As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Friday, October 9, 2015 - Rest Assured

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2015 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, October 9, 2015 - Rest Assured

Rest Assured

Rest Assured

http://campcomic.com/comic/253

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    arianeariane Registered User regular
    That love bug breaks my heart a little bit every danged time.

• Options
    Android 21 3/7Android 21 3/7 Registered User regular
    So is now a bad time to mention that I had a nightmare about being transported to a cave where this creature lived, smiling at me, staring at me? I managed to teleport out of the cave, but was so curious, I teleported back in. The creature was further into the cave, peeking out at me, still staring and smiling at me and I knew it wanted me to follow it, but that if I did I would never wake up. And yet, even though I was scared of it and wanted to wake up, at the same time I had the inexplicable desire to follow it. I obviously woke up, but immediately afterward, I told all my friends and family the dream so that if I did not ever wake up again in the near future, they'd know what happened.

Incidentally, last night I dreamed I was in a hallway of dreams, where each door would lead to dreams people had in the past and will have in the future. It had no lighting, dark red wallpaper, cherrywood doors, and an eerie atmosphere. I had the unsettling feeling that I shouldn't be there. It's not that I would be in danger if I stayed, just that it's simply not a place I should be.

• Options
    CheddarLimboCheddarLimbo Registered User regular
    I love the way Katy draws Seventeen's facial and body expressions... Sev's face in panel 4, with the li'l shoulder is just perfect. And the way she hugs her knees in the last panel. Ugh. Too cute.

Android - What did the creature look like?

• Options
    Android 21 3/7Android 21 3/7 Registered User regular
    Admittedly goofy, Cheddarlimbo. Really the whole setting looked like something that could easily be made with the shape tools in Flash or Photoshop. "Darkness" where I was was pastel purple, light where the creature was was yellow, red was basically the gradient tone. The creature itself looked like nothing more than a bedsheet ghost, only orange with yellow eyes and mouth and no limbs to speak of. The actual image was less scary than vague dread and deep curiosity I felt.

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Malachi isn't having a good a week.

I've had dreams about not being able to breath. One dream I remember vividly as a kid is I was trapped under water. My foot was caught by a rock and no matter how hard I struggled I couldn't make it to the surface. When I finally woke up, I'd some how got stuck between the wall, my bed and pillow and started suffocating.

Another I had a few weeks ago spoiler cause it's gross:
    I had another dream I couldn't breath. In the dream somehow my mouth was full of mozzarella cheese, the melted kind you in find restaurant cheese sticks. I kept pulling and pulling but I couldn't get it out. When I finally woke up, I was having a sinus attack and was choking on snot. :)

briguy on
  • Options
    Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    I love Seventeen so much. I honestly can't decide between her and Brian.

• Options
    Morgan BlackpowderMorgan Blackpowder Registered User regular
    Cat... neeeeeds to be on bed..... wants bed so hard...

• Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    The title is simply perfect: Rest Assured

• Options
    te-kunte-kun Registered User regular
    @Android

Creature: sory. Due to the lack of fundings we had to sell the creepy costumes to video game companies. Also we can't afford eternal sleep anymore so waking up one hour late will have do.

• Options
    hajenhajen Registered User regular
    Cat... neeeeeds to be on bed..... wants bed so hard...

would you go so far as to say: cat needs bed badly 8-)

ah, how the questions of the innocents can cause the deep thinkers to blow a gasket; poor, poor Malachi

• Options
    edited October 2015
    I know I had this fear as a kid. What if I don't wake up? What if I sleep forever? My fears as an adult are the opposite. Why can't I sleep? What if I never sleep?

Life is weird.

briguy on
  • Options
    leeshagleeshag Registered User new member
    I know folks have spent a lot of time speculating as to the purpose of Camp Weedonwantcha, but what I love about this comic is that it does not need to be plot driven because the characters are so fantastic in their own right. Way to bate us with a bizarre premise and then switch over to meandering character intrigue. Dumas would be proud! Keep up the good work!

• Options
    FireballDragonFireballDragon Registered User regular
    Seems like Malachi should practice what he preaches. XD

• Options
    SavannahLionSavannahLion Registered User regular
    Years ago, I used to travel all over the state with my dad and spent many nights at old mining camps, or loggers cabins, or just lone cabins in the middle of the woods without an real explanation of why they were there. I even grew up in an area where, as a kid, I had free reign and visited many of the old abandoned buildings close by such as the railroad tunnels, winter lodgings, summer cabins, swimming pools, tennis courts, whatever.

As adult, I moved to the city to be closer to the money and have long forgotten the wonder, allure and the independence I felt as a child exploring. More importantly, I forgot what it was like to sleep in a ratty tat cabin with a friend and discussing who-knows-what in the dark.

Thanks for bringing all of that back :)

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    I have no idea what the message Malachi's face is supposed to be conveying.
    :|

• Options
    Sarge wrote: »
    I have no idea what the message Malachi's face is supposed to be conveying.
    :|

That he didn't sleep because he started to wonder what would happen if he forgot to wake up?

"To die, to sleep,
    To sleep, perchance to Dream"