As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GAME ON]Animal Crossing: Has no ending...

• Options
    eightbitseightbits Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    thats ok... I will check back later in the week to see when you have time...just add me to your list and I will do the same
    Thanks

eightbits on
    black+sentinel.jpg
    Animal Crossing : Chunk of Boogaloo - 3952-1442-9094
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Man I would like this game so much more if I had more than five or ten minutes of stuff to do every day. And nothing sucks more than having to wait a day to sell or buy anything because Nook is stealing my moneys to renovate his shop with.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    From the latest Nintendo Power:
    Shhh. It's a Secret Nov 17-24, 2006

Listen carefully, NP faithful. To commemorate the launch of Twilight Princess for Wii on 11/19, Nintendo will be giving away a very special, very rare gift in AC:WW. Be sure to connect to WFC during the week of 11/17 to receive a letter from Nintendo and collect the attached item -- you don't want to miss this one.

Triforce? Something not yet found? We shell see...

In other news, my tiling is complete (ask Eyes5, although she hasn't seen the slight adjustments I made today), and Glosta will be open for Halloween for the next three nights. I'll leave my gates open from nightfall (~7pmish EST) until I go to bed (11:30pm). Come visit!

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    VeigaVeiga Registered User new member
    edited October 2006
    I hope I can get my wi-fi router before that. I bought this game two days ago I guess it's too early to enter this whole turnip business.

Veiga on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Gates are open. If you want to visit but don't see my gate open, then I probably don't have your FC. PM me or hit me up via AIM.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    JerobJerob Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Alrighty cats, I finally managed to sneak in some stealing of WiFi around my town and nabbed my friend code.

Jerob in Wausau

2363-0580-7649

I'll keep everyone posted on the stalk market situation in my lovely hamlet.

Jerob on
    AC: WW 2363-0580-7649 Jerob in Wausau
  • Options
    Mig!Mig! Registered User new member
    edited October 2006
    God, this game is a pain in my butt.

I just was told that three of my townspeople are moving, then I read I have to hang out with them to keep them happy.

Does anyone know how many different types of fruits there are? I have peaches, apples, and oranges, but kinda wanted all the different types.

Mig! on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Mig! wrote:
    Does anyone know how many different types of fruits there are? I have peaches, apples, and oranges, but kinda wanted all the different types.

You're missing pears, cherries, and coconuts.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Shit. Daylight savings time makes the game's hour later than my local time!

Can I fix this without fucking up the game?

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    CullenCullen Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Shit. Daylight savings time makes the game's hour later than my local time!

Can I fix this without fucking up the game?

Just set the time back in the DS system menu, then don't play for an hour and you'll be fine. The game charts the passage of time as the difference between when you last saved to what the current time is. As long as that difference is positive you'll have no problems.

Eyes do you still want my pikmin? I'm thinking of finishing up playing soon and would like to give it to you before then. Weekends are probably going to be best due to the time difference.

Cullen on
  • Options
    Eyes5Eyes5 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Cullen wrote:
    Eyes do you still want my pikmin? I'm thinking of finishing up playing soon and would like to give it to you before then. Weekends are probably going to be best due to the time difference.
    Yes! Yes I do! Um, just PM me or something whenever you're online; I'll try my best to hop on. (If you want someone to babysit your hybrids and/or money, I can do that too. :) )

Eyes5 on
  • Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    So I wake up this morning to find my first black rose growing - how appropriate for Halloween! :)

Anti-Sean on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Gates open for Halloween. Bring birthday presents if you like. :)

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Have a problem, haven't been able to find a good answer.

Nook won't let me see my catalog, he says he's full-up on orders. I haven't ordered anything lately, though, that hasn't been delivered, and it's been like this for days now, maybe even a week.

What needs to happen so I can see my catalog again? I don't like having to buy something I'm unsure if I got just because I can't see it.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited November 2006

Nook won't let me see my catalog, he says he's full-up on orders. I haven't ordered anything lately, though, that hasn't been delivered, and it's been like this for days now, maybe even a week.

