As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] IB 2.0: My Babar is Ready

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Anybody interested in doing the Solar sword strike?

I'm settled in at home now so I can lend a hand. I already did it so it's whatever

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I miss when I could just use an etheric light and instantly get max-level gear. The new infusion process is tedious and reliant entirely on the mercy of RNG to give me 301+ raid gear and 310 exotics.

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Oh right. So I dismantled a random blue item last night. A single weapon part.

Man that is a fucking terrible change.

If anything they should've increased it.

Wouldn't mind if the Gunsmith just sold boxes of weapon parts for glimmer/legendary marks/motes.

I know why they made less motes for dismantling blues though. Some guy on Reddit posted a method of using motes to level legendary items while wearing blues in the rest of the slots which would give you back more motes than you used.

If only he hadn't posted it on Reddit Bungie may never have done anything about it.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Oh right. So I dismantled a random blue item last night. A single weapon part.

Man that is a fucking terrible change.

If anything they should've increased it.

Wouldn't mind if the Gunsmith just sold boxes of weapon parts for glimmer/legendary marks/motes.

I know why they made less motes for dismantling blues though. Some guy on Reddit posted a method of using motes to level legendary items while wearing blues in the rest of the slots which would give you back more motes than you used.

If only he hadn't posted it on Reddit Bungie may never have done anything about it.

I'm guessing they are trying to control the rate at which we can level our factions by limiting various currency drops. I can see doing it for motes and coins but lumping weapon parts into the equation was really stupid since most of us have chewed through our reserves just leveling up weapons.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    I sincerely doubt that that post had anything to do with the change. That method is just an extension of a tried and true leveling method that many others have already been using, including me.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »
    "Oh hey, we fixed the game-freezing Firefly bug"

LIES BUNGIE, DIRTY DAMN LIES. My FWC Hand Cannon froze the game last night like Queen Elsa.

Weirdly, it's only ever happened on The Vanity; Hung Jury has never given me an issue.

I really don't get how this makes it through QA twice. Like, the first time? I guess but not asking for CTDs on consoles doesn't seem that big a deal. The second time? Seriously?

Also from what I've heard it's the issue with LiC and Firefly so I can see it being fairly rare on random guns. On one of your preselected Vendor guns though....

Speaking as a person who writes software every day, it is surprisingly common to have a bug that none of the devs and QA involved ever see but which a few people see every single time and a bunch of people see occasionally. And if you can't reproduce the bug consistently (which is usually because it's a race condition somewhere and thereby dependent on shit like network speed, hardware performance, what other software you're running, how hot it is in the room, the phase of the moon...) it's damned hard to make certain it's fixed. Especially if it turns out the bug was a combination of factors and you only found and fixed one of them.

I have no idea how LitC + Firefly would crash a PS4. Whatever it is that's doing it really ought to have some error handling around it. But I'm generally willing to give a developer a lot of slack when it comes to tricksy shit that just happens some of the time to some people.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    I managed to crash Vagabond's game during the Warpriest encounter last night with my raid Pulse Rifle w/Firefly.

I felt bad. =(

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    The awesomeness would not be contained.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    Spent a few hours pubbing IB last night with good results. 14 matches and all bounties complete other than hitting rank 4. 1 point above half way to Rank 3. Finished off my 6+ auto rifle kills and made some more progress on the chaperone quest. Should be on around or a little after 10pm EST tonight to do the daily bounties.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    Tommatt wrote: »
    Besides doing it for fun, sitting at 289 light is there really any reason to do IB? Right now I feel if I'm playing the game I should be doing strikes as it's the only thing that matters, and that's what's been grating me. What's even the recommended light for IB? I remember in Crota being a 30 full of 32's sucking. And that's where I feel I'd be.

So it's do strikes, hope for gear, and then try to get into the raid, for better gear, to then be on an even level for IB I feel like. How big of a deficit is it to be at 285 or so for IB? That's what I'd be with an exotic equipped I believe.

