As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Festival of the Lost is live! Big head mode and cavities for everyone!

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited October 2015 in Games and Technology
We called it the Traveler, and its arrival changed us forever. Great cities were built on Mars and Venus; Mercury became a garden world. Human lifespan tripled. It was a time of miracles. We stared out at the galaxy and knew that it was our Destiny to walk in the light of other stars.

But the Traveler had an enemy. A Darkness - which had hunted it for eons, across the black gulfs of space, centuries after our Golden Age began. This Darkness... found us. And that was the end of everything.

That is, until Peter Dinklage Nolan North found you, Guardian!

7wqy627to2qz.jpg

Destiny: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy *deep breath* first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 and the first title in a proposed 10-year, zillion-dollar franchise from Bungie and Activision. It’s MMO-like – think gear, skill trees, leveling up, and party play – with an emphasis on exploration and discovery. As of September 15, 2015, we have entered Year Two of Destiny, which has ushered in a host of new content, quality of life changes, UI improvements, weapon balance tweaks, and whole new ways to play. At its core, Destiny is still a cooperative role-playing FPS with levels and rep to grind and new and exciting gear and weapons to seek out. But it's getting a whole lot bigger with version 2.0 and its biggest expansion yet, The Taken King.

Still relevant: The game is set in our own solar system, 700 years in the future, following a prosperous period of exploration and colonization ushered in by the arrival of the “Traveler,” a mysterious celestial body (pictured above). The Golden Age came to an abrupt end as a result of a momentous event called “the Collapse,” a calamity that wiped out human colonies everywhere. Humanity has retreated to the Last City on Earth, our shared home and the launching point for our journey back to the stars, and from within its walls, we have begun to rebuild. We have begun to fight back. But even as we stand tall, our Light visible in the canyons and craters of far-off worlds, blinding our enemies with its brilliance, the Darkness threatens to close in around us. And everything we know about our enemy is about to change.

destiny-the-taken-king-listing-thumb-01-us-16jun15?$Icon$

The Taken King

In Year One of Destiny, we the Wise and Noble Guardians of Pax Arcadia traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Today, the Tower stands because of the bravery and sacrifice of our ranks. Our legend is known far and wide across the bloodied fields of the Crucible. We have earned the favor of the Queen and now protect her Reef from those who would tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. But we faced trials as well, true challenges that required complete cooperation and tested our limits, especially when we plunged into the depths of the Dark Below and stood face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

Now a deeper Darkness stirs. From the shadows beyond, Oryx himself has learned of our triumph, and he will not abide our insolence, our courage - our Legend. He is assembling a mysterious, twisted force that he plans to unleash upon our world. It is our duty to stop him. Prepare yourselves, Arcadians: the Taken King comes for us all.

destiny-thetakenking-screen-04-us-15jun15?$TwoColumn_Media$

Join the ranks of Pax Arcadia! Our clan is on both systems!
(and with the new firmware, we now have a PS4 Community!)

oys3p1lw64ty.png

We've assembled a Bungie.net group - and within that group, a PlayStation clan and an Xbox clan - so that PA G&Ters can play together. We're Pax Arcadia, and we're currently making our way through endgame content and crushing the Crucible in six-man fireteams on a nightly basis!

Edit (Sept. 22, 2015): We presently have room in the PA clan on Xbox One, but we're full up at the 100-person cap on the PS4 side for both PA and PA2. That being said, we're typically cycling people out for inactivity lasting over six months and spots tend to open up very frequently! Follow the instructions below!

To join:
1. Send @GMaster7 (on the PS side) or @ObiFett (on the Xbox side) - or preferably, both - a PM, letting us know that you're joining the group(s) and applying to the clan.
2. Join the Bungie.net group for Pax Arcadia (right here, at this link). If necessary, you can hit up the group for Pax Arcadia II (right here), either instead or in addition, and join that, too. You don't need admin approval to join the groups.
3. Once you're in one or both Bungie.net groups, click "Set as PlayStation Clan" in the banner if you're on PS3/PS4 or "Set as Xbox Clan" in Pax Arcadia's banner if you're on 360/XB1 to officially request admission to that group's respective clan (either PA or PA2). If you're on PSN, you'll probably need to apply to PA2, the overflow clan. If you're on Xbox, you can apply to PA and don't need to mess with PA2.
4. Add yourself to the Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster that we've created to keep track of membership. Use the tabs at the bottom to select your console, and put yourself at the bottom of your tab's list. We'll bump you up to your proper alphabetical placement.
5. If you've sent us a PM and added yourself to the Mega-Roster, we'll accept you as soon as we can.
6. Friend some PAers, hop online, and take to the skies in the name of Pax Arcadia!