What needs to happen so I can see my catalog again? I don't like having to buy something I'm unsure if I got just because I can't see it.
    Do you have a spare character that you haven't used in a while? Chances are that he/she needs to empty the letterbox.

Eyes5 on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Everyone open their gates to me. Tom Nook is busting my balls.

Jerob on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Eyes5 wrote:

Do you have a spare character that you haven't used in a while? Chances are that he/she needs to empty the letterbox.

Hmm, I'll try that. Thanks!

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Allright, so this thread regained some life. I'll guess I'll ask again.

Pleasepleaseplease can someone hook me up with a Scary Painting? I offer anything I have in my catalog (several items if your want), or major amounts of bells or sexual favours or anything in return!

I will be on this afternoon around 3-4pm GMT -6 hours. Please help!

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    JammersJammers Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I've got one, if you don't mind waiting till Sunday-ish. If you've got a rocket or a lunar horizon going spare, I'd be happy to trade with you.

Jammers on
    Xbox Live - Jammers007
    Nintendo Network ID - Jammers007
    3DS - 1418-6751-8378
    Steam - Jammers007
  • Options
    Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    grrr, Gulliver gave me a Merlion for the third time in a row this morning! :pout:

Anti-Sean on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Jammers wrote:
    I've got one, if you don't mind waiting till Sunday-ish. If you've got a rocket or a lunar horizon going spare, I'd be happy to trade with you.

I can trade with you for those, but sunday might not work. Maybe.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega

• Options
    edited November 2006
    So, I understand this thread is pretty dead, but I thought I'd let the 2 people who still play this game that my turnips are selling for 394 this afternoon/evening.

I you want to come, let me know soon, cause I'll probably be AFK later.

If you can, hook a brother up with a Scary Painting in return please.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega

• Options
    D.T.D.T. Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Anti-Sean wrote:
    grrr, Gulliver gave me a Merlion for the third time in a row this morning! :pout:

I got my second (or is it third?) Merlion last night.

D.T. on
    DxTiddy.png
  • Options
    Capncrunch7Capncrunch7 Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    So, I understand this thread is pretty dead, but I thought I'd let the 2 people who still play this game that my turnips are selling for 394 this afternoon/evening.

Still around? I'll trek over to mcdonalds in bit to steal some wifi if you're available.

Capncrunch7 on
    XBLA: gogogadgetchris
  • Options
    edited November 2006

Still around? I'll trek over to mcdonalds in bit to steal some wifi if you're available.

What's your code?

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega

• Options
    edited November 2006

What's your code?

I can't get my friend code right now.. I switched to a DS lite and can't use either one now until I get into a wifi access point.

I'll be in one at about 5:00-5:15 with my computer, will you be around?

Capncrunch7 on
  • Options
    edited November 2006

What's your code?

I can't get my friend code right now.. I switched to a DS lite and can't use either one now until I get into a wifi access point.

What time is that where I am? It's 5:36 right now.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega

• Options
    edited November 2006

What's your code?

You're one hour ahead of me. I can be at mcdonalds in 10 minutes, does that work?

EDIT: sigh.. apparently the mcdonalds in my area dont have wifi. Never mind, sorry for the trouble.

Capncrunch7 on
  • Options
    edited November 2006

What's your code?

You're one hour ahead of me. I can be at mcdonalds in 10 minutes, does that work?

EDIT: sigh.. apparently the mcdonalds in my area dont have wifi. Never mind, sorry for the trouble.

That's cool.

Allright, time to shut down.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega

• Options
    BallmanBallman Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Snap. I could use some good turnip prices, but I've been gone all day.

Ballman on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Ok, emptied my wife's letterbox, Nook still isn't coughing up the catalog.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    So, when exactly does hairstyling come into play? While I love my tiny wool knit cap, I think my character desperately needs a pompador. Also, turnips...who has the lovely prices that fill my heart with joy and wonder?