The Etheric Light made the reward worth it, but still needing light I feel it'd be stupid to do for some 280 gear. I guess the gear that drops can be higher, but again, RNG, should just be running strikes if I want to make gains. But everybody who's decent at the game is in IB, so heroic strikes are out. Maybe I'll just go watch The Flash :/

If you want to play IB, then play it. The light level does make a difference, but its not earthshattering. I've seen 275 guys at the top of the charts.

On your general statement, I've only done the raid once. I'm 297 light. My light level before that one time doing the raid?

295. By just playing the game. Normal strikes, heroic strikes, doing the dailies. Find 280 gear you like, then infuse it with 290-299 blue engrams that drop if you do these things. Frankly there's not even a reason to mess with the heroic list if you are just engram hunting, as they drop just as much as in normal. You don't need an amazing team, rando's do just fine in that list.

Honestly I think you are so caught up trying to figure out how to get a higher light level you aren't getting there because you aren't just playing the game instead.

On another note, the bounty change for IB is crazy pants. We were talking last night and sure that the weeklies would be replaced by dailies as you completed them.

Nope. So now today, since I completed two of the three weeklies last night, I only have three IB bounties to choose today. Those three I finished in my first match. This is going to severely reduce the sped/efficiency with which you can gain rank.

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    @DodgeBlan: We getting the gang back together this week for King's Fall?

I'm out of town for work this week :sad:

but yall should totes raid!

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    It's crazy how much fast leveling is in this game now. I just picked up Taken King and started a new character, and I just got to Mars last night and I'm already level 19.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    So, Armsday:

Eirene sniper w/Faucon, Triple-Tap, and Life Support - I'd have preferred Clown Cartridge, but this will give me a new toy to distract me from the IB-fueled rage.

Hakke sniper w/Surplus! WOOOO! Now I have a stat-stick for when all I really care about is blowing shit up with a heavy weapon. To be honest, I don't even recall what the scopes/other perks are because I was just excited to see Surplus. =P

Suros rocket Launcher w/Hard Launch, Heavy Payload, Javelin, and Grenades and Horseshooes - Hello to my new PvP heavy!

...and I still have the same weapons cycling through on my Warlock and Titan. =)

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
    edited October 2015
    Raynaga wrote: »
    On another note, the bounty change for IB is crazy pants. We were talking last night and sure that the weeklies would be replaced by dailies as you completed them.

Nope. So now today, since I completed two of the three weeklies last night, I only have three IB bounties to choose today. Those three I finished in my first match. This is going to severely reduce the sped/efficiency with which you can gain rank.

The weekly bounties being both weekly and, other than the rank 4 thing, being stuff you could pull off in a day kinda sucks. I only finished one of them yesterday (the Iron Marathon one) but I got pretty close on the primary and secondary kills for the other one and got the streaks and double kills for the last. And I'm not good at PvP.

The 525 rep and 25 marks are nice but with the way tempering works, not keeping them sitting around in your bounty inventory all week is actively and extremely detrimental to your hitting rank 5. I turned in the one I finished because I wanted to hit rank 2 thinking it would get me the new IB bond to improve my future rep gains but nope, I was misremembering what was which rank. So I guess I won't make that mistake and will hang on to the other two once I finish them. If I wait until Monday they'll get me... what? 525 x 2.5 x 1.3 each? That's more than one rank off two bounties. I'd have preferred weekly bounties that actually took a week. Like complete 40 matches instead of 13, or complete matches on 3 different days, or complete 8 daily IB bounties.

But on the other hand the daily ones are a fuck ton easier to do (so far) than Iron Wrath or the machine gun streaks one.

CptHamilton on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Got almost all the bounties done (only thing left on the original set is "get to banana rank 4")

got my million million shader. gonna try to get to rank 5

mightily tempted by that pulse rifle. I love my apple but the perks I have are more pve and I can't justify buying the same gun just with different perks

Erevar wrote: »
    So, Armsday:

Eirene sniper w/Faucon, Triple-Tap, and Life Support - I'd have preferred Clown Cartridge, but this will give me a new toy to distract me from the IB-fueled rage.

Hakke sniper w/Surplus! WOOOO! Now I have a stat-stick for when all I really care about is blowing shit up with a heavy weapon. To be honest, I don't even recall what the scopes/other perks are because I was just excited to see Surplus. =P

Suros rocket Launcher w/Hard Launch, Heavy Payload, Javelin, and Grenades and Horseshooes - Hello to my new PvP heavy!

...and I still have the same weapons cycling through on my Warlock and Titan. =)

I'm glad my hunter kept those sniper orders!

now that I'm 300 the flaws of the new light system are really starting to chafe

takes a whole lot of effort to make using new 280 weapons not a net negative

a whole lot of effort I'm not sure I have

DodgeBlan wrote: »
    now that I'm 300 the flaws of the new light system are really starting to chafe

takes a whole lot of effort to make using new 280 weapons not a net negative

a whole lot of effort I'm not sure I have

So far it doesn't really feel like using a 280 gun is that big a detriment. Like yeah, your light stat dips. But as far as I can tell, most content isn't significantly more difficult if you're down a few points of overall light with a 280-odd gun.

• morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    Has anyone seen IB stuff drop in game yet? I ran 10ish games last night and never saw anyone pull an IB item. Is it like last time where they don't start dropping until level 3-4?

Also, anyone know if the drop table is everything, or just what the vendor is selling?

Thanks.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
    Has anyone seen IB stuff drop in game yet? I ran 10ish games last night and never saw anyone pull an IB item. Is it like last time where they don't start dropping until level 3-4?

Also, anyone know if the drop table is everything, or just what the vendor is selling?

Thanks.

I didn't see any drops either. Don't think anyone knows what the loot table looks like.

Am I the only person who has his 300+ light gear on ONLY when I'm doing raids or a difficult strike? Most of the time I'm running around with mismatched blues/legendaries/exotics putting xp and levels into them when I do the majority of the PVE content. I mean, shit dies just as fast in Patrol/Strikes for the most part with whatever I have on, so long as it isn't sub-250 light.

PvP yes I have a specific loadout, but I care a lot more about efficiency in PVP than PVE, exception being mainly the raid. Otherwise I feel like you could do 90% of the missions/bounties etc at whatever light and be fine. FWIW I did Fear's Embrace at sub 290 and wondered why the heck everyone complained about it. Same with Heroic Regicide.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
    Fear's Embrace is fairly tough but definitely do-able at below 290 solo. Most of the time when I'm running around I just throw on whatever I want to level. The other day I had on a 276 robe, a 280 vendor helmet, a 280odd bond, and some lower-light guns. Forgot to swap out of it before starting the Chaperone version of the Bond Brothers strike and didn't notice until I got to the boss room.

Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Am I the only person who has his 300+ light gear on ONLY when I'm doing raids or a difficult strike? Most of the time I'm running around with mismatched blues/legendaries/exotics putting xp and levels into them when I do the majority of the PVE content. I mean, shit dies just as fast in Patrol/Strikes for the most part with whatever I have on, so long as it isn't sub-250 light.

PvP yes I have a specific loadout, but I care a lot more about efficiency in PVP than PVE, exception being mainly the raid. Otherwise I feel like you could do 90% of the missions/bounties etc at whatever light and be fine. FWIW I did Fear's Embrace at sub 290 and wondered why the heck everyone complained about it. Same with Heroic Regicide.

I wish I could but the loot mechanic has me paranoid. I need as many +290 blues as I can get and as a result I feel like it's mandatory for me to be over 300

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Sleeper Simulant is really fun in pvp. I had a couple of double headshot kills last night, and a great "shoot a guy, then headshot another one I can't even see" that made me drop my controller from laughing.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

Thanks.

I got an arm band at rank 2.

What is this I don't even.
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular

Thanks.

I didn't see any drops either. Don't think anyone knows what the loot table looks like.

Saw a Hunter win some IB related thing; I want to say a wolf head thing. I didn't take too much notice of it, because the guy basically went afk halfway through the game, and we ended up losing by 300 or so points so I went off to grab myself a drink.

PSN Fleety2009
  • MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Someone got a 290 class item apparently. I overheard that in one of the party chats I was in last night before my internet lost its mind.