Find teammates with The100.io!

If you're looking for teammates for any activity, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
•Pax Arcadia - Xbox One: https://www.the100.io/groups/1397
•Pax Arcadia - Xbox 360: https://www.the100.io/groups/1398
•Pax Arcadia - PS4: https://www.the100.io/groups/1226

Keeping Track of Things

Guide for anyone getting back into the game, courtesy of reddit and shared with the thread by @Erevar

Destiny Item Manager: Use this Chrome extension to move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory! Has more functionality than Bungie.net and is super useful: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/destiny-item-manager/apghicjnekejhfancbkahkhdckhdagna?hl=en

Track your stats - everything you might ever want to know - here: http://www.destinytracker.com

Year Two Emblem Codes from TTK Collector's Edition (codes still being cracked):
3VF-LGC-RLX (Insula Thesauraria)
Redeem Here

Year One Shaders, Emblems, and Grimoire Codes:
Redeem here: http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption

YKA-RJG-MH9 (Grimoire: Warlock)
3DA-P4X-F6A (Grimoire: Titan)
MVD-4N3-NKH (Grimoire: Hunter)
TCN-HCD-TGY (Grimoire: Rixis)
HDX-ALM-V4K (Grimoire: Old Russia)
473-MXR-3X9 (Grimoire: Hive)
JMR-LFN-4A3 (Grimoire: Moon)
HC3-H44-DKC (Grimoire: Gjallorhorn)
69P-KRM-JJA (Grimoire: Duke MK.44)
69P-VCH-337 (Grimoire: The Tower)
69R-CKD-X7L (Grimoire: Ogre)
69R-DDD-FCP (Grimoire: Valley of the Kings, Mars)
69R-F99-AXG (Grimoire: The Fallen)
69R-VL7-J6A (Grimoire: Red Death)
69X-DJN-74V (Grimoire: The Cabal)
6A7-7NP-3X7 (Grimoire: The Devastated Coast)
6A9-DTG-YGN (Grimoire: Vex Minotaur)
7F9-767-F74 (Emblem: Sign of the Finite)
FJ9-LAM-67F (Emblem: Binding Focus)
JD7-4CM-HJG (Emblem: Illusion of Light)
JDT-NLC-JKM (Emblem: Ab Aeterno)
JNX-DMH-XLA (Emblem: Field of Light)
7CP-94V-LFP (Emblem: Lone Focus, Jagged Edge)
X4C-FGX-MX3 (Emblem: Note of Conquest)
X9F-GMA-H6D (Emblem: The Unimagined Plane)
N3L-XN6-PXF (Emblem: The Reflective Proof)
A7L-FYC-44X (Emblem: Flames of Forgotten Truth)
7MM-VPD-MHP (Shader: Double Banshee)
RXC-9XJ-4MH (Shader: Oracle 99)

Destiny-Massively-Successful-Over-5-Million-Unique-Twitch-Viewers-On-Week-One-459279-2.jpg

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• Evil MonkeyEvil Monkey Grover beachRegistered User regular
    Fresh thread smell :D

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    From the last thread:
    Arch wrote: »
    I can't describe how much the NBP changed the game. I've gotten so many multikills off of the ability it isn't even funny

okay, its pretty funny, but that's not the point

Defender was always supposed to be the "tanky" subclass, but were outclassed in most situations because overshield activated on KILL, not on HIT. In practice, Sunsingers and Bladedancers were actually better at absorbing damage AND dishing it out. Warlocks had an on-hit shield, plus a better melee, which made Titans with their tiny melee range even less effective. Blancers had damage reduction on super, plus instakill arc blades and even invisibility depending on spec.

What the new NBP's do, is that they extend the Titan melee perk activation range to shotgun range. They still cost and require a melee charge, but finally the Defender can reliably and effectively activate his overshield in a manner that rewards him for getting close-range kills, but without the handicap of it having to be a melee kill with the worst melee range class.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I want to do some iron banana after I get my exotic swords. Bunch of groups running?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Anyone want to do Void Sword Al'akhul with me later? (We can pop some 3oC and pray for new exotics to drop.)

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    In our impromptu raid I accidentally started the Oryx fight in the middle of @Tabin explaining the encounter to our newbies...

