As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – TorqueL

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2015 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – TorqueL

Gabe and Tycho play a game for 15 minutes and then judge it accordingly. This week they play TorqueL. You can watch the full length version of this episode here.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Not only does the game look really good, but Tycho and Gabe's obvious enjoyment was infectious and I couldn't stop laughing with them the entire time.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    LittlestarsLittlestars Registered User regular
    Kalimba was the First 15 that totally sold me on First 15. Also Guilty Gear but I was already a GG fan. I'm a big puzzler, or solver, I guess?

The puzzle games I enjoy most are the "did you see that shit right there" puzzle games. The ones that invoke frat party broseph fist pounding chest bumping attitudes that are, in my mind, absolutely abhorrent outside of this one very specific context. So, with this game? Did you see that shit right there? Yea, I love it.

Also love the video. One of my favorites in the series, not just because of the game but because it really looked like the guys were enjoying themselves.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Jerry's wheezing laughter mirrored my wheezing laughter, A+.

• Options
    montysbowlermontysbowler Registered User new member
    You are not funny anymore. This has become so elitest and underground you almost have to be a developer in the industry to even crack a smile at this. With the live podcast you have become that which you have preached agaisnt for so long. Kudos to doing it well and informatively, but there used to be comics about games, for gamers, that did not require such an nth level degree of knowledge to even begin to find it funny. Your Android series is good, the trenches, and camp are good, but penny arcade itself has lost it's flair. Hell, there isn't even a good way to contact you guys anymore (see recent post regarding the same). This used to be the Mecca of game, platform, and humor regarding both, and is now a showcase for the same "way TOOOOOO far inside" people and humor you once made fun of (I.e. anything regarding WoW) and less of anything that is amusing to an audience that does play games but doesn't have the wherewithal to be on the bleeding edge (I.e. Splinter Cell Puppy Helmet). Sorry guys, I know you got a corporate sponsor, and a nice paycheck for your art, but you lost the comic edge back there somewhwre

• Options
    LittlestarsLittlestars Registered User regular
    Nope. Not even going to talk about it.

I will redirect and say I left something out of my first post. I really appreciate that Jerry Garcia was able to quickly identify and enjoy that music stops when the box stops. And! That it goes in reverse when the box goes in reverse. I appreciate it because it's a super cool thing and I never would have noticed otherwise. It reminded me of some pretty interesting Flash (and later Unity) puzzle games that made good use of audio as a kind of feature. Auditorium is probably my favorite that does this but it's not the same sort of puzzle action going on here.

Rewatched and laughed again. Did you see my next level shit interrobang

• Options
    doompookydoompooky Wild (Let's Draw A) Horses Couldn't Drag Me AwayRegistered User regular
    You are not funny anymore. This has become so elitest and underground you almost have to be a developer in the industry to even crack a smile at this. With the live podcast you have become that which you have preached agaisnt for so long. Kudos to doing it well and informatively, but there used to be comics about games, for gamers, that did not require such an nth level degree of knowledge to even begin to find it funny. Your Android series is good, the trenches, and camp are good, but penny arcade itself has lost it's flair. Hell, there isn't even a good way to contact you guys anymore (see recent post regarding the same). This used to be the Mecca of game, platform, and humor regarding both, and is now a showcase for the same "way TOOOOOO far inside" people and humor you once made fun of (I.e. anything regarding WoW) and less of anything that is amusing to an audience that does play games but doesn't have the wherewithal to be on the bleeding edge (I.e. Splinter Cell Puppy Helmet). Sorry guys, I know you got a corporate sponsor, and a nice paycheck for your art, but you lost the comic edge back there somewhwre

Mike (Gabe) and Jerry (Tycho) don't read these forums.

we7ek91hy97o.png
  • Options
    doompookydoompooky Wild (Let's Draw A) Horses Couldn't Drag Me AwayRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Not only does the game look really good, but Tycho and Gabe's obvious enjoyment was infectious and I couldn't stop laughing with them the entire time.

I lost it at "Oh, Jesus Christ! I am Jesus Christ!"

we7ek91hy97o.png
  • Options
    WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015

I'm sure they are going to lose lots of sleep over that post.

First 15 continues to be my favorite of the new PA shows. I can't be arsed to sit and watch entire Let's Plays, so I like this bite-size Let's Play format.

This game is a really great idea, but there is no way in hell I could play it. My eye was twitching just watching someone else play it, haha.

WordLust on
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if something can be "elitist" and "underground" at the same time.

• Options
    FiskFisk Registered User new member
    I'm just wondering where Mike got that Destiny hoodie, it's freakin cool!

• Options
    WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    I'm not sure if something can be "elitist" and "underground" at the same time.

Maybe he thinks "elitist" and "1337" mean the same thing.

• Options
    Fisk wrote: »
    I'm just wondering where Mike got that Destiny hoodie, it's freakin cool!

This
    is the only place I've found it online, but it's still "Coming Soon!" as of right now, and that website looks a bit fishy...

Amazon UK seems to have them, but it doesn't look like they deliver to the US, if that's where you are.

we7ek91hy97o.png