Jerob on
  • Options
    JinxJinx Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    To my knowledge hairstyling is a pure vanity feature... kind of like restarting the game and answering the questions differently until you get a face you like.

Or did you mean when can you do it? Nookingtons.

Jinx on
    The Guitar Zeros << My friend's rad band that everyone should <3
    linkstick.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Ok, maybe clearing my wife's mailbox did help. This morning, got a couple of letters from Lyle and now I can order again.

Thanks, Eyes!

LBD_Nytetrayn on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Weird, Tom Nook is very depressed when I talk to him today.

He says something about his clothes not being appropriate and asking me what I think about the way he dresses. There doesn't seem to be an option to give him clothes or develop this further, though.

What's up with Nook?

Capncrunch7 on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    When do I get something to store items in? Or will I eventually be able to buy that from Nook?

'cause my house, at tier 2, is full.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited November 2006

He says something about his clothes not being appropriate and asking me what I think about the way he dresses. There doesn't seem to be an option to give him clothes or develop this further, though.

What's up with Nook?
    Every once in a while Nook, Blathers, Pelly/Phillis or Sable/Able will get all emo for several days, which simply offers a bit of backstory into their lives. You don't need to do anything, just lend an ear like a good friend.
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    When do I get something to store items in? Or will I eventually be able to buy that from Nook?

You can get storage items such as closets, refrigerators and dressers from Nook or as balloon presents, or presents from neighbours. In fact, with today being the Flea Market, you should be able to buy one from a resident. You get 75 storage spaces overall, but it doesn't double if you get two or more storage items. If you're really desperate, you can beg one of us long-time players to give you a storage item. :wink: (Not me, though. I'm busy. Sort of.)

I assume you're a new player? Welcome to the fold. I do love fresh blood.

Eyes5 on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Eyes5 wrote:

What's up with Nook?
    Every once in a while Nook, Blathers, Pelly/Phillis or Sable/Able will get all emo for several days, which simply offers a bit of backstory into their lives. You don't need to do anything, just lend an ear like a good friend.
    Mai-Kero wrote:

You can get storage items such as closets, refrigerators and dressers from Nook or as balloon presents, or presents from neighbours. In fact, with today being the Flea Market, you should be able to buy one from a resident. You get 75 storage spaces overall, but it doesn't double if you get two or more storage items. If you're really desperate, you can beg one of us long-time players to give you a storage item. :wink: (Not me, though. I'm busy. Sort of.)

I assume you're a new player? Welcome to the fold. I do love fresh blood.

Unfortunately, I don't have a wireless router yet, and seeing as how this is Wii month I'm not sure I'll be able to afford one. In addition to the Wii and TP, I've gotta get FFIII and FFV too. D:

Is a bookshelf a storage item?

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    MJMJ Registered User regular
    edited November 2006

What's up with Nook?

He said the same thing to me today too. :shock:
    He's had a few of these emo moments already though about his past. I think it's just another one of those days.

I got the most hilarious letter from my mom in the game this week. I don't think it was intended to interpreted this way, but she said:

"I stepped into the tub to
    enjoy a bath and I
    noticed the water overflowing. Was it me?
    -Now the floor's wet. Mom"

I couldn't stop laughing. :lol:

MJ on
    mino_mirror_punch2_sig.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Hmm, Nook seemed fine to me earlier.

I do rather dislike that you're only allotted so much space to store items, even if you buy more.

Vs. the GameCube version where you can store different things in every piece you buy, but only up to three items apiece.

Are they TRYING to make this as inconvenient as possible?

Also, remember that whole hullaballoo about K.K. Slider promoting piracy? Well, got a bottle mail this morning that I'd never expect in AC: it was promoting two guys named Shawn and Sean getting hitched.

Has same-sex marriage come to our fair towns? Not that there's anything wrong with that at all, I just damn sure wouldn't expect it...

LBD_Nytetrayn on