We proceed to one shot him with minimal explanation. That was insane.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
    Team late Bloomers aka team ugh aka team illegal maple syrup me and @Haximus will be unable to raid Fridays next few weeks. You guys down for Saturday or Sunday raids?
    @Hiryu02 @Iron Weasel @Casually Hardcore

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
    Team late Bloomers aka team ugh aka team illegal maple syrup me and @Haximus will be unable to raid Fridays next few weeks. You guys down for Saturday or Sunday raids?
    @Hiryu02 @Iron Weasel @Casually Hardcore

Honestly I'm okay at any time during the week. If we get everyone in one place during the week I'm down to do a quick boss or two even before the weekend.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
    Goddamn it. Now that I think about it, Red Death would be a great gun to use along with the NBP also. What's tankier than shotgun overshield? Shotgun overshield and HP regen on a primary kill.

According to Bungie I have 4874 Red Death kills in Year 1, and apparently I was top 1% in grenade kills with over 7500. I thought I was top 5%, lol. I guess in the absence of Armamentarium, Red Death awaits.

• ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    From reddit:

"I Don't See Why Everyone is Complaining About Sunbreakers"
    All they do is give you an extra Solar Grenade that lasts longer.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    This may sound salty, but I'm serious. How does the PvP matchmaking actually put together teams? I ask this because I'm now on my 11th (yes, eleven) loss in a row on IB. I'm consistently >1.5 kd and the top 1-2 on my team, so it's not that I'm holding them back. It just seems like, by sheer averages, I would eventually wind up on a team that wins.

This isn't meant to be "boo hoo," but this literally gives me no incentive to keep playing. My medallions are maxed, and I can't gain rep without winning. There's nothing I can do better or different. I love the PvP in this game, but I'm honestly on the verge of walking away from this IB altogether because this matchmaking is so fucking awful.

Edit: Twelve

rndmhero on
  • metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    rndm, I heartily recommend never playing IB with pubbies. You might not be playing during times when you can team with a full crew of PA, but that's really the only way to go unless you're just trying to knock out bounties.

• OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    It's also self fulfilling because good players are now playing sunbro instead of stupid striker. Bad players keep playing striker.
    While I am not a pro or anything, I'm still running Striker over SolBrother. I fully understand why I am in the minority, though. SunBros be bonkers.

Every ability outside of the super just doesn't gel with my playstyle.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    edited October 2015
    rndmhero wrote: »
    This may sound salty, but I'm serious. How does the PvP matchmaking actually put together teams? I ask this because I'm now on my 11th (yes, eleven) loss in a row on IB. I'm consistently >1.5 kd and the top 1-2 on my team, so it's not that I'm holding them back. It just seems like, by sheer averages, I would eventually wind up on a team that wins.

This isn't meant to be "boo hoo," but this literally gives me no incentive to keep playing. My medallions are maxed, and I can't gain rep without winning. There's nothing I can do better or different. I love the PvP in this game, but I'm honestly on the verge of walking away from this IB altogether because this matchmaking is so fucking awful.

I apologize, but K/D doesn't guarantee wins in Control. If you are not holding more points consistently, even if you are killing the shit out of the enemy team your kills count for less. I mean theoretically it is possible to win holding only one point vs two all game just by sheer volume of kills, but you would need a LOT more kills than the enemy team to win.

On the flip side, you can die all the time, but as long as your team is holding two points all game, any kills your team makes count for more and your deaths count for less.

I regularly have a sub .5/6 kd in winning games because I die all the time, my pvp is basically the Fabian Strategy. I don't care if I die, as long as my death extends my teams hold on a point or prevents an enemy taking our point. If your team is playing Control like Clash with no emphasis on holding points, you are going to lose almost regardless of your team's K/D.

Edit: Again I apologize, I think I may be misreading your post. I initially thought you were talking purely in a K/D sense, if not please disregard.

Hiryu02 on
  • CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited October 2015

I believe it's a mix of the general calculated pvp ranking and locale to minimize connection issues. Also, 12 games is hardly a substantial sample size, and it's not like winning IB is a flip of a coin (especially if you're just playing by yourself). Play in a group; if it's the right people, even losing can be fun. It's more about the group dynamic in IB even while solo. If you can't act together in concert, it doesn't matter whose score is what or whose K/D is best.

As an example, you want to avoid triple capping in Control, because the enemy team starts spawning in unpredictable locations, so it's harder to defend. If you have teammates that don't understand that, it's that much harder to control and own two points.

Also, unless you (or your team) is absolutely stomped by 10k points, you get match made with the same group of people. So if you're playing against/with people that are clearly bad or mismatched, leave and re-queue into the IB (or any pvp) event. You will usually get totally different people, but if you're worried about it, you can always head to the tower and back.

Cobell on
  • CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular

I don't know what it does to pick teams but I don't get the impression it's performance based outside of the "breaking apart these teams for a better game" thing. But then it doesn't seem terribly concerned about connection speed either. Or, if it is, there are even more laggers than it seems like there are.

I also have no idea how it goes about deciding when N people are "enough" for a game or how to distribute them. Because whatever changes they made to the algorithm with 2.0 seem to have fucked up that part real good.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular

Sometimes I worry about playing well because I don't want Bungie matchmaking to think I can carry a team. I'm way too inconsistent for that shit.

one thing I would suggest when you're pubbing it is to focus on capping points, not kills. A lot of the times it seems like one side in pubbie matches completely gives up on capping points, which means they are going to lose. Everyone just runs to the current cap point and dies maybe slightly less slightly more than the other team. But if the other team is holding the key points you are going to lose.

If you focus on capping vulnerable points you are probably going to help your team more than just getting kills, especially because it seems like 80% of pubbies completely ignore points.

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    one thing I would suggest when you're pubbing it is to focus on capping points, not kills. A lot of the times it seems like one side in pubbie matches completely gives up on capping points, which means they are going to lose. Everyone just runs to the current cap point and dies maybe slightly less slightly more than the other team. But if the other team is holding the key points you are going to lose.

If you focus on capping vulnerable points you are probably going to help your team more than just getting kills, especially because it seems like 80% of pubbies completely ignore points.
    Lord Shaxx wrote:
    Fight back! Control the zones!

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    It's also self fulfilling because good players are now playing sunbro instead of stupid striker. Bad players keep playing striker.
    While I am not a pro or anything, I'm still running Striker over SolBrother. I fully understand why I am in the minority, though. SunBros be bonkers.

Every ability outside of the super just doesn't gel with my playstyle.

I too am more of a natural-born Striker than a Sunbreaker. Doing the Striker questline a week after being grossly incandescent since TTK was like strapping on the warm, broken-in shoulder pads of a past life. But I've moved on to Defender to complete the questline, and pretty soon, I'll be running exclusively Sunbabybro again for that questline.

I want all subclass emblems so that my emblem can always reflect my current build! That'll be so awesome for raiding, and I encourage everyone to do the same.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • CelianCelian Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    rndm, I heartily recommend never playing IB with pubbies. You might not be playing during times when you can team with a full crew of PA, but that's really the only way to go unless you're just trying to knock out bounties.

Playing with friends is specially important in Iron Banner. The odds of you being matched against a full/mostly full group is much higher than in any other game mode. The algorithm could avoid matching "pubbies" vs groups, but then the queue times might become attrocious for IB.

Luckily, a lot of the bounties don't require you to do much winning. The only crap one would be heavy kills because pubbies can't wait to pop those purple crates.

PSN: BenTheFrenchy || Xbox: TheCanuck || Battle.Net: Celian#1956 || the100.io Pax Group
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I know it is a defender-specific strategy, but the ability of a defender with a bubble to force the enemy to make a choice (give up the control point he has camped on) or return and take it back, thus losing ground elsewhere is an infinitely better use of any defender's time than trying to kill all the dudes or siege really defended points

• DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

Lord Shaxx wrote:
    Fight back! Control the zones!

like if you're playing on shores of time and the other team has the Cool Sniper Beach hunkered down you should really be focused on breaking up their good spawn point

if you manage to kill all the guys there, or just contest it long enough for them to start spawning elsewhere you've done more for your team than if you got a decent KDR

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    In honor of the thread title, I propose this be posted on every page:
    https://youtu.be/ZE7sXChxjkQ

Arch wrote: »
    I know it is a defender-specific strategy, but the ability of a defender with a bubble to force the enemy to make a choice (give up the control point he has camped on) or return and take it back, thus losing ground elsewhere is an infinitely better use of any defender's time than trying to kill all the dudes or siege really defended points

I've mentioned before that in Y1 at least, a Defender is ideal for taking an enemy point on offense, while a Striker is great at defending a point from enemy attack.

• Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Also , don't forget confirmation bias. I could of swore I lost every game last night but it turns out I actually won more matches then lose.

Honestly, if you play on a consistent basis then you'll hit rank 5 no problem. The weekly bounties are very easy to hit too.

Casually Hardcore on
  • JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    Celian wrote: »
    metaghost wrote: »

Playing with friends is specially important in Iron Banner. The odds of you being matched against a full/mostly full group is much higher than in any other game mode. The algorithm could avoid matching "pubbies" vs groups, but then the queue times might become attrocious for IB.

Luckily, a lot of the bounties don't require you to do much winning. The only crap one would be heavy kills because pubbies can't wait to pop those purple crates.

The really good thing about a 6 man premade is that you can never be matched into an ongoing game.

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
    https://youtu.be/QoxrhSXUras
    Shitttt......hunter have a super bug hope bungie fixes asap.

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
  • MarikirMarikir Registered User regular

Also...at maxed medallions, don't feel bad about dropping a match. When alone, I do this and never feel remorse over it.

I know, I know, heresy, but seriously. If you are maxed on medallions and approaching max tilt/salinity, then drop. Save yourself the anguish/anger and just get out.

You've done your part, you've done what you can. Find a better engagement. Better to save your own enjoyment.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    The exotic sword quest is rough. Fighting all those dudes in the Sunless Cell was a huge pain. I have my exotic arc now but I might wait a bit to do the other two.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    edited October 2015
    *video snip*

Oh

My

Gods.

- my literal reaction

Marikir on
    So you just open the menu while the super is still active and it goes back to inactive and fully charged?

*** SNIP VIDEO ***

Comment thread from reddit:
    Person 1 wrote:
    Sweet, I'm going to go try this out in crucible with a 6 man fireteam of hunters. I'll report back on how it goes.

Edit: Sunbreaker killed us all.
    Person 2 wrote:
    Sunbreakers, more powerful than game breaking exploits...

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:

Wow, kinda crazy. Only really effective probably in PVE, due to the hunter would probably get ventilated in Crucible as soon as he goes into menu. I'm actually okay with this not being patched any time soon. It seems like a fun bug with a limited application that is PVE-heavy.

So you just open the menu while the super is still active and it goes back to inactive and fully charged?

Yea after one or 2 shots

Evil%20MonQey.jpg
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

Wow, kinda crazy. Only really effective probably in PVE, due to the hunter would probably get ventilated in Crucible as soon as he goes into menu. I'm actually okay with this not being patched any time soon. It seems like a fun bug with a limited application that is PVE-heavy.

I think you underestimate the willingness and "dedication" of exploiters, my good man.

Imagine, a team of Nightstalkers...all of them doing this over and over and over...the moment they see movement, another bolt or four is instantly sent out.

Or three of them feeding orbs to their teammates. Say, three Sunbreaker Titans.

• Chadzilla1983Chadzilla1983 Registered User regular
    Didn't see how far the old thread got! Posting again just in case it was missed.

Anyone want a break from IB and want to raid tonight? Xbone at 9pm PST?

XBOX Live GT: Chadzilla1983
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Imprecation quest done. Now to wait one week for my Unknown Rewards.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Imprecation quest done. Now to wait one week for my Unknown Rewards.
    https://www.bungie.net/en/armory/Detail?type=item&item=987423912&itemname=The First Curse

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    Marikir wrote: »
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

I think you underestimate the willingness and "dedication" of exploiters, my good man.

Imagine, a team of Nightstalkers...all of them doing this over and over and over...the moment they see movement, another bolt or four is instantly sent out.

Or three of them feeding orbs to their teammates. Say, three Sunbreaker Titans.

Thing is, if you can organize this you can do all sorts of crazy shit anyway. Remember the team of six Saint-14 Defender Titans bubbling everything from here to Blind Watch? They all kept perma-bubbles and orb generation up 24-7. And so on.

If you have an organized team doing this, that would be one thing, but also very obvious and easy to report. All I'm saying is that sure it's an exploit, but I'm not worried about a rando doing it in IB. If I did see it, I would report it and move on. I'm sure BNG is aware already and they will get to it.It seems like something that's much easier to use effectively in PVE.

It is at least more difficult to abuse than the spamhammers.

Erevar wrote: »
    *** SNIP VIDEO ***

Comment thread from reddit:
    Person 1 wrote:
    Sweet, I'm going to go try this out in crucible with a 6 man fireteam of hunters. I'll report back on how it goes.

Edit: Sunbreaker killed us all.
    Person 2 wrote:
    Sunbreakers, more powerful than game breaking exploits...

Seen in a later thread...

Source

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJeDz2oHZQs

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
This discussion has been closed.