As to if you can get something besides what he sells, I don't know that anyone knows yet. I'd be surprised though if they allow the loot table to have all of the weapons and/or armor parts, but it's Bungie, so who knows?

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir

I wish I could but the loot mechanic has me paranoid. I need as many +290 blues as I can get and as a result I feel like it's mandatory for me to be over 300

Put on your 300 gear at the Cryptarch before you decrypt your stack of blues?

Thanks.

I got the class item (which is sold at rank 3) a match or two into rank 2. That was the only IB drop I saw all day, so lucky me!

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Arteen wrote: »
    I miss when I could just use an etheric light and instantly get max-level gear. The new infusion process is tedious and reliant entirely on the mercy of RNG to give me 301+ raid gear and 310 exotics.

Cant let you get good gear too fast! Timegates, weekly access and shitty raid drop rates, which is not new, but the raid drops stats being RNG in both LL and perks makes that makes it even harder to get the stuff you want is a new thing.

This is not a coincidence, its all a part of a design meant to delay getting the best gear.

Sirialis on
  • TabinTabin Registered User regular
    I saw carl get the butt towel last night

yeah but you never know when you are going to get an unencrypted blue

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »

Cant let you get good gear too fast! Timegates, weekly access and shitty raid drop rate, which is not new, but the raid drops stats being RNG in both LL and perks makes it even harder to get the stuff you want.

This is not a coincidence, at all.

It's really important to remember that the etheric light thing was part of the bookend to the "season" or whatever... that's why they did it. It was the end of the era.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”

What? I mean, I literally have to shard 290+ weapons and armor regularly because I only need to hold onto maybe one or two of those for future infusion fodder, so I bank or hold them in a slot locked up. The game is so generous with engrams that I regularly have the Diablo 3 issue of having to return to town often just to decrypt and shard. I mean, YMMV, but still.

Unencrypted blues mostly only drop from Strike bosses, and if you are doing strikes, you are probably in your raid gear anyway. In the "world" and missions, I don't think I've seen an unencrypted blue that wasn't from a boss drop.

• Jeff210Jeff210 Registered User regular

Thanks.

I got the class item (which is sold at rank 3) a match or two into rank 2. That was the only IB drop I saw all day, so lucky me!

I think that the Iron Banner drops actually don't show up on the loot screen, but rather just appear as rewards when you get back to your ship. I got the titan towel and it wasn't on the loot screen. I've played 20+ games and haven't seen any iron banner drops on that screen.

edited October 2015

like court of oryx, end of activity rewards, special drops and other stuff are all unencrypted. Need dem to be high light.

DodgeBlan on

• WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Thanks.

I got an arm band at rank 2.

I got the wolf cloak on my hunter, dropped at light 283 I think. I haven't seen anyone else get anything, but most people still aren't very high level yet in IB rep.

253J736.png
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Gotta say, coming back to Destiny after not having played it since before House of Wolves sure is intimidating. Especially having now upgraded to an Xbox One, so it feels doubly new. It's weird having it seemingly display all the Wolves missions as open, so we're having to carefully track which one's next so as not to skip ahead. Can't wait to get onto wherever the hell I unlock my Titan's hammer.

forumsig.png

like court of oryx, end of activity rewards, special drops and other stuff are all unencrypted. Need dem to be high light.

Ok, I see what you mean, but if you are doing Court, then you can plan for that and gear accordingly. The rest outside of strikes and bosses I'm kinda meh. I can't see how gimping your fun by voluntarily abstaining from using whatever fun new guns and gear you feel like in most casual pve and maybe even pvp content is outweighed by an occasional unencrypted blue drop.

My warlock isn't even 289 but he already has had a 300 blue helm drop for him. It's RNG, man. You are gonna get those high drops no matter what.

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Hey @Hiryu02 your advice on defender PvP has turned me into a monster.

Plus NBP doesn't hurt either

Last night I got a penta kill because five people just chain walked into my bubble and I just leisurely shotgunned them all down.

I don't know what they were thinking

Maybe something like "This guy seems nice, we should give him a pentakill. He looks like he deserves it."