As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] IB 2.0: My Babar is Ready

• Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Am I the only person who has his 300+ light gear on ONLY when I'm doing raids or a difficult strike? Most of the time I'm running around with mismatched blues/legendaries/exotics putting xp and levels into them when I do the majority of the PVE content. I mean, shit dies just as fast in Patrol/Strikes for the most part with whatever I have on, so long as it isn't sub-250 light.

PvP yes I have a specific loadout, but I care a lot more about efficiency in PVP than PVE, exception being mainly the raid. Otherwise I feel like you could do 90% of the missions/bounties etc at whatever light and be fine. FWIW I did Fear's Embrace at sub 290 and wondered why the heck everyone complained about it. Same with Heroic Regicide.

I wish I could but the loot mechanic has me paranoid. I need as many +290 blues as I can get and as a result I feel like it's mandatory for me to be over 300

Put on your 300 gear at the Cryptarch before you decrypt your stack of blues?

yeah but you never know when you are going to get an unencrypted blue

like court of oryx, end of activity rewards, special drops and other stuff are all unencrypted. Need dem to be high light.

Ok, I see what you mean, but if you are doing Court, then you can plan for that and gear accordingly. The rest outside of strikes and bosses I'm kinda meh. I can't see how gimping your fun by voluntarily abstaining from using whatever fun new guns and gear you feel like in most casual pve and maybe even pvp content is outweighed by an occasional unencrypted blue drop.

My warlock isn't even 289 but he already has had a 300 blue helm drop for him. It's RNG, man. You are gonna get those high drops no matter what.
    Marikir wrote: »
    Am I the only person who has his 300+ light gear on ONLY when I'm doing raids or a difficult strike? Most of the time I'm running around with mismatched blues/legendaries/exotics putting xp and levels into them when I do the majority of the PVE content. I mean, shit dies just as fast in Patrol/Strikes for the most part with whatever I have on, so long as it isn't sub-250 light.

PvP yes I have a specific loadout, but I care a lot more about efficiency in PVP than PVE, exception being mainly the raid. Otherwise I feel like you could do 90% of the missions/bounties etc at whatever light and be fine. FWIW I did Fear's Embrace at sub 290 and wondered why the heck everyone complained about it. Same with Heroic Regicide.

I wish I could but the loot mechanic has me paranoid. I need as many +290 blues as I can get and as a result I feel like it's mandatory for me to be over 300

Put on your 300 gear at the Cryptarch before you decrypt your stack of blues?

yeah but you never know when you are going to get an unencrypted blue

like court of oryx, end of activity rewards, special drops and other stuff are all unencrypted. Need dem to be high light.

Ok, I see what you mean, but if you are doing Court, then you can plan for that and gear accordingly. The rest outside of strikes and bosses I'm kinda meh. I can't see how gimping your fun by voluntarily abstaining from using whatever fun new guns and gear you feel like in most casual pve and maybe even pvp content is outweighed by an occasional unencrypted blue drop.

My warlock isn't even 289 but he already has had a 300 blue helm drop for him. It's RNG, man. You are gonna get those high drops no matter what.

I had a long post about this conversation but I think it all comes down to your final point. It is RNG. But there's something to be said for doing things that you personally feel will help. I'm always using blues and stuff to level them, especially due to the weapon part nerf, but I was also the guy doing the "280-284 trick" at the Cryptarch. I think I'm past that mind set now, but I understand the comfort it provides.

RNGesus will provide, eventually, yes. But play how you feel is best. Otherwise, you are hurting your own enjoyment.

The last part is what I was mostly getting at. DodgeBlan was expressing that he wasn't having fun because he always had the same gear on for fear of missing a drop. I'm saying you are gonna get that drop regardless, go ham. Have fun, play dumb builds and so on.

I don't actually think that's how it works. Drops are preferenced to a certain range within your current light. FACT.

and it's not a big deal, I still think the new system is an overall improvement. However I thought one of the biggest strengths of the old system was that guns were largely separated from the leveling treadmill. Now they're smack bang on that leveling treadmill.

In Y1 you wrote off all blue drops in crucible. Now I'm using Red Death and I get blue drops and think 'hmmm, if I switched to my doom of chelchis there's a greater chance that they will be useful'.

I got 300 auto riffle drop at LL 260s. Yes items drop in a certain range but you also have a slight random chance to get things out of that range. It's still in the end rng. I still get 265 blues from time to time at 300+ not alot but every now and then.

Evil Monkey on

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I think getting best overall score will just be impossible for me, but I have the bounty just in case I get it by a stroke of luck.

Also the hakke pvp hand cannon from the vendor is the worst fucking gun ever holy shit.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    PSA: Titan bubbles can now tank multiple hammers. Like, basically an entire hammer super. It's pretty sweet.

Yo. YOOOOOOOOOOOO.

*vibrates*

the only thing that can stop a titan

another titan

tumblr_inline_nugzymNpOi1qbv5qk_500.png

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    PSA: Titan bubbles can now tank multiple hammers. Like, basically an entire hammer super. It's pretty sweet.

Yo. YOOOOOOOOOOOO.

*vibrates*

the only thing that can stop a titan

another titan

tumblr_inline_nugzymNpOi1qbv5qk_500.png

To fight monsters, we created monsters.

7f_jaegerspacificrim00.jpg

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    In weird super interaction news, for some reason the Hunter's Void Bow tether(?) forces you to look DOWN when it afflicts you. Both myself and @Iron Weasel can attest to this from last night. In my case I was waiting for a hunter to go through a doorway so I could shotgun him, then he shoots a tether at the door opening and I find myself staring at the floor.

I related this to the rest of the group, and and a bit later Iron Weasel spoke up saying yeah, the same thing just happened to him.

Yeah, it's part of the abilities' effect/CC.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    I don't think a guaranteed LL290+ Legendary would be a crazy idea for a nightfall reward.

They wouldn't be end game then, they'd be the stuff you do before the end game. Which is a fine step and all but if you're routinely raiding you're not gonna give a shit about a sub 300 legendary piece, I mean 3 marks. Well barring just flat out exceptional perk rolls. In a way they've created this problem by Legendary drops no longer being ridiculously rare as well.

To me it's more that blues are vastly cheaper to level and upgrade, and you get so many more that it's easy to hit the mid 290's with just gear that requires no infusion.

In weird super interaction news, for some reason the Hunter's Void Bow tether(?) forces you to look DOWN when it afflicts you. Both myself and @Iron Weasel can attest to this from last night. In my case I was waiting for a hunter to go through a doorway so I could shotgun him, then he shoots a tether at the door opening and I find myself staring at the floor.

I related this to the rest of the group, and and a bit later Iron Weasel spoke up saying yeah, the same thing just happened to him.

Is this stated in the game anywhere?

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I hate that I wont be able to do the 500+ rep IB bounties today because I didn't finish them last night and I will finish them today. Makes me feel very behind.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • TabinTabin Registered User regular
    still need one more for an impromptu raid any takers?

edited October 2015

Is this stated in the game anywhere?

No, but it consistently happens across the board. The snare has a very large amount of "flinch" applied to it.

edit: Doesn't always force your aim to go down though. But it definitely screws people's aim up. Otherwise if you missed and popped the tethers you'd be pretty much exposed and such. In PVE it "blinds" the enemies.

tastydonuts on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Yea, I can cope with almost all the rest of the tether thing but the vision yank is the most annoying part.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    I hate that I wont be able to do the 500+ rep IB bounties today because I didn't finish them last night and I will finish them today. Makes me feel very behind.

The 525 rep ones are weekly. Anybody who finished them yesterday can't do them again.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian

Yea, I can cope with almost all the rest of the tether thing but the vision yank is the most annoying part.

It could turn your screen black/white as part of the blind while you're tethered ... which would be more annoying.

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Hey Hiryu-

what perks do you run with your Defender? I've been running Warmachine and Bastion, but I'm wondering if Unbreakable and Relentless with NBP might be a better combo

What's your input?

I've been running Defender to get the Defender questline done and I've actually come to enjoy it immensely in Control. I've mostly been using Saint-14, but I think NBP is more useful - the bubble is small enough that the blind effect doesn't really factor into it, unless you want people not to be able to see whether they're in or out when it gets hectic in there. People constantly think they can take me with shotguns or even supers and they're consistently proven wrong. Only thing that really messes with it is golden gun (and nova bomb, I suppose, but even then, you can see it coming and bounce out backwards).

I have traditionally run War Machine or Unbreakable but lately I've been going with Gift of Light - I tend to do more punching than I do shotgunning once it gets really hectic, so I may as well create Orbs for everyone.

I recorded a clip of an end-of-match where people just kept running in and getting knocked the eff out - I'll try to remember to upload it later. I actually had a few things I wanted to cut together into a "best of," including some mostly-unintentional arrow dodges and some punchfests.

I will be rocking Defender in the name of the Iron Babar, the One True King, this evening. I assume that Babar's Ironguard will roll six deep or greater and we will take the fight to clans around the globe in the name of the Elephant King. Let's do this thing.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    It could turn your screen black/white as part of the blind while you're tethered ... which would be more annoying.

Like the "taken" effect from KF? That'd be sort of... neat.

Can't wait to hit Rank 4 so I can buy that Ironwreath sidearm and go ham in reg crucible with Universal Remote, Sidearm and NBP. New NBP has really shaken up the game for me. Probably my favorite exotic now that Y2 Armamentarium isn't available.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Good run of Iridescent Banana from @OptimusZed and crew. Good shit y'all.

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

The 525 rep ones are weekly. Anybody who finished them yesterday can't do them again.

Oh, I feel a lot better about that now. Thanks

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    Good run of Iridescent Banana from @OptimusZed and crew. Good shit y'all.
    Thanks for the help with the sword this morning, along with @Tabin .

I kind of wish I could afford to put down Invective to run it in crucible.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    metaghost wrote: »

Like the "taken" effect from KF? That'd be sort of... neat.

Oh, I meant in addition to throwing your aim off.

When you're using the shots it slows your momentum, especially in the air. If it didn't flick the aim of affected then basically you're just a sitting duck in the sky/wherever you use it.

Darkening the screen just doesn't cut it. The blind effect in a defender bubble doesn't do that because you're able to move/get a defensive or offensive buff too against targets; no such thing for Nightstalkers.

I got what looked like a pimp hakke hand cannon from getting to rank 4 on the arsman, but I dunno after doing the hand cannon pvp from hakke I don't trust their shitty guns...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    I don't like the recoil on Hakke weapons aside from like the apple of discord. which is manageable

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
    My issue with hand cannons is two fold, its rate of fire and range. Like Last word has a good ROF but shit awful range, Ace of Spades has good range, but its ROF is shitty.

Its maddening!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Reddits idea about what caused the weapon parts nerf.
    Tom: Yo Carl! The players are complain' bout low weapon parts?

Carl: Huh? I cant hear yea! Speak up!!

Tom: Did we nerf the weapon parts drop rate?!

Carl: Nerf weapon parts drop rate? Okay

Sirialis on
    Yeah I'm glad they did that. I currently sitting on 50 weapon parts and thats way too many.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Can't wait to hit Rank 4 so I can buy that Ironwreath sidearm and go ham in reg crucible with Universal Remote, Sidearm and NBP. New NBP has really shaken up the game for me. Probably my favorite exotic now that Y2 Armamentarium isn't available.

....wait can universal remote be equipped as a primary? am I crazy? is it a heavy?

I don't have the gun yet so I don't know

but i agree that NBP is like my favorite fucking exotic ever

plus it looks fucking baller when rocking a gold or orange shader

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular

....wait can universal remote be equipped as a primary? am I crazy? is it a heavy?

I don't have the gun yet so I don't know

Universal Remote is an exotic Shotgun you can equip in your primary slot.

oh my god i didnt know universal remote was a primary slot shotgun

i need it

i neeeeed it

i need it

i neeeeed it

In all honesty this may take a bit of doing. I want to say your best bet is to buy legacy engrams when Xur is in town. I'm a pack rat and never shard anything, but with it being a Year 1 weapon with no current Year 2 version it may be hard to find. Also being a Year 1 gun it would be fun/effective in regular crucible, but not IB or Trials.

I do plan to derp around with it for a funsies build after IB is done.

i need it

i neeeeed it

In all honesty this may take a bit of doing. I want to say your best bet is to buy legacy engrams when Xur is in town. I'm a pack rat and never shard anything, but with it being a Year 1 weapon with no current Year 2 version it may be hard to find. Also being a Year 1 gun it would be fun/effective in regular crucible, but not IB or Trials.

fucking

damnit

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Team Not Yet Named!
    I will be slightly late maybe(?) to the raid party. I'm hoping that we have a smoothish run and can get everything down in one night, which will free me up to post an alt/second raid for tomorrow so we can get more new blood in and up.

Also I think next week we should do a daddy/son date night, where we kill both crota and Oryx in the same night. Perhaps get both checkpoints the night before? I think that'd be hilarious.

PSN: jfrofl
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Sitting on about 400 weapon parts, well over 1500 armor bits. I always used motes to level factions I guess.

edited October 2015

i need it

i neeeeed it

fucking

damnit

Bro I feel you. Honestly both NBP and Universal Remote were considered somewhat mediocre items in Year 1. In addition the NBP change was unforeseen, especially considering DeeJ Edit: Sorry, Bungie had previously straight up DENIED that NBP was getting buffed.

The NBP change opened up a ton of potential builds and weapons like UR which were previously not optimal, all of a sudden has some real applications now.

Hiryu02 on
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular

It's a great exotic and it does look cool. Except that it gives me baby arms compared to some of the other Titan shoulders, which are WoW-like in their extreme size.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    So, matchmaking eh? Just had a bunch of games, did ok on K/D. Teammates didn't sniff rounding up to 1.0 until the last game or two. I'm going to get to 13 IB matches and have like 2 wins. You'd think Solo/Duo queues would be the *easiest* way to matchmake even teams, no? But instead, we get 4 solo god-like players vs our 6 solo scrubvilles.

Trojan35 on
    I'm gonna try and fart around saving high strength and intellect gear for the regular crucible to maximize the force barrier cooldown

• JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Trojan35 wrote: »
    So, matchmaking eh? Just had a bunch of games, did ok on K/D. Teammates didn't sniff rounding up to 1.0 until the last game or two. I'm going to get to 13 IB matches and have like 2 wins. You'd think Solo/Duo queues would be the *easiest* way to matchmake even teams, no? But instead, we get 4 solo god-like players vs our 6 solo scrubvilles.

I had one game where my team of randoms stomped a 6 man premade. They rage quit 12k to 7k.

It was hilarious.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »

It's a great exotic and it does look cool. Except that it gives me baby arms compared to some of the other Titan shoulders, which are WoW-like in their extreme size.

They really take the T Rex arms of the Titan to a whole new level.

i need it

i neeeeed it

fucking

damnit

Bro I feel you. Honestly both NBP and Universal Remote were considered somewhat mediocre items in Year 1. In addition the NBP change was unforeseen, especially considering DeeJ Edit: Sorry, Bungie had previously straight up DENIED that NBP was getting buffed.

The NBP change opened up a ton of potential builds and weapons like UR which were previously not optimal, all of a sudden has some real applications now.

Wait, you guys have been talking about NBP all this time in theorycraft? o_o