new ones.

1171819202123»

• The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    actually, my gift would be to buy a shitload of stuff for myself through his referral links.

haha

The_Scarab on
  • MonaroMonaro Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I really should change my normal Amazon and Play-Asia bookmarks with your referral links

Monaro on
    steam_sig.png
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Monaro wrote: »
    If I replace my bookmark links with your links, it's still valid Lewie?

Depends on how you do it I believe, I think not for most of them. Amazon and Play.com should be fine.

I may just add a section to my blog with links to all the retailers I have affilaition with.

LewieP on
  • Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    MKR wrote: »
    A lot of people are pointing to other consoles' first years as evidence that the PS3 will prevail. The key difference such people miss is that the people making those consoles were not flinging poo at their customers, hurting their reputation with every utterance, and blabbering on incoherently like a rabid chimpanzee like Sony is doing. This is an important distinction.

Just a comment here, I would consider all the broken 360's and their tech support poo flinging.

I haven't had the time, but I'm going to play Lair soon just so I can argue over it. Too me in general it seems that the motion controls are still too new to people.

Dark Shroud on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I haven't had the time, but I'm going to play Lair soon just so I can argue over it. Too me in general it seems that the motion controls are still too new to people.

Yes, that explains why Warhawks' motion controls are considered good and Lair's crap.

We need a sarcasm color.

Accualt on
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    MKR wrote: »
    A lot of people are pointing to other consoles' first years as evidence that the PS3 will prevail. The key difference such people miss is that the people making those consoles were not flinging poo at their customers, hurting their reputation with every utterance, and blabbering on incoherently like a rabid chimpanzee like Sony is doing. This is an important distinction.

Just a comment here, I would consider all the broken 360's and their tech support poo flinging.

Yes, because Microsoft's response to the RROD issue is obviously not good enough. Taking a massive hit and extending the warantee by 3 years should obviously be considered a "poo fling".

As for motion controls still being too new to people, wouldn't the outright success of the Wii negate that stance? I mean, it's not like the Wii is getting horrible word of mouth or reviews (in general).

Maybe *gasp* Lair is just a bad game?

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Not to mention that Lair complaints went BEYOND just shitty controls.

IN fact, the biggest one I heard, more than controls even, was a difficulty in telling who was an ally and who was an enemy.

Evander on
    edited October 2007
    Fishguy wrote: »
    Evander wrote: »
    Fishguy wrote: »
    I've read through most of this thread and I haven't seen this mentioned. Why didn't Sony just pull a Nintendo and re-release their old first party PS2 games on bluray with minimal improvements? That way they could make money selling 'PS3 games' and could use those games to easily pad their release schedule to make up for everything good coming out in 2008. They wouldn't have to worry too much about BC then, because 3rd parties would probably follow suite and you'd get the DMC, RE, MGS collections etc.
    There's no disadvantage to this that I can think and would give them easy money. Being perceived as a machine with a bunch of PS2 ports is much better position to be in than machine that has '4 good games' on it.

When has Nintendo gone and remade games from the past generation? They always go for AT LEAST two generations ago, unless it is a free give-away (OoT) which doesn't quite count as the same thing.

It's the third parties who are doing all of the Wiimakes, trying to jump on the money-printing bandwagon. Not Nintendo.

I was thinking of the classics series for the gba actually, but yea they're from the NES era because ninty's been around that long. Oldest thing Sony could do is PS1, but no really good first party games come to mind that would really benefit them. I can immediately think of a ton on the PS2 (Ratchet and clanks, ICO, SOTC, GOW1,2). I'm not even saying that's something ninty does, but the Wii definately had the initial 'oh it's just a gc with motion control, look at all the ports' vibe. I'm not even saying it's a bad thing, I like seeing old games with fresh coats of paint and added features. And it would've definitely helped Sony to quickly fill the game gap.

The thing is, though, that anyone who wanted to could have gone out and bought RE4 GCN, and played it on their Wii. RE4 Wii sold great ANYWAY, though.

Sony cutting out backwards compatability, and THEN reselling games would be a pretty shitty move.

ESPECIALLY after all of their rhetoric at launch (claiming that they were the only backwards compatible console, going so far as to outright lie in their marketing to the public that the Wii would make you pay to play Gamecube games.)

Evander on
  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    A_ccualt wrote: »

Yes, that explains why Warhawks' motion controls are considered good and Lair's crap.

We need a sarcasm color.
    We have one. It's white.

JihadJesus on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

We need a sarcasm color.

salmon?

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited October 2007
    ArcSyn wrote: »

We need a sarcasm color.

salmon?

goldenrod

Evander on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

We need a sarcasm color.

salmon?

goldenrod

Wheat

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

We need a sarcasm color.

salmon?

goldenrod

Wheat

Colors aren't usually something that you apply to your own post, and having other people mark your sarcasm doesn't make much sense.

Now if you want to use an irony mark, go for it.

jothki on
    edited October 2007
    jothki wrote: »

We need a sarcasm color.

salmon?

goldenrod

Wheat

Colors aren't usually something that you apply to your own post, and having other people mark your sarcasm doesn't make much sense.

What's wrong with applying colors to your own post?

There ARE colors other than lime.

Evander on
    edited October 2007

We need a sarcasm color.

salmon?

goldenrod

Wheat

An irony mark. That's really useful.

The_Scarab on
    edited October 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »

We need a sarcasm color.

salmon?

goldenrod

Wheat

Salmoned for lies.

jothki on
  • TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

We need a sarcasm color.

salmon?

goldenrod

Wheat

Salmoned for lies.

LIME'D for truth.

TheSonicRetard on
    edited October 2007
    hahaha,

colours

LewieP on
    edited October 2007
    Remember when I used to post all my posts in a different colour each time and like 5 people reported me to moderators. What assholes. Colour makes everything better.

The_Scarab on
    edited October 2007
    Remember when I used to post all my posts in a different colour each time and like 5 people reported me to moderators. What assholes. Colour makes everything better.

magenta for "Objection!"

LewieP on
    edited October 2007
    LewieP wrote: »

magenta for "Objection!"

Jet black for ambivalence

The_Scarab on
  • Martin Lawrence OliverMartin Lawrence Oliver Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

magenta for "Objection!"

I may well make this orange a fixture.

Martin Lawrence Oliver on
  • tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

magenta for "Objection!"

Royal Rainbow!'d for acid.

Footnote: My God that took forever. Never do that again.

tarnok on
    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
    edited October 2007

Clearly, those people need to discover the wonders of Prismatology!

jothki on
  • Martin Lawrence OliverMartin Lawrence Oliver Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    French.

Martin Lawrence Oliver on
  • WoodroezWoodroez Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So guys, how about that Sony

Good news guys, I straight stuck it to them by buying the 20gig

For Backwards Compatibility!

Woodroez on
    858213-butcher-2.jpg
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    tarnok wrote: »

magenta for "Objection!"

Gayest Post Ever.

shryke on
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    If this announcement was good for anything for sony, I certainly went out and bought a 60GB PS3 before they sold out.

But still... lolsonywtf

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    TeeMan wrote: »
    If this announcement was good for anything for sony, I certainly went out and bought a 60GB PS3 before they sold out.

But still... lolsonywtf

Yes, more people need to do this to tell them "Yes, BC is important."

They're too dense to get it, but at least you get to make the statement and have a BC PS3. :^:

MKR on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    actually, my gift would be to buy a shitload of stuff for myself through his referral links.

haha

I look at his site from time to time. I'd help the guy out if he didn't live in some strange, foreign, dimension.

Sheep on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    tarnok wrote: »

magenta for "Objectio
    n!"

You guys are amateurs.

You guys are amateurs.

You guys are amateurs.
    This mocking brought to you by FunkyWaltDogg's amazing spreadsheet skills